• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

drawkcaB

You're gonna get a very short leash on the red buff, since bot lane needs to get to lane in time.

You can get a leash from the mid laner on the Raptors, that could work too.

Problem with a leash on raptors from mid is that it's almost guaranteed to put mid behind, either because they blew mana or, worse, they're melee ranged and decide to AA and get significant chip damage.

New raptors are really no joke. I was watching Valkrin's stream and he cleared the three blue side camps without using a single pot charge with near 100% health using Kha'Zix. By the time he was done raptors he was at 1/3 hp and he used a pot.

That's so disappointing. I loved jungle ekko. They've been chipping away at it though. Guess riot doesn't like it as much as I do.

It particularly sucks because making him viable again is as easy is having his passive deal bonus damage to monsters.

"Z-Drive Resonance deals and additional 20 damage vs. monsters."

There, done. Ekko can jungle again. Doesn't even have to scale, Ekko just needs help clearing pre-6. But Riot doesn't give a fuck that Ekko used to have a 30%+ play rate in the jungle.

Leezard

Problem with a leash on raptors from mid is that it's almost guaranteed to put mid behind, either because they blew mana or, worse, they're melee ranged and decide to AA and get significant chip damage.

New raptors are really no joke. I was watching Valkrin's stream and he cleared the three blue side camps without using a single pot charge with near 100% health using Kha'Zix. By the time he was done raptors he was at 1/3 hp and he used a pot.

You'll have to be content with a very short leash or no leash then.

TheFlow

Banned
feels so good to have a Gold border after 4 years. Going for the plat border next season. maybe I will be duo with some of the better players here too.

edit: only got the skin. So I went first mao in jungle and won. easy champ. no wonder he was a staple in the meta for years.

zkylon

zkylewd
Talon kinda looks shitty.

talon looks pretty strong to me

also shaco is kind of hilarious, specially if u get like shaco vs shaco on blind pick and it's like traps everywhere

It particularly sucks because making him viable again is as easy is having his passive deal bonus damage to monsters.

"Z-Drive Resonance deals and additional 20 damage vs. monsters."

There, done. Ekko can jungle again. Doesn't even have to scale, Ekko just needs help clearing pre-6. But Riot doesn't give a fuck that Ekko used to have a 30%+ play rate in the jungle.
i think riot might be super skiddish about doing anything for jungle ekko since jungle ekko afaik has always been a tank

tank ekko is just really frustrating to play against and riot just wants him dead

drawkcaB

i think riot might be super skiddish about doing anything for jungle ekko since jungle ekko afaik has always been a tank

tank ekko is just really frustrating to play against and riot just wants him dead

Jungle Ekko when it was viable was more AP bruiser-ish. Runic->IBG->Abyssal. Last I checked that's still his best win rate build, but I haven't been following jungle Ekko for a while.

fair enough. I wonder if some champs might want to start it though.

I just don't see why. It's a harder to camp to do than red buff during the initial clear. So you end up losing more health and now you have to backtrack to red buff, which can fuck up early pathing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jungle Ekko when it was viable was more AP bruiser-ish. Runic->IBG->Abyssal. Last I checked that's still his best win rate build, but I haven't been following jungle Ekko for a while.
maybe i'm misremembering but in my head it was like cinderhulk ibg tank ekko

drawkcaB

maybe i'm misremembering but in my head it was like cinderhulk ibg tank ekko

During the peak of top lane Ekko it was Sunfire->IBG, maybe you're confusing the two? Even now Runic is built 75% of the time and has a higher win rate. Unless you're buying some more health Cinderhulk isn't particularly great.

Ivern jungle now poking around 50% win rate. Feel the tree motherfuckers. He definitely benefits from the jungle changes from what I've seen so far. First info shows that Nautilus may have benefited a lot in the jungle as well, which is fan-fucking-tastic, but I'm holding my breath. First day stats after a patch can be misleading.

No it wasn't, at the height of jungle Ekko's popularity he was Cinderhulk into full tank.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
courage of the colossus is OP af, who could've guessed :^)
ty for bringing back tank meta rito, everyone really missed it so much

Nev

Banned
ty for bringing back tank meta rito, everyone really missed it so much

Did it ever really go away tho.

Tanks in this game are a complete joke and always will be. What can you expect though when they openly say "we intend tanks to be able to 1v1 carries". Forget "1v1", they fucking oneshot carries on a regular basis.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Full tank zac dives in with e, press w, q, and r and now half the enemy team is dead or below 20℅ up and he has more health then he started with, so fun~ such fantastic design~
And now with colossus he can go full ap or whatever and deal 3x as much damage and still be safe as ever thanks to 30-50℅ max HP shield

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yea Jungle/top Mao is fucking disgusting hell I might even take him support.

won 3 games in a row with him by a landslide.
Yeah who cares about assassins I'm banning the already strong tanks that are now flat out broken thanks to the new mastery

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah who cares about assassins I'm banning the already strong tanks that are now flat out broken thanks to the new mastery

pretty much. I am banning a lot of tanky tops now. it is going to take low elo players a lil bit of time to realize that tanks are stronger now especially tanky supports. knights vow is crazier than redemption

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
pretty much. I am banning a lot of tanky tops now. it is going to take low elo players a lil bit of time to realize that tanks are stronger now especially tanky supports. knights vow is crazier than redemption
On that subject I do like the new support items, they feel like you get a lot more power as a support and can actuallyv contribute beyond just preventing your dumbass ADC from killing themselves

TheFlow

Banned
On that subject I do like the new support items, they feel like you get a lot more power as a support and can actuallyv contribute beyond just preventing your dumbass ADC from killing themselves

yea. they basically allow you to help a bad adc by keeping them alive longer and snowball a good adc.

Nev

Banned
Who doesn't enjoy being completely obliterated by a full defensive build Mundo while not even taking 20% of his total HP despite your build being 90% offensive items?

TheFlow

Banned
not going to lie I am happy about tank meta because my favorite champs are tanky.

hell Sejuani was my most played for 2 seasons.

ChrisD

Bronze II boys!

...I should have been at least Bronze I, but those two games with trolls did a dent on the record

Time to climb rofl

For those at work:
ashe_riot_games-2016-10-26_figures_statues_1508_copy.png

kat_riot_games-2016-10-26_figures_statues_1529_copy.png

vi_riot_games-2016-10-26_figures_statues_1520.png

So I saw a post on reddit about how LAS boards where full of people begging for Normal Draft to come back, so I was wondering how my fellow LAN players reacted to this: (reclutamiento normal = normal draft)

Only 1 thread is not about Normal Draft gone...

Pls Rito give me back normal draft ok? Thanks.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
why do people keep trying to play fizz in the jungle

wow you just gave the enemy diana free roam of the entire map and gave her 4 kills in the first 10 minutes and you can't even blow up their adc, ty for your contribution

TheFlow

Banned
I learned a valuable lesson about playing a champ I only have 4 games with against a Fiora main top. She rekted me lane. I think it was the most embarrassing game I have ever had in all 4 years of playing.

ChrisD

I learned a valuable lesson about playing a champ I only have 4 games with against a Fiora main top. She rekted me lane. I think it was the most embarrassing game I have ever had in all 4 years of playing.

I learned I can not play champs no matter how easy they are without a few games under my belt

sorry for that horrific Maokai support loss, team
idk how to mao

Also I think I'm probably just going to Raka my way out of Bronze lol. Trying Sona and Lulu but they require good follow-ups to really work.
Or I could just wait until "Bronze" isn't Bronze-Gold with who's in it lol

TheFlow

Banned
I learned I can not play champs no matter how easy they are without a few games under my belt

sorry for that horrific Maokai support loss, team
idk how to mao

Also I think I'm probably just going to Raka my way out of Bronze lol. Trying Sona and Lulu but they require good follow-ups to really work.
Or I could just wait until "Bronze" isn't Bronze-Gold with who's in it lol
Thought I was only one who noticed this.

I just got placed in Bronze 2 after going 5-5 in my promos. The fiora who rekted me was Gold 2 and a fiora main in S6. it is definitely best to wait a lil bit for elos to go back to normal

zkylon

zkylewd
what i really don't get is what does it mean "katarina unlocked" or whatever

is that just a really dumb branding or are they actually unlocking anything

ashe and kat look great, vi is ok but yeah the pose is lame and out of character, specially compared to the other two that represent their personalities a lot more accurately. like ashe looks so bitchy, look at em heels, LOVE it

the quality of the vi toy is pretty good, but i agree, the pose should've been a lot fiercer and meaner. she's a tough bitch that's all about punching, that's not how she should look

the pricing is also pretty nice i think. if they ever do ahri or someone i like at that price i'll probably bite, 150 like tf or whatever was way too much

and if they just reissued ahri nendo maybe the world wouldn't be such a shitty place

So I saw a post on reddit about how LAS boards where full of people begging for Normal Draft to come back, so I was wondering how my fellow LAN players reacted to this: (reclutamiento normal = normal draft)

Only 1 thread is not about Normal Draft gone...

Pls Rito give me back normal draft ok? Thanks.
honestly normal draft here was kind of a wasteland, so i don't mind so much

my duo buddy and i were like, we'll just rank for reals in duo q and flex will be the new normals draft since who cares about that rank i guess?

Top Bottom