• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
failed my third promo of the day. damn...

My games always turn into a disaster come late game. We all do well then because of that my team mates get complacent and the enemy somehow makes a comeback out of an ace inside their base. They stay so long inside or even fight within turrets.

Talents

Banned
Why do people suddenly hate syndra?

Wait maybe I need to stop reading reddit. Riot explicitly said the point of the assassin update was to slow down burst and reddit response to every update spotlight has just been "wtf where's the burst?"

I love Syndra as a champ but right now she is easily the most brain dead champ in the game. If you make even 1 mistake, she'll kill you instantly and you'll be fucked for the rest of the game unless you get massive jungle pressure.

Tizoc

Any hints on the new champ? Since we got 2 male champs, obv. the next one is female.
For some reason I've been thinking its time LoL had a female samurai character.

Elementalist Lux teaser

KWNvnS6.png

Seems like she gets a hairstyle per element

So talkin about lore

Blizz did a little lore snip for heroes of the storm with an awesome cg trailer. Where Varian wakes up in the universe of Heroes and faces Rag, who is also dead in the wow lore. It was an awesome cg.

Why did Riot stop doing CG videos?

So talkin about lore

Blizz did a little lore snip for heroes of the storm with an awesome cg trailer. Where Varian wakes up in the universe of Heroes and faces Rag, who is also dead in the wow lore. It was an awesome cg.

Why did Riot stop doing CG videos?

????????????????

when did we ever say we stopped lol

just cos there hasn't been one in a while doesn't mean there won't be more...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
lol nu-rengar is gonna be OP af

his w alone has the power of like 3 ultimates in one regular ability

you'd think rito would have learned from malz's dumb new passive but i guess not

oh well, i hadn't heard stabby tabby before so i'll give rito credit for that one

zkylon

zkylewd
nice

i only criticize rito so much cos i know they do improve things

excited to see the next big thing, i hope it's a new story but even if they just do a short about bilgewater or something i'd be pretty pleased

bilgewater event was so damn cool

Why do people suddenly hate syndra?

Wait maybe I need to stop reading reddit. Riot explicitly said the point of the assassin update was to slow down burst and reddit response to every update spotlight has just been "wtf where's the burst?"
reddit is really dumb

the thread complaining about syndra one shotting ppl with just ult is stupid because it's such an unrealiable thing that it makes no sense

you can oneshot any carry with a 6 item burst mage always, often with less items, it's not unique to syndra, except what's unique to syndra is that all this burst is single target (unlike say lizzy or ori)

there's a pretty good post explaining the actual issues with syndra in the form of rylais and ghost meta and the olafing of azir and lulu and the big nerfs to viktor and lebonk

there's also her rework making it really easy for her to reach max balls ult and giving her a lot of lane dominance back by forcing her to max w second

To be fair the mage rework made Syndra pretty braindead. 100-0ing someone with just your ult used to need effort.
eh, 100-0ing ppl with just ult is way less of a problem than ppl make it to be, she's gated by her ult being targeted and fairly low range, so if you ult someone the should probably be out of position. the thing is ghost and rylais makes it really easy to put yourself in the position to ult carries and give u enough tankiness and slows to kite back to safety

i don't think her rework had as much of a negative effect on her balance as azir getting gutted and the rylais/ghost meta

Make it so her Q puts a debuff on the enemy champion so they take extra damage from her ult and balance around that. That way you can't just whiff a bunch of Q's or use them on the front line then mindlessly use your ult and one shot the adc.
this is not a real situation

syndra doesn't whiff a bunch of q's then ults adc and wins, she just lost the teamfight cos other mid dealt 10x more dmg cos they actually landed their skillshots

also what was adc doing at 675 range from syndra

I love Syndra as a champ but right now she is easily the most brain dead champ in the game. If you make even 1 mistake, she'll kill you instantly and you'll be fucked for the rest of the game unless you get massive jungle pressure.
there are more braindead champions for sure, but yeah she's back to pre-nerf status in lane pressure

i love it

Elementalist Lux teaser

KWNvnS6.png

Seems like she gets a hairstyle per element
watch me eat my words and buy it

it did help that riot downgraded star guardian lux to the point i'm not using that skin anymore, so having a good skin will be nice, even if the concept doesn't interest me in the slightest

i'm sure it'll be high quality and i hope it's not like "choose one style" like sona, i hope it's all 4 styles, switching between them based on your items or something

????????????????

when did we ever say we stopped lol

just cos there hasn't been one in a while doesn't mean there won't be more...
well they kind of skipped two years

imo that counts as stopping

y'all know it's not just a four-form four-hairstyle skin right?

considering how much better ultimate skins have gotten over time...
but hairstyles do change right?

pls reply it's important

also known as...computer graphics...

"Cinematic" Then.

When you boil it down like that, most games are 'CG'., but that term is reserved for cutscenes that usually have a higher quality image, IE a final fantasy cutscene in older games(I believe 15 is doing them in engine, and idk about FF13). The Star Guardian MV looks like it's using upscaled models(Most noticeable through the hair), so sorta the League engine 2.5. Very different from a cinematic like 'A new dawn' I linked(Which usually Riot hires an outside company to do, like the first cinematic they put out, what was it, "A twist of fate"?)

zkylon

zkylewd
the sombra video is a pretty good guide of how these videos should be imo: https://youtu.be/Og5-Pm4HNlI

it's not my favorite or anything, but it's a fan watch that has enough of the world and characters that i feel satisfied with, specially at the cadence of a few of these per year as blizz is doing

for league i would like something with a bit more depth in it, specially since shit seems to be actually happening in league

also this is very good

star_guardian_jinx___fan_art_by_deadmanawake-dan5nw6.jpg

the sombra video is a pretty good guide of how these videos should be imo: https://youtu.be/Og5-Pm4HNlI

it's not my favorite or anything, but it's a fan watch that has enough of the world and characters that i feel satisfied with, specially at the cadence of a few of these per year as blizz is doing

for league i would like something with a bit more depth in it, specially since shit seems to be actually happening in league

Even the Heroes of the Storms(Blizzards MobA equivalent of LoL) has an interesting trailer-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4900jOY8cCM

WoW Spoilers-The women speaking in the beginning is Jaina, and the speech she's giving is the one that she gave after he died. It kinda ties the WoW universe with HotS(And the speech fits Varians actions), in that after Varian dies, he wakes up in this forest, he follows the trail of cinders, and ends up facing Ragnaros(Who is also essentially dead in WoW lore).

It tells a short little story. Not as detailed as the Sombra one, but it builds the world that Varian now resides in, showing that Ragnaros has kicked the butt of other heroes.

Like...imagine if Taliyah had a similar trailer, maybe having her defy Azirs command or something, that'd be cool. Just a setting with those two would've done wonders to building up Taliyahs place in the world.

zkylon

zkylewd
Even the Heroes of the Storms(Blizzards MobA equivalent of LoL) has an interesting trailer-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4900jOY8cCM

WoW Spoilers-The women speaking in the beginning is Jaina, and the speech she's giving is the one that she gave after he died. It kinda ties the WoW universe with HotS(And the speech fits Varians actions), in that after Varian dies, he wakes up in this forest, he follows the trail of cinders, and ends up facing Ragnaros(Who is also essentially dead in WoW lore).

It tells a short little story. Not as detailed as the Sombra one, but it builds the world that Varian now resides in, showing that Ragnaros has kicked the butt of other heroes.

Like...imagine if Taliyah had a similar trailer, maybe having her defy Azirs command or something, that'd be cool. Just a setting with those two would've done wonders to building up Taliyahs place in the world.
yeah

here's hoping rito will do some of that sometime in the future, hopefully soon

Alpha signups are over!
Now we're finally ready for the next phase: open beta. In preparation, we’ve turned off alpha signups and granted access to *everyone* who has already signed up. For anyone who hasn't applied, you'll still have a chance to try out the client very soon, when we kick off the open beta.

Check your emails! I already got mine, finally (sorry if old).

zkylon

zkylewd
Alpha signups are over!

Check your emails! I already got mine, finally (sorry if old).
nice, open beta means this thing is feature complete, right?

can i just switch to it then? i generally use the legacy client cos that one has all the features in it

also would be nice if ppl that submitted feedback and filled in surveys got a cool hard hat heimer icon

nothing too fancy and i wouldn't be mad if we didn't get one but it'd be nice haha

nice, open beta means this thing is feature complete, right?

can i just switch to it then? i generally use the legacy client cos that one has all the features in it

also would be nice if ppl that submitted feedback and filled in surveys got a cool hard hat heimer icon

nothing too fancy and i wouldn't be mad if we didn't get one but it'd be nice haha

Maybe?
3RgLRgT.png

Sauce

Riot Cactopus said:
Code:
What do you want, an icon? I don't think Riot would give rewards just for testing the client.
OR WOULD WE HUEHUEHUEHUE
Suace

zkylon

zkylewd
cool

again this is not something that was needed or important, but icons are nice

would also be nice if later on you could like customize your profile page a bit and like add a favorite champion+skin for a background, like 5 icons so u can show like ur ranked progression or like your rarest icons or whatever

idk what other stuff they could add, but even those two things would be pretty neat

edit: maybe u could like put like your highest rank ever, or like your highest mastery champions, or like a wishlist, or like your best champions in ranked, or like your favorite match or something

kind of like the steam profile page, i like that

Quonny

I even filled out the little form for feedback on the alpha client. Let's see if they took my feedback. I basically said a lot of the buttons were too small on higher resolutions, especially the close window (x) button.

zkylon

zkylewd
I even filled out the little form for feedback on the alpha client. Let's see if they took my feedback. I basically said a lot of the buttons were too small on higher resolutions, especially the close window (x) button.

well u can scale the client now so i guess they somewhat addressed it

i mostly wrote stuff about responsiveness and layout

Top Bottom