• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

TheFlow

Banned
Nami is always in the fight, dealing damage with w/auto/ult/q. W in particular is perfect for proccing it. It's not uncommon to get 300+ extra healing or even more in a fight. Typically it will give more increased healing than the increased heal/shield power from Mikael and ardent. I'm aware Mikael is still better most of the time right now, but long skirmishes and fights athenes is just fantastic. I hope that with the changes to Mikael and locket it will be more viable than ever to get athenes.

I am definitely going to try it out in preseason.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cwwz33TUAAA7fY9.jpg

watched the stream, listened to some of the lines. there's stuff i like, but also a lot of stuff i don't like

i like:
- most of the designs are nice looking
- unique vo is nice, some of the lines in dark lux were really cool
- new dance is really cool
- the lux character model has like the zeronis face which i appreciate a lot
- different portraits based on which mode you're on is cool

i don't like:
- the vfx isn't anything special. i think both star guardian and steel legion vfx look much better
- the animation on nature lux looked super wonky, idk about the rest
- like half of the designs are really forgettable
- only one splash?
- ward skin looks lame
- icons are lame also, i really wish they had a better system to customize your profile instead of having to equip one of these ugly icons, specially when i have that pixelart ahri icon that i want to use instead

i hate:
- it's a really unoriginal theme that is on lux only because she has easy to do particles and because a lot of ppl will buy her. there's zero thematic hooks like with sona and udyr and that's just super lame
- the unlocking systems is super stupid and i hate everything about it. there doesn't need to be a shitty minigame here, let me pick and put a cooldown on it if u don't want ppl to be constantly switching styles (although that wasn't a problem for sona so i don't see why it is a problem here)

it's not really a let down cos i didn't expect much, and i'll probably buy it when they do their like 6 month discount thing, tho maybe then i'll be like whatever. or maybe i won't be able to keep myself from buying it before, idk, it's less about the skin being good and more about being weak, which is the point of ultimate skins anyways

what's disappointing is that i would've much rather they had used some of these designs on other champions instead. on like syndra or karma or taliyah or whatever.

heck, i would've love dark lux as a stand alone lux skin but instead i have to play like 20 minutes with some other skins i don't like as much

i swear the skin would be like 5x better if i didn't have to play a stupid minigame to use the skin i want

zkylon

zkylewd
i also think not one of those skins looks noticeably better than a 1350 skin, like it was the case with dj sona

i'd much rather have one really really awesome skin than 10 regular ones

i'm confused why riot opted for this, tho i can understand that there's only so much you can do with one skin to get away with charging that much money for it, but it just feels lame

Sometimes I wonder

how League would be if they removed all items and just rebalanced the skills to scale harder. It'd be interesting. None of this item nonsense.

Why does rito feel the need to keep adding/removing items anyhow? Are they going for a perfect equilibrium? Or is it a need to 'shake it up' each season?

zkylon

zkylewd
wait leblanc e no longer slows

that's huge

Sometimes I wonder

how League would be if they removed all items and just rebalanced the skills to scale harder. It'd be interesting. None of this item nonsense.

Why does rito feel the need to keep adding/removing items anyhow? Are they going for a perfect equilibrium? Or is it a need to 'shake it up' each season?
why do you think it'd be interesting

drawkcaB

I forget the order, is Warwick rework coming after the Assassin update, or is there a new champion first?

I wasn't even aware her E slowed

Same. I guess it's hard to tell when you're dead before you can even move.

Funny how even after years playing this game I still learn new stuff. I had no idea that Lee Sin's cripple lasted 4s. Even though the strength of the slow degrades over time, that still feels like a prime place to trim Lee Sin when the time inevitably comes. A slow that duration is unnecessary on that kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wasn't even aware her E slowed
oh lotion

good question

they need to get the character balance just right before it'd be interesting to remove all items.
i think items are good because having a secondary progression system adds depth and variability to the game

items also mean you don't just get infinitely stronger if you just sit in lane, you need to go back and buy items which gives people new opportunities to exploit that wouldn't be there if it was just all level based

i wouldn't be against a really drastic "let's delete all items and start over" thing, but i think they occupy an interesting space and are a good part of the game, even if they're often really poorly balanced

me, i'd delete runes and masteries instead

I forget the order, is Warwick rework coming after the Assassin update, or is there a new champion first?
i don't think they've said, but warwick is the next rework for sure. eve is also supposedly coming in 2017

Same. I guess it's hard to tell when you're dead before you can even move.
it's a really important part of her kit, it lets her kite and chase, set up pre-6 ganks, kite blue buff

i agree with the decision but i feel like her kit is looking kind of weak atm

we'll see, impossible to know until i try her

Funny how even after years playing this game I still learn new stuff. I had no idea that Lee Sin's cripple lasted 4s. Even though the strength of the slow degrades over time, that still feels like a prime place to trim Lee Sin when the time inevitably comes. A slow that duration is unnecessary on that kit.
i really wish they did, lee sin's slow is super bullshit since he doesn't even q you when he ganks, he just wardhops into e then point blank q's and you're dead

lee sin feels so op right now

Elementalist Syndra makes a ton more sense and would be way cooler.
i think any skin that's just a collection of skins is inevitably gonna be sort of lame, but i think syndra's passive would make for a really awesome looking ultimate skin

ultimate skins are mostly chosen on popularity tho, since it doesn't make much sense to spend a shit ton of money on like a swain galio skin that no one's gonna buy

On the Lux thing, each skin seems to have some unique stuff like Darkness having this wing aura thing and so on

I agree with zky tho, I'm not too keen on the level up thingy but I guess its sort of a mix between PFE evolution and DJ Sona switching? Not really a dealbreaker for me but if I could be a particular element from the start that would be sweet
Prob new champ

Elementalist Syndra makes a ton more sense and would be way cooler.

I'm telling you

Various Elemental balls floating around her. Her ultimate could be like, a blast of elemental power.

NOPE INSTEAD WE GOT LUX

CAUSE YOU KNOW

SHE NEEDS ANOTHER SKIN

Now what will I do with my
Spellthief
Sorceress
Commando
Steel Legion
Star Guardian

and

Imperial Lux skins!?
oh lotion

i think items are good because having a secondary progression system adds depth and variability to the game

items also mean you don't just get infinitely stronger if you just sit in lane, you need to go back and buy items which gives people new opportunities to exploit that wouldn't be there if it was just all level based

i wouldn't be against a really drastic "let's delete all items and start over" thing, but i think they occupy an interesting space and are a good part of the game, even if they're often really poorly balanced

me, i'd delete runes and masteries instead

I'm just really enamored by the talent system in HotS. It's really nifty. There's various builds for various situations, don't need to worry about items, and the game becomes less about farming and more about outsmarting/outpositioning your opponent.

And that Ragnaros Ult where he takes over what are essentially towers....hnng.

I would love that in League. Like if you don't know, there's a character named Ragnaros, and his passive is that he takes over a Fort(More or less a League Tower), gains 4000 HP, and his skills change while he's in Tower-mode. It's so damn sexy.

zkylon

zkylewd
this skin has the same problem as chroma packs

i don't want to pay extra for things i'm not gonna use

i just want the one

i didn't like it in chromas and i don't like it here

and worse i can't even choose

that shit is so stupid

Mystery Gift says that next year Lux gets a Christmas skin

By the way add BreezyLimbo on League if you want a mystery skin, I have like 1900 RP I need to burn. I will choose cool people to give it(Who post regularly in this topic). NA only.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm telling you

Various Elemental balls floating around her. Her ultimate could be like, a blast of elemental power.

NOPE INSTEAD WE GOT LUX

CAUSE YOU KNOW

SHE NEEDS ANOTHER SKIN

Now what will I do with my
Spellthief
Sorceress
Commando
Steel Legion
Star Guardian

and

Imperial Lux skins!?
let's be real tho

commando and imperial are garbage
sorceress is pretty bad
spellthief is good now that there's a new splash art (nowhere as near as good as this tho)
steel legion is good quality, but no one wants a robot lux skin
star guardian is amazing

so like, she has a bunch of skins, but more than half of them are 750rp or less, and they're not exactly great.

I'm just really enamored by the talent system in HotS. It's really nifty. There's various builds for various situations, don't need to worry about items, and the game becomes less about farming and more about outsmarting/outpositioning your opponent.

And that Ragnaros Ult where he takes over what are essentially towers....hnng.

I would love that in League. Like if you don't know, there's a character named Ragnaros, and his passive is that he takes over a Fort(More or less a League Tower), gains 4000 HP, and his skills change while he's in Tower-mode. It's so damn sexy.

not all the games are the same

i think the item system in league is pretty satisfying, tho like everything in league it would massively benefit from being rebuilt from the ground up

Lux is prob never getting any non 750 skin ever again lol
u cray

she'll get tons more skins in the future

lux sells

i also think not one of those skins looks noticeably better than a 1350 skin, like it was the case with dj sona

i'd much rather have one really really awesome skin than 10 regular ones

i'm confused why riot opted for this, tho i can understand that there's only so much you can do with one skin to get away with charging that much money for it, but it just feels lame

Not that I wanna defend Riot making 10 skins for a champ with a ton already (I will give them this, I think all Lux Skins other than SG are bare bones and dated AF) but it's important to look at context.

Lux is an old as fuck champ and these skins come with not only new VOs and models but also a new animation set with different recalls and such. It's basically like each is a "Project Ashe" level skin, a legendary that brings a dated champ up to date with cool flair and such. That's 10 legendary skins in one seeing as 1350s don't come with new animation sets or new VOs.

Thing is ... it's Lux. Her basic bitch ass kit (in the visual sense) it NOT very flashy so 10 legendary level skins for her are still 10 versions of a basic, not very visually interesting kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
uhhhh idk why that's the word you chose for it but w/e

i don't think what you say is right and this doesn't solve that problem, you just have a bunch of bad skins and one excessively expensive one

if they just updated her old skins so they're not bad anymore that'd solve that problem. i'm also really for improving old skins even if u have to raise the price for them. we all win with better skins, no one likes 750rp skins anyways

and i think her vfx could be interesting if they wanted it to be

i think, say, a void lux could look really cool. or like a spectre version of her

or whatever

what can i say, i think doing a skin that's 10 skins is really stupid

it looks like they're out of ideas

and they're not, cos they came out with 10 cool skin concepts

they just chose the dumbest format for delivering them

On the other hand, I can't wait for the next Ultimate skin. With all the feedback they will/are getting with Elementalist Lux, next ultimate is going to be really awesome.

(I will buy Elemantalist Lux)

killatopak

Gold Member
Garen
Judgment (E) - added "Enemy champions hit by Judgement have their armor reduced by X for 4 seconds, stacking up to 5 times." - need to confirm. may be other changes.

time to bust out my garen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You didn't like SGU?
I never defaulted to Udyr in the jungle, though there are times I have felt very comfortable on him. He falls short on being a champion I would really want a skin for, and SGU is not exciting in a way that redefines my perception of the character. Sona skin is great and I actually really like the music a lot but playing that champ is ZZZ.

Cwwz33TUAAA7fY9.jpg

watched the stream, listened to some of the lines. there's stuff i like, but also a lot of stuff i don't like

i like:
- most of the designs are nice looking
- unique vo is nice, some of the lines in dark lux were really cool
- new dance is really cool
- the lux character model has like the zeronis face which i appreciate a lot
- different portraits based on which mode you're on is cool

i don't like:
- the vfx isn't anything special. i think both star guardian and steel legion vfx look much better
- the animation on nature lux looked super wonky, idk about the rest
- like half of the designs are really forgettable
- only one splash?
- ward skin looks lame
- icons are lame also, i really wish they had a better system to customize your profile instead of having to equip one of these ugly icons, specially when i have that pixelart ahri icon that i want to use instead

i hate:
- it's a really unoriginal theme that is on lux only because she has easy to do particles and because a lot of ppl will buy her. there's zero thematic hooks like with sona and udyr and that's just super lame
- the unlocking systems is super stupid and i hate everything about it. there doesn't need to be a shitty minigame here, let me pick and put a cooldown on it if u don't want ppl to be constantly switching styles (although that wasn't a problem for sona so i don't see why it is a problem here)

it's not really a let down cos i didn't expect much, and i'll probably buy it when they do their like 6 month discount thing, tho maybe then i'll be like whatever. or maybe i won't be able to keep myself from buying it before, idk, it's less about the skin being good and more about being weak, which is the point of ultimate skins anyways

what's disappointing is that i would've much rather they had used some of these designs on other champions instead. on like syndra or karma or taliyah or whatever.

heck, i would've love dark lux as a stand alone lux skin but instead i have to play like 20 minutes with some other skins i don't like as much

i swear the skin would be like 5x better if i didn't have to play a stupid minigame to use the skin i want
This is one of those skins where I feel like I can see a lot of work went into it, but it doesn't feel like the payoff is there.

Like you said, I would have preferred one amazing skin than 10 975-1350 skins. It feels like someone offering me 10 boxes of cereal for the price of 4, but it's not a cereal that I particularly like? I can see the value in the volume, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough for me to take all this cereal home.

Indeed, it would have been easier to appreciate if I could pick my own skin variant instead of having to play said minigame.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be passing on this one.

update on normal draft for you

Riot Draggles said:
Hey folks,

We want to clear up our plans for Normal Draft queues in various regions around the world. Earlier today we announced that we've turned off Normal Draft in every region except for NA, EUW, and BR. Specifically, this means turning it off in EUNE, LAS, LAN, TR, and KR. This didn't affect other regions, where the queue was already inactive.

We caused confusion by saying that "in an ideal world" we'd retire Normal Draft in NA, EUW, and BR. We have no current plans to do so. Ultimately, we would like to take the best aspects of both normal queues (position preference from Normal Draft and less hardcore gameplay/speedy champion select from Blind Pick) into a single queue.

In the regions where Normal Draft was disabled, it had very low participation. Our concern going into the launch of Flex is that having many similar queue options will result in a lot of low quality experiences rather than a few good quality ones.

In other regions where we've already turned off Normal Draft, we'll keep listening to your feedback through the preseason as we start to see how the new queues perform and evaluate based on how healthy things are looking. In the end, we'll customize each region's queue system to best support its players.

zkylon

zkylewd
man lee sin feels so broken right now

i really hate playing against him again

This is one of those skins where I feel like I can see a lot of work went into it, but it doesn't feel like the payoff is there.

Like you said, I would have preferred one amazing skin than 10 975-1350 skins. It feels like someone offering me 10 boxes of cereal for the price of 4, but it's not a cereal that I particularly like? I can see the value in the volume, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough for me to take all this cereal home.

Indeed, it would have been easier to appreciate if I could pick my own skin variant instead of having to play said minigame.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be passing on this one.
idk why u had to use cereal to explain this but yea

10 normal skins is not as hype as 1 super awesome skin

drawkcaB

Garen
Judgment (E) - added "Enemy champions hit by Judgement have their armor reduced by X for 4 seconds, stacking up to 5 times." - need to confirm. may be other changes.

time to bust out my garen.

The buff is really crazy, I think. Black Cleaver is a core item on Garen (I assume, it's been a while) so Garen can potentially reduce armor by 60% on multiple targets. Makes his late game significantly better by letting him help out his ADC a tremendous amount

It's literally a mass exodus right now with this election. Like everyone I know is flipping out right now.

You know what?

Fuck those 3rd party voters. Right now in New Hampshire theres a 15 vote difference between Clinton and Trump. Gary Fuckhead has 24k votes.

People wonder why 3rd party voters are a waste?

Fucking hell.

killatopak

Gold Member
The buff is really crazy, I think. Black Cleaver is a core item on Garen (I assume, it's been a while) so Garen can potentially reduce armor by 60% on multiple targets. Makes his late game significantly better by letting him help out his ADC a tremendous amount

If they make it % armor pen that would be bonkers. I would expect a flat one that scales.

--

As a minority with relatives that live in NA, this just sucks.

zkylon

zkylewd
IMUy9XE.png

yea this is the best elemental lux chroma

i tried the skin

not a fan, sadly it just feels like a bunch of 1350 skins

pass

also the splash is pretty disappointing

LVRoROw.png

Yeah, elementalist lux, like they wanted to overdone Sona/Udyr triple design but ended in a mess of too many design and stuff the skin itself lots its identity in the process

IMUy9XE.png

yea this is the best elemental lux chroma

Isnt that Lightning sister "dark" design ?

zkylon

zkylewd
should have just put out dark lux for 1350 cause that's all u need
yup

took me 20 minutes against bots to get enough points to unlock her

so the best skin u might use for like half a game at best

that system is completely dumb

Yeah, elementalist lux, like they wanted to overdone Sona/Udyr triple design but ended in a mess of too many design and stuff the skin itself lots its identity in the process
it has an identity

it just doesn't feel like a very fun or cool or interesting identity

Isnt that Lightning sister "dark" design ?
yeah it looks a lot like her

i can't complain

dark lux looks awesome

Top Bottom