• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

doto does a lot of things right imo, in many respects i think its general design is a lot better than league's, but the two games couldn't be any more different, and both games should learn from each other, not copy each other
I actually do think Icefrog learns from various parts of League. Riki's Blink Strike (when it was an ultimate) worked on a charge system similar to Akali's ult (I forget the name) and the two abilities work almost identically to begin with (along with putting mechanics like spell vamp, CDR and INT scaling spell damage in quite successfully)

i would like more international tournaments for sure

i was thinking that like, all-stars is pretty alright, but i'd trade its spot for a srs tournament in a split second

even if it's like some person on worlds thread was asking for, make like a regional tournament that's like top 3 na vs top 3 eu and the same for china vs korea vs lms
I was thinking along the lines of MSI except on a slightly larger scale. If there's a good enough incentive there shouldn't be a problem with the various regions playing against each other before worlds.

More practice against better opposition = better teams everywhere = better for the competitive scene as a whole. The only people I know that are against the idea are the super LCK fanboys.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok veigar was the last mid i was missing a chest on

ready for next season

also i wanna repost this because it's too funny lol

uBNQbDJ.jpg

I actually do think Icefrog learns from various parts of League. Riki's Blink Strike (when it was an ultimate) worked on a charge system similar to Akali's ult (I forget the name) and the two abilities work almost identically to begin with (along with putting mechanics like spell vamp, CDR and INT scaling spell damage in quite successfully)
yeah if only doto learned how to do good skins they'd be golden

I was thinking along the lines of MSI except on a slightly larger scale. If there's a good enough incentive there shouldn't be a problem with the various regions playing against each other before worlds.

More practice against better opposition = better teams everywhere = better for the competitive scene as a whole. The only people I know that are against the idea are the super LCK fanboys.
i actually think a third international tournament might be a bit boring, i kind of enjoy the idea of a lead up to a huge ass tournament like worlds, and then smaller tournaments that are more like temperature taking of the different regions, like msi

i think a third mini worlds would be just too samey, specially when there's already iem and msi and everything

i actually think a third international tournament might be a bit boring, i kind of enjoy the idea of a lead up to a huge ass tournament like worlds, and then smaller tournaments that are more like temperature taking of the different regions, like msi

i think a third mini worlds would be just too samey, specially when there's already iem and msi and everything
I honestly forgot IEM was a thing. I guess international competition is ok in that regard (still could use more of it).

zkylon

zkylewd
i1476759419710450.jpeg

cool kpop ashe cosplay

since rito screwed me over with the star guardian skins, maybe they'll do right by me with kpop skins and give syndra one

also i'm curious why she's not being nerfed already, maybe cos assassin era will make her a lot less viable. also if rylais is getting big changes that'll impact her a bunch too

hmm

Talents

Banned
i1476759419710450.jpeg

cool kpop ashe cosplay

since rito screwed me over with the star guardian skins, maybe they'll do right by me with kpop skins and give syndra one

also i'm curious why she's not being nerfed already, maybe cos assassin era will make her a lot less viable. also if rylais is getting big changes that'll impact her a bunch too

hmm

Her eye closest to the camera looks really weird for some reason...

drawkcaB

Her eye closest to the camera looks really weird for some reason...

I agree.

At first I thought it was because of the depth of field/focus was off in the picture - auto-focus fucked up and blurred the right side of her face (which it seems like it did). It's not that the her closest eye was weird, it's that the two didn't match.

But when I cover the right side of her face the closest eye is still messed up. So, borked photoshop job, maybe.

I finally heard back from Riot about my issue with the Riven code, the one about how in LATAM support page wording make it sound like I could get the skin in my LAN account but NA support page saying otherwise.

Turns out, LATAM support page is meant for people who are going physically to Worlds and buy the figure there, not for online sales from the merch store.

Oh well, now I have Championship Riven in my NA account, lol.

Congrats!

Thanks!

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah LB seems fun. I'm also expecting Talon to be more interesting.
i feel like talon sounds more fun than he really will be

the ass creed thing looks super cool but it's kind of a fancier aurelion sol e, and the rest of his kit looks better but i don't think it's a lot more interesting than it already was, although new q looks kind of fun

i'll try him for sure, specially since ad itemization looks more interesting, but i might just try to pick up zed instead since zed is just more fun

tho idk, i'll probably just spam a billion lebonk games if she's even half strong

how does Taliyah feel right now?
she's alright, she feels fairly weak in lane since she has trouble pushing waves early and u get super screwed by minions when trading cos you can't just mow them down like you did before, but she gets better as the game goes on since they reduced the worked ground duration

losing so much waveclear put her in a weird spot similar to like twisted fate cos any strong mid like ryze or syndra or cassi will just run to u and deal a billion dmg for free since ur spells are so hard to land in lane. her combo dmg is still silly, but it's just really unrealiable in a laning situation, it's super annoying that ryze or cassi can just run to u and deal a ton of dmg with half the effort

i don't like that very much since it's frustrating to 1v1, so if she had to get buffed somewhere i think her worked ground movement speed to get turned into a flat 20% instead of scaling per level would be a nice way of helping her dodge skillshots and set up w's and stuff, without giving her a very stat-boost-y kind of strength increase. just make her feel like she's a bit more in control in lane i guess

other than that i think she'll suffer a bunch if rylais gets nerfed, but so many mids will that idk where that'll leave her

Leezard

i feel like talon sounds more fun than he really will be

the ass creed thing looks super cool but it's kind of a fancier aurelion sol e, and the rest of his kit looks better but i don't think it's a lot more interesting than it already was, although new q looks kind of fun

i'll try him for sure, specially since ad itemization looks more interesting, but i might just try to pick up zed instead since zed is just more fun
r

Yeah, maybe so. He'll be very good at roaming and should be good at escaping. Leblanc RR mindgames look really fun at least.

I'm glad Rengar will have a more difficult time singling out his target too.

Top Bottom