• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
Plant changes

RIP Blast Cones we hardly knew ye
weird, the whole OMG RNG talk was dumb to begin with (but again, reddit is mostly dumb) and meddler's argument is solid, but seems like they're all changes to reduce plants' relevance in the game

i'm still unsure what their point is, i really wish they had pushed it further with their craziness and impact so that we could at least feel like they're something really big they added to the game

now i'm thinking it'd be really cool to have like items and champions that interact with plants in special ways

say you have a consumable item that lets u plant a blasting cone so u can like as nunu like buy it for a baron steal, but it has a short arming time so you can't like insta use it on like alistar for a sick engage

or maybe an item that has a passive that poisons nearby plants, turning them into like man eating plants that attack enemies similar to zyra plants

or maybe now zyra can use those plants as seeds

and stuff

make it a proper new mechanic

idk if that'd be necessarily good for the game but i sure would like to see that tried :p

wtfast so annoying it keeps taking me through bad routes and i end up playing with 340 ping :(
wasn't wtfast like a big ripoff?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
zzz why even have plants if you're just gonna nerf them into irrelevancy before preseason even starts

at this rate the only change going into season 7 will be OP assassins

zkylon

zkylewd
how about a plant that u can pick up that when used makes u lose turret aggro

how about a plant that makes the next buff u acquire last longer and be stronger

how about a plant that corrupts nearby areas slowing everyone around it (including your team!)

how about a plant that enrages camps creeps, making them aggro on anyone that walks nearby and also makes them bigger in size

how about a plant that makes ur next kill give u extra gold

Talents

Banned
Holy shit it's so hard to carry low elo as ADC. The support just sits their fondling their dicks, either that or you get a Lux support who does nothing really.

how about a plant that u can pick up that when used makes u lose turret aggro

how about a plant that makes the next buff u acquire last longer and be stronger

how about a plant that corrupts nearby areas slowing everyone around it (including your team!)

how about a plant that enrages camps creeps, making them aggro on anyone that walks nearby and also makes them bigger in size

how about a plant that makes ur next kill give u extra gold

Plant that gives you Evelynn passive...

Plant that gives you a Shaco clone...

Killing plants drop a seed that you can pick up and use as a consumable.

zkylon

zkylewd
Plant that gives you Evelynn passive...

Plant that gives you a Shaco clone...

Killing plants drop a seed that you can pick up and use as a consumable.
u gotta come up with something original u silly

like a plant that makes u smaller in size so u can dodge skillshots better (right click hitbox stays the same so u don't turn into an old yorick ghoul)

here, have an ahri

teacher_ahri_by_saviko-dalq00e.png

she'll inspire u to come up with something cool

zkylon

zkylewd
lol ppl on reddit complaining about standard lanes being the reason of lack of champ variety at worlds

smh

also this is irelia

demon_irelia_by_songjikyo-dam91fi.png

Calvero

Banned
lol ppl on reddit complaining about standard lanes being the reason of lack of champ variety at worlds

they'll complain about everything. complain about the lane swap meta. beg rito to kill laneswap and to bring in standard lanes. praise standard lanes until they realize, oh shit, standard lanes kill champ diversity.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like attributing lack of champion variety to a single thing is dumb since it's not as simple:
- some champions like garen and teemo are just not suited for competitive, not because they're "bad", but because they're never meant to be competitive-ready. doesn't mean they're not bad, but it's no really an issue
- some champions are just old trash like galio and warwick and akali. those will get major reworks, so they should be counted out

so i think if u removed those champion variety doesn't look so bad, it's just a silly ideal to expect all 120 champions to be played, even tho it's fair to say it's shitty that there have been less champions played this worlds than the last

it's also fair to say that champion variety being poor makes champion select rather boring, me and my friends mostly talk over it and i always skip it when watching vods. it's def an issue with competitive league right now, specially since it's often so important

not that sure how to fix this, i agree that the doto style of banning would maybe make things more interesting but idk if interesting enough and i doubt it'd mean much in terms of champion variety either

Register

Banned
The new armor penetration change is utterly dumb. RIP Youmuu's Ghostblade. Holy fuck it's nerfed to death. I don't think anyone will ever buy it again. There is no reason to get it over any other penetration item now. What are they thinking? 200g cheaper doesn't cut it - they might as well just remove it from the game. Maw is sadly also nerfed.

This makes Black Cleaver all the better.

not that sure how to fix this, i agree that the doto style of banning would maybe make things more interesting but idk if interesting enough and i doubt it'd mean much in terms of champion variety either

I think it totally will force a much higher P/B diversity. There's usually only 3-4 champs per role that gets picked or banned in competitive.

I think it totally will force a much higher P/B diversity. There's usually only 3-4 champs per role that gets picked or banned in competitive.

Yeah.

More bans, Draft mode(Where bans are interlaced with picks, instead of being frontloaded) will do fucking great things for League.

Riot needs to bite the bullet and do it. Even Heroes of the Storms does it, and the pick/ban phase is better because of it.

Saying lane swaps would have changed anything regarding variety with the game in its current state is silly. With stuff like Cait and Zyra being meta top lane would have either even less picks or worse, games would go back to being fast pushes with nothing happening for 20 minutes. Variety is meaningless if it makes the game boring to watch.

Also most of competitive's variety hinges on mid lane and mid is in a sordid state right now so no shit there aren't as many champion picks as last year.

Leezard

Saying lane swaps would have changed anything regarding variety with the game in its current state is silly. With stuff like Cait and Zyra being meta top lane would have either even less picks or worse, games would go back to being fast pushes with nothing happening for 20 minutes. Variety is meaningless if it makes the game boring to watch.

Also most of competitive's variety hinges on mid lane and mid is in a sordid state right now so no shit there aren't as many champion picks as last year.

To be fair Zyra probably wouldn't have been picked in lane swap scenarios. We would see more weak laning supports and just get some alistar/thresh/braum that roam a lot, because the lane bullies would never see a 2v2 lane.

Man I wish you guys would spoiler tag the anime waifu shit. I try to browse this thread on my lunch break as chill-out/catch-up but have to spend half the thread with the tab minimized.

iModem

Banned
What are your guys' goals before the season ends, and have you hit them already? I am so close to returning to Masters I can taste it...

Leezard

What are your guys' goals before the season ends, and have you hit them already? I am so close to returning to Masters I can taste it...

I would have liked to hit Master too but with a few failed promos to D2 I won't have time to play enough to get there before the season ends. I'll just stop in D3 like last season.

iModem

Banned
I would have liked to hit Master too but with a few failed promos to D2 I won't have time to play enough to get there before the season ends. I'll just stop in D3 like last season.

It feels bad to be in the same tier that I was last year, even though I feel I've improved so much. Atleast I've made a lot of progress over the last 365 days in my other League-related endeavors (coaching streaming YT etc.)

But damn... :/

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Has the Warwick reworked been announced and given a date yet?
Man I wish you guys would spoiler tag the anime waifu shit. I try to browse this thread on my lunch break as chill-out/catch-up but have to spend half the thread with the tab minimized.
Always disable pics, gifs, and avatars when browsing gaf at work, school, or in public. Also spoiler tagging images don't work on mobile I believe.
You know I feel like playing ranked again but sometimes I don't know if I can handle the bullshit of playing ranked.

killatopak

Gold Member

I'd just like to hit d3 but realistically I'll probably just go for d4. I just can't get past the promos for some reason. I've even demoted to d5.

If my trend of improvement goes well. I'll hit challenger in Season 11.

Top Bottom