• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah your friend definitely needs to get better at internet security :p

Please let me know what the real Riot Support says and let me know what his real ticket number is and I will see what I can do, if anything, to help.
i sent u the ticket number, but i guess we'll just wait through the proper channels

omfg

Well, now we know how he probably got hacked in the first place.
my friend is definitely an idiot, not he's not a cheater

lmao i feel so dumb

The awkward part is knowing what info he gave to the hacker to prove the account was his, because chances are that person also has that info and will attempt to prove the account belongs to them

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IN THESE SITUATIONS GO THROUGH RIOT SUPPORT'S ACTUAL WEBSITE AND DO NOT REPLY TO RANDOM EMAILS LIKELY PHISHING FOR YOUR INFO, AND ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE IF EMAILS ARE SPOOFED.

Newt

Hey its me, a rioter
Riot Lotion
The awkward part is knowing what info he gave to the hacker to prove the account was his, because chances are that person also has that info and will attempt to prove the account belongs to them

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IN THESE SITUATIONS GO THROUGH RIOT SUPPORT'S ACTUAL WEBSITE AND DO NOT REPLY TO RANDOM EMAILS LIKELY PHISHING FOR YOUR INFO, AND ALWAYS CHECK TO SEE IF EMAILS ARE SPOOFED.
Nah, don't tell me what do. When Riot NigerianPrince69 gives me that 5.5 fucking K RP that I was promised, don't come begging me for skins.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok so my friend had never logged out at rito's site so he's able to see his account and everything. he went to the support page and like costy said, this other person used the info they exchanged on emails to do an email change. there's a message the scammer sent to rito support saying that was like "i moved to uruguay and have a new baby" and stuff lol

scammer has been playing on my friend's account for a couple days now, from what i see on op.gg they've been playing a really shitty zyra and nami (lmao), and they're even playing a game right now lol

ok, my apologies to rito support, i 100% knew my friend wasn't a cheater, but i can confirm he's a dumbo

omfg even if he doesn't get his account back this is too funny

edit: srs talk tho, after this i changed my password and wanted to turn on 2fa only to realize there's no 2fa for league yet? hope they add this in the near future, while my friend is really dumb it would be nice to have some more account security so this kind of stuff doesn't happen

tumblr_nfckrlJJbh1smdmwgo1_400.gif

The fuck is going on here.

Edit: I'm mostly talking about the chain, not just your GIF.

drawkcaB

The more I screw around in the PBE the more I think there's no point in starting raptors over red buff on a red side start. They're going to beat you up for the same amount of damage anyways, may as well get a buff out the deal.

...how the hell has Taliyah been a 50%+ jungler for three straight patches now?

ok so my friend had never logged out at rito's site so he's able to see his account and everything. he went to the support page and like costy said, this other person used the info they exchanged on emails to do an email change. there's a message the scammer sent to rito support saying that was like "i moved to uruguay and have a new baby" and stuff lol

scammer has been playing on my friend's account for a couple days now, from what i see on op.gg they've been playing a really shitty zyra and nami (lmao), and they're even playing a game right now lol

ok, my apologies to rito support, i 100% knew my friend wasn't a cheater, but i can confirm he's a dumbo

edit: srs talk tho, after this i changed my password and wanted to turn on 2fa only to realize there's no 2fa for league yet? hope they add this in the near future, while my friend is really dumb it would be nice to have some more account security so this kind of stuff doesn't happen

There is 2fa, I have it set up on my account. I think it might be an NA only thing though?

he didnt even check to see if his account was still playing?

LOL

oh my god the email they used was "riotgames.officialstaff@gmail.com"

I kind of want this as a GAF tag now this is too fucking funny LOL

I really hope your friend gets his account back and all but man I am laughing so much at that

Calvero

Banned
throwing my ass in here to get hype about nx reveal tomorrow woooooo

I really hope your friend gets his account back and all but man I am laughing so much at that

dead2.gif

New client, new possibilities.

I think sometime on the future we will get 2FA, at least for email/password changes.

I have that email whitelisted

You telling me you don't and you work for Riot? costy plz

drawkcaB

Jesus Christ.

Zky, don't ever let your friend live this down. Save him from himself.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait, the account isn't even banned?

Lol...
that's the strange part, he got an email saying he was banned from an actual riot email (i think, it was something like noreply@riotgames.com or something like that), and i think he was banned for reals cos the scammer raised a support ticket to get himself unbanned

idk what all of that was about, why he was banned in the first place

There is 2fa, I have it set up on my account. I think it might be an NA only thing though?
really? got a link or anything?

would like to set it up for my acc

he didnt even check to see if his account was still playing?

LOL
I'm surprised that Zky didn't check to see if he was on, seeing as zky said they always played together >_>;
the scammer changed the username. i checked for his normal name on op.gg but it said "no account found"

haha i didn't want to post it here to have some mercy on my friend but yeah, the second i saw that i was like DUDE YOU DONE GOOFED lol

if he just started with sending me the email chain lol

Honestly, it's good that your friend had his dumbass moment here.

Imagine if it was like officialpaypal@gmail.com or some shit lol.
funny enough if they were trying to steal money from him or anything they picked the worst possible guy, i think he never ever spent any money on league and only owns like 2 skins i gifted him lol

Jesus Christ.

Zky, don't ever let your friend live this down. Save him from himself.
haha yeah, we're gonna have some fun at his expense for a few weeks at least

he was likely banned because we detected his account was breached, which is normal, and why they likely unbanned it once he gave the required info to prove it was his.

except it wasn't his, your friend was just silly!

zkylon

zkylewd

i miss u...

he was likely banned because we detected his account was breached, which is normal, and why they likely unbanned it once he gave the required info to prove it was his.

except it wasn't his, your friend was just silly!
lol

btw this person is still playing on the account, with like 15 losses out of their last 20 lol

they don't even seem to be like intentionally feeding or anything, they're just really bad at the game

i guess this is someone that got banned for reals on their main account and was looking to steal someone's account?

i wonder why they chose my friend's since it's got such a bad rank lol

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i wonder

my friend went to a cibercafe once to play league, maybe someone sit after him, opened league, and just figured they'd troll the person that last logged in?

i have no idea

yeah i wonder

my friend went to a cibercafe once to play league, maybe someone sit after him, opened league, and just figured they'd troll the person that last logged in?

i have no idea

also potential that the cafe had a keylogger on it or something. Always hard to trust those places.

drawkcaB

I'll withhold judgement of the jungle rebalancing until this whole thing is out of PBE. There's no way it can stay as is. Quite a bit of weird shit.

Some general thoughts:

1.) Krug-Red Buff-Wolves-Blue Buff will net you level 4 and typically takes about 20s than the Live 6 camp level 4 clear. Following up on that, Krug-Raptors-Wolves-Gromp will get to 6 with a similar time savings.
2.) 2-buff level 3 clears are safer and the speed at which junglers can hit level 3 is faster than on Live by about 15s. I'm not sure this is something Riot wants.
3.) It'll be interesting to see how leashes get incorporated. Does bot help take the big Krug low and let the jungler clean-up? Does red get leashed by bot and mid lane for 3-camp clears? Interesting stuff.
4.) Raptors can potentially fuck you up. Single target, AA, AoE champ? Doesn't matter. Stay the hell away at until level 3, minimum. The only champions that can deal with them early on are AoE rockstars like Skarner.
5.) Plants are cool. Once they hit Live people will calm their shit. Riot really picked a bad video to show how the blast cone works. 95% of the time it's used it'll be to hop over your own terrain.
6.) Haven't found any junglers yet that perform significantly better or worse when doing clears than now, except one: Ivern. He's way better at clearing camps than on Live. Sejuani is iffy, but to be honest I haven't played her on Live in a while, I don't know if it's actually all that worse. Rule of thumb, however your jungler of choice clears initially on Live, they'll do just about the same in S7. Same goes for way off-meta junglers like Tahm Kench and Sion.
7.) I'm a touch worried about mana regen in the jungle. Riot did an ok job at accounting for the lost of effective health when Krug, Gromp, and Red buff smites were removed, but you can really feel the loss of no longer having a on-smite mana from blue buff on mana heavy junglers like Gragas and Graves.

zkylon

zkylewd
well after that insanity, i'll go back to talking about league a bit

i don't mind making more fun of my friend cos he def deserves it, but i wanna talk leblanc impressions

tried her a bit on pbe against bots, and while 200 ping is a bad environment to try out leblanc, i think i got a decent enough idea from playing her a bit and comparing her new numbers to live

i like her changes, mostly, but some grievances

• the mana cost reductions as well as the hp/lvl buff are gonna do a lot for her, i like those changes a lot
  • her new passive makes her burst dmg even higher than before, specially since you can now do something like w q instead of q w and do a ton of aoe dmg
  • i found proccing passive q on minions for the aoe to be kind of wonky, specially since i have to like unlearn some last hitting mechanics that i've been using forever with her. like you don't want to e the lane like ever now cos the e consumes the q mark and kind of oneshots minions pretty hard. so to waveclear u have to do like w q instead of q w which was really hard to wrap my head around after a billion leblanc games of doing the exact opposite
  • the passive cook timer also kind of messes with your old habits of doing spell rotations in quick succession. now if i w and double q i basically wasted my ult. that's kind of annoying cos it goes against the motor reflexes i've had with lb, and i also think it makes her kind of hard to play cos like, it forces me to stay in q range of someone for 1.5s and that's kind of enough time for an adc to murder me. i get the point of this mechanic but i sort of wish you could just proc the passive off early for reduced dmg or something. i'm worried this will kill her viability since 1.5s is a fairly long time to kill someone, and i also worry that since casting spells before the passive is cooked means you're kind of completely fucked since so much of her damage is on that passive
  • her w felt ok i think, i didn't notice the w being faster but i haven't played live lebonk in a while and i didn't particularly feel the live w speed was too bad. the w pop back block time did feel bad but i'm not sure if that was the ping
  • the e changes feel ok, the mana cost reduction in particular is really nice and i think losing some dmg for that is fair
  • the ult is weird. much like the passive stuff, i think changing the paradigm to work like a karma ult makes it really awkward to use as a long time leblanc player, i feel really clunky using it since it's so different. having all different abilities always available is very nice tho and makes you really unpredictable, and i just like seeing double leblancs everywhere. the clone part feels like it could be vfx as far as i'm concerned since it lasts like 1s, i really don't see the point of even having it, except because of the angle you may get ur clone's e blocked by minions which is really sucky
  • the ghost thing also feels fairly clunky and hard to imagine myself using a lot since it just goes poof as soon as it's near anyone. it also has such a high cooldown that i feel like riot just threw it in not expecting much, just to see what people do with it. it also feels really bad that you cannot use it when ur regular ult is on cooldown. overall i think the ghost is pretty bad, i dig the idea but it's so situational and it's such a long cooldown that i think i'll mostly forget it's even there
  • i really like all the new vfx altho i wish they had redone the "mid-air" chain effects since that looks really bad. i also wish they redid her model overall, but i guess she deserves a fiora-esque visual update sometime down the line
overall i think she's gonna be stronger than live (not very difficult lol) but very frustrating for long time leblanc players since there's so many of the basic handling of the character that's been changed. she also didn't get many new tricks unlike kat or talon, which is sort of disappointing, but to be fair she was the only champion i think was pretty well designed out of the bunch so i don't think she needed new toys as much as kat or rengar or talon, who were all really crappy champions

zkylon

zkylewd
the devblog on gnar/reksai is really cool, i love that kind of stuff

i'm curious why they devtested them on old summoner's rift

Hey guys, this might sound like a dumb question, but is there a time when you can collect too many kills on your not-really-the-carry-champ?

313FZpC.png

I hope I don't sound too stupid, but I'm looking at this score screen from one of my friends who lost a game with that Cho stat line. I look at his ADC and he was only able to grab 3 kills while acquiring 18 assists. Am I wrong to think that if his ADC could have collected half of Cho's kills, he would have been in a far stronger position to carry?

While Cho with 21 kills is cool, maybe helping the ADC collect more so he can also get ahead some is more valuable? It's hard, after all, for Cho to do as much with 21 kills as an ADC can. Unless the ADC is like Sivir or something who tends to just collect a lot of assists by design.

I guess I ask partially because I look back at some games I've lost and I sometimes wonder if the kill gold I collected on my offlaner/support/tank may have been better on my mid or ADC. And I wonder if getting credit for the kills holds back teammates that could have helped carry better than I could have with that kill gold.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, this might sound like a dumb question, but is there a time when you can collect too many kills on your not-really-the-carry-champ?

I hope I don't sound too stupid, but I'm looking at this score screen from one of my friends who lost a game with that Cho stat line. I look at his ADC and he was only able to grab 3 kills while acquiring 18 assists. Am I wrong to think that if his ADC could have collected half of Cho's kills, he would have been in a far stronger position to carry?

While Cho with 21 kills is cool, maybe helping the ADC collect more so he can also get ahead some is more valuable? It's hard, after all, for Cho do do as much with 21 kills as an ADC can. Unless the ADC is like Sivir or something.

I guess I ask partially because I look back at some games I've lost and I sometimes wonder if the kill gold I collected on my offlaner/support/tank may have been better on my mid or ADC. And I wonder if getting credit for the kills holds back teammates that could have helped carry better than I could have with that kill gold.
Sometimes, yeah. In solo queue though, teammate quality is going to vary wildly. If I feel like I can carry the game, I'll probably KS when I can.

Top Bottom