• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Xeilyn

Im so glad i saved up for Illaoi, most fun ive had since i started playing. Just something sooooo satisfying when all those tentacles start slappin fools
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Just now we were 3v5 and i got a quadra because they didnt respect dem slaps

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
from the Yasuo or the Ekko?

for Ekko all I can imagine is

Reversing polarity!Reversing polarity!Reversing polarity!Reversing polarity!Reversing polarity!

what would happen is the yasuos would catch three or four of us at once, and spam all their ults, so the ekko shadows would catch up and then we could just use our ults after they finished and blow them up

patchday

people thought I was being nitpicky asking for good gamemode rotation (around pg 17) and here we are- enjoying a good gamemode that got rotated in!!! LOL

@SenorArdilla, keep trying. Sometimes people get stinky and bail if they dont see a hero they like or rather comfortable with

Luigi87

Irelia gets banned top (no surprise), so I pick Zyra, 'cause people underestimate her top.
Support bitches at me for taking his main when he didn't pre-pick anything.

Edit: Well from what I gathered after things went poorly in the game and the chat spun out of control, the Support on my team, and a few of the enemy team players are pro-gamergate etc... Disgusting. I had to mute so many players because I've never been so disgusted by League chat before.

Im so glad i saved up for Illaoi, most fun ive had since i started playing. Just something sooooo satisfying when all those tentacles start slappin fools
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Just now we were 3v5 and i got a quadra because they didnt respect dem slaps

yass

queen dishing out harsh lessons

Newt

That awkward moment where the Yasuo is the most level headed person on the enemy team.
60bc0a829ebd6ce8a4afc3101212cfe3.jpg

Neol

Counterpicked a Tryndamere with Shen and wrecked him in the first few minutes in lane. Got mad and proceeded to dive and feed lanes.

#freelo

Just did an Illaoi top with a 3 man premade ... the enemy team had a fucking MF JG yet these mofos fed like a all-you-can-eat joint from the start.

Got to the point were they're taking our mid inhib and I just stay in lane with Poppy cause wtf can I do with this mess? :/

Hell, I only died cause I backed to buy as they were pushing to end the game and got roped into the fight via having TP on cd.

Glad it was normals I guess but yeah ... premades are such a mixed bag. I think at my elo they're mostly just people dicking around which may be why I hate premades.

(Also doesn't help that the WW JG wanted a top leash. I tried to leash him ... but 2 hits in he walks away and the frog aggros me. I left with 1/6th my HP gone and it reset so I might as well had not helped. He said srry but I'm not sure if it was some cheesy JG trick attempt. I hate leashing people top -_-)

Talents

Banned
Why is it possible to go against a premade of 3 when everyone on your team is solo? How is that fair in anyway? The premades have such a massive advantage it isn't even fair.

Why can't Riot stop being retarded and just add Voice comms already?

Why is it possible to go against a premade of 3 when everyone on your team is solo? How is that fair in anyway? The premades have such a massive advantage it isn't even fair.

Why can't Riot stop being retarded and just add Voice comms already?

That happened to my game last night.

We won by a landslide, though. Which leads me to surmise that if a D-queue is matched up against just solow players, the D-queue usually tends to have the weaker team.

zkylon

zkylewd
hard to tell if voice comms would make much of a difference, a lot of ppl don't have mics or don't wanna interact with strangers. i know i'm in no hurry to talk to the racist dicks i meet ingame

also not sure but i think lp gains/losses compensate u for playing against premades?

Newt

Yay, back to d4 promos after a decent winstreak.
Also, Talentz is right, the game would benefit from voice comms.

Back when Curse Voice made voice comms ingame, the game felt so much better. Other than that one weird dude that Soda Cop befriended.

So, just tried first game as Illaoi. Went against a Nasus and wrecked him. But when I got into larger team fights, I didn't do too well. I see most builds recommend black cleaver, but I'm questioning if I should even build that or just go full tank and skip it? Anyone here play her much?

Newt

So, just tried first game as Illaoi. Went against a Nasus and wrecked him. But when I got into larger team fights, I didn't do too well. I see most builds recommend black cleaver, but I'm questioning if I should even build that or just go full tank and skip it? Anyone here play her much?
Black Cleaver is only an item you should be rushing if you're ahead.

hard to tell if voice comms would make much of a difference, a lot of ppl don't have mics or don't wanna interact with strangers. i know i'm in no hurry to talk to the racist dicks i meet ingame

also not sure but i think lp gains/losses compensate u for playing against premades?

Voice comms wouldn't really help this game. If anything, it'd just increase the toxicity of it. DotA, for example has voice comms, but in the 200 hours that I played of it the only times people communicated were when they were speaking in some foreign language or trying to command others what to do.

The only reason voice chat works in a space such as console gaming, is because there is no text communication in that. And likewise, on a computer I feel many would prefer text chat to voice chat just because the amount of abuse that could happen over voice communication that can't feasibly be caught by Riot.

Really, people suggesting voice chat don't understand that it doesn't solve the problem of solo queue vs. D-queue. People aren't going to start chatting with you just because the enemy team has 3 people queuing together, nor are they going to listen to you just because you can talk.

It's a silly idea for silly people. Not trying to say there can't be benefit to it, but it's being overblown in importance.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think there's definitely good reason to have it, ar at the very least there's not much of a good reason not to have it, but yeah i doubt it'll change much, and i bet that's what made riot not implement it in the first place

patchday

voice chat is key-- this is why in MMOs it's pretty much non-optional.

But I don't blame you (Breezy) for arguing against it (or rather the importance of it). Cause you know Riot will never add them. Instead they will add 50+ more skins. It's all bout those dollar bills yall!!!

--------------\

Enjoyed One for All. Wish I could have played more :(

But I don't blame you (Breezy) for arguing against it (or rather the importance of it). Cause you know Riot will never add them. Instead they will add 50+ more skins. It's all bout those dollar bills yall!!!

MMOs are much different. Just like the bad analogies on comparing WoW to League a couple pages ago, this is yet another bad comparison. Again, unlike in WoW, where a group of people are willing to use mic chat together(or atleast willing to listen), is different from League, where solo queue players are less likely to engage in that form of communication.

Newt

Voice comms wouldn't really help this game. If anything, it'd just increase the toxicity of it. DotA, for example has voice comms, but in the 200 hours that I played of it the only times people communicated were when they were speaking in some foreign language or trying to command others what to do.

The only reason voice chat works in a space such as console gaming, is because there is no text communication in that. And likewise, on a computer I feel many would prefer text chat to voice chat just because the amount of abuse that could happen over voice communication that can't feasibly be caught by Riot.

Really, people suggesting voice chat don't understand that it doesn't solve the problem of solo queue vs. D-queue. People aren't going to start chatting with you just because the enemy team has 3 people queuing together, nor are they going to listen to you just because you can talk.

It's a silly idea for silly people. Not trying to say there can't be benefit to it, but it's being overblown in importance.
Nah, you don't understand. You weren't around during the curse voice era. People used comms often.

Nah, you don't understand. You weren't around during the curse voice era. People used comms often.

Actually, I was there at the advent of it. And in playing the game during that, there was an actual minimal amount of people using it, despite having 1 person pop up with it 1 out of 5 matches, not everyone participated in joining the party.

zkylon

zkylewd

wtf have skins to do with voice comms

and league is not a mmo

wtf is this post

what happened to curse voice anyways

i forget if riot banned it or not

Newt

Actually, I was there at the advent of it. And in playing the game during that, there was an actual minimal amount of people using it, despite having 1 person pop up with it 1 out of 5 matches, not everyone participated in joining the party.
I dunno, I often had games where 3-4 people would join the curse voice session.
what happened to curse voice anyways

i forget if riot banned it or not
It still exists, but it doesn't do the whole "x people on your team are using curse voice, join the session". It's pretty pointless now.

zkylon

zkylewd
It still exists, but it doesn't do the whole "x people on your team are using curse voice, join the session". It's pretty pointless now.
i see

personally i never used it but i always play with my friends so i wouldn't really notice it

i actually started out laughing when i read the whole "Notice how the Worldwide Trend of the game follows the South Korean pattern. They are the most volatile and appear to drive the success or failure of a game. " based on uhhh idk? in dropped in korea and then it dropped in the rest of the world so uhh this is a flawless law 100% true yeah

what a joke

Got Sion support, the guy started to not give me the kills , never bought sightstone and started to farm mid lane, not using his CC on the enemy jungle or for start TFs. giving the enemy team enough time to recover and defeat us.

We lost terribly, but I had fun trolling the team the whole time. Don't ban my Bard next time. In the end, our ADC was toxic. Spent whole pre-game lobby arguing with our jungler that she wants jungle and she can carry us with it. Then when game stats, Fiora gets first blood on our team. Jungler says "good job" and Fiora goes "I know." So one of those people. Then she dies to a gank. Then another gank. Then tells our Jungler if he doesn't go top within 2 minutes, she is quitting. Before 2 minutes was up, she died again then rage quit.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Leezard

I share Breezy's experience. There were very few times anyone joined curse voice, even when it said that they had curse voice. Something like every 1 in 5 games or 1 in 10 games, it was near useless.

zkylon

zkylewd
I share Breezy's experience. There were very few times anyone joined curse voice, even when it said that they had curse voice. Something like every 1 in 5 games or 1 in 10 games, it was near useless.
your difference might vary from an american's since voice comms in european servers are always kind of useless because of all the different languages spoken in the region

Leezard

your difference might vary from an american's since voice comms in european servers are always kind of useless because of all the different languages spoken in the region

Yeah that's a fair point. Typically noone has any issue writing in English in high elo though I dunno if that applies to speaking as well.

Yeah that's a fair point. Typically noone has any issue writing in English in high elo though I dunno if that applies to speaking as well.

Most European countries tend to have english as a secondary language, so typing it probably isn't uncommon(moreso than speaking it.)

I mean, foreign people playing on the NA server have to learn typing somewhere, even if it's a broken mess that's barely comprehensible.

zkylon

zkylewd
voice comms is overall a basic feature that like replays should just be in the game because it's 2016 and these things are just expected to be in there

the whole "priorities" excuse is understandable but it doesn't really hold water when you have like infinite money and this is just a functionality feature that can be solved with more hands if you're understaffed (which sounds crazy when rito has like a billion employees)

but yeah i don't think it'll make much of a difference

I'm no filthy Trump supporting American.
lol you're american-ish

ich nein deutsch
finales funkeln!

yeah there's a pretty big jump from writing to talking, people get nervous about speaking in another language, etc.

Top Bottom