• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's sucky that they remove it, but honestly it took like forever to find a game and matchmaking quality was really poor

not to say matchmaking quality in blind pick is much better, but at least it's quick

ranked and normal queue stuff for the 2017 season

tl;dr (but do read it) - ranked flex with 6.22, solo/duo a week later, position preference in testing, normal draft retired (except NA/EUW/BR)
what's positioning preference in testing mean

does it mean that it won't be enabled yet or that it will be replacing current system for the time being

it's sucky that they remove it, but honestly it took like forever to find a game and matchmaking quality was really poor

not to say matchmaking quality in blind pick is much better, but at least it's quick

what's positioning preference in testing mean

does it mean that it won't be enabled yet or that it will be replacing current system for the time being

position preference refers to the changes where you pick 2 you want and exclude one you least. Still being worked on.

I always found that sentiment funny >_> You want the same thing as competitive but you don't want competitive. Knowing normals, people still complain the same as ranked <_<
I wanna play with the competitive rulesets without having to worry about rank up/rank down. Just because I'm trying to play for fun doesn't mean I want wacky garbage like blind.

Hey folks, just to be clear we're not turning off normal draft for NA/EUW/BR where the population of normal draft players is significantly higher than other servers. From our data the majority of people play blind pick, and queue health was really poor in the regions in which we turned normal draft off, with many having inordinate queue times. Test out flex queue in the preseason and let us know what you think. Just to reiterate, normal draft is staying active for NA/EUW/BR.

I wanna play with the competitive rulesets without having to worry about rank up/rank down. Just because I'm trying to play for fun doesn't mean I want wacky garbage like blind.

Well, touche.

I just treat Ranked like normal. I got that pressure off of worrying about ranks a long time ago.
Hey folks, just to be clear we're not turning off normal draft for NA/EUW/BR where the population of normal draft players is significantly higher than other servers. From our data the majority of people play blind pick, and queue health was really poor in the regions in which we turned normal draft off, with many having inordinate queue times. Test out flex queue in the preseason and let us know what you think. Just to reiterate, normal draft is staying active for NA/EUW/BR.

Hm
The way it's worded it seems that in NA/EUW/BR favors Normal modes whilst other regions favor Ranked?

as far as I know it's not that, it's just that in other regions people play blind significantly more than draft.

Players on NA/EUW/BR still play blind more than draft, but the balance isn't as drastic.

believe it or not people who play draft are the significant minority, especially in mid-size and smaller regions.

so to be 100% clear it's blind vs draft, not normal vs ranked

as far as I know it's not that, it's just that in other regions people play blind significantly more than draft.

Players on NA/EUW/BR still play blind more than draft, but the balance isn't as drastic.

believe it or not people who play draft are the significant minority, especially in mid-size and smaller regions.

so to be 100% clear it's blind vs draft, not normal vs ranked

Gotcha, so taking out draft would affect a small minority.

I think that's fine? If it's only needlessly splitting the base between Blind and Draft, then..it's not needed where it's not popular?

I only ask because Blizzards release stats on HotS are interesting-
59% players in Quick Match; 22% VS AI; 19% Ranked

After the ranked update:

46% players in Quick Match; 30% Ranked; 16% VS AI; 8% Unranked

Basically it shows the same thing, that Blind(Quick Match) is much more popular than draft(Unranked).

I'm aware, I'm just wary of the "in a perfect world we'd get rid of normal draft everywhere" bit. It doesn't affect me at this moment but I don't want Riot to ever get rid of normal draft.

jerd

I'm really surprised that blind is so much more popular. I guess just faster queue times and lobbies but some things just aren't worth it...

I'm really surprised that blind is so much more popular. I guess just faster queue times and lobbies but some things just aren't worth it...

I imagine for people who always want to play one champion, would rather get a chance at being able to insta-locking their pick than having to wait to get it stolen.

Also Lethality seems unnecessarily complicated. Just call it armor penetration, and have a note that says "Btw this scales now depending on enemy level". I get naming it Lethality for assassins sake, but not only assasins use Armor Pen/'lethality' as it is.

Also the plant junglers are annoying, in that they each have different spawn times. Will the scoreboard have timers for them? Or is it another timer for junglers to memorize?

>_> Lots of uh...lots of changes this patch that add complications that aren't needed?

I honestly dislike blind pick, people instant locking or just giving out because they didnt get their champ or lane they want it (by the force)

TheFlow

Banned
lol people are soo much more toxic and rag inducing in normal draft. just played two games. it was rough.

I was the one who was toxic and rage inducing

Cww0-5rVEAAaGyj.jpg

Skin comes with 10 icons as well, hopefully they'll also change your profile like other ultimates

profileIcon1426.jpg

Hey Lina what you're doing here

jerd

Is that in game?

Isnt the reason why all characters always have the same icons no matter the skin is for readibility and clarity? Pretty hypocritical tbh..

all the ultimte skins have unique portraits and i'm pretty sure theyre only visible to the one using it. If not I've sure never noticed before

all ultimate skins have the skin icon in game, and only for the player who plays the skin.

everyone else sees the regular icon. It's just the champion portrait on the HUD afaik, not the minimap

all ultimate skins have the skin icon in game, and only for the player who plays the skin.

everyone else sees the regular icon. It's just the champion portrait on the HUD afaik, not the minimap

AH gotcha

I remember a long, long time ago, when asked about minimap icons not matching the skin, riot said about readibility in game. Glad to see thats still the case.

TheFlow

Banned
Whoa. Those are some serious changes. I think I'm going to skip most of preseason and just let the game shake out. Been playing some ff14 and titanfall 2 to fill the time.

yea I got all year so I am going to enjoy Jan/Feb releases while League repairs itself.

TheFlow

Banned
watched the preseaon spotlight.

tank meta is back. The new tank support item along with mastery changes.. hory shit.

alistar is going to become a popular pick.

Leezard

watched the preseaon spotlight.

tank meta is back. The new tank support item along with mastery changes.. hory shit.

alistar is going to become a popular pick.

Yeah, the tank support item is looking quite busted.

Ardent censer is looking busted too, though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There is a gameplay system that locks the transformations for Elementalist Lux. It's a neat idea but it kind of hampers the idea of having all these different elements at your disposal. After your second transformation in the game that is it, and you earn that pretty early on in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i thought flex would allow for 4 man premades

that's sucky, it's easy to get 4 ppl but it's hard to get 5 for me

the part at the bottom about giving rewards for solos in flex is also kind of weird

it'll sort itself out but i'm tired of having to think about this stuff already

Who the hell can find Lux sexy? Jesus even Illaoi is 100 times sexier than that unbearably annoying *****. It's the Taylor Swift of Lol. I mean I can understand animu fanboys fapping to Ahri and her several fapservice skins but fucking Lux???? I'd rather fap to fucking Tahm Kench.

what's wrong with lux

There is a gameplay system that locks the transformations for Elementalist Lux. It's a neat idea but it kind of hampers the idea of having all these different elements at your disposal. After your second transformation in the game that is it, and you earn that pretty early on in the game.
yeah it's pretty dumb. just let me choose, i don't get why that minigame is necessary

Leezard

WOAH respect +1 for picking nami as his skin. hory shit. guess I am buying my first world's skin.

but woah why athenes on nami?
Nami is always in the fight, dealing damage with w/auto/ult/q. W in particular is perfect for proccing it. It's not uncommon to get 300+ extra healing or even more in a fight. Typically it will give more increased healing than the increased heal/shield power from Mikael and ardent. I'm aware Mikael is still better most of the time right now, but long skirmishes and fights athenes is just fantastic. I hope that with the changes to Mikael and locket it will be more viable than ever to get athenes.

Nev

Banned
what's wrong with lux

Boring FFXIII-Vanille concept of adult woman acting like a dumb kid, annoying voice, stupid lines, suicide-inducing laugh, cancerigenous kit, broken hitboxes, disgustingly safe playstyle, demacian.

What's RIGHT with lux.

AH gotcha

I remember a long, long time ago, when asked about minimap icons not matching the skin, riot said about readibility in game. Glad to see thats still the case.

Yeah, sometimes I think it would be cool to have different icons for the minimap. But for a new player it's enough that there are over a 100 different portraits... Maybe as an opt-in?

zkylon

zkylewd
Boring FFXIII-Vanille concept of adult woman acting like a dumb kid, annoying voice, stupid lines, suicide-inducing laugh, cancerigenous kit, broken hitboxes, disgustingly safe playstyle, demacian.

What's RIGHT with lux.

idk i like her laugh

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm starting to think this price might not be out of question. lol. It really is 10 quality skins in one.
(Not complaining)
It's 3250. The skin is really nice but I think it is a pretty big waste of resources from the dev side to deliver a skin to a character that did not really need more with a concept that does not really fit.

Hero

I think it's cool but yeah, a lot of work into a character that had a lot of good skins to choose from already.

Top Bottom