• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

scy

switching between forms on a whim would be terrible from a gameplay perspective. You'd have to differentiate between 10 different coloured particles for the entire game. At least now you only need to know 3, but it's still tough and they're at least around for a specific amount of time.

No, I don't mean switching forms in-game on a whim but players switching forms on their own whims. It seems like most the response to the skin is centered more on which form is their favoritest and how to route it every time rather than "I feel like X this game."

zkylon

zkylewd
lmao: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...trox_is_so_bad_that_tryndamere_doesnt_give_a/

I like the thematic behind giving Lux a variety to pick from, sort of this "many beams of light from a prism" sort of thing. I kind of think they have too many colors, or could have combined differently (7 base colors of the rainbow, combine those to get the last 3) but that's another thing entirely.

I imagine the biggest divide is here though. I like the way using the skin is setup where you gradually unlock a new form. I think they wimped out a little and could have let it go through more stages or let you freely move through the options after a point but I think that's more a testament to how much I'd like to use all of them rather than some.

I can agree that at an individual level, each shard or element or whatever of Lux isn't an Ultimate skin. But you don't get just the one? The way I see it is the whole package fits her thematic as various refractions of light. They maybe could have embraced that idea a bit more / lampshaded it better maybe but I'd say it's a very fitting choice of champion to give this many shades to.

If I had to leverage any real "Seriously Riot, why?" is pretty much that it wasn't Prismatic Lux instead of Elementalist. I think you can still tie the Elementals to the colors but I think the options thematically fit best if it stuck to Light-related imagery to the naming and visuals to it.
i actually like this idea. it makes a lot more sense from a thematic pov and if there were less skins they could've feel more unique. the different personalities would be nice if she actually displayed them in the animations and vfx, vo is nice but the other stuff would've really sold that concept. obviously doing that for 10 different skins would be really expensive but no one actually asked for 10 different skins, so reducing the quantity to 7 would maybe let them have different idle and walking animations, who knows.

it totally is a case of quantity vs quality, as well as the terrible switching minigame, so i 100% think just a 1820 dark lux would've been way better than this

switching between forms on a whim would be terrible from a gameplay perspective. You'd have to differentiate between 10 different coloured particles for the entire game. At least now you only need to know 3, but it's still tough and they're at least around for a specific amount of time.
let me choose out of the ten and put a significant cooldown (10m) on it. if you want make it so that you can only switch forms 3 times so it's the same as the current version

this shitty minigame is a nightmare, having restricted access to the skin you paid 30 dollars for is not "fun"

global laugh and i'll buy it
this would've been cool if the laugh wasn't super lame compared to the original

It doesn't have to be on a whim, just give me the option to skip the minigame bullshit.

For example, why not make it so having one of the summoner icons equipped give you the form you want from the beginning? Or say, start at Light but allow me to immediatly change to one of the base elements, cutting the minigame by half?

I don't want to be forced to play with what is essentially a legendary version of Lux, I want Fire, I want Water, I want Magma and so on and if I ever feel like using light then I'll do that.

this is uncalled for, ppl at riot are human beings, they make mistakes, have feelings and care just like you, so don't be an asshole

also you're looking at numbers without thinking, her passive deals more dmg than pretty much every spell in the game, that's why the numbers on her regular spells are low

No, it really doesn't make sense that ult W does less damage than regular W before level 16 and that regular Q is the weakest damage spell, while ult Q is the strongest mimic in most situations. That's just poor design. Having a Q spell be completely subservient to a passive is also plain bad design (especially when the other spells have almost the same interaction with said passive).

I've played her a bit more and I think I can stomach most of the changes now. With a few small buffs and QoL changes she will be fun again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aatrox needs a rework. If Riot doesn't want him to be a drain tank, then change him.
I dunno. Why bother? Completely hollow, off-putting and derivative from a visual/personality design standpoint and there's nothing unique in his kit that is worth salvaging.

See ok

So Aatrox

Let's retool him to be more of a Bruiser.

His passive is he gets a blood shield when he reaches 30% health. 30 second cooldown. His auto attacks reduce the cooldown by 4/5/6.

Q-Aatrox uses his wings to dash forward and then dash back, doing X damage in the first dash, and 150% of that damage on the dash back.

W-aatrox quickly attacks twice fast dealing Bonus damage. 5 second cooldown. Deals 100% bonus damage to monsters and minions. Procs on-hit affects.

E-Aatrox shoots a spell of blood forward, causing him to switch places with the enemy champion hit. Doesn't hit minions, does no damage.

R-Aatrox unleashes a circular torrent of blood in a huge area around him, blinding everyone for 4 seconds. 40 second cooldown.

jerd

I dunno. Why bother? Completely hollow, off-putting and derivative from a visual/personality design standpoint and there's nothing unique in his kit that is worth salvaging.

Yeah it'd have to be a sion/Poppy level rework but even poppy kept her E and sion kept health stacking amd his shield

They basically have to decide how long they want to let a 6300 ip champ rot. I think it's really cool that they're giving all these basically free champs modern kits but I think it'd make a lot more sense to ground up an expensive champ that's in just as bad a spot

zkylon

zkylewd
well u know, why not make him into something cool

i think the darkin are kind of a cool concept, i could see him being refitting into a more interesting character, do some side stories about ezreal finding out about him and shit and then give him a kit that's got something original to him

u can't like just abandon him lol

i think the darkin are kind of a cool concept, i could see him being refitting into a more interesting character, do some side stories about ezreal finding out about him and shit and then give him a kit that's got something original to him

They abandoned Yorick for 5 fucking years.

They can abandon champions, and have done so in the past.

zkylon

zkylewd
They abandoned Yorick for 5 fucking years.

They can abandon champions, and have done so in the past.
they didn't abandon yorick, they prioritized other champions over him (remember they reworked other champions like poppy and sion before) before they eventually got to reworking him

there's a post on their devblog that says it takes them around 9 months to rework a champion, so think that they probably just don't have the right concept for the big aatrox rework he deserves

they didn't abandon yorick, they prioritized other champions over him (remember they reworked other champions like poppy and sion before) before they eventually got to reworking him

there's a post on their devblog that says it takes them around 9 months to rework a champion, so think that they probably just don't have the right concept for the big aatrox rework he deserves

I am still salty Sona took a rework alonside a stealthy VU before real VUs started with other champs

After more Leblanc play I'm starting to come around to the rework. Build tanky (RoA, Rylai, Abyssal) seems to be the way to go. Old Leblanc could do all the flashy jukes and stuff, but it usually took a backseat to the faceroll burst combo. Now you're kind of forced to play tricky to be successful, which is really satisfying when you pull it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJEkDkK_ps

Awesome replay of Maple playing it (50 seconds is where it starts getting good). If you were that fed before you would just Q,R, W/E to kill anything. Now you have to jump in and out of the fight and really try to outplay. It nails the "deceiver" fantasy they were trying to emphasize.

zkylon

zkylewd
I am still salty Sona took a rework alonside a stealthy VU before real VUs started with other champs
sona will probably need yet another rework to finally nail down

After more Leblanc play I'm starting to come around to the rework. Build tanky (RoA, Rylai, Abyssal) seems to be the way to go. Old Leblanc could do all the flashy jukes and stuff, but it usually took a backseat to the faceroll burst combo. Now you're kind of forced to play tricky to be successful, which is really satisfying when you pull it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJEkDkK_ps

Awesome replay of Maple playing it (50 seconds is where it starts getting good). If you were that fed before you would just Q,R, W/E to kill anything. Now you have to jump in and out of the fight and really try to outplay. It nails the "deceiver" fantasy they were trying to emphasize.
i doubt ppl will be building roa on leblanc

i'll give her another shot, i got super fed on my only game on her and whatever, but i really hated how she felt, i really dislike that i have to unlearn 3 years of playing leblanc

i doubt ppl will be building roa on leblanc

i'll give her another shot, i got super fed on my only game on her and whatever, but i really hated how she felt, i really dislike that i have to unlearn 3 years of playing leblanc

You watch the replay? @ 4:00 might be the best Leblanc play I've seen. Maple is so good.

I was opposed to RoA too, but you really need to survive and get that sigil off. Lack of cdr early really hurts, but late game you won't get 3 shot by the adc before doing your damage.

I feel like her job now is to be Tracer; win by being really annoying.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love that idea (since it's exactly what i said they should do with her), i just wish they had actually given her more tools instead of just making her really slow at killing ppl

Finally got lvl7 with Nami.

---

don't know how I feel about the change for caster supports. Mikaels is probably a lot fairer now but the lack of heal takes away part of the fun element of saving your ADC or anyone else.

The other items I've not made mind up on yet fully.

Leezard

Finally got lvl7 with Nami.

---

don't know how I feel about the change for caster supports. Mikaels is probably a lot fairer now but the lack of heal takes away part of the fun element of saving your ADC or anyone else.

The other items I've not made mind up on yet fully.

For Nami, Redemption -> Locket -> Athenes is great if there's not enough high priority cc for Mikael. I typically get Eye of the Watchers and Mobi/Swiftness boots some time inbetween.

No, it really doesn't make sense that ult W does less damage than regular W before level 16 and that regular Q is the weakest damage spell, while ult Q is the strongest mimic in most situations. That's just poor design. Having a Q spell be completely subservient to a passive is also plain bad design (especially when the other spells have almost the same interaction with said passive).

I've played her a bit more and I think I can stomach most of the changes now. With a few small buffs and QoL changes she will be fun again.
Of course it makes sense. Mimic W is meant to be extra mobility, not damage. Regular Q does little damage by itself because its your main way of getting a passive proc. It also does not have the same interaction because Q can AoE proc her passive while her other spells can't besides mimic W.

Xeilyn

New Kat feels pretty good, i thought she felt clunky at first since you're screwed if you miss a dagger reset but once you get going she feels great

zkylon

zkylewd
What Sona needs is a real rework. Enough of this number dancing bullshit, change how her abilities work or leave her in the dumpster forever.
yeah it's hard

the only interesting things about sona are passive and ult, and passive is reliant on basic spells having low cd, which means they'll effectively always be low impact

but they could maybe just do two spells that are short cd and then rework a third into something bigger impact with stronger cc

idk, i would have to think hard about this since she needs a lot of work but she's also kind of enjoyed by a lot of ppl and is sort of acceptable right now

Of course it makes sense. Mimic W is meant to be extra mobility, not damage. Regular Q does little damage by itself because its your main way of getting a passive proc. It also does not have the same interaction because Q can AoE proc her passive while her other spells can't besides mimic W.

it is weird that r w does less dmg than w lol, that's kind of shitty and hard to manage

but that's not a big deal, they can fix that easy

Talents

Banned
I don't see the point of auto fill. Like what's the point in making someone play a role they can't play? It's not gonna be fun for that person or their team, instead their team just rage at them even though they're playing a role they have 0 clue how to play.

I don't see the point of auto fill. Like what's the point in making someone play a role they can't play? It's not gonna be fun for that person or their team, instead their team just rage at them even though they're playing a role they have 0 clue how to play.
Because people want to have matches in off-hours within their lifespan

Talents

Banned
Because people want to have matches in off-hours within their lifespan

Just let people turn auto fill off then with a warning saying their queue times will increase drastically. Like I don't care if I have to wait an hour for a match if I can get my primary role often.

Just let people turn auto fill off then with a warning saying their queue times will increase drastically. Like I don't care if I have to wait an hour for a match if I can get my primary role often.
It doesn't work like that. The system needs everyone for matchmaking otherwise there's no point.

Besides give the people the option to opt out and they will opt out.

Talents

Banned
Like this shit isn't fun for anyone.

Lv6UR6A.jpg

don't worry

ranked will be the new normals. you will play it and say 'wow it's the same exact thing as a normal' and it will be enjoyable. and you will no longer have long queue times.

dimb

It's better not to get swept up in sunk cost fallacy. There is limited room to work with when it comes to Aatrox compared to the exceptionally old kits like Sion. Aatrox is pretty well defined but he never really picked up a fan base, and the kit is just not interesting enough to merit an overhaul. At a certain point it is better to just make a new champion instead of rehashing ideas that failed to hit the first time around.

It's better not to get swept up in sunk cost fallacy. There is limited room to work with when it comes to Aatrox compared to the exceptionally old kits like Sion. Aatrox is pretty well defined but he never really picked up a fan base, and the kit is just not interesting enough to merit an overhaul. At a certain point it is better to just make a new champion instead of rehashing ideas that failed to hit the first time around.

They should just buff him up again to be slightly higher than his launch numbers

dimb

They should just buff him up again to be slightly higher than his launch numbers
His style of play is not really healthy for the game so there's no reason to tempt fate and buff him. If people really want to play him he's still there.

His style of play is not really healthy for the game so there's no reason to tempt fate and buff him. If people really want to play him he's still there.

Game needs more toxicity in play styles

Shock it in the butt, I say. Stoke the flames under the meta.

Switching broken shit for broken shit won't change a thing. Buff Aatrox and make him good, now he's pick or ban instead of something else, yay?

Top Bottom