• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm gonna guess the account was sold to someone, probably a support main (hence all the zyra and nami) that's pretty below the rank since they've fallen from g3 to g4 already lol

drawkcaB

I hope I don't sound too stupid, but I'm looking at this score screen from one of my friends who lost a game with that Cho stat line. I look at his ADC and he was only able to grab 3 kills while acquiring 18 assists. Am I wrong to think that if his ADC could have collected half of Cho's kills, he would have been in a far stronger position to carry?

While Cho with 21 kills is cool, maybe helping the ADC collect more so he can also get ahead some is more valuable? It's hard, after all, for Cho to do as much with 21 kills as an ADC can. Unless the ADC is like Sivir or something who tends to just collect a lot of assists by design.

In this particular game I don't think it matters. Guiding kills and farm towards the ADC as the game goes on in is generally a good idea in order to deal with their front line champions and take objectives. The opposing team isn't particularly tanky outside of Sejuani.

There's almost a 3:2 ratio in kills between the two teams, and yet your friend's team lost. This is a huge red flag that they didn't play objectives properly (stats bare this out). In particular, your friend didn't push one of the big advantages of Cho as a jungler which is epic monster control.

Would it have been better by end game for Jhin to be stronger. Yeah probably. But why did it have to get to that point at all? I can almost imagine how this game panned out...

Leezard

Sort of. One character has an ultimate that renders them invisible underneath a cloud and thus can't be hit by auto attacks. They can be hit by aoe spells, like akali under her bubble thing. It lasts him about 4 seconds in dota I think? But he doesn't get any special abilities to go with it; he's just unable to be autoattacked. You always know where he is because he's under a cloud that is always above him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khLWZhuOLAw

So now that I think about it, no there isn't anyone who is completely undetectable by the true sight.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Invisibility

For the record, there are 23 different items and abilities that grant true sight and 29 items and abilities that give invisibility.

Point is, there are many, MANY ways to counter-play invisibility, from built-in abilities to purchasable items. I will take a wait-and-see approach to having 0 counter-play options for these champs. Drawing inspiration from the most casual of the moba games on the market (HoTS) does not instill me with any confidence. But as long as they don't get any power spikes by coming out of invisibility, I'm sure they can balance it to some degree. I just don't like the idea of "surprise! 3 in your lane now" mechanics without any way to give yourself a good opportunity to you know...NOT get ganked by them.
All right, thanks for the lengthy response.

The champs with semi-long undetectable invisibilities will be Shaco and Talon at a couple of seconds. I'm not counting Akali since we know where she is thanks to her cloud. Teemo is a thing too, but he's kinda stationary.

They will all gain quite a bit of power from this, Vayne is going to get annoying.

All right, thanks for the lengthy response.

The champs with semi-long undetectable invisibilities will be Shaco and Talon at a couple of seconds. I'm not counting Akali since we know where she is thanks to her cloud. Teemo is a thing too, but he's kinda stationary.

They will all gain quite a bit of power from this, Vayne is going to get annoying.

Vaynes probably going to be the worst one out of all the 'stealth' champions only because of the spamminess of it

Leezard

Yup, gonna be quite a bit annoying. She's not in a terrible spot right now and the death of armor pen builds on adcs should make her have a slightly easier time.

Incoming jungle changes
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.c...-jungle-notes-notes-on-updated-jungle-for-622
Camp respawn times increased to 150 from 100
That's a lot.

Jungle Difficulty Scaling

Slower Junglers were severly punished by the linear increase in Jungle difficulty. What would happen is that faster clearing junglers would clear their camps more quickly - causing faster respawns. Because the respawns came earlier - the new jungle monsters would also spawn at reduced difficulty. As Jungle Monsters don't scale their rewards - this simply led to faster junglers getting more clears and easier clears.
Jungle Camp Difficulty has been retuned to fit 'brackets' of levels rather than linearly scaling - roughly corresponding to clears. The difficulty of jungle respawns will ramp up to the next tier when the average level of all champions in the game falls under that bracket and the Monster respawns.
Level 1-3: First Clear
Monsters have 100% of their baseline statistics
Levels 4-6: "Second Clear"
Monsters gain 10% health, 50% more resistances and 40% extra damage
Levels 7-9: "End of Lane"
Monsters gain 25% health, 75% more resistances and 55% extra damage
Levels 9+: Returns to linear scaling as by this level - the Jungle is mostly a shared / contested resource across the map.
Monsters gain 40 to 75% extra health and 185 to 370% extra damage.
Note: With negative armor and magic resistance - this means that Blue and Red's weaknesses to the corresponding damage type actually increases as the game goes on.

So yeah, I was right about new Leblanc's E being busted. That one spell can proc her passive and thunderlords for over 1500 damage (and the ult version is even stronger).

So theoretically, if fed you could jump in with W, E one target, mimic E another, press Zhonyas and wait for them both to die lol. I can't wait to try this shit.

mkLUfWt.png

Maybe I should switch from support to ADC.

In this particular game I don't think it matters. Guiding kills and farm towards the ADC as the game goes on in is generally a good idea in order to deal with their front line champions and take objectives. The opposing team isn't particularly tanky outside of Sejuani.

There's almost a 3:2 ratio in kills between the two teams, and yet your friend's team lost. This is a huge red flag that they didn't play objectives properly (stats bare this out). In particular, your friend didn't push one of the big advantages of Cho as a jungler which is epic monster control.

Would it have been better by end game for Jhin to be stronger. Yeah probably. But why did it have to get to that point at all? I can almost imagine how this game panned out...
Word. Yea I would have liked to have spectated that game to have a better understanding. Very little about the score screen makes sense. You'd think maybe Talon was repeatedly sneaking behind the backline and killing the ADC, but Talon only had 5 of the 33 kills. But maybe he did enough to force the front liners to turn and help? With a Cho + Mundo on the front line, surely Sej couldn't ult all of them, right? Clearly this Jhin was no match at any point for this Draven (3 slotted vs 5 slotted) but...idunno. I'll have to ask him.

edit: the match in question

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2322463894/24311935?tab=overview

very curious.

edit: certainly feeding Draven 6 kills and a tower in under 13 minutes is a problem.

zkylon

zkylewd
my friend just got an email from the scammer with something like "hahaha u go scammed u loser" lol

i'm guessing real rito support did something about it lol

So yeah, I was right about new Leblanc's E being busted. That one spell can proc her passive and thunderlords for over 1500 damage (and the ult version is even stronger).

So theoretically, if fed you could jump in with W, E one target, mimic E another, press Zhonyas and wait for them both to die lol. I can't wait to try this shit.
it's really delayed and if u zhonyas they just walk out, i can tell u never played leblanc cos u don't know how u need to walk with em if u want double e to proc :p

before if fed u could w double q and oneshot people, so it's not like anything's changed

also e has like 14s cd, and it's the spell u'll max last

Been doing a really bad job of trying to get back into playing but new Kat hype is real.
get back into it, corgi's back, panda is still hiding somewhere, i'm pretty sure kayos still plays, we need the old gang back together

Leezard

PBE stuff
Mastery Changes

[Seems to be a lot of mastery related strings and changes, looking into it! Dumping a few random strings for now.]

[NEW] Battle Trance (Ferocity, Tier 4)
"Gain up to 5% increased damage over 5 seconds when in combat with enemy Champions"

[NEW] Greenfather's Gift (Cunning, Tier 4)
"Stepping into brush causes your next damaging attack or ability to deal 3% of your target's current health as bonus magic damage (9s Cooldown)"

Precision (Cunning, Tier 5)

Now grants 1.7 Lethality per point
No longer grants 3 + 0.3 Armor Penetration.

[NEW] Siegemaster (Resolve, Tier 2)
"Gain 8 Armor and Magic Resistance when near an allied tower"

[NEW] Fearless (Resolve, Tier 4)
"Gain 10% +2 per level bonus Armor and Magic Resist when damaged by an enemy champion for 2 seconds (9s Cooldown)"

[NEW] Courage of the Colossus (Resolve, Tier 6)
"Gain a shield for 10+ 10 per level + 7% of your maximum health for each nearby enemy champion for 4 seconds after hitting an enemy champion with hard CC (30 second cooldown)"
Replaces COURAGE OF THE COLOSSUS.

[few switches, working.]
"Double Edged Sword"
TO
"Fresh Blood"

"Oppressor"
TO
"Double Edged Sword"

Greenfather's gift is looking like it will be the mastery of choice for many ranged supports. Passive ones probably want the gold generation still.

PBE stuff

Greenfather's gift is looking like it will be the mastery of choice for many ranged supports. Passive ones probably want the gold generation still.

Green Fathers gift seems like it will be the go to for top laners

I wonder if Swains Torment will amplify the damage? It'll go with the cooldown, so it'll be hilarious to do alot of % health damage.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Riot. What the fuck. I'm Gold I. Why the fuck am I playing with people who are filthily boosted with like 8 losses in a row. Why? I just want Plat.

kayos90

Jungle Teemo? Really? What the fuck. I had to lose LP cuz of that dodge. Honestly I wish Riot would just disable Teemo in ranked. It just fuck shit up more times than not it feels like and I would rather not lose LP cuz of trolls.

Nev

Banned
As expected from Riot, they kill the meme by acknowledging it to the point of renaming an event.

Too bad they couldn't acknowledge at all the much bigger Taric x Ezreal meme because they're only progressive and cool when they create "strong, independent women" who are also half-naked top models.

On the other hand the new Final Fantasy and Worldbreaker skins are pretty cool. Finally some skins that aren't "lol funny hats and costumez!" or weaboo fanservice.

As expected from Riot, they kill the meme by acknowledging it to the point of renaming an event.

Too bad they couldn't acknowledge at all the much bigger Taric x Ezreal meme because they're only progressive and cool when they create "strong, independent women" who are also half-naked top models.

Oh shit

I'd be ok with Riot makign Ez/Taric a gay couple. Do it Riot. Money where your mouth is!

Kenai

On the other hand the new Final Fantasy and Worldbreaker skins are pretty cool. Finally some skins that aren't "lol funny hats and costumez!" or weaboo fanservice.

I actually like the new Taric. He very well could be bi-gay but lacks the very stereotypical effeminate qualities common in that portrayal while still having a personality. The half that needs a bit more personality (baseline) is Ezreal, then the chemistry might actually be there.

I was seriously hoping Ez and Taric would be a couple of the star guardian skins even though I knew better

kayos90

Down to Gold II. Pretty sad. A series of just unfortunate games full of boosted trolls. The game before this I played like dogshit though.

I actually like the new Taric. He very well could be bi-gay but lacks the very stereotypical effeminate qualities common in that portrayal while still having a personality. The half that needs a bit more personality (baseline) is Ezreal, then the chemistry might actually be there.

I was seriously hoping Ez and Taric would be a couple of the star guardian skins even though I knew better

Taric could have been Tuxedo mask.

Nekofrog

Banned
Down to Gold II. Pretty sad. A series of just unfortunate games full of boosted trolls. The game before this I played like dogshit though.

If you're around later tonight (8pm pst to 2am pst is my play time range) I'll be playing with a gold friend to get him to plat

Top Bottom