• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It goes without saying but I would highly advise not making comments about moderation within this forum or anywhere mods can read about it on the internet publicly. Just as a heads up as I've seen some things happen. If you're going to post about it, do it on a discreet place like Discord or something else.

killatopak

Gold Member
Maybe every poster here is Newt, and it's just been him this whole time.

Except for me, of course. Of course.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

For reference, my version of Swain-
Passive-Corvid Swarm: Swain keeps a murder of 5 Ravens around him. Every time he auto-attacks, a Raven shortly follows to attack his target, dealing X damage(Scaling each level with an AP scaling) and inflicting Torment on the target, increasing damage by X% from his other attacks for 2.5 seconds. Swain gains one Raven every X seconds.

Q-Swain sends out a swarm of Ravens to attack a target area for 3 seconds. Deals 100% bonus damage to minions, deals AoE damage to minions. If an enemy champion is in the area of the swarm, the Ravens will converge on them. Swain will also launch his Ravens from his passive for a flat X damage towards the champion, and if the enemy champion had a Raven on them already, it'll refresh the duration of the Torment.
(I'll focus on Q for this post)

I like Swain being Oppressive

His Q is extremely oppressive combined with his passive. I also feel on review that Torment does seem a bit excessive for his passive(As it already provides a damage boost to his auto attacks, along with boosts to his Q/W which feed off it.)

So having Ravens as a Resource Reserve is #1. His Q is oppressive in the way that it can deny an opponent farm in lane, and consuming his passive ravens for a damage boost can be extremely OP. On the flipside I was thinking that because it does consume all the ravens upon hitting an opponent, it's the trade off to Swain using his Ravens to farm, and decreasing his overall power since it denies the boosts to damage on his W/E/Auto attack. And provided the Counterplay that an opponent could avoid stepping within the Murder of Ravens..

So how about add a slight delay to his Q. Marks a place on the ground where the Ravens will flock to. Gives an opponent a chance to get out of the way, whilst retaining the use to farm with it, as well as denying an opponent either a path to attack you, or deny them the ability to farm without taking damage. Since it's Swains main nuke, putting a cooldown of about 10 seconds is decent. If an opponent picks up the Q by walking over it(IE you were using it to farm, and they walk over it), then whatever time remains determines the damage they take. Let's say at rank 5, it stays on the ground for 3 seconds, doing 300 damage in total(600 to minions). If an opponent walks 2 seconds in, they'll take only 100 damage(+whichever ravens converge from Swains passive).

Basically, it's a skill with tradeoffs-Slight delay before it hits, the opponent can see where it is, moderate cooldown, and it drains your resource of Ravens if it hits an opponent. There is also no CC to it-in my version of Swain, his only CC will be his Nevermove.

As for an ultimate..I was thinking about what you said. That Ravens need to be a part about his ultimate. So I surmised an ultimate where the whole battlefield would become engulfed with Ravens. That is, they would be perched on the fixtures of summoners rift-On stones, in the bushes, around the pits, on trees.

R-Pact with Corvus: Hundreds of Ravens converge among the battlefield for 1 minute. Whenever Swain hits an opponent with an attack or ability within 500 radius of any Ravens, a nearby Raven will converge on his target providing extra damage, until the Ravens in that area are exhausted. You can press R again to cause all the remaining Ravens within your radius to swarm where you clicked. Can be activated again 2/3/4 times. Cooldown starts after ability ends(Similar to Yorick). 150 CD for first rank.

So basically, this is enforcing the fantasy of Swain being a master of magic and Ravens-Ravens are his familiars, and maybe he made a pact with something greater to gain mastery over them. So this ultimate is a map wide ultimate(It provides no vision however). And only in the areas where Swain is, will the ultimate work. It's very location based-That is, once you exhaust an area of Ravens, then you'd have to move to another in order to keep using it to the most effect. The counterplay being that if you're away from Swain, or if you force him to fight in one spot too long, he loses out on his ultimates power. The flipside being that skirmishing/trying to run away becomes dangerous because you'll only run into more Ravens.

Having an activation to use up all the Ravens near Swain is also a trade off-Swain can use his ultimate again to make Ravens around him fly ahead of him(Think Xerath's Q) before dispersing. However, this does a flat amount of damage, a lesser amount than if Swain individually used up each Raven around him, and he can only do it a limited number of times during his ultimates activation.

And there you go, no more transforming and no more healing. Swain becomes a Nuker who has to think about how he'll use his abilities.

Nekofrog

Banned
I used to tell Newt that he was riding a very thin line with his ot trolling, especially when he'd do it in threads that bish was active in lol

zkylon

zkylewd
7If0nUO.png

yeah i really have to blame riot for this one

i don't understand why it put us in bronze 5 lol, i don't think we should be in like diamond or anything but u know, 43 cs at 26m swain probably shouldn't be playing against me lol

kayos90

Started Monday with 56 LP and ended at 76LP. Started Tuesday with 76LP and ended with 57LP. Started today with 57LP and ended with 21LP. Holy fucking shit someone save me and get me to Plat.

Hubb

Started Monday with 56 LP and ended at 76LP. Started Tuesday with 76LP and ended with 57LP. Started today with 57LP and ended with 21LP. Holy fucking shit someone save me and get me to Plat.

I'd duo with you if you are really looking for someone to play with. I hover around plat 5-3, but I can only play after 5 PM EST.

MaxiLive

dam dude

goin in with the incendiaries here.

JyJsccS.png

RIP

I started playing LoL again last week and I think my MMR is all over the place (I tend to only play normals) the match making has been so inconsistent. I haven't checked peoples ranked divisions but in the few games I've played I've seen the strangest positioning/mechanics and then some realllly good play.

I'm looking forward to playing some more and getting shouted at for sucking as I'm way out of practice ^.^ Oh League how I've missed you.

jerd

Damn so many shitposts per day lost in the past 12 hours Breezy gonna have to triple production

Someone get ahold of Nev

kayos90

I'd duo with you if you are really looking for someone to play with. I hover around plat 5-3, but I can only play after 5 PM EST.

Not really looking for a duo. I just feel annoyed as I have a limited amount of time to make plat and I'm so close.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since this thread will presumably contain most of the people who would care:

Gematsu said:
QQ.com

Further expanding its global reach and distribution, The Game Awards will air a live localized version of the show on Tencent’s integrated Internet platforms in China, including QQ.com. In addition to watching a live translated version of the show, Chinese viewers can use WeChat, QQ.com, and Tencent News App to vote on a special “Fans Choice Award,” based on nominees selected by Tencent’s gaming editors. The winner of the award will be announced during the live global broadcast.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/game-awards-2016-adds-virtual-reality-twitter-facebook-china-live-streams

I can't really see a scenario where Tencent decided to broadcast The Game Awards live in Chinese across multiple channels including QQ.com, and doesn't have a studio making an unveil there.

Presumably it's either Riot or Epic, but especially given the Chinese part, I could see Riot as a real option. Riot was just doing the kind of "Look at the history of our studio and see us talk nebulously about the future" puff pieces you usually see before a major reveal as well.

kayos90

I can't really see a scenario where Tencent decided to broadcast The Game Awards live in Chinese across multiple channels including QQ.com, and doesn't have a studio making an unveil there.

Presumably it's either Riot or Epic, but especially given the Chinese part, I could see Riot as a real option. Riot was just doing the kind of "Look at the history of our studio and see us talk nebulously about the future" puff pieces you usually see before a major reveal as well.

Riot has always had trouble getting the attention of the hardcore games outside of an already existing avid LoL fans. By presenting something The Game Awards, this might be a ploy to pull in traditional hardcore gamers into the fold.

killatopak

Gold Member
If the rumors about that league fighting game is true then I can totally see them reveal that. They might also promote that board game or make a digital version of it.

kayos90

If the rumors about that league fighting game is true then I can totally see them reveal that. They might also promote that board game or make a digital version of it.

I would honestly like to see a single-player game from Riot but considering the propensity of the company to incorporate the community multiplayer games are all we'll see from the company.

I bet Swain is a GamerGater. Perhaps you'd like to weigh in, Breezy?

I dont see how anyone can think that Swain is a gamer gater

Am I doing it right?

Interesting. I thought it was weird that Tencent was teaming up with the Game Awards, but now that you mention it Riot did by that fighting game team last year..

Top Bottom