• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yeah i don't really understand any of the jungle changes they made

now that it takes longer to clear, and you get less xp, and they respawn slower, they're just pushing for tanky low-econ junglers even more

there's literally no benefit to the changes they made

drawkcaB

Not really. They're pushing early game champions with good clears even more because losing camps to counterjungling is even harsher than before.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cw8Am7VUAAAk_W-.jpg:large

i'm not sure if this is good for the game or not

but it's kinda cool

Cw8Am7VUAAAk_W-.jpg:large

i'm not sure if this is good for the game or not

but it's kinda cool

uh

why

why are they giving her that? Are they removing her other passive? That's literally alot of power for nothing. That's the stupidest balance decision I've seen in this game. Like...it's not needed.

TheFlow

Banned
never have I been more happy to be a Shyvanna jungle main that right now.

shyvanna buffs are awesome.

you can't interrupt her ult, her cones deal extra ap damage, and she gains more health when transform, Her R does less damage though but she can survive longer in teamfights I think.

holy shit breezy why not go and check the rest of the changes before you go crazy?

because zky won't post them

edit-It's her new passive. better. Still though a snowball style passive is just bad design.(Yes, including on Nasus and his Q, for example)

that and if her teams don't get any dragons, then it's a completely useless passive.

TheFlow

Banned
because zky won't post them

edit-It's her new passive. better. Still though a snowball style passive is just bad design.(Yes, including on Nasus and his Q, for example)

I lover her new passive. Very similar to her old passive but now can deal true damage as well if she gets red dragons. What she gets will be different each game due to nature of dragons. She needs a elder dragon buff as well though imo.

This is her old passive.
INNATE: Shyvana gains 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 bonus armor and magic resistance, doubled to 20 / 30 / 40 during the effects of Dragon's Descent.png Dragon's Descent.

she already had a scaling passive. I think it is balanced because you can deny her from dragons, and actually make her weaker than her old passive easily.

I lover her new passive. Very similar to her old passive but now can deal true damage as well if she gets red dragons. What she gets will be different each game due to nature of dragons. She needs a elder dragon buff as well though imo.

This is her old passive.
INNATE: Shyvana gains 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 bonus armor and magic resistance, doubled to 20 / 30 / 40 during the effects of Dragon's Descent.png Dragon's Descent.

she already had a scaling passive. I think it is balanced because you can deny her from dragons, and actually make her weaker than her old passive easily.

The thing is, she had a passive previously. Even after the mini passive, she had a passive not dependent on randomnity. In this case, she starts with no passive. If her team gets no dragons, then she remains passiveless. That's bad for her health.

TheFlow

Banned
The thing is, she had a passive previously. Even after the mini passive, she had a passive not dependent on randomnity. In this case, she starts with no passive. If her team gets no dragons, then she remains passiveless. That's bad for her health.

true! and I think Riot will balance it out when it comes to that. I like the high risk reward of it though. teams will be warding and fighting at dragon hard which is good because she excels at teamfights.

true! and I think Riot will balance it out when it comes to that. I like the high risk reward of it though. teams will be warding and fighting at dragon hard which is good because she excels at teamfights.

Minus the whole CC thing

As long as there are junglers with CC and the ability to teamfight, then she'll always be worse than them.

In order for her to make use of her passive, she actually has to get a dragon. And in a competitive setting, Dragons aren't just given out unless by strategy. But if a Shyvana is in an opposing team, you can bet your ass the other team won't let a Dragon lie.

Like I mentioned, it's a bad passive. I stand by that. Because it's a snowball passive, and it's a passive so dependent on what dragons spawn/your own teams ability to take dragons.

If they tacked it on to her Ultimate as a passive, maybe, MAYBE it would be better with reduced numbers. It's a cool passive conceptually-but it's also a bad one because of the reasons mentioned above.

the fact that my team can get a drag while I am dead and I still get the buff <3.

That doesn't change any of my criticism though. It's still a snowball passive, and it's still nonexistent until/if her dragon gets dragon.

Like I said, conceptually it's a neat idea. But it's just a bad skill.

TheFlow

Banned
That doesn't change any of my criticism though. It's still a snowball passive, and it's still nonexistent until/if her dragon gets dragon.

Like I said, conceptually it's a neat idea. But it's just a bad skill.

I have no problem with a snowball passive. especially on my main.

i don't think breezy quite knows what snowball means haha

this is 'inside joke' all over again

you know what a snowball is

it gets bigger and keeps getting bigger.

A stat buff like Nasus' Q or Shyvanas passive that keeps stacking without stopping is snowball. if shyvana gets a dragon, then not only does she get gold+her team gets a buff, but she gets another buff on top of it. IE snowballs in power.

zky I don't think you understand some phrases. not meaning to offend but between the meaning of 'inside joke' and 'snowball'..here we are.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
No. You're using the term snowball too loosely breezy.

That being said, I'm fine with Shyv actually having that passive. At first glance some of those numbers really broken but overall they're actually fine.

No. You're using the term snowball too loosely breezy.

That being said, I'm fine with Shyv actually having that passive. At first glance some of those numbers really broken but overall they're actually fine.

But it's still part of the term, yes? A snowball is an increase of stats to the enemy teams chagrin. In this case, take a dragon, and get not only a teamwide buff, but a personal buff as well.

That is what dragons are there for, to provide stats that can snowball you to a faster victory.

And no, it's not incorrect usage lol. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

Give me YOUR definition of snowball.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
But it's still part of the term, yes? A snowball is an increase of stats to the enemy teams chagrin. In this case, take a dragon, and get not only a teamwide buff, but a personal buff as well.

That is what dragons are there for, to provide stats that can snowball you to a faster victory.

And no, it's not incorrect usage lol. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

Give me YOUR definition of snowball.

Bro. That means everything is snowballing lol.

Snowballing in League primarily means taking a small lead and transitioning that into a compounding large lead that the enemy will have an extremely difficult time dealing with. A good example of snowballing would be leaving Nasus farming top and giving him kills. That's going to accelerate the growth of Nasus exponentially faster than him just farming under turret.

Bro. That means everything is snowballing lol.

Snowballing in League primarily means taking a small lead and transitioning that into a compounding large lead that the enemy will have an extremely difficult time dealing with. A good example of snowballing would be leaving Nasus farming top and giving him kills. That's going to accelerate the growth of Nasus exponentially faster than him just farming under turret.

And replace Shyvana with that.

What was a small lead before(Dragon buff) will now be a larger lead for Shyvana and it's going to accelerate her power faster than, say, Rek'sai taking dragon for their team. It's a snowball on a personal level, but a snowball nevertheless.

Except for cloud drake. Cloud Drake just sucks even in this form lol. If you don't think baked in true damage, tower resistance, or cooldown reduction isn't something that can realistically snowball her, then I don't know what to tell you lol.

TheFlow

Banned
She is going to snowball if she gets lots of drags and will be worse than she already is if she gets 1 or less.

I like what they are doing but can't fully judge it yet because it hasn't even hit the pbe. I am looking for any excuse to bust her out though over Olaf and sej

Have you guys seen those numbers? Those aren't insane numbers.... They're not going to snowball the game.

A snowball is a snowball. The tower dive one in particular, 10% is actually pretty strong at rank 1. True damage...cooldown reduction. It's nothing to scoff at.

Like I said, it won't make her overpowered, but having a snowball stat stick for a passive is really...unhealthy.

Mothman91

So those new unique passives for the % more to heals/shields. Tha'ts unique to just that item right? Because I've played Nami twice with like 3 of those unique passives, and was wondering. It would be unique in general if it shared 1 name for the passive right?

TheFlow

Banned
So those new unique passives for the % more to heals/shields. Tha'ts unique to just that item right? Because I've played Nami twice with like 3 of those unique passives, and was wondering. It would be unique in general if it shared 1 name for the passive right?
Same name passives don't stack I believe for the healing stuff.

Ardent and crudibe share the same item so the passive from that item doesn't stack

well a friend that I was helping out with some shit in matlab told me to do something that calculates the new lethality shit as a joke.

ended up doing this super shitty android app download if you want to review the code to be safe, or just want to see the kind of shitty code I pull in under 3 minutes: https://github.com/Octavio9052/bernylol

i did warn you it's garbage code/app, but it does work. (Unless you put a big number and shit, no validations in place lol)

edit kitkat and newer

zkylon

zkylewd
latest ask riot is very interesting

i really liked the last question and their answer, i never saw there being a more grounded reason why some ppl use swords and others use guns, and i appreciate the one they chose and i'm curious if they ever explore more stuff in that space. like i like the idea of noxus getting all into guns and maybe crushing demacia because demacians are too set in their ways or something

drawkcaB

I like the overall idea of Shyvana's new passive. Good theming and gives her a unique trait in the jungle. We'll see about those numbers though.

Her old passive was pretty shite as well. I'd rather have potential bonuses from dragons than resistances that don't really matter much by the time you get them.

killatopak

Gold Member
New Akali is complete garbage. The delay on her Q is game breakingly bad.

yes. I hate her new passive. Her ult can't be used consecutively as well. Her E can be used to farm but bad at teamfights.

Only her W has been improved. The rest degraded.

Top Bottom