• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

JulianImp

Star Guardians splash is good... I wish the music could actually keep playing after leaving the log-in screen. Still, I think the magical girl skin set coul've used a log-in theme sung in Japanese rather than English.

Star Guardians splash is good... I wish the music could actually keep playing after leaving the log-in screen. Still, I think the magical girl skin set coul've used a log-in theme sung in Japanese rather than English.

You can heard the music ingame at the start of the match if you choose a SG skin sadly only the owner can heard it.

zkylon

zkylewd
just had to support adc teemo

we crushed lane cos their thresh was really bad

then teemo got rolled over by their own, stronger top teemo

not playing normals ever again

Try lulu + kogmaw, and something like karma and zyra in other lanes.

Lulu + kogmaw + karma can just facetank Teemo and kill him really quickly, even at level 50.

our strategy was like 4 waveclear and 1 adc, it's just that i'm not playing with very competent people lol

i had good success with velkoz and ziggs, so we were velkoz, ziggs, zyra, whatever the rando chooses to play and caitlyn

worked pretty ok until zyra afk'd

u know how a team randomly throws a 10k gold lead by having all 3 dps champs get caught 1 at a time

tbat happened for us. won a game with a 5k gold deficit.

Leezard

our strategy was like 4 waveclear and 1 adc, it's just that i'm not playing with very competent people lol

i had good success with velkoz and ziggs, so we were velkoz, ziggs, zyra, whatever the rando chooses to play and caitlyn

worked pretty ok until zyra afk'd

That seems legit, tons of waveclear and an adc is strong.

Kog/juggermaw strats can be really strong, at low doom bot levels we pulled off 2v5 pentakill two times in a row without backing. Level 50 was harder since we have bad waveclear in lane until Runaan, but once kog got 2-3 items it became easy.

I think we gotta try it at level 80 or something and see if it still works. Maybe Lulu will be forced to go to a lane with another good waveclearer so the Lulu + Kog lane won't be so weak early.

edit: I think it mainly works because bots are bad at focusing down a single target.

I just found out the Jayce skin is only a 750 skin.

I'm sad now. Just a change of outfit. It's good that he has a skin at that price point I guess, but man...his options feel so dry right now.

edit: you guys are making me feel like I won the Teemoing Shop jackpot with the 3 legacy skins and 3 others that aren't bad at all.

Newt

Carrying these Plat shitters is tough work. Zac tried to trash talk me, but he quickly shut up after he got baron stolen by cull.

c7b37403941fb129b550dff2ec52766c.jpg

lolrekt

though I will say, that is definitely the page of a man searching for something that will work. 7 jungle games with 6 different junglers. ADC with 3 different carrys. Even a couple, "maybe I just can't carry games anymore" support picks. Feelsbadman.

Newt

Btw, inhouse tomorrow.

Approximate time.

t1477090800z3.png

Add Lord Newt if you're not part of the club.

Maybe get some doom bots in too.

Ehh...
wa1PdYK.png

Already have best Janna skin (Forecast)
TPA Shen is awesome and I'd buy it again on this account, but the discount is low.
Already have best Zyra (Harrowing)
Lotus Karma is the best, prolly gonna buy.
Already have best Maokai (Meowkai)
I don't play enough Irelia to buy Frostbutt

garath

Man. Been watching wings play a little pbe with the assassin changes. Looks crazy. This is going to be another big change preseason again isnt it? I'm going to be so lost. I can't really keep up with everything lately.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder how many people buy skins that are only 20% or 40% off

considering there are 8 (or 6? can't remember) skins on 50% sale every week, hard to imagine many ppl jumping on a 20%

also was browsing the store yesterday and it kind of surprised me how unorganized and in need of an overhaul it is

would be awesome if u could like filter skins by price range (say, checkboxes for all the 975 1350 etc. categories), by skin line (star guardian, pool party, etc.), if u could wishlist stuff, video previews and 3d viewer for skins, etc.

i bet that with the new client there won't be long until they revamp the store, it already looks pretty good so it just needs a few extra features imo

That seems legit, tons of waveclear and an adc is strong.

Kog/juggermaw strats can be really strong, at low doom bot levels we pulled off 2v5 pentakill two times in a row without backing. Level 50 was harder since we have bad waveclear in lane until Runaan, but once kog got 2-3 items it became easy.

I think we gotta try it at level 80 or something and see if it still works. Maybe Lulu will be forced to go to a lane with another good waveclearer so the Lulu + Kog lane won't be so weak early.

edit: I think it mainly works because bots are bad at focusing down a single target.

will try kog, we have a kog player in our group

Carrying these Plat shitters is tough work. Zac tried to trash talk me, but he quickly shut up after he got baron stolen by cull.

is corko good

y2mK7Qc.png

seems like theyre giving out skin sales for all the champs you've been playing recently now

Too much good shit

it was always like that lol

JulianImp

Think I got lots of good discounts on my LAS account, including Lotus Karma which I'll probably buy since it's my favorite Karma skin.

My JP account got crap, including a Garen skin for 40% off and a freaking Ashe skin going for just 20% less than normal. Also, I guess they retired the free RP at early levels when they introduced crates, so I'm probably out of luck when it comes to getting anything in JP (not that I'll be using it once I leave for Argentina though, since I'll probably have awful ping).

I think Lulu will eventually end up as the champion I'll have spent the most RP on for skins. It's only been winter wonder and pool party so far, but I'm very tempted to get star guardian later. She's fun to play as well, but the one downside with her is that she's a meh champion for playing solo support due to how much she relies on her teammates getting stuff done, which rarely happens with randoms. At least with Nami I can lead the way with a bubble or ult, whereas teammates tend to not even notice what I'm setting them up to do when I try to help them as Lulu.

You can heard the music ingame at the start of the match if you choose a SG skin sadly only the owner can heard it.

Oh, cool! Still, I meant listening to the splash song after the client is done logging in and before finding a match, since you only get to listen to the first few seconds of it if you login as soon as possible.

Tell him to stop being an idiot and to stick to a couple of champs per role.

You know what? I think this is a thing. Like, I don't think people realize that they usually have a stable group of champs that they are capable of producing very steady results with...and they have a bunch of other champs that they are wildly inconsistent with. Maybe they believe they play them pretty well, but have not looked at their analytical data to actually KNOW what they tend to be successful on.

I find that usually if people play what they tend to be successful on (3+ kda, 50%+ win rate, mastery 4+), they tend to win more than they lose. I also find that you can usually predict wins/losses based on how many players are playing champs they are good with vs those who are playing something they have a 20% win rate on.

I stay regularly surprised that people don't seem to be aware of what they're actually good on and fail to just keep picking from that pool of what is probably 2-3 champs per role. But I imagine some people would get bored with spamming a small group of champs, so i suppose I can understand.

Talents

Banned
You know what? I think this is a thing. Like, I don't think people realize that they usually have a stable group of champs that they are capable of producing very steady results with...and they have a bunch of other champs that they are wildly inconsistent with. Maybe they believe they play them pretty well, but have not looked at their analytical data to actually KNOW what they tend to be successful on.

I find that usually if people play what they tend to be successful on (3+ kda, 50%+ win rate, mastery 4+), they tend to win more than they lose. I also find that you can usually predict wins/losses based on how many players are playing champs they are good with vs those who are playing something they have a 20% win rate on.

I stay regularly surprised that people don't seem to be aware of what they're actually good on and fail to just keep picking from that pool of what is probably 2-3 champs per role. But I imagine some people would get bored with spamming a small group of champs, so i suppose I can understand.

It's pretty dumb because lots of people in low elo just go onto google and are like "counters to X" and then they look at garbage sites like this http://championselect.net/ and just pick whatever champ the website says counters the other champ. So they pick a champ that they've never played before expecting to win then they get stomped.

Yeah that site is retarded, just clicked the Jinx page and it says Jinx is one of Cait's strongest counters. Like wot? Cait should stomp Jinx in lane.

PSqueak

Banned
At least with Nami I can lead the way with a bubble or ult, whereas teammates tend to not even notice what I'm setting them up to do when I try to help them as Lulu.

Nothing is more infuriating as a lulu than a team mate who dies because they ran away from you as you rushed to shield and/or ult them.

Newt

I'm pretty comfortable with basically every ADC in the game other than like Kog'Maw.

It's pretty dumb because lots of people in low elo just go onto google and are like "counters to X" and then they look at garbage sites like this http://championselect.net/ and just pick whatever champ the website says counters the other champ. So they pick a champ that they've never played before expecting to win then they get stomped.

Yeah that site is retarded, just clicked the Jinx page and it says Jinx is one of Cait's strongest counters. Like wot? Cait should stomp Jinx in lane.
Cait/Jinx is a pretty volatile matchup. It's pretty heavily determined by who can push level 1.

Top Bottom