• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

So I haven't really been playing lately, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that you get mastery points in ARAM now. Did that happen in the last patch?

Leezard

So I haven't really been playing lately, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that you get mastery points in ARAM now. Did that happen in the last patch?

It happened during the current patch, actually. It's great that you can get chests more easily now.

We should all post the top 5 things we love about Rengar's champion design.

He's a lion man.
No mana.
Snowball assassin.
Kha'Zix quest.
He's a lion man.

PAD27rE.gif

Calvero

Banned
Stay away i got sucked in for a second but i'm free now don't do it those threads turn into graveyards its inevitable

Oh hell no. I didn't even dare talk about LoL or DOTA. Just chatted about HoN with a guy on there.

and informed people about our lord and savior STRIFE

Yeah. Generally these threads are started by a shit post and it devolves into misinformed & uninformed fans of both games having a pissing content that nobody cares about.

avoid like the plague

jerd

That thread has an easy answer: accessibility. They reached that in the first few posts and now it has devolved into everything from "waifu simulator" to "no replays in 2016" and garbage client.

Those threads suck because 95% of the people in them have only played one game or the other so all they know is the shit talk that goes on and all the misconceptions that they hear from their respective communities.

Yeah. Generally these threads are started by a shit post and it devolves into misinformed & uninformed fans of both games having a pissing content that nobody cares about.

avoid like the plague

Yeah it didn't help that the OP was basically "League is more successful" so I think a lot of people started out on the defensive.

Calvero

Banned
Yeah, it definitely is a shitpost

Now let's look at the list of things that LoL objectively has over Dota 2:
It came out first.

OP bailed after the first page when Mods called him out on it lol

That thread has an easy answer: accessibility. They reached that in the first few posts and now it has devolved into everything from "waifu simulator" to "no replays in 2016" and garbage client.

Those threads suck because 95% of the people in them have only played one game or the other so all they know is the shit talk that goes on and all the misconceptions that they hear from their respective communities.

Yeah, threads like that are echo chambers for people to hate on the other game.

jerd

Yeah, it definitely is a shitpost

OP bailed after the first page when Mods called him out on it lol

Lol i didn't even see that that is a whole other can of worms

I think I want to start playing support. How do I not suck at support?

Calvero

Banned
I just realized that the MAC client is still technically in Beta. lmao

I think I want to start playing support. How do I not suck at support?

Buy a sightstone, always. I'm sure it changes depending on elo though. For example, in Silver right now, I feel being confident in harassing enemy laners works really well. It scares them off a bunch and makes them back off. They basically zone themselves. Then proper ward coverage because they'll probably ask their jungler to come help relieve pressure from the lane.

Oh and remember to get your red trinket when you buy sightstone!! I always forget, but ever since Ghost told me about it, I try to be more conscious of it.

Now I'm in a Gamergate thread, its like I'm having a ban withdrawal and need a fix

Anyways, I'm feeling like playing Trist again. Hopefully she's less shit than when I stopped playing her

Hard

Banned
Thank weezy for Neogaf hide thread

The LoL/Dota thread

ignored

The Days Gone thread

ignored

OT's for games I have no interest in

ignored

The Zoe Quinn thread

super duper ignored

nothing good ever happens when I post in those threads

so i ignore em

outta sight outta fuckin mind

Hope the next new champ they release is a top laner (oooor female Ninja Yordle ... to round out the rpg trope line up of female Yordle's. Poppy-Melee tank with BIG hammer/ Trist- Ranged DPS with BIG gun/ Lulu- Mage or Sup with BIG staff/ Ninja with a big ass weapon please)

But I think the next new champ will be a support. Illaoi is the oldest "new" champ that I can think of that's too new to have a new skin (she can prob get a new one now that Kindred got a new one) but is older than the newest champs so I take it they don't plan to make another top anytime should.

That being said it seems like TK and Bard were released not to far apart so who knows. If the next new champ is a sup I do hope they go the Bard/ Thresh play maker route or the TK can-be-played-offmeta-top-or-sup route.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the earth bender's Win-rate is getting good. I still think her kit is a messy bag of clunky, disjointed things smashed together but I guess buffing the wave clear of a "roaming champ" who doesn't seem to have any GOOD match ups in mid lane is enuff to make the difference. Maybe I'll play her some day.

Hope the next new champ they release is a top laner (oooor female Ninja Yordle ... to round out the rpg trope line up of female Yordle's. Poppy-Melee tank with BIG hammer/ Trist- Ranged DPS with BIG gun/ Lulu- Mage or Sup with BIG staff/ Ninja with a big ass weapon please)

But I think the next new champ will be a support. Illaoi is the oldest "new" champ that I can think of that's too new to have a new skin (she can prob get a new one now that Kindred got a new one) but is older than the newest champs so I take it they don't plan to make another top anytime should.

That being said it seems like TK and Bard were released not to far apart so who knows. If the next new champ is a sup I do hope they go the Bard/ Thresh play maker route or the TK can-be-played-offmeta-top-or-sup route.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the earth bender's Win-rate is getting good. I still think her kit is a messy bag of clunky, disjointed things smashed together but I guess buffing the wave clear of a "roaming champ" who doesn't seem to have any GOOD match ups in mid lane is enuff to make the difference. Maybe I'll play her some day.

you might be happy

or you might not

or you might be REALLY happy

it's definitely not a support tho

Luigi87

I can honestly say that there is no champ I hate having on the enemy team more than Udyr.
UGH

I mean my team won the latest game (killed Udyr, went Baron, then 3/5 of my team rushed the enemy base while they got Elder Drag... and no one defended, lol) but still, UGH

Also gonna go watch the 3rd/4th Summer LCS finals live in Toronto with friends, so that's nice at least.

Luigi87

I love Udyr on the enemy team because without Sated Devourer most Udyr players are too shite to actually jungle so that's a freebie.

This is true.

This one though... He went AP/AtkSpd Udyr (Runic + Wit's End + 33% in AtkSpd runes)

Then I guess he just started pushing lanes, because suddenly he was lv.16 when the rest of us were 13~14. He was like 1/5/3, but he had way more CS than anyone.

Top Bottom