• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Leezard

For fucks sake.

So I take 2 weeks or so off and decide I'm going to play 1 quick game. Get my little 24 hour credits and move the fuck on, right?

Why do I get stuck in 1 hour of pure, distilled fuckery?

like what the actual fuck was this. At least I got my second MF S out of it for the rank 6 that I'll never get because fuckin essence bullshit.
That gold graph. Those long games are exhausting.
can't wait to see some Taliyah in the LCS this week.
I wonder if we will actually see her. I haven't kept up with streams lately, have any high profile mid laners played Taliyah successfully?

I do expect her to be better in LCS than in solo queue due to the ult though.

Pobelter was playing her I think, but her win rate is pretty colossal right now, especially amongst experienced players (75+% win rate for players with more than 50 games on her) and from what I hear she's been popping up in scrims.

patchday

I just think its common sense that voice chat improves communication. Every other genre (and apparently in Dota as well)- voice is highly valued. I loved using voice with Destiny GAF and Rainbow six Gaf

voice is helpful in Dota as well. I doubt you'll make a strong case against that on dota gaf thread here

My point, which should be obvious, is that Riot prioritizes the path of least resistance to making money which is probably new skins & champs. Its just too sweet to resist when you release something like Project Skins and your store is literally overflooded with eager buyers

can't wait to see some Taliyah in the LCS this week.

That will be interesting to see. Riot highly prioritizes esports which is really cool. And I think they see a direct result in more influx of fans as a result. Very justifiable to the suits for the expenses

My point, which should be obvious, is that Riot prioritizes the path of least resistance to making money which is probably new skins & champs. Its just too sweet to resist when you release something like Project Skins and your store is literally overflooded with eager buyers
Your point is moot because Riot has a bunch of specialized teams, so them making skins has no impact whatsoever on the rest of the game.

What, do you expect game designers, modelers and concept artists to stop what they're doing and suddenly learn how to program a VOIP system?

Leezard

Proper voice chat would certainly be good. It would really help the level of competition in dyn queue, and probably help even out some of the premade advantages. I'm not expecting much, but if it would happen it would probably be after the new client, I guess.

jerd

I'm level 40 in overwatch and i've heard that voice chat used exactly 5 times

Not to say it wouldn't be helpful, it absolutely would be, I'm just guessing it would be wasted because most people don't want to use it.

This though

Is pretty typical "riot sucks" reddit tier nonsense though and just makes it seem like you don't play many games. Riot is honestly pretty good to us outside of their not so friendly f2p system and honestly works their ass off to please this shitty community.

Leezard

Ping system is good, sure, but it lacks a "Enemy ward here" ping. That's easily fixable but it's oh so needed. It takes way too long time to inform your team of the enemies ward coverage.

Quonny

Ping system is good, sure, but it lacks a "Enemy ward here" ping. That's easily fixable but it's oh so needed. It takes way too long time to inform your team of the enemies ward coverage.
They should change the "!" ping to a ward icon with the warning sound.

Everyone I know uses the back ping as the "!" ping.

People have been asking for that since the ping wheel was introduced, the warning ping serves no bloody purpose, we already have a ping button exclusively for that.

Quonny

Huh. I didn't know that imaqtpie doesn't make any money from his YouTube channel and instead uses it as a platform to promote his stream. He gives all the money from it to his editor.

faridmon

How do you build Bard?
Also any tips regarding his kit would be helpful. Seems like a tricky champ to use against aggressive and ranged champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if i'm prepared for my worlds to collide like this

I just think its common sense that voice chat improves communication. Every other genre (and apparently in Dota as well)- voice is highly valued. I loved using voice with Destiny GAF and Rainbow six Gaf

voice is helpful in Dota as well. I doubt you'll make a strong case against that on dota gaf thread here

your point makes no sense for anyone that has an even tiny understanding of game development

riot has plenty of teams, some dedicating to developing new features like the new client, some dedicated to making skins, some to esports, etc.

you can't grab a bunch of concept and 3d and vfx artists and have them program a voice comms system.

you're talking common sense, use some common sense ffs

also while it's totally fine to ask league to have voice comms, it's not the same as rainbow six or destiny or whatever. every game is different, specially in different genres, and destiny is a console game, it's just not the same as pc where ppl have access to tons of different voice comm programs and text chat

no one is disagreeing with you about that, but the way you frame it makes absolutely no fucking sense and makes you look dumb

I'm level 40 in overwatch and i've heard that voice chat used exactly 5 times
same

i don't want to talk with strangers, i don't like strangers

Pobelter was playing her I think, but her win rate is pretty colossal right now, especially amongst experienced players (75+% win rate for players with more than 50 games on her) and from what I hear she's been popping up in scrims.
interesting

i don't think we'll see her much tho, the op picks right now overshadow a lot of the midlane roster and i feel like there's no real reason to ever pick taliyah over someone more generally useful like azir or viktor or vlad/ryze/anivia

i like taliyah but i'm not exactly sure what she brings to the table no one else does

I suppose their thinking could be it would negate warding too much? Being able to ping where wards are in a second is a bit too specific.

OTOH, I think it's daft we don't have timers for spells in the tab menu.

zkylon

zkylewd
the "ward here" ping button would help so much more than voice comms it's silly

that's the kind of stuff that's really embarassing, when riot just abandons a universally loved system that was super positive for the game but is just missing a few key features to be perfect

how difficult can it be to implement it, pitch a couple icons, pitch a couple sounds, pick one, then a few minutes of swapping graphics with the red ping that no one uses and testing. that shouldn't be more than one patch

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
but i use the red ! ping all the time when my teammates are being stupid

i know there's an orange ! ping but i have no idea how to use it intentionally, it's always accidental

same with using /all, i know there's a shortcut and i fumble and it use accidentally sometimes but usually i just manually type /all

the "ward here" ping button would help so much more than voice comms it's silly...

But my point is that is that it could be helping too much. If you spend a load of wards securing an objective and someone can give an explicit read-out of where everything is in seconds it's too strong.

zkylon

zkylewd
but i use the red ! ping all the time when my teammates are being stupid

i know there's an orange ! ping but i have no idea how to use it intentionally, it's always accidental

same with using /all, i know there's a shortcut and i fumble and it use accidentally sometimes but usually i just manually type /all

v for warning ping
ctrl+enter for /all

But my point is that is that it could be helping too much. If you spend a load of wards securing an objective and someone can give an explicit read-out of where everything is in seconds it's too strong.
i think the counterplay to wards is tracking them so i don't see much of an issue

i already use normal pings and manually write ward, or just say it to ppl on skype, so i don't think how this changes much

Shmuppers

YU1Edwz.png

I tried so hard

and came so far

but in the end

I got an A

Leezard

I suppose their thinking could be it would negate warding too much? Being able to ping where wards are in a second is a bit too specific.

OTOH, I think it's daft we don't have timers for spells in the tab menu.

the "ward here" ping button would help so much more than voice comms it's silly

that's the kind of stuff that's really embarassing, when riot just abandons a universally loved system that was super positive for the game but is just missing a few key features to be perfect

how difficult can it be to implement it, pitch a couple icons, pitch a couple sounds, pick one, then a few minutes of swapping graphics with the red ping that no one uses and testing. that shouldn't be more than one patch

v for warning ping
ctrl+enter for /all

i think the counterplay to wards is tracking them so i don't see much of an issue

i already use normal pings and manually write ward, or just say it to ppl on skype, so i don't think how this changes much
Yeah I agree with zky. If you have voice comm it's already as easy as pinging + saying ward so I don't think a ward ping would make things too easy or anything. It's just counterplay by map awareness. Ward pings would be so helpful in allowing people with better map awareness to communicate with their team. It's just way too slow right now to ping + type in chat, and it can be misunderstood due to the delay between pings and chat.

Leezard

Ah, I meant w/o voice comms. It would be interesting to see how much the level of play would evolve with a ward ping.

Yeah, I also meant compared to without voice chat to begin with, but any premade or actual team is playing with voice chat so I think it makes sense to compare with that. Similar to voice chat, it would even the field between solo players and premades, and allow laners with better map awareness to have more of an impact.

Vayne_Splash_10.jpg

hope u have plenty of gemstones lol

I have 11 now actually.

But I don't play adc anymore/ never played Vayne even though I own her and people don't seem to pick tank tops often enuff for me to try her top (hear she's only good top if vs a tank. champs that like to fight and can jump on her don't seem to be her best match ups)

Sooo ... Imma save em for something else (too bad they only seem to make gem skins for champs with tons of skins, most champs I like don't have many)

Yay, back to d4 promos after a decent winstreak.

Also, Talentz is right, the game would benefit from voice comms.

Back when Curse Voice made voice comms ingame, the game felt so much better. Other than that one weird dude that Soda Cop befriended.

Screw Abyssal Scepter, go full man mode and YOLO it with Xerath! :p

What are gemstones?

Edit: Dafuq, you can get these in regular chests?

Edit: LOL, I have never gotten one. O well, hope they don't lock a xer/vel skin behind gems.

how do you have so many gemstones? I've played a lot of League and I have earned exactly 1.

am I doing something wrong?

Since I don't live in San Fran anymore I don't really eat out much or spend any money for "fun times" at all.

So once in a bit I spend theoretical Chipotle money on Boxes for fun. And sometimes I get a gem.

Would have 15 by now if I saved all of them (I don't play Annie so I use to be like "cool, free spin ..." until it hit me that MAYBE they might pull this shit with another skin/ champ in the future and maybe I might like that champ)

Recently got my 11th cause I spent 10 bucks on boxes. Got Ragdoll Poppy (always wanted a legacy Poppy skin), and enuff champ dust to get 2 6k IP champ shards upgraded (it's between Rango/ Aatrox/ Rek) so pretty worth.

Plus I try to always buy champs when I can and I don't think it's that hard getting S-/S in my wooden potato elo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The idea that randoms would use voice chat in League is hilarious. The ping system is good enough.
Whether people use it or not is not that relevant. Just the option existing makes a big difference. Voice comms can express a level of strategy that does not come across through pings, and that text chat does not really facilitate either. Coordinating pushes, warning people that major abilities are down, or even just expressing that you are sitting on a lot of gold in pocket can make a huge difference, and are things I'd like to be able to quickly express to others in games I'm taking seriously.

I did the coolest moment for myself. ;_____; I felt special for once. lol.

Whenever there was no towers near the nexus, while everyone was busy pushing two lanes full of minions further up, I TP'd in. One Olaf was trying to kill be, but I (Ekko) flashed away, then when he got near I used my E, then after that I ended up using my ult to get away which ended up having me taking their Nexus. I felt cool. xP

Talents

Banned
Red Winter : mid only
Talentz GAF: I can't top
Talentz GAF: i tried it on normals the other day and lost to a silver
Red Winter : i didnt ask
Talentz GAF: so?
Red Winter : 2 mid or be my bitch and go top
Red Winter : you choose
Talentz GAF: 2 mid
Talentz GAF: i'd pref
Red Winter : kk