• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kI_rbxxXnQ&feature=youtu.be

giphy.gif

That's great.

Let it stay that way.

What people should realize is when you get changes like these that make characters relatively strong to other similar champions, it creates a 'weapons race' state where other characters will start getting updates/buffs to compensate.

That is what League needs right now.

oh man a buff from patch 6.14, after they nerfed her q, passive, ult, e and every base stat

definitely changed her from weak to busted right.

I wouldn't call her broken

Annoying sure, but I find current Leblanc annoying too.

drawkcaB

Fade time is pointless since its a camouflage ability. If you're in range to see him then there's no reason to delay his stealth.

Since it's fake stealth, Rengar doesn't need fade time since everyone close to him will see him anyways.

You're both missing a key bit of information here. The fade wasn't added because of jungle Rengar. It was added because it gave top lane rengar a huge amount of safety when getting ganked post-6. I don't see anything in this rework preventing top lane Rengar.

Thanks to the camouflage change it's not as bad as the very first iteration of Rengar was, sure, but if Rengar is getting ganked top and neither the jungler nor the opposing laner are within visual range, which isn't very long assuming it matches Evelynn's, Rengar escaping won't be particularly hard, particularly with a 40% MS that lasts minimum 14s.

You're both missing a key bit of information here. The fade wasn't added because of jungle Rengar. It was added because it gave top lane rengar a huge amount of safety when getting ganked post-6. I don't see anything in this rework preventing top lane Rengar.

Thanks to the camouflage change it's not as bad as the very first iteration of Rengar was, sure, but if Rengar is getting ganked top and neither the jungler nor the opposing laner are within visual range, which isn't very long assuming it matches Evelynn's, Rengar escaping won't be particularly hard.

Um

The issue with top lane rengar was that he would disappear immediately and that unless you had a pink ward ready to plop down, he could be dry humping you while invisible and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Bring in the fade. That was to prevent a Rengar from simply popping his ultimate and immediately going invisible, and allow opponents to counter his invisibility.

IE Jayce and Rengar are fighting, Jayces Jungler comes in, Rengar pops stealth and immediately goes invisible. After the addition of fade, Rengar could pop his ult, but it gave Jayce and the jungler time to counterplay Rengar.

Now with the new change:
Jayce and Rengar are fighting, Jayces Jungler comes in, Rengar pops stealth and immediately goes invisible, however because Jayce is still near Rengar, the jungler and Jayce can still see Rengar and target him.

I don't see what the issue you're taking here is.

Those Ali changes are solid.

That's one thing I support-making Supports more fun to play through having more ways to 'assault' the enemy. Giving him Trample and allowing him to do significant damage in team fights is great.

Fracas

#fuckonami
New Talon is fun AF

He doesn't feel nearly as mana gated as he did before, either. Q costs like 30 mana max rank and the e is free

drawkcaB

Am I crazy or does the Alistar change seem like a buff?

Holy shit I missed the CC removal and immunity from Rengar's rework. Jesus Christ what the fuck.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The jungle changes look really good. Seems like it should go a long way to providing flexibility. I'm super excited for the 2017 season.

zkylon

zkylewd
well just got home (forgot the freaking keys to the office and had to go back home and work overtime lol), let's read this thing

i'm already glad they copied all my ideas for leblanc

sounds really cool, although i'm not so sure about being able to mimic anything

i mean, it sounds cool for me, but to the person playing against her it makes her super unpredictable and i'm not sure if i like that, i feel like predictable patterns are generally good design

will have to see, is she on pbe yet?

rest i'll read in a bit, so much text omg

(also skins look dope)

Can't wait to go AP Ali again. Lel

I'm definitely going to go for Talon as my next champion. :V I need to see Project Kat with that rework.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really like lethality, feels like a really smart thing to add to the game

if they take this direction of doing more unique non-linear stats that'd be really good imo

also cool that they just like stole bkb or something

that item is cool, specially since they made it non-instant

TheFlow

Banned
4-5 month hiatus is over. 5-1 today! S2 climbing for Gold hopefully.

Not saying anything to toxic players definitely works.

It's fun in Dota but Icefrog does tone stuff down from time to time. Please keep that in mind Riot.

psh, even when Icefrog tones it down, things are still fun and wild in dota. Then again they embrace randomness, so things are always going to be a *bit* broken.

Really, things like Redemption, Rengars W, Talons jump, those things are mild, truthfully.

Make the grey health scale with bonus AD.

0 AD = no heal

Rengar would completely suck if they did that. I'd be for having a flat 50% heal rate for Rengars W, and then increasing that through AD, but really tank Rengar is going to be great. You're going to love it.

My client has had a message saying that clubs are experiencing issues and it's been disabled for like 4 or 5 days. Is that happening for everyone else, or do I need to repair my client?

killatopak

Gold Member
Attempts at learning Riven, unsuccessful so far. XD

It's only a matter of time. The hardest part of learning her is being toxic af and you already have that affinity.

Truthfully though, you don't even need those fancy cancel animations to get to a high level with her. You just need to learn every match up and practice it a lot. It worked for me.

Wow, Another Sejuani skin without special recall. I guess Seju will be the ezreal of Jungles in skins department

It's the classical "Mayicantec" stuff of "we want the feel of mayan/aztec/incan iconography but not actually well researched aesthetics".

It's still pretty eye pleasing.

Pretty much.

Also D'akala di'chuka horridont! Kalimaste! vibes from WoW Zandalari

New Kat and Talon are amazing. Very unique kits. Leblanc I'm not too sure about. Need to see her in action.

Edit: wait WTF. Leblanc's new Mimic E seems hilariously broken. It has 320 base damage at rank 2 and also procs the passive on its own (another 200 base damage at that point in the game). That's 520 base damage (plus probably some decent scaling) for one spell at rank 2? And she has 3 other spells that do damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok finished reading, thoughts-

lb - she's the one i'm more interested in since i love lebonk,
* i think the passive-q changes are exactly what she needs (that's why i said them like a year ago and rito costy stole them from me you're welcome xoxo). i really like the cooking part of her passive, i think that's pretty smart as well as giving it a cooldown will make her more poke oriented which is fine.
* the pop back timer on her w is worrying but they say it wouldn't be noticed by most people, so i'll wait and see.
* the ult is really strange, having separate cooldowns sounds super wonky and i don't like that at all, and the r-r thing sounds kind of weird, really long cooldown for something that is probably gonna be rarely useful, but i guess giving it a long cooldown makes it at least not very problematic. tho i guess u can like w r r w and scare them and shit? idk
* the clones on regular ult sound they're there for extra flair more than gameplay, tho i get u might get fucked up by minions if u want to double chain, idk

talon - he looks cool, his vfx in general look really good and his jumping thing being gated by massive per-terrain cooldown sounds decent. it looked REALLY rough on the rito stream tho, the indicator sometimes was missing like 2 blips of terrain for some reason, sometimes it was yellow and he could jump it, sometimes brush would cover it, sometimes the jump just stopped midway, it was not great. the rest of his kit is ok i guess, not very exciting but talon is not very exciting in general

kat - kat does look great, the whole throw a dagger and shunpo to it silliness sounds really fun to do and set up although she's gonna be annoying as all fuck. i like that her dagger only bounces twice now, as well as her old w being only up for daggers picked up, but i don't really see her as being a lot more interactive in lane and she still looks like really difficult to deal with since all she does is instantaneous. i thought they were gonna slow down shunpo?

bkb - i like bkb to replace maw cos the person using it needs to be able to outplay you vs hexdrinker's dumbness. good change, tho i feel assassins will still buy maw, tho maybe it'll be as shit as rushing zhonyas is

not sure about the rest, rengar doesn't seem to have gotten any fun new tricks so w/e, minor changes seem like good ideas, bkb sounds cool, aegis being dead is good, the new support items look very abusable so i don't like em much

Here's Talon's E in action

looks kinda janky there but you get the idea
was this guy submitting a vid for our shitty phone pictures contest

Victorious Maokai is probably the best looking Victorious skin

Too bad its for fucking Maokai
yeah lol

but also victorious skins are kind of worthless for me since everyone has em lol

yeah he lost the W free AD passive tho

so idea is that you don't just get free damage, and if you ult the right targets and kill them (hint ADCs) then you get your extra AD that way
important part is that it doesn't stack, so it's not a snowball mechanic

if u kill someone and their ad is higher than what you already had it replaces it

i think it's a smart change cos it's not putting more snowball in zed (thank god) but also encouraging him to roam bot cos it's gonna be more profitable than killing the mid

99% sure those are solo, ranked 3v3 and ranked 5v5, not the ranked emblems
sure hope so

Top Bottom