• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Hard

Banned
Popular? Probably another flashy, super-high skill-cap champion that'll be the bane of bronzies and challengers alike.

jerd

Popular? Probably another flashy, super-high skill-cap champion that'll be the bane of bronzies and challengers alike.

Riot said before jhin their focus for a while would be lower skill cap champs. Of course the Lee sins and threshes of the world are always the most popular so who knows

you might be happy

or you might not

or you might be REALLY happy

it's definitely not a support tho
Hmmm, one of the times where my post looks like mom's spaghetti was thrown at the wall in terms of topics gets a tease.

WP lol

Kennen aint a girl ... and though I like him he's about as much of a ninja as Power Rangers: Ninja Storm are ninjas (STILL gotta figure out how to play him. I just can't seem to accept that he has shitty wave clear ... I feel like he should have GREAT wave clear but you don't get that til like 40% CDR and even then you gotta W twice after Eing a wave :/) .

He seems like a lightning mage with a ninja theme tossed over him. I mean, throwing ninja stars can only count so much towards ninja cred. He's not sneaky at all and his ult is a legit Kool-aid man move. Awesome, but not ninja like.

Hard

Banned
The last Yordle was Gnar, nearly 2 years ago (August 2014). Before that was Lulu (March 2012), and Ziggs (Feb 2012).

I think we're due for another one.

When was the last time we had a new support champ?

Feels like ages.

Tahm Kench (July 2015).

zkylon

zkylewd
<Consistently required to land bubbles in lane
<14s cooldown and maxed last

Lol

Nami suffers from same issues that Soraka does.

Sona doesn't suffer from these issues because all her damage is in her low range power chord.
? i didn't say that?

i never mentioned lane and i said you needed to hit e first to consistently land bubbles

disagree with me all you want but don't just make up stuff

i feel like i would've wanted to see some charts in there to go along the article, just to make it easier to digest

also personally i feel like the article (deficio's article about general midlane tips) are aimed at more uninformed audiences which is fine but i kind of wish there was a bit of a deeper dive into some of these topics, like why are azir and viktor so popular again, what are teams' answers to them and maybe what happens when they're both banned.

also i liked the first blood and jungle synergy part a lot, that stuff felt pretty interesting and i'm kind of wondering what the stats look for other teams (tho mostly korean teams :>)

Hard

Banned
Ha

The last Swain skin was in 2012.

You ain't due nothing till Swain gets his.

At least Swain is meta. Interior Crocodile Alligator has been neglected for over a year now :^(

I'd like Renek's W to get % armor pen like Darius does, that would be dope

faridmon

The last Yordle was Gnar, nearly 2 years ago (August 2014). Before that was Lulu (March 2012), and Ziggs (Feb 2012).

I think we're due for another one.

Tahm Kench (July 2015).

According to the "list by release" in the store it was TK who was released before Kindred.

God thats right.

The fact that feels like ages shows how many champs Riot keeps releasing at a constant rate.

Keep up the good work Riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
you might be happy

or you might not

or you might be REALLY happy

it's definitely not a support tho

blink twice for scythe girl

You need a mech skin too so would rumble be best choice?
no, ew, gross

it's ahri, d.va is korean, ahri is korean, d.va has fake whiskers, ahri has fake whiskers

it's just ahri in an eva jumpsuit

how hard can that be rito

cmonnnn

Catfights in the League/DOTA thread on Gaming side :^)
yum

i love it when idiots out themselves

I did write an essay of a forum post when Morello said Riot was working on such a champion when he joined.

Alas, here I stand scythegrilless

Talents

Banned
Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage Lightning mid laner, Kennen is garbage

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty sure they must have like 200 discarded champion designs that looked awesome at some point or another

but yea scythe girl, cmon costy

i know it's 100% up to you

patchday

Speaking of Viktor, the Machine Herald does take the crown for being the joint-most picked champion in the EU LCS, with 31 picks across the 60 games that have been played so far. Viktor fits into most compositions and seems to be the jack of all trades in the mid lane, and with 15 wins and 16 losses, his win rate is decidedly unspectacular. Most of those wins came from H2K&#8217;s Ryu who has played it in 7 out of 12 games, boasting 5 wins and only 2 losses on the champion. That&#8217;s a stark contrast to Giants&#8217; Night and Unicorns of Love&#8217;s Exileh who are dragging his win rate down; they&#8217;ve played 5 games between them on Viktor (Night 3, Exileh 2) and have won&#8230; none of them. Perhaps one to avoid in the future, chaps.

Lol that's just cold. I like the article!

edit: more feedback- I really thought the stats were really great. It really emphasizes how important the synergy between jungler and mid is

Hard

Banned
I'm done for the night, let's play some games.

Last game was a 41-minute win as Maokai. Our friendly Jinx got big around mid-game and I just sat in front of her while she reeled off a penta. Thanks for the LP m8

Talents

Banned
Holy shit, this guy I know is so tilted. He has went from D1 50 lp to D5 75lp in like 5 days. He's only won 3 out of his last 20 ranked games. I feel so bad for him.

Hard

Banned
hmm

Q6wg1j.jpg

Leezard

One thing that is interesting from that Dota vs League thread is that there appears to be a lot of people who play League on Gaf that never visit this thread.

Finally dropped back to Bronze 1 after struggling with S5, and you know what I am fine with it. Its seems I still have a lot to improve one, especially with my roaming and positioning when roaming.
I thought you couldn't demote out of Platinum and down?
One thing that is interesting from that Dota vs League thread is that there appears to be a lot of people who play League on Gaf that never visit this thread.

Comments of that vain are usually something to the tune of ' I've played/own X therefore my opinion counts' posts.

That is, they probably haven't but use it as a vessel.

faridmon

nv

Community threads is a hurdle and the idea of just posting in one seems like an arduous task, especially if you assume the fact that everyone knows everyone already.

Leezard

Comments of that vain are usually something to the tune of ' I've played/own X therefore my opinion counts' posts.

That is, they probably haven't but use it as a vessel.

I think you misunderstand what I meant. I can notice the difference in people who played it briefly and heard reddit memes since then, and the people that have up to date knowledge and seemingly play the game somewhat recently. There were more people with current knowledge on the game than I'd expect, as I have the impression that Dota is more popular on Gaf.

You can get demoted by losing, you can't get demoted by being inactive.

tanks are dead

I feel bad for Poppy ...

Got reworked into a great tank who kills tanks. Got Nerfed into the ground ... then things that she liked also got nerfed (Grasp for example). Now the meta seems to have shifted to carry/ dmg tops and so she's a nerfed-to-hell tank killer with no tanks to kill in lane. :/

Also Trundle does the whole tank-who-kills-tanks thing better seeing how he can easily build to be more of a dmg top and can duel most anyone.

jerd

Poppy at her peak was unkillable after her first Hp item, did through the roof damage, had top tier stickiness and peel, was both a lane bully and late game monster which should never happen, and could 1v3 easily,

Don't feel bad for poppy she basically controlled the meta for 3ish patches

Her W active is cool though and is good for the game hopefully they can get her to a healthy point

zkylon

zkylewd
so, i have a diamond 5 friend who's roster is:
singed
shaco
udyr
mid and support zilean
jungle teemo

my friend is not a good person

drawkcaB

I think you misunderstand what I meant. I can notice the difference in people who played it briefly and heard reddit memes since then, and the people that have up to date knowledge and seemingly play the game somewhat recently. There were more people with current knowledge on the game than I'd expect, as I have the impression that Dota is more popular on Gaf.

You can get demoted by losing, you can't get demoted by being inactive.

I think the big difference is that lots of DotA2 players on GAF were turned on to the game by all the coverage it got in the main gaming discussion forum. Their entrance into the game was via the GAF community.

I'd expect the majority of LoL-GAF players to have started playing from outside of GAF. Certainly seems that way. Even when we get new people in this thread it's never "should I try this game out, what's it like" and more of "oh hey, I've been playing this game for X months due to friends, etc. "

On the whole LoL is an odd game to me. I'm always surprised by the number of players it has worldwide. I have lots of friends IRL who game and none of them to my knowledge have even tried LoL. It sometimes feels like LoL is the biggest niche game in the world.

Leezard

I think the big difference is that lots of DotA2 players on GAF were turned on to the game by all the coverage it got in the main gaming discussion forum. Their entrance into the game was via the GAF community.

I'd expect the majority of LoL-GAF players to have started playing from outside of GAF. Certainly seems that way. Even when we get new people in this thread it's never "should I try this game out, what's it like" and more of "oh hey, I've been playing this game for X months due to friends, etc. "

On the whole LoL is an odd game to me. I'm always surprised by the number of players it has worldwide. I have lots of friends IRL who game and none of them to my knowledge have even tried LoL. It sometimes feels like LoL is the biggest niche game in the world.

Ah, that does sound reasonable. Dota2 did get to have its OT up on the main forum for months if not over a year because it was in beta for ages.

zkylon

zkylewd
i found it really interesting that even if i would consider myself the most game knowledgeable out of all of my friends (as in, i probably play the most amount of different games and keep track of releases and watch e3 and know dates games were released and other useless crap) and i still was introduced to league by ppl that were into games but that are nowhere near as deep as i am

and i feel like "core" gamers are surrounded by people like my friends that played and play a lot of videogames but don't follow the latest games and don't have a crazy computer and league streamlined the genre just enough for them while still being kind of infinitely deep/replayable/whatever, and found a way to get in their hands (like not having to register a steam account and download steam)

but you can't probably just reduce it to one point why league took off the way it did, it was kind of a perfect storm and what sounds like really smart leadership and vision for the game, even if the game design and some of the monetization stuff was very questionable at the time

but yea i think a key element of it was how league targeted being inviting (colorful game, streamlined mechanics, f2p, opening up esports, lots of regional work to make the game available like everywhere, lots of promotion to make sure more ppl than just core audiences hear about it) rather than seclusive, which was the right attitude to have and actually a pretty bold one considering how "hard core" the genre is viewed as. seeing all those ppl playing doto on netcafes and figuring out how to make 70m ppl have fun with it is probably not something that can be done without a whole lot of smart ppl behind it

Lol i have already missed the first 25 pages, im really slacking here.
I just got graves and i have been playing him jg he seems kinda odd need to learn how to use his autos better.
I need to shit post more, got to reclaim my post number.

Top Bottom