• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
League of Assassins will probably be meta for the first few months of the season.

Good luck to all adc mains. Bruisers will probably be popular as well to combat assassins as well as champions that have self preservations like lissadra and bard.

I had a thought: is there still a significant amount of people that dislike assassins and want to see them changed because they don't like being bursted to death?

lulu don't fit cos she just has a large toolset because all her abilities have multiple uses. she's a really cool champion but i don't think she feels like invoker
I mean the conversation between myself, a friend and the Rioter was (and this was around Season 2)

- "Hey put Invoker in League"
- "Lulu is like Invoker"
- "nah fuck off"

so we didn't buy it either. I understand Ryze more.

Talents

Banned
- "Lulu is like Invoker"
- "nah fuck off"

o63vh.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
also zed's ult sounds exactly like what rito was saying they didn't want rengo to be, killing the weakest champ on the enemy team over and over zzzzzz

zkylon

zkylewd
I had a thought: is there still a significant amount of people that dislike assassins and want to see them changed because they don't like being bursted to death?
a lot of it is the timeframe in which u get bursted down

lebonk could at worst double q u the support and oneshot them, that's not great lol

delayed abilities like zed ult are an improvement, although that one has many issues for other reasons

I mean the conversation between myself, a friend and the Rioter was (and this was around Season 2)

- "Lulu is like Invoker"
- "nah fuck off"

so we didn't buy it either. I understand Ryze more.
i feel like ryze is probably the closest league is gonna get

he's really cool, he needs to get nerfed cos he feels super busted to me but i really like how they distilled some of the same ideas into something better fitting for league

also it's crazy how he needs nerfs but he's still like 44% winrate. i honestly think making his ult have a longer cast time would actually be considered a buff, it's impossible to coordinate that shit in solo q and even with ur buddies it's so hard to get everyone on board since it's so fast

i think nerfing his basic abilities a bit and buffing his ult would probably be good overall

also zed's ult sounds exactly like what rito was saying they didn't want rengo to be, killing the weakest champ on the enemy team over and over zzzzzz
except it doesn't work like that -___-

it doesn't stack and only gives u ad if the person u killed had more ad than the last person u killed

the idea is u kill the adc over and over, killing the support doesn't have any extra benefits for zed

you didn't really read what it said did haha

drawkcaB

Unpopular opinion (likely) but if I was to make a list of all the assassins in the game needing a touch up of some sort or another Zed would have been near the bottom of the list.

I think the most annoying part of Zed are the players who play him, both in terms of quantity and the types of people he attracts, not the kit itself.

zkylon

zkylewd
sejuanimodel.jpg

that sej skin so cute

also i wonder why there's so many hecarim skins, i guess he's easy to do vfx for or something, but his model is pretty complex and i bet doing good models for him is probably pretty difficult

Unpopular opinion (likely) but if I was to make a list of all the assassins in the game needing a touch up of some sort or another Zed would have been near the bottom of the list.

I think the most annoying part of Zed are the players who play him, both in terms of quantity and the types of people he attracts, not the kit itself.
i don't think zed's kit is too bad, i just really dislike his tuning

When I played League I had the exact same problem with Tryndamere players who were (and are) uniformly terrible people.

Most zed players:" I CAN CARRY OK JUST LET ME GET KILLS

LOOK AT ME I'M CARRYING

DON'T BAN ZED OK

OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

drawkcaB

sejuanimodel.jpg

that sej skin so cute

also i wonder why there's so many hecarim skins, i guess he's easy to do vfx for or something, but his model is pretty complex and i bet doing good models for him is probably pretty difficult

i don't think zed's kit is too bad, i just really dislike his tuning

Hecarim skins probably sell well. Just my own experience, but every time I see a Hecarim it seems like it's never the default skin.

Regarding Zed, yeah I agree. Nothing had to be functionally changed. Riot just gave themselves some more balance work at a time when they're introducing tons of new and changed content into the game in order to...fuck knows, really.

I just learned that Riot will not be adding the custom item set function in the new client. I'm super salty right now. I like using it to remind myself to make particular purchases (like always upgrading my red trinket at level 9) and as reminders to use unorthodox yet effective items for my champions when the situation calls for it.

Reivaxe

Kat and LB look hella fun.

Talon is interesting. I thought he could just jump over walls when ever but apparently nope.
Haven't checked out Rango yet.

These changes are exiting, I just really really hope Shaco still scales with AP, love to use him in ARAM or Domion-esque games.
Maybe I can play Kat again, I used to like her when she was first released but that rework killed any desire of me using her, same as Evelynn and Ash RIP.

drawkcaB

Looking forward to tomorrow's patch so I can test out the new jungle. I definitely having my doubts after seeing his changes, but hopefully Ekko's in a better spot. Otherwise, seeing some Ivern buffs (along with the promised Daisy AI tweaks) would be nice to see, although I might be disappointed in that too since Riot's focus for the next few weeks will be elsewhere.

zkylon

zkylewd
so many bans i feel rusty at syndra already -___-

(i mean, i was so happy she wasn't banned i blindpicked her and then got leona, yi and chogath on the enemy team ;_;)

zkylon

zkylewd
UwHieF6.png

draven is basically the shaco of botlane

that champion you're like not even 5 minutes later wishing you'd dodged

what a fucking piece of shit useless champion lol

Is the expectation coming from Lucian being a bad carry?

he falls off late, but looking at the rest of his team he could have been on any champ and still lost that

also DV with the carry pants on Cho. I'd imagine Lucian with his short range is an easy victim for Cho

UwHieF6.png

draven is basically the shaco of botlane

that champion you're like not even 5 minutes later wishing you'd dodged

what a fucking piece of shit useless champion lol

he also had a support Zilean against fucking Jhin and Thresh lol

not always the Draven's fault!

Is the expectation coming from Lucian being a bad carry?

team too heavy. also, cho's ability to simply remove an enemy champ from the screen is pretty frightening. I simply removed the kindred and karma in the last fight at their mid tier 3 before either could ult. Q --> silence --> R, gg.

I know his pain.

when the rest of your team combines to go 11 / 45 / 29 ...i mean, some teams don't deserve to win, even if you don't deserve to lose. Someone has to step up and help. Look at that damage graph. It's a fuckin travesty.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hecarim skins probably sell well. Just my own experience, but every time I see a Hecarim it seems like it's never the default skin.
lol yea

Regarding Zed, yeah I agree. Nothing had to be functionally changed. Riot just gave themselves some more balance work at a time when they're introducing tons of new and changed content into the game in order to...fuck knows, really.
idk, i think the changes he got are fairly minor, at least from the lvl 1 abilities on s@20

the move from the w passive to the ult thing doesn't seem so bad

if anything i wish they had tuned him more, but idk his full numbers yet

I just learned that Riot will not be adding the custom item set function in the new client. I'm super salty right now. I like using it to remind myself to make particular purchases (like always upgrading my red trinket at level 9) and as reminders to use unorthodox yet effective items for my champions when the situation calls for it.
i think there's gonna be support for like third party sites that do custom item set stuff

honestly i thought that feature was really cool and i made custom item sets at first but i forgot it even existed and haven't touched it in like 2 years

i think they could probably do like a favorites thing in the shop that works per champion and that's about it

but yeah even if i don't use it i think it's kind of lame they're removing it

he also had a support Zilean against fucking Jhin and Thresh lol

not always the Draven's fault!
i mean

he flash his face into a thresh hook at turret range for that sweet juicy passive moneyss

then he kind of did it again

then he did that thing all dravens do of idgaf i already lost us the game so imma lose it even more by running around middle of the lane in a completely dark map cos gotta catch em axes lol

reported for intentionally feeding

unfortunately it's not really worth supporting and porting a feature that so few people use, but we are still supporting third party tools (Championnify I think was one?) that allow you to do so if you really want to. It sucks for the few people that do use it, but that number was so few that it's just not really feasible to allocate time to it unfortunately.

and yeah that just sounds like a shitty draven.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would say Lucian does not really fall off late. Still very mobile and able to chew through people. Very difficult to deal with long range threats like Jinx/Cait in the late game if your team does not give you an in with CC or a vision advantage though.

zkylon

zkylewd
f63L3nZ.png

literally oneshot with veigar ult lol, even with qss

3244 dmg in 0.29s and rito is worried about lebonk :>

speaking of when is that ugly ass death screen thing gonna reworked

surely there's gonna be some free time soon to rework it

I would say Lucian does not really fall off late. Still very mobile and able to chew through people. Very difficult to deal with long range threats like Jinx/Cait in the late game if your team does not give you an in with CC or a vision advantage though.
i was gonna say something like this cos i think lucy still does silly dmg if supported by his team, but im not an adc expert

Did Zilean bought sightstone near to the end? lol
my zilean buddy wasn't haven't the bestest of nights lol

at least it wasn't on purpose!

f63L3nZ.png

literally oneshot with veigar ult lol, even with qss

3244 dmg in 0.29s and rito is worried about lebonk :>

speaking of when is that ugly ass death screen thing gonna reworked

surely there's gonna be some free time soon to rework it

it only did that much cos he ulted you at low health tbf

right????

also Rush and Fenix stream is hilarious lol

Leezard

unfortunately it's not really worth supporting and porting a feature that so few people use, but we are still supporting third party tools (Championnify I think was one?) that allow you to do so if you really want to. It sucks for the few people that do use it, but that number was so few that it's just not really feasible to allocate time to it unfortunately.

and yeah that just sounds like a shitty draven.

Yeah from what I gather it seems that most people using custom item sets use Championify.

zkylon

zkylewd
well u can see the math right there i was 64% lol

i shouldn't complain since i basically did the same to him a few minutes later (and i bet my ult did like 60% of his health also lol) but i would love to see veigar some day get a proper ult rework, maybe make changes to w too

i really like new q and his new e, but oneshotting people is kind of basic, specially since i think the idea of being trapped in his thing having to dodge spells is really cool, problem is it literally takes him one undodgeable spell to either kill u or take u out of the fight

QSS needs to build into more stuff.
would be nice to see it build into something for ap champs, but at the same time i see it being mage-friendly making it a must-buy

i'm cool with it as it is, i only buy it against malzahar, it was probably a waste here

zkylon

zkylewd
well noot the both of u are d5 so i'd say you're both just as bad good

i used to like dravens, idk what happened in s6 but all dravens i got were absolute garbage lol

Leezard

I think Draven is fine, it's just that you kinda need to snowball so bad Draven players will get wrecked while they try to outplay. Good junglers will just camp him.

ChrisD

I just made my first personal item sets four hours ago... Took like thirty minutes. Wish I knew this beforehand.

Newt

I think Draven is fine, it's just that you kinda need to snowball so bad Draven players will get wrecked while they try to outplay. Good junglers will just camp him.
You don't really need to snowball, you'll be okay coming out even since his midgame is pretty good, but if you get behind it's hellish.

Top Bottom