• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Calvero

Banned
Fw5IQnP.jpg
there was no hard to throw this time
why 3 adcs
why no tanks
why no sightstone
why no mr
why no aoe cc
why 3 adcs into nunu

i had sightstone, sold it after hard threw cause. we lost.
this deserves to be on new page

did u read what they do?

they're nothing like doto runes -__-

Thats why I said theyre kinda like them, in the sense that theyre kinda random and have different effects. Except instead of spawning in the river every couple minutes they spawn in the jungle every couple of minutes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thats why I said theyre kinda like them, in the sense that theyre kinda random and have different effects. Except instead of spawning in the river every couple minutes they spawn in the jungle every couple of minutes.
they're nothing like runes cos their effects are nothing like runes' effects. buffs are like runes, they spawn at set intervals in set locations and if u acquire em u get stronger. there's no rng element to them but that's about where the difference between the two ends

instead, plants are special interactions that don't have a lasting effect. it's a big difference cos them being a fleeting one-off thing means no one is ever gonna fight over a plant, and while the jumpy plant might lead to a stolen dragon every now and then, it depends on so many random/situational things aligning that i just don't see it happening nearly enough to warrant their addition to the game

i really don't understand what they're supposed to add to the game, i really wish they had come up with some plant ideas that actually sounded exciting, specially since they're also removing smite buffs which i always thought were mostly a cool part of the game (i know they're not strictly related, but they're two changes at once)

Register

Banned
How does the whole chest/key dropping work? Because I have 3 keys but 0 chests and I even got Pantheon to level 7, so there isn't a lack of S.

subtles

Do you guys think mid or top makes for a smoother climb over the course of a season? The top lane meta seems so volatile from what I've seen.

Calvero

Banned
Do you guys think mid or top makes for a smoother climb over the course of a season? The top lane meta seems so volatile from what I've seen.

mid definitely. since roaming mid are meta, just choose something that pushes fast and fuck shit up in side lanes

zkylon

zkylewd
man you never go as much of a "i made a big mistake" when u pick syndra into leblanc and then ur jungler is like i'll just go amumu

-_____-

Played another game of League today

was instantly reminded why I stopped playing league

*Everyone in lobby tells Morg support to take exhaust, offering advice that ignite isn't strong against Jinx/Lulu combo*
"I take ignite because all the pros take ignite"

Yeah honey, we're in plat 3, you're not a pro...they immediately give first blood, then start feeding. "Well I'm inting(Intentionally feeding, kiddies think they're cute with their acronym crap) because you make me feel bad"
"We told you to take exhaust. We tried telling you ignite isn't strong against jinx/lulu"

Do you play on LAN or NA?

NA

What, did all the players who don't talk go to LAN?

Sometimes I feel that completely removing all chat(It's completely useless in a game like this unless it's like, ARAM) and probably turning off chat for people who lose alot would be better than not.

zkylon

zkylewd
NA

Sometimes I feel that completely removing all chat(It's completely useless in a game like this unless it's like, ARAM) and probably turning off chat for people who lose alot would be better than not.

i'm someone that strongly feels that /all chat shouldn't exist

never has anything positive come from it

Newt

Played another game of League today

was instantly reminded why I stopped playing league

*Everyone in lobby tells Morg support to take exhaust, offering advice that ignite isn't strong against Jinx/Lulu combo*
"I take ignite because all the pros take ignite"

Yeah honey, we're in plat 3, you're not a pro...they immediately give first blood, then start feeding. "Well I'm inting(Intentionally feeding, kiddies think they're cute with their acronym crap) because you make me feel bad"
"We told you to take exhaust. We tried telling you ignite isn't strong against jinx/lulu"
Ignite is fine vs Jinx/Lulu...

She probably just played the lane like shit.

i'm someone that strongly feels that /all chat shouldn't exist

never has anything positive come from it

Yeah. I don't care about the aspect of an enemy team insulting your team, but because its there, there will be players who feel they need to go to all chat to 'lay out' their case.

Turning off chat for people who either feed alot, use certain keywords, or lose alot, IMO should be something that's implemented. Because those type of people tend to just want attention, and when somebody says anything to them, they get egotistical about it or get full of themselves and start a pissing contest.

I get communication, but I'm sure there's statistics that show that a majority of ranked games don't use chat to communicate strats or key things. I'm sure that the majority of chat is filled by people who complain, troll, flame, or whatever.

Ignite is fine vs Jinx/Lulu...

She probably just played the lane like shit.

It was Ashe/morg vs. Lulu/Jinx. Not only that but their team had a Zed as well. So exhaust is just a stronger spell against not only Zed, but strong against Lulu/Jinx all ins, because ignite is going to get blocked off by Lulus shield. It's pretty shitty against that type of lane.

Newt

It was Ashe/morg vs. Lulu/Jinx. Not only that but their team had a Zed as well. So exhaust is just a stronger spell against not only Zed, but strong against Lulu/Jinx all ins, because ignite is going to get blocked off by Lulus shield. It's pretty shitty against that type of lane.
Nah, ignite is perfectly fine in the lane, especially because Ashe and Morg have a lot of kill pressure at level 6. The argument that "shield champions" should prevent you from taking ignite isn't really accurate. There's two reasons for this:

1. If ignite is burning down the shield, that means the shield can't be used on other damage sources.
2. The ignite inflicts grevious wounds, reducing the effectiveness of heal.

I agree that exh is a better summoner to take in the midgame for Zed, but it doesn't even look like you guys got that far.

The biggest issue was probably your Morg's build. She was getting destroyed in lane, yet she rushed Morello's instead of FH or Zhonya's. She also took sorc shoes for some stupid reason. Essentially she she went full glass cannon on a champion that's supposed to be flashing into the enemy team. The Morg doesn't even have a sighstone to setup vision and make picks with her q. The summoners she took are kinda irrelevant here. Probably just some shitter who got autofilled that has no idea how to support.

Testing out Rengar in the PBE, and the enemy Lux says "lol no skill" in all chat after I one-shot her.

This kind of stuff is hilarious to me. Like, bitch, you're playing Lux.....talk to me if you're playing Azir or something....

NA

Well in most of my games people barely type anything in the chat. They do use /all chat but just to trash talk the other team, and that's it.

Most of the time people don't say anything, just vote for surrender and if the vote fails they finally say the usual: "why bother", "we already lose", zzzzzz.

Then we win and trash talk in all chat again.

Newt

Testing out Rengar in the PBE, and the enemy Lux says "lol no skill" in all chat after I one-shot her.

This kind of stuff is hilarious to me. Like, bitch, you're playing Lux.....
Problem with Rengar is that he takes too much skill. Too easy to play like a dumbass on Rengar, which is why I hate seeing him in solo q.
Well in most of my games people barely type anything in the chat. They do use /all chat but just to trash talk the other team, and that's it.

Most of the time people don't say anything, just vote for surrender and if the vote fails they finally say the usual: "why bother", "we already lose", zzzzzz.

You should play on NA.

Ken

but the memes... where do I vent them...

depends if you wanna stay in lane and farm or roam the map often. Vlad can also work in top so it can be flexed.

is vlad ok in solo queue? i want a safe top laner (though i guess i still havent tried ekko yet)

Nah, ignite is perfectly fine in the lane, especially because Ashe and Morg have a lot of kill pressure at level 6. The argument that "shield champions" should prevent you from taking ignite isn't really accurate. There's two reasons for this:

1. If ignite is burning down the shield, that means the shield can't be used on other damage sources.
2. The ignite inflicts grevious wounds, reducing the effectiveness of heal.

I agree that exh is a better summoner to take in the midgame for Zed, but it doesn't even look like you guys got that far.

The biggest issue was probably your Morg's build. She was getting destroyed in lane, yet she rushed Morello's instead of FH or Zhonya's. She also took sorc shoes for some stupid reason. Essentially she she went full glass cannon on a champion that's supposed to be flashing into the enemy team. The Morg doesn't even have a sighstone to setup vision and make picks with her q. The summoners she took are kinda irrelevant here. Probably just some shitter who got autofilled that has no idea how to support.

I mean, if exhaust could've stopped their lane from getting a double kill early on, it would be better. Morg and Ashe didn't even make it to level 6 in order to get that kill pressure.

morg died like 4 times in 10 minutes ._. at that point it was full 'I'M INTING BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME FEEL BAD'. And they didn't even buy wards tbh.

Exhaust would've been better. Like you said, they do have kill pressure at 6 with ignite, but unless you know how to survive to level 6, you don't pick ignite otherwise, autofill or not.

Like I said, just because she said 'I see pros take ignite all the time', doesn't mean she's pro, and means that she should probably listen to her adc when they say 'go exhaust'. And that goes for all ya'll, just because you see a pro do something like go MF support or always pick ignite on morg, doesn't mean that you suddenly know the intricacies of how that works.

now that you mention it

I feel that the reason why western teams are so behind eastern teams, is because I imagine in games over at China/SK, people don't bitch and whine about every little thing like in western games. Us western folk are an entitled one, lol. I imagine why a meta of 'open mid' when a game is clearly lost was so prevalent over there compared to over here(And when western audiences tried to adopt it, it crashed and burn because 'muh ego')..

Newt

I mean, if exhaust could've stopped their lane from getting a double kill early on, it would be better. Morg and Ashe didn't even make it to level 6 in order to get that kill pressure.

morg died like 4 times in 10 minutes ._. at that point it was fool 'I'M INTING BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME FEEL BAD'. And they didn't even buy wards tbh.

Exhaust would've been better. Like you said, they do have kill pressure at 6 with ignite, but unless you know how to survive to level 6, you don't pick ignite otherwise, autofill or not.

Like I said, just because she said 'I see pros take ignite all the time', doesn't mean she's pro, and means that she should probably listen to her adc when they say 'go exhaust'. And that goes for all ya'll, just because you see a pro do something like go MF support or always pick ignite on morg, doesn't mean that you suddenly know the intricacies of how that works.
Again, man, it shouldn't be a difficult lane for them. Of course ignite is harder to use, but if we're going for that argument this Morg should have just picked Soraka and sat under tower all game. Taking ignite on support isn't some pro thing, you should know how to use it if you are playing support.

Anyways my point is, is that it's not Morg taking ignite being the problem here. It's just Morg being shit. Exh is probably better for out of lane though.

killatopak

Gold Member
is vlad ok in solo queue? i want a safe top laner (though i guess i still havent tried ekko yet)

According to op.gg, he isn't exactly great for solo Q in mid and in top. he has around 47% on both roles but you see how pros make them work.

I think the key here is to know the match ups well. He's the best match up for syndra for an example. You also pick him if your enemy needs kills or stay dominant early but fall of late. Vlad buying spirit visage, abyssal or zhonya first works really well especially against assassins.

He can also sub as a tank. A full build vlad who has ionion boots, rylai, zhonya/abyssal, protobelt, spirit visage, void staff has 4k health with a good amount of resistance. Couple that with his Q spell vamp and you got a tank that's absurdly hard to kill.

killatopak

Gold Member
Speaking of flash, can vlad flash while in the pool? I think E + pool + flash would be good as a secondary engage or to hit the backline without getting cc'd by the frontline.

You should play on NA.
Once my rl friends stop playing League, or I stop talking to them(since they're friends from elementary/high school, and I don't see them anymore. And I have just a few from college that plays league). Whatever happens first.

now that you mention it

I feel that the reason why western teams are so behind eastern teams, is because I imagine in games over at China/SK, people don't bitch and whine about every little thing like in western games. Us western folk are an entitled one, lol. I imagine why a meta of 'open mid' when a game is clearly lost was so prevalent over there compared to over here(And when western audiences tried to adopt it, it crashed and burn because 'muh ego')..

You mean we should surrender more often if the game is "clearly" lost?

Again, man, it shouldn't be a difficult lane for them. Of course ignite is harder to use, but if we're going for that argument this Morg should have just picked Soraka and sat under tower all game. Taking ignite on support isn't some pro thing, you should know how to use it if you are playing support.

Anyways my point is, is that it's not Morg taking ignite being the problem here. It's just Morg being shit. Exh is probably better for out of lane though.

And I'm saying that if Morg had Exhaust instead of Ignite, that their first fight down there would've been flipped and it would be likely that ashe would get a kill. You're underestimating exhausts strength early game, and overestimating ignite.

And again, it should've been obvious that out of lane, exhaust would've simply been stronger against their Zed. And the whole team telling Morg to take exhaust.

You even concede that Exh would've been better out of lane, there is no argument here. There is just you making a concession that ignite is good when they hit 6 for the kill potential, and that's it.

You mean we should surrender more often if the game is "clearly" lost?

It's either that or spend 30 minutes on a lost game. There is merit to just starting a new game instead of wasting on a game that you will likely lose barring a complete shutdown of the opponents intelligence.

But what I"m saying is that in SK atleast, the 'open mid' thing became so prevalent, whereas in NA when people tried to copy that, it failed because people are too egotistical and think "I'm the one who's going to carry us!".

killatopak

Gold Member
open mid or surrendering at 20 just means koreans get to play more games.

Maybe because of that, they are really good at the first 20 mins of the game. NA/EU people should be better at making comebacks if they don't have the open mid thing but maybe it's not all of the reasons.

Newt

You're not getting it Breezy. One summoner spell isn't gonna fix a defective player. It's like stabbing yourself and putting a band-aid over it.

Also, when games are clearly over I type in chat: "this is what your surrender vote means to me" as I fly into their team, lol.

Either that or I just leave. I really wish games would end with a 3/2 vote.

You're not getting it Breezy. One summoner spell isn't gonna fix a defective player. It's like stabbing yourself and putting a band-aid over it.

I mean, you clung on so hard to the fact that we asked Morg to take exhaust because you think ignite is better(When it's situational at 6), that your argument boiled down to proving yourself wrong, and then going back to the original 'Yeah that player is bad'.

Yes, that is what I have been saying, if you had listened instead of clinging on so hard to the fact that we asked Morg to take exhaust.

The point being that the player was bad and failed at communicating. No, I'm pretty sure I outlined that in my first post, before you clinged on to 'muh ignite'

It's either that or spend 30 minutes on a lost game. There is merit to just starting a new game instead of wasting on a game that you will likely lose barring a complete shutdown of the opponents intelligence.

I guess, but it depends in what elo you're playing. Like right now I'm in silver 1, so I'm against surrendering because I have faith not in my team, but in the other team throwing the game.

In fact I just checked my last 10 ranked games:
-8 wins
-2 defeats.

Of those 8 wins in 5 games we were behind in gold... the whole game, never once we were up in gold.

So what I can conclude from these facts:
- If you hold the game long enough the enemy team will most likely throw the game.
- lol I suck.

I guess, but it depends in what elo you're playing. Like right now I'm in silver 1, so I'm against surrendering because I have faith not in my team, but in the other team throwing the game.

In fact I just checked my last 10 ranked games:
-8 wins
-2 defeats.

Of those 8 wins in 5 games we were behind in gold... the whole game, never once we were up in gold.

So what I can conclude from these facts:
- If you hold the game long enough the enemy team will most likely throw the game.
- lol I suck.

Oh Im a firm believer of that. But sometimes you just have teammates that are either unresponsive to trying, or people just whining at others. Those games are lost pretty fast usually.

Top Bottom