• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

I really hate the Shen remake, both gameplay wise and aesthetically. This is meant to be a ninja and he's running around with sodding Excalibur.

clemenx

Banned
That will always be an issue tho. "Tanky Ninja" is an oxymoron. The only thing that has ever felt remotely close to ninja like with Shen is his ulti.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really love new Shen actually. Much more interesting than what he was before but it keeps the important parts (ult+flash+taunt). Shield is much more interesting to use than the old W. I wish he was stronger top lane but we do not always get what we want. Visually he is okay I guess, don't really like any of his skins that much which is unfortunate.

Quonny

Yes. He's still decent enough for competitive, but for solo Q he's trash tier.
In low ELO Shen is borderline broken. He can carry almost anyone through Silver. Dumbass ADC diving? Mid getting ganked because they don't buy wards? Just ult.

But yes, he is easily punished by good players.

Talents

Banned
o63vh.jpg

clemenx

Banned
RIot hasn't released "hot grills" in a long time, I think they can now talk about it if they wish. Are they invalidated because how the game started 5 years ago?

I don't agree with that Zenon tweet but it really isn't anything extreme as far as opinions go.

Not touching anything Zenon related with a ten foot pole

This is the smartest path indeed.

So basically you're never allowed to approach someone you do not know in public because?

On that part

I do agree with zenon. Like, it depends on the context of course. If it's at a bar, go for it. Talk to people. If it's on the street? That's a little bit weird.

But LoL at his 'overwatch grills' tweet

danielzklein isn't an artist and his champions like azir and taliyah aren't exactly syndra and zyra

Taliyah is a skinny girl. Probalby some curves under her clothes tbh.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'll reply for reals later on, not at home rn. it's cool if u think he's wrong, just be an adult and disagree with someone without calling them retarded or whatever

Dekutulla

good god do I hate playing versus swain so much. I'm probably just shit at the matchup but I always feel so useless fighting him as a melee top. Just, goddamn.

zkylon

zkylewd
danielzklein is clearly an alright dude that's just uses twitter in a really dumb way. i very much dislike twitter sermons cos they're like very easy to take out of context and they never go deep into anything and they're generally not gonna do anything more than create discussion about what he actually meant instead of discussing that topic

and he's routinely dumb about that, even if his intentions are just

I'm just gonna stop. Pretty sure my next ban will be a perma lul.
nothing wrong with disagreeing with what he said, just do it like an adult pls

that being said if you're worried about saying things you'll regret or having a really unpopular opinion that might get u in trouble then yea keep those opinion to youself if u think that'll get u banned

On that part

I do agree with zenon. Like, it depends on the context of course. If it's at a bar, go for it. Talk to people. If it's on the street? That's a little bit weird.
yea like breezy says in general approaching a random stranger is pretty creepy and isn't something that's very much wanted by ppl, specially women that never did anything to invite you so

if it's like a bar or something in which ppl go to with the intention of meeting ppl it's cool but u know, respecting the privacy and space of people is a good thing

But LoL at his 'overwatch grills' tweet
why

he's not responsible of the visual design of the entire league roster and what he's saying makes sense

and like, he made a bunch of champions that are either dark skinned or non humanoid and the one female character he made isn't sexualized

so like, he's got cred to say this

he also didn't like say "overwatch is shit" or "overwatch is sexist" or whatever, he said that even if they've been progressive about some stuff, they still have issues, which is fair and correct

CwDke16W8AAieHR.jpg

what's this mean is that women are allowed to have variety as long as they're still attractive, while men can just be whatever. there can't be a female roadhog, or a female torbjorn. overwatch is still pretty good compared to other games, and they have ana so at least they can say they have an old lady in their cast, but even her has a "cute girl" skin so that she can be sexualized. so way better than most, but still not quite there

league has even more issues, but riot has been making steadfast progress in that regard, with latest female champions being fairly diverse and not very sexualized: taliyah, illaoi, reksai (kek), kalista and jinx.

last excessively sexualized champion i'd say was nami that for some reason has cleavage and boobs despite being a fish and she was released in late 2012

so yeah, maybe give riot some credit for turning that ship around

Taliyah is a skinny girl. Probalby some curves under her clothes tbh.
at least that's what my fanart tells me

Azir has that hourglass figure though. His hourglass just goes up to his shoulders instead.
lol

zkylon

zkylewd
idk, i only got banned once in my like 10 years here and it was a fair ban

generally avoid being a jerk and talking about dumb stuff online is the advice i got to give

Hubb

Yeah that whole twitter timeline(?) (no idea what they are referred to as) is a mess. Seen a few of his twitter rants/storms before and for the most part just ignore him. I guess I let my curiosity get the better of me.

I think the Plat dream is dead...
Still on Gold 2.
Thanks Riot for having mercy on my soul, lost 4 games in a row with 0 LP and I'm still on Gold 2. Uff.

GL if you are still trying. I had to give up playing support to actually climb reliably.

clemenx

Banned
I only got banned once and it was because I got confused and posted book stuff in the non-book reader Game of Thrones thread -_- seemed unfair to me they didn't warn first as it was clearly an honest mistake.

Hubb

I only got banned once and it was because I got confused and posted book stuff in the non-book reader Game of Thrones thread -_- seemed unfair to me they didn't warn first as it was clearly an honest mistake.

I don't know, spoiling stuff for people isn't cool. It is 99% of the reason I can't play online MP minutes after a popular show or something ends. People love shouting spoilers.

killatopak

Gold Member
I only got banned once in my 5 years here.

I think it's because I made a
rape joke
which was not really offensive in our country but I realized that I was not in a local forum so I turned a new leaf and admitted it was wrong. I was pretty insensitive and wasn't aware of the internet culture back then. I appreciate being banned looking back and I thought it was definitely right for them to do so and I learned a lesson then. Context for that was someone in the thread was asking for a joke in exchange for a ps1 code for psn and I just copied that joke from my cellphone which was full of those random numbers texting daily jokes and those 'if you don't pass this message you'll be cursed' things.

That was one thing but I still see some bans that still make me skeptical about what the mod was thinking when a person got banned. I always say to myself that there's something offensive about that post that I didn't get and I was just glad I didn't post the same.

---

Still stuck at D5. I was so close to D3 where I just needed one more win to complete the series but it went downhill and I never got back up. Now I'm at 70lp D5 with a couple of hours to go until season ends. I want to play ranked still but somehow I have a craving for Skyrim. Honestly, the only thing making me pursue higher rank is because of those pointy things at the bottom of your border indicating what exact division you are. I just hate being at the 5th of a division.

Top Bottom