• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Leezard

rip

Lohpally (Challenger support) posted his thoughts on the support item changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-lURb05bQ&index=1&list=PLsHoEm1RnMgVTia87ys3QxlaEjlU_O9k-

tl;dw:
Redemption/Knight's Vow are both busted, rush them as a first item as range/melee every game.
Locket and Face of the Mountain are going to be important due to assassin meta; preventing damage before it happens will be key. Even ranged supports should consider buying Face of the Mountain later in the game, switching their support items.
Ardent censer is garbage according to him.

costy can you hook me up with a european job at riot

i'm like

100% serious

Im a damned mexican from 1st generation immigrants and here I am, begging you for something. I need to get out of here

Kenai

Yea Trump isn't just winning. Past tense now. Welp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-lURb05bQ&index=1&list=PLsHoEm1RnMgVTia87ys3QxlaEjlU_O9k-

tl;dw:
Redemption/Knight's Vow are both busted, rush them as a first item as range/melee every game.
Locket and Face of the Mountain are going to be important due to assassin meta; preventing damage before it happens will be key. Even ranged supports should consider buying Face of the Mountain later in the game, switching their support items.

I remember Redemption, but having a hard time remembering Knight's Vow. Shame about Censer though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish somebody could nerf trump like riot nerfed Taliyah.
heh, she can still build her wall u know

rip

tl;dw:
yea they sound kind of broken

i'm cool with that, neither item sounds very interesting to me but i like new items nonetheless

i wish they had removed zz top tho

fuck that item

Leezard

I just wish we won't get unpokeable tank supports in bot lane again. That sucks. :/

Since Zyra didn't get anything she might be more balanced after the patch.

I'm sad

so sad

america faile dme

failed me

failed women

failed lgbt

failed minorites

wedit-drunkt o match the irish. or is it scottish? costy please hire me. country fucked. so sad.

Orange Chicken Swain to commemorate the new potus?
jk man

don't joke

I'm a first generation american through immigrants

alot of people lost tonight. alot of people lost. i'm one of them. trump ahtes my kind. the government hates my kind. amercian has shown taht it hates my kind.

I may joke about swain ro wahtever but faceitous is what I am. tonight is horrible. Tonight is just horrible. thi sman who's neve held offie is president. people rose up and said 'we hate minoriteis'. don't joke.

Leezard

Yeah I think it's terrible too. All the polls and predictions, you'd think Hillary had this in the bag. Yet there were a lot of hidden Trump supporters. :/

I've barely come to terms with that this actually happened, it just seems so unreal.

edit: I'm sorry for your situation too, Breezy. I get that this is a much much harsher reality for you than any effects it will ever have on me.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wow. I didn't notice earlier but there's this spinny loading thingy at the bottom right of the loading screen. It feels better to know that it isn't my computer that's taking so long but it also helps me know if it's me.

Make America great (only applicabe to upper class white males) again /s

Fucking disgusting

tl;dw:
It's weird how Redemption didn't get any balance passes on the PBE. I guess Riot saw no point in it since balance will be fucked for a few weeks anyways, might as well balance in a real enviroment.

Leezard

I'm thinking Redemption seems weaker than Knight's Vow anyway. Knight's Vow is looking so crazy. 12% damage reduction and the partner heal is gonna make lane harass near impossible after it's completed.

garath

The only advantage to flex queue vs solo queue means maybe I'll give up norm draft and use flex queue as my casual queue.

fuck off

it doesn't matter if you're 2nd or 3rd generation

you'll always be 'other' to them. tonight shows white is right. it doesn't matter if you were born here. fuck off.

Ugh, I'm sitting here feeling terrible as a white dude so I won't feel the effects as much. I can't imagine how you're feeling this morning. I'm sorry this happened. :(

drawkcaB

Since Zyra didn't get anything she might be more balanced after the patch.

Hell, depending on what Riot changes with Rylai's she may need some buffs.

Not shocked given how Ardent Censer works, it's not like it's that great right now either. Unless the champion can apply multiple and sustained heals/shields (i.e. Sona, Taric too I suppose but the item doesn't give enough tanky stats for him) then the passive isn't that great.

If they make it % armor pen that would be bonkers. I would expect a flat one that scales.

On PBE right now it's %armor reduction maxing out at 7% per stack at rank 5. So we're talking 60% armor reduction with Black Cleaver. Against a 200 armor target, Garen can reduce it's armor to 80. If his ADC has a completed armor pen item then the target's armor is reduced to 48 for the ADC. It's a hot knife through butter at that point. Pretty crazy and I'm half-expecting it to be toned down. I do like the overall direction though, give Garen a reason to hang back with his team where he belongs as a juggernaut, applying significant amount of threat to would-be engagers.

Xeilyn

I was actually really shocked that Trump won, i live in sweden so i havent been that invested in this but thought "There is no way that Trump will become the next president, the man is a joke!" but here we are. Dark times ahead

Oh well back to leeeeeeeg, let the time of Assassins and tanks begin

TheFlow

Banned
preseason sucks because everyone plays the rework champs but have no exp playing them. just got a first time kat and rengar. lost 3 games thanks to these troll players.

Kenai

Leblanc feels terrible. Ult is clunky. Everything is too slow (W return, passive). They ruined one of the best designed characters in the genre.

It feels better if you stop trying to play her like Old LB. Not trying to be smary but plan your teles a bit further ahead and take advantage of her new waveclear options and her clone(s) and it's still fun. Different but fun.

don't joke

I'm a first generation american through immigrants

alot of people lost tonight. alot of people lost. i'm one of them. trump ahtes my kind. the government hates my kind. amercian has shown taht it hates my kind.

I may joke about swain ro wahtever but faceitous is what I am. tonight is horrible. Tonight is just horrible. thi sman who's neve held offie is president. people rose up and said 'we hate minoriteis'. don't joke.

I am sry Breezy. I am brown (half black style) and bi with a bf I am moving in with next year and lots of student loan debt I have been working down before I move, so I feel pretty boned too (especially since I am not really sure I should finish my Master's now and get even more debt), but being too stressed about it won't help. You have to do what you can and remember to breathe and stay calm and stay down low. So in a lot of ways same as before I guess :( But I do not want to go too OT, there's already plenty of threads in the OT i am sure you can imagine.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea just tried her a bit (protip alpha client doesn't have custom games against bots so had to go legacy... i'll stay with legacy for the time being, alpha client has way too many missing features...)

the delay on her w is the shittiest thing ever and i just don't like the new ult paradigm, i get it that it gives u more options but it just makes everything slower and clunkier

i also get the impression that her w radius is larger than before? might just be the passive effect making me notice it hitting melees where before i thought it didn't but it just feels like a bigger aoe now

Talents

Banned
God I wish they released updates like this spaced out and not all at once. Legit must have read the patch preview like 8 times yet I've played 2 games and I can't remember shit about what they cahnged.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow thread is pretty dead today

here's an ahri

14939501_1104557599598392_8180726541702005629_o.jpg

resurrect a bit thread, cmon

separate queues, separate MMRs
are these 100% separate or do they feed into each other somewhat

cos like i don't want to play against challenger and masters every two games like it happens all the time in normals

TheFlow

Banned
Had a 5 CS Jinx at ten minutes. This Placement business kind of sucks this go around. >_>
Bruh it is all kinds of wack. The worst players have came out for flex que. then again a lot of people are treating the matches like normals because it is preseason -_-

I just played my first game in preseason with Sejuani jungle. Sejuani clears Krugs fast as hell with her W. Felt really satisfying. Overall I enjoyed noticeable more the jungle in that single game. Used the 3 new plants. Explosive cone was the one that felt the less relevant. But I can imagine that pulling a clutch move with it should be great (?).

Also Fizz's megashark is gigantic.

jerd

God I wish they released updates like this spaced out and not all at once. Legit must have read the patch preview like 8 times yet I've played 2 games and I can't remember shit about what they cahnged.

Preseason always a clusterfuck better to get it all out there and balanced quickly imo

Top Bottom