• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
It's been so long since I've played ranked. I hope I can climb a few divs.

Now that the season is ending there's so many shitters and tilted people playing. I just hope they aren't in my team.

ok think of new talon

give him a black cleaver

then build him tank

new talon who can go kill squishy and then run away trolololing
I don't think new Talon has the damage to afford not building damage.

His bases are okay but he has reasonable cooldowns and all his scaling is based on bonus AD.

Alright so now that I've collected myself after that first garbage game last night I have to talk a bit about it. My MF indicated she hadn't played the game in a few months, which is fine. She asks 'what do I build first?' and I told her Ghostblade. Then she said something like 'No it's duskblade'. I told her 'No if you're going Armor Pen build you should start with ghostblade because it's cheaper and you'll spike earlier'. And she said 'It's okay I'm following a pro build.' This morning I looked at probuilds' history of MF players and not a single god damn one of them started duskblade.

Real talk, Zyra does so much damage right now. It's probably because my normal build is support item, sightstone, boots, support stone (the combo), then a combo of AP and MPEN, but she is so good. Also people in my garbage elo are not great at punishing poor positioning.

I'm glad Rengar will have a more difficult time singling out his target too.

It's annoying that I don't get full vision anymore, but singling out people isn't really that difficult tbh. The insane MS that Rengar gets when he ults makes up for not seeing everyone, and it might take an additional 2 or 3 seconds to find someone you want to kill. And that's only if a teamfight is about to break out. If it's still around the mid game, and everyone is still doing their own thing, finding a specific person is still pretty easy.

I've yet to see people pile up on squishes when my ult indicator goes up, baiting me into a 1v3/4/5. Maybe that's because it's just PBE tho. I'm willing to bet that people might actually play with some sense once this update transitions to the live servers.

zkylon

zkylewd
rito meddler said:
In terms of Syndra's balance I expect she'll be on our list of 'champs we need to at least consider' in 6.23.
hmm, interesting that they're taking their sweet time with her

Yeah, maybe so. He'll be very good at roaming and should be good at escaping. Leblanc RR mindgames look really fun at least.

I'm glad Rengar will have a more difficult time singling out his target too.
i mostly like that leblanc now can waveclear with w q instead of double w. this means she gets to shove and roam more easily instead of having to waste her ult to clear

btw this is super cool

talonjump.gif

ok think of new talon

give him a black cleaver

then build him tank

new talon who can go kill squishy and then run away trolololing
all his spells scale with bonus ad so you'd be a pretty useless talon if u don't buy lots of ad

Leezard

It's annoying that I don't get full vision anymore, but singling out people isn't really that difficult tbh. The insane MS that Rengar gets when he ults makes up for not seeing everyone, and it might take an additional 2 or 3 seconds to find someone you want to kill. And that's only if a teamfight is about to break out. If it's still around the mid game, and everyone is still doing their own thing, finding a specific person is still pretty easy.

I've yet to see people pile up on squishes when my ult indicator goes up, baiting me into a 1v3/4/5. Maybe that's because it's just PBE tho. I'm willing to bet that people might actually play with some sense once this update transitions to the live servers.
I'm expecting people to group up more properly on live servers. PBE is kind of a mixed bag in terms of player skill, no?
i mostly like that leblanc now can waveclear with w q instead of double w. this means she gets to shove and roam more easily instead of having to waste her ult to clear

btw this is super cool

talonjump.gif

Ah, I hadn't heard about that. That makes it simpler for her for sure.

Nice gif.

fake edit: finally rank 7 on zyra

all his spells scale with bonus ad so you'd be a pretty useless talon if u don't buy lots of ad

a squishy is a squishy

They're going to die regardless if you have bonus ad or not. Unless talon has like 0 base damage. why don't people understand this, the best CC is death

You aren't killing any squishies with like 400 damage post mitigation, specially when most of this damage is from your ult lol

Don't underestimate base armor, there's a reason why tank assassins are almost always AP

Hi all, this will be my first season end.

Is my reward based on my best rank over the course of the season or what it is currently at when the season ends?

You aren't killing any squishies with like 400 damage post mitigation, specially when most of this damage is from your ult lol

Don't underestimate base armor, there's a reason why tank assassins are almost always AP

thats where the black cleaver comes in

armor shred

Hi all, this will be my first season end.

Is my reward based on my best rank over the course of the season or what it is currently at when the season ends?

current rank

thats where the black cleaver comes in

armor shred
I was counting cleaver on that number lol

By the time Talon shreds anything important all of his skills are on cooldown and even then 30% is nothing when your bases are not high nor are your cooldowns low. With only Black Cleaver a squishy with no armor items will still take roughly 40%¨less damage from everything you do and if they get as much as a chain vest you're donezo.

I was counting cleaver on that number lol

By the time Talon shreds anything important all of his skills are on cooldown and even then 30% is nothing when your bases are not high nor are your cooldowns low. With only Black Cleaver a squishy with no armor items will still take roughly 40%¨less damage from everything you do and if they get as much as a chain vest you're donezo.

fine add duskblade. then build tanky.

Bam.

I gave it a spin on a PBE match for funsies. Full burst with just a Cleaver on a bot with no armor items or runes and 1700 HP barely did 50% of their HP.

I'm gonna go ahead and expect adding a Duskblade to be just as doody.

See this is why we need sandbox mode. To test stupid builds without having to spend 30 minutes to do so

I didn't know Riot was thinking about 10 bans...

Riot Meddler said:
We're still planning to look into 10 bans once the new client's out (changes needed to champ select for extra bans would be made in that, not the old client). I think it's quite likely we move to a 10 ban system, though that's not guaranteed yet. Assuming we do go to 10 bans it's also possible Pro games and regular games might make the change at somewhat separated times (different workflows for draft matchmaking games versus tournament draft in custom games which is what Pro uses).
sauce

I'm kind of excited to see what kind of team comps we would see with 10 bans in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
practice tool is such a lame name, i understand "sandbox mode" is a misleading name but they should've called it something else

something not lame

Ah, I hadn't heard about that. That makes it simpler for her for sure.
yeah i think at least it'll let her one shot casters easily without using her ult which is gonna be very useful

she can also do a bit more safe waveclear by double q'ing tho that's a lot weaker and it wastes ur ult, but at least u don't have to get close, so that might help if you're behind

a squishy is a squishy

They're going to die regardless if you have bonus ad or not. Unless talon has like 0 base damage. why don't people understand this, the best CC is death
what makes u think talon would be able to abuse tank items?

why not say zed?

u should start with that, cos just randomly saying it sounds pretty silly, specially when it sounds so fucking wrong lol

imo i think rengar could be the one that ends up abusing tank items, or maybe like akali or something

idk

hard to tell from pbe

I didn't know Riot was thinking about 10 bans...

sauce

I'm kind of excited to see what kind of team comps we would see with 10 bans in the game.
that's interesting, and probably necessary, although i do think this means some champions will never be played again

like i find my chances of ever playing leblanc to be pretty slim under a 10 ban system, although i guess i should stop hovering amumu and taric on the pick intent phase first, and then see

honestly it makes me a bit worried cos like i think it's pretty lame if someone like leblanc becomes permaban cos ppl don't even know what else to ban, but if it has a positive effect on competitive that'd be pretty good

Newt

Having 10 bans at the same time is just gonna remove the overpowered champions at the time from the game. I find this okay, but it could be better.

Ashhong

5pm ish tomorrow. pacific time. i'm most likely going to get korean bbq.

You have a phone?

Wanna text me? Or do you wanna skype message??

How much you looking to spend on that kbbq? Get baekjeong, quarters, or parks. Yum yum

Heh costy any chance you know what the setup of the arena will look like? Will there be huge screens on each side? I'm trying to decide what tickets to buy..

Top Bottom