• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Calvero

Banned
Lol i have already missed the first 25 pages, im really slacking here.
I just got graves and i have been playing him jg he seems kinda odd need to learn how to use his autos better.
I need to shit post more, got to reclaim my post number.

Graves is great for learning how to kite in the jungle because of how his autos work.

So are the new champs super kawaii desu?

taliyah is pretty kawaii yea

<3 yes!!!

zkylon

zkylewd
assassin rework coming in preseason: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Tnfw1WW6-next-class-update-the-assassins

main ideas are:
- adding counterplay
- differentiating assassins
- giving them more tools to contribute to their team than just oneshotting squishies
- less reworks, more focused (velkoz as example of an unsucessful rework)
- both ap and ad assassins
- talon almost guaranteed
- zed changes will be small if any
- targeting primary assassins (so probably not ahri, nidalee, i guess)

hope they don't take the fun out of leblanc

Leezard

assassin rework coming in preseason: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Tnfw1WW6-next-class-update-the-assassins

main ideas are:
- adding counterplay
- differentiating assassins
- giving them more tools to contribute to their team than just oneshotting squishies
- less reworks, more focused (velkoz as example of an unsucessful rework)
- both ap and ad assassins
- talon almost guaranteed
- zed changes will be small if any
- targeting primary assassins (so probably not ahri, nidalee, i guess)

Sounds good.

drawkcaB

It all sounds good until you realize want they want is to make half a dozen Ekkos. And they still haven't made his AP/assassin builds work. I'm not looking forward to this update at all.

main ideas are:
- adding counterplay GOOD! You should not be able to shit on Fizz in lane as a mage only to get one shot when he hits 6 ...
- differentiating assassins Good ..
- giving them more tools to contribute to their team than just oneshotting squishies ... I hope that doesn't mean CC. Did they not learn from Ekko that giving CC to a slippery Assassin is NO fun???
- less reworks, more focused (velkoz as example of an unsucessful rework) wut? And vel barely counts as a rework lol
- both ap and ad assassins Good ...
- talon almost guaranteed Good ...
- zed changes will be small if any Fuck! I want this champ GUTTED. He is far too safe for the dmg and wave clear he has .. >_>
- targeting primary assassins (so probably not ahri, nidalee, i guess) I thought Ahri was primary Assassin?

Thoughts in bold.

Hard

Banned
Bruiser rework needs to come first tbh but I'm fine with assassins though.

Most of them are so binary they're either oppressive (Zed) or straight up garbage (Katarina)

zkylon

zkylewd
Better change the name because an assassin that doesn't eliminate the target quickly isn't an assassin.
like i said, i wish they embrace something closer to a "trickster" class so that dmg stops being the only way an assassin contributes to their team

It all sounds good until you realize want they want is to make half a dozen Ekkos. And they still haven't made his AP/assassin builds work. I'm not looking forward to this update at all.
?

assassin ekko is fine, probably weak since he got like a billion backhanded nerfs aimed at tank ekko but his design isn't necessarily bad

Thoughts in bold.
ekko's issues have nothing to do with him being an assassin and having cc, they're 100% rito being dumb and wanting to support his tank build

if they had just set given him regular assassin scaling ekko would've been fine

ekko's issues have nothing to do with him being an assassin and having cc, they're 100% rito being dumb and wanting to support his tank build

I think that the main reason tank Ekko became a thing was because people noticed that you had CC out the ass as well as mobility and decent dmg so "why not?". I don't really think an assassin should be able to stun a group of people, get a shield and slip-n-slide their ass away.

But that's just me though. My hatred of assassins knows no end and I find it laughable that people don't bother trying to counter them more often with tanks seeing how they're basically a ticking time bomb when left alone to lane vs a Mage. So i guess I'm just strange.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I think that the main reason tank Ekko became a thing was because people noticed that you had CC out the ass as well as mobility and decent dmg so "why not?". I don't really think an assassin should be able to stun a group of people, get a shield and slip-n-slide their ass away.

But that's just me though. My hatred of assassins knows no end and I find it laughable that people don't bother trying to counter them more often with tanks seeing how they're basically a ticking time bomb when left alone to lane vs a Mage. So i guess I'm just strange.

because tanks are either the most braindead, mind numbing type of champ to play, incredibly broken, or both

jerd

That's most of the point of assassins though. That's why assassins who don't have a way out after they dive in historically haven't been as good. If an assassin is just going in getting a kill and dying then there isn't really much benefit to having one

because tanks are either the most braindead, mind numbing type of champ to play, incredibly broken, or both

Hey, the only tank I play is Sion (RiP Poppy :( ..). I feel like he's one of the most well designed tanks by a mile seeing as, ya know, his whole kit is skill shots and he's got sooo much diversity in what he can build.

I will say that I tried Maokai and find him to be ... so uninteresting outside of a group setting. Not fun at all unless there's tons of people around you or you're laning against a Spammy ass Riven or something.

Calvero

Banned
when you pick an OP mid laner and lose anyway
8tdbW1D.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd

i mean, sure if you want, but tank akali was a thing and tank katarina was a thing also and they don't have shit for cc

reality is when a champion deals more damage than they should and is able to get away with building tanky then ppl will build them tanky

it's safer, more reliable and just stronger

also you're talking about ekko like he's leblanc or something

ekko as a squishy short ranged assassin needs to go deep and should be rewarded for doing so

his problem has never been he has too much cc lol

In mid lane no. Veigar is the king of that.
nah, vlad is op everywhere

Calvero

Banned

CC was just icing on the cake. His CC isn't the most reliable, since you have to be really good at timing his Parallel Convergence in order to be good at it.

drawkcaB

?

assassin ekko is fine, probably weak since he got like a billion backhanded nerfs aimed at tank ekko but his design isn't necessarily bad

You're dead wrong on this. His kit requires tankiness to fully unlock. Everything is delayed. His Q is delayed. His 3-hit passive is delayed. The passive on W benefits more from being to apply multiple AAs than it does from being strong through AP scaling. Being tanky makes his stun way easier to land. Damage on his ult requires that he be in the mix for 4 seconds, minimum. That's death for a squishy. His immediate burst isn't actually that good, but extend a few second more and it's amazing. Need tankiness for that. When maximizing Ekko's potential you're always better off getting multiple rotations of his abilities than a single, strong rotation.

It's not because he has CC. Everything is delayed and he benefits more from being durable than anything else. His total AP ratios across his passive and basic abilities are among the very top in the game but his AP builds are still crap and have gotten statistically worse. All his best items are still tank items.

Riot isn't supporting his tank build. It's the only fucking build that actually works within the constraints of his kit.

Hard

Banned
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.

Fed Swain the worst thing I have ever had the displeasure to play against. Please gut Rito

zkylon

zkylewd
survey hinting at maybe rune system to be free in the future

tldr is:
- all runes are free for everyone
- you get cosmetic chests according to how much ip you spent on runes
- ppl that went really crazy about runes get a special icon and runelord volibear skin with a special chroma
- rp refunds for ppl that bought rune pages with rp

the way they make it sound is really good if it ever happens, runes are still gonna be kind of crap but it's a shitty leftover of a shitty system that should've gone the way of the rune combiner years ago

making the chests cosmetic only is interesting, since it's essentially making a weird ip -> rp conversation, but it also feels like a nice reward for tolerating the system for so long, and they also have their bases covered by offering rp refunds for ppl that bought rune pages with rp

would love to see this happen, i would rather see runes removed entirely but this is good enough

You're dead wrong on this. His kit requires tankiness to fully unlock. Everything is delayed. His Q is delayed. His 3-hit passive is delayed. The passive on W benefits more from being to apply multiple AAs than it does from being strong through AP scaling. Being tanky makes his stun way easier to land. Damage on his ult requires that he be in the mix for 4 seconds, minimum. That's death for a squishy. His immediate burst isn't actually that good, but extend a few second more and it's amazing. Need tankiness for that. When maximizing Ekko's potential you're always better off getting multiple rotations of his abilities than a single, strong rotation.

It's not because he has CC. Everything is delayed and he benefits more from being durable than anything else. His total AP ratios across his passive and basic abilities are among the very top in the game but his AP builds are still crap and have gotten statistically worse. All his best items are still tank items.

Riot isn't supporting his tank build. It's the only fucking build that actually works within the constraints of his kit.
i get what u mean but i disagree that he's unplayable as ap since he's always had decent winrates midlane. not great, but neither does leblanc, yet she's more than playable. he's got movespeed for days, shields, spammable slows, his e dash, his ult and zhonyas if he needs tools to survive. let's not be hyperbolic about a champion that's always been ok, in fact faker played him as an ap assassin not a month ago

tankiness makes him broken. the whole "unlock his potential" talk is the same to me as saying that tryndamere required ap to unlock his full potential. it's an unintended way of playing the champion, it might be optimal or regular play might be weak but it existing is bad for the game and everyone playing it

i can agree that itemization kind of leaves champions like ekko in a weird spot since aside from zhonyas and abyssal he's left with nothing to protect himself but that might be one of the things the assassin rework is gonna bring (hope it's more successful than duskblade)

it's interesting to think that riot themselves branded him as belonging to the same class as yasuo and riven rather than leblanc or zed

maybe they plan on doing something for those champions too

faridmon

Fucking GBP is tanking and I hope it doesn't increase the price of RP.

I might buy RP points once I wake up,

Fuck you LEAVE people.

jerd

Making runes free or creating a similar free system would be the best thing ever

AP ekko is the best. Most rewarding champion in the game when played properly imo

Nekofrog

Banned
i'd gladly take the RP hit that went into buying rune pages on every account i have if it meant i could just edit runes in champ select

tldr is:
- ppl that went really crazy about runes get a special icon and runelord volibear skin with a special chroma

the way they make it sound is really good if it ever happens, runes are still gonna be kind of crap but it's a shitty leftover of a shitty system that should've gone the way of the rune combiner years ago

making the chests cosmetic only is interesting, since it's essentially making a weird ip -> rp conversation, but it also feels like a nice reward for tolerating the system for so long, and they also have their bases covered by offering rp refunds for ppl that bought rune pages with rp

would love to see this happen, i would rather see runes removed entirely but this is good enough

Oh man

I would get bank

I have 20 rune pages, hundreds of runes(That I've spent thousands upon thousands of IP), the majority of rune pages I brought with IP...

Bring it on. And bring on Dragon Master Swain too.

Leezard

no fucking s.
less than 50% kill participation, pls

tldr is:

Sounds great. I like the customization part and wouldn't like runes to be removed, but removing the barrier of entry for runes is great.
Fucking GBP is tanking and I hope it doesn't increase the price of RP.

I might buy RP points once I wake up,

Fuck you LEAVE people.

Brexit is crazy.

GBP tanking, so we can import cheap stuff from the UK? Time to check out more UK based sites.

Top Bottom