• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

It doesn't help that a Rioter said that while they wouldn't do 10 splashes for this skin that they'd do something cool with the splash.

The splash being basically just the Lux version of Fiora's splash is super disappointing.

Neol

it's not about drinking the kool aid, I was just responding to someone who called it garbo and bad

super flippant remarks that devalue something annoy me

but you're right, i shouldn't be taking it to heart, sorry. super tired this week. only had a day off coming back from Worlds and still tired, jet-lagged and cranky

I'm sorry too if I came out too harsh but it just shows the standards I have when regards to the artists and there artwork.

In reality I fully recognize the talent that goes into making this piece but it just doesn't convey what the whole skin is all about.

zkylon

zkylewd
They added base AD/AP to the mastery in 6.12, made it much better early than 2% Lifesteal and Vamp.
wow i just read the numbers, they like did like a 40% buff or something?

how did i miss this lol

What a boring splash
yeah, sadly it's about as uninspired and underwhelming as the rest of the skin :/

i was sort of hoping for an incredible splash to convince me to buy it but if anything it cemented how much of a let down this skin was

I like how her skirt is ready to lift up
i never been more proud of u

Yup.

I think this is what everyone is trying to say costy.

You shouldn't be so defensive for rito, we get you like the kool aid but saying shit like 'I wish I could create something 'bad' when nobody is saying it's technically bad is well..sad.

It doesn't get across the point of the fact that she's an elementalist. And the short skirt sucks.
wait, no, the short skirt is the best thing

BDZzLkH.png
wow that's a major nostalgia trip

i kind of like the look of that old client lol

I'd love to be able to create something that "bad" tbh
it's definitely not bad art, it's pretty and colorful, but it's far from the best riot's done

i bet it looks cool in motion if she like changes forms or something

that might redeem it

wow i just read the numbers, they like did like a 40% buff or something?

how did i miss this lol
They basically made the mastery give you 4 levels worth of AD/AP at level 1 and then scale to the same values at level 18.

it's definitely not bad art, it's pretty and colorful, but it's far from the best riot's done

i bet it looks cool in motion if she like changes forms or something

that might redeem it
She doesn't. In motion she just has wind twirl her clothes around, it's even lamer.

The only references to her other forms in the splash are the small bits of the stained glass you can see in the back.

zkylon

zkylewd
It doesn't help that a Rioter said that while they wouldn't do 10 splashes for this skin that they'd do something cool with the splash.

The splash being basically just the Lux version of Fiora's splash is super disappointing.
oh, that's a bummer, that makes this splash pretty lame

honestly i was super on board with it at first cos the designs looked great but between the minigame, the fact that all vfx are very samey and average, there's no unique animations besides recall and now this splash, i couldn't be more disappointed with this skin

i guess dj sona was always gonna be too tough of an act to follow

They basically made the mastery give you 4 levels worth of AD/AP at level 1 and then scale to the same values at level 18.
yeah that's a pretty big buff, i'm surprised i missed it considering how rabidly i consume league news lol

She doesn't. In motion she just has wind twirl her clothes around, it's even lamer.

The only references to her other forms in the splash are the small bits of the stained glass you can see in the back.
wow that's pretty crappy haha

Yup.

It doesn't get across the point of the fact that she's an elementalist. And the short skirt sucks.

I would die for see her on a toge like a decent mage, sorcerer or wizard or whatever she is

Would be nuts to create 10 splash arts that changes according to the Icon you chose, I mean whats the point of creating 10 skins but only made 1 representing them and doesnt looks like the Skin is supposed to be

I never expected 10 splashes but I expected her base splash to be something in this style:

with Light Lux in the middle and her other forms around her. Why even tease people with portraits of her other forms if you're not making a splash using them?

I would die for see her on a toge like a decent mage, sorcerer or wizard or whatever she is

Yeah. Like, in WoW, I love rocking full dresses for my mages. And it looks awesome.

The short skirt looks good, but it doesn't look...good? I'm tired of sexualized female champions in League.

with Light Lux in the middle and her other forms around her. Why even tease people with portraits of her other forms if you're not making a splash using them?

Even the animated log in only shows 3 skins of 10
We don't need 10 splash arts. That being said they can have mirages or some sort of effect depicting the elementalist nature of the skin. Instead we get... Saint Lux.

Sakura Saint Lux

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
We don't need 10 splash arts. That being said they can have mirages or some sort of effect depicting the elementalist nature of the skin. Instead we get... Saint Lux.

zkylon

zkylewd
epyhwby.png

this is really weird, i'm pretty sure i played ranked less than like 2 weeks ago?

i didn't play any ranked in flex queue cos it sounds like it's super busted

what should i do :T

Would be nuts to create 10 splash arts that changes according to the Icon you chose, I mean whats the point of creating 10 skins but only made 1 representing them and doesnt looks like the Skin is supposed to be
yeah it's understandable but it doesn't make it any less disappointing

dj sona transformed and also was a lot more animated and fun looking than lux

and this is also a problem riot created for themselves by being really silly and making 10 1350 skins instead of one 3250 skin, so we don't have to make excuses for them

Yeah. Like, in WoW, I love rocking full dresses for my mages. And it looks awesome.

The short skirt looks good, but it doesn't look...good? I'm tired of sexualized female champions in League.
a short skirt and light dress is very much in line with lux's personality and while she's still got the classic spine arc to show more boobs and butt it's pretty light on the sexualization. she also has a ton of skins that show zero skin so it's fair she gets to show what she's got for once :>

i do agree that there's too many sexually objectified female characters in league, and that's something that should be improved on by releasing more characters like illaoi and kalista and shit, but that doesn't mean that there never should be any sexy skins, it just shouldn't be the dominating style, that's for sure

also i do think there should be more skins that objectify men because i'm a pretty shallow person and like those skins a bunch

it's kind of a problem of league not having that many hot dudes, and there's only so many varus skins i can buy

Ranked update

It’s been a fast-moving week of launches, placements, fixes, and re-launches, so we wanted to take a sec and update you on what’s been going down.

First, sorry for the really weird week of Ranked. We knew something was up with Ranked Flex when we saw Diamonds landing in Bronze and Silvers in Plat, though it took us a few days to sort exactly what. We’re more confident in matchmaking quality after Monday’s downtime, but there’s still some loose ends that need to be tied off.

TL;DR: Because we crossed some wires with matchmaking (seriously, Diamonds in Bronze!), your placement was probably inaccurate and match quality wasn’t very good. We’ve rolled everyone’s MMR back to its last-known accurate state (the start of preseason), and anyone who has completed placements will need to play one more game to get re-placed.

To clarify, this is not a do-or-die placement match. It’s basically just fetching you a ranking based on your updated, not-wrong MMR. Whether this placement is higher or lower, it should be a more accurate reflection of where you’ll start your 2017 climb.

Your win/loss record remains intact, and will still factor into how you climb during preseason.

There’s one outstanding bug where if you’ve never played a ranked game of any kind on an account before, there’s a chance that you will be seeded at Bronze V no matter how your placements go. This is being fixed in 6.23, and is unlikely to affect many people, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

We’re gonna see some bumpiness as if this was the first day of preseason, but if matchmaking feels totally amiss after that, let us know -- we’ll be keeping a close eye on things. As a reminder, there will be a (much) softer reset and new placements at the beginning of the season in December.

For the curious, here’s a timeline of exactly what happened:

November 8: Ranked Flex launches globally

November 10: A number of issues crop up:
- Some players’ MMR is (obviously incorrectly) set to literally zero, meaning that matchmaking has no hope of accurately making matches for them and their placement was guaranteed to be Bronze V
- Some high-skill players lost a lot of MMR, further disrupting matchmaking quality
- A number of low-skill players are bumped upward in MMR, again ensuring severe mismatches in matchmaking
- The targets for each rank tier and division are recalculated to incorrect values as a result of the above, resulting in many players seeding too high or too low.

November 12: After two days of isolating the problems, we launched a fix aimed at solving all of the above issues. We immediately started receiving more player reports of poor matchmaking with crazy skill disparities. It was clear within hours that the fix introduced as many problems as it solved.

November 14: With a better vetted and more substantial fix ready to go, we took down Ranked Flex to implement wider changes to matchmaking. After standing it back up, issues seemed resolved and matches proved fairer across the board. We know some of you have considerably dropped, and we’re sorry for that too - but we made the call to make this reset now to avoid a situation where players get incorrectly placed at the start of the season. This prevents you landing in more unbalanced matches and unfairly climbing or dropping based on which team has more Fakers.

Nev

Banned
Oh look it's Janna. Or is it Fiora? Katarina? Vi? Syndra? Damn it's hard to distinguish them when THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME PERFECT ANIMU FACE.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
'rot portal

What a boring splash

Very disappointing. So many worthless aspects to this art work and very little that actually reflects the spirit of the skin. It's lux in a white skirt in a throne room with stained glass and rose pedals that seemingly have no origin. I'm really surprised artwork for this skin would be finalized without in some way adding something reminiscent of each element somewhere in the artwork. And that pose is so uninspiring.

"Just make her standing there looking pretty. That's enough."

A missed opportunity to be sure.

Hubb

i do agree that there's too many sexually objectified female characters in league, and that's something that should be improved on by releasing more characters like illaoi and kalista and shit, but that doesn't mean that there never should be any sexy skins, it just shouldn't be the dominating style, that's for sure

It has been a long while since a "sexy" champ was released, even longer depending on how you view each champion. 17 champions have been released since Jinx. Though I don't know why Riot couldn't make at least one of Tahm, Ivern, or Aurelion Sol female instead of male. Not enough monsters/fantastical creatures are women.

Skins are another thing entirely, but I'm also not complaining.

a short skirt and light dress is very much in line with lux's personality and while she's still got the classic spine arc to show more boobs and butt it's pretty light on the sexualization. she also has a ton of skins that show zero skin so it's fair she gets to show what she's got for once :>

So in your words this skin doesnt deserve to be an ultimate skin because the point of an ultimate skin is to be different from the champion usual skins

Talents

Banned
Flex queue doesn't affect Solo queue when it releases right? Wanna play some form of ranked but don't really wanna play it atm if it will affect my solo queue rating.

zkylon

zkylewd
luxes.jpg

here's an old good article by now-rioter gentleman gustaf about women in league: https://gentlemangustaf.com/2014/03/15/gender-representation-in-league-of-legends/

it's very good because it doesn't just say there's no room for sexy or whatever, it's just asking for a broader and fairer representation specially compared to men

i've been saying for a while that i want an old witch character like the one in spirited away. i think there should be room for females that are muscular, monstrous, disturbing, ridiculous, etc.

i mean the awesome thing about league is that riot just mixes and steals everything without any care in the world and they're so good at designing characters that somehow they make it work, so more variety couldn't hurt

i also love ahri and want every one of her skins to be super revealing cos she's super awesome and hot and she has sexy fox tails but that's ahri. not every female champion needs to be stripped of her clothes in her skins and nurse and police uniforms don't need to be stripper nurses and cops

rito will figure it out eventually

this skin is very harmless tho, i have tons of issues with it but it's not very sexualized. i appreciate it bringing back this issue but it's seriously super mild

these issues are so freaking weird lol

Oh look it's Janna. Or is it Fiora? Katarina? Vi? Syndra? Damn it's hard to distinguish them when THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME PERFECT ANIMU FACE.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
'rot portal
yeah i kind of have trouble telling it's lux

i feel lux skins should always be smiling

It has been a long while since a "sexy" champ was released, even longer depending on how you view each champion. 17 champions have been released since Jinx. Though I don't know why Riot couldn't make at least one of Tahm, Ivern, or Aurelion Sol female instead of male. Not enough monsters/fantastical creatures are women.

Skins are another thing entirely, but I'm also not complaining.
yeah i think that they've been much better at not making female champions slutty, and they've actually worked a bit on bodyshapes which is also nice, but there's lots of room to grow, specially since like you say, women are still almost always humanoid and attractive

also i just looked back a bit on skins and they've been doing pretty well with releasing tasteful female skins. there's still some slutty ones in there but that's all in good fun

So in your words this skin doesnt deserve to be an ultimate skin because the point of an ultimate skin is to be different from the champion usual skins
idk about "deserves", but it's definitely disappointing because it just feels like a collection of regular skins gated by a really garbage minigame. it's watered down because they didn't do one (or three) awesome skins, they just did ten good ones

i don't think the point of an ultimate skin is to be different, that's every skin. every skin should be unique, should explore the character from a cool new angle while staying true to their personality and style (or twisting those in interesting ways)

TheFlow

Banned
Flex queue doesn't affect Solo queue when it releases right? Wanna play some form of ranked but don't really wanna play it atm if it will affect my solo queue rating.

flex and solo are different ques.

I plan to play Flex until summer split. give me enough practice to actually go far in regular solo.

Talents

Banned
flex and solo are different ques.

I plan to play Flex until summer split. give me enough practice to actually go far in regular solo.

danke

Guess I'll just use Flex queue for fucking around and trying new shit then I guess. Normals have become pretty shit for that recently seeing as whoever wins is a lot to do with luck. Yesterday I was against a Challenger ADC where as our ADC was Gold. That was fun.

TheFlow

Banned
danke

Guess I'll just use Flex queue for fucking around and trying new shit then I guess. Normals have become pretty shit for that recently seeing as whoever wins is a lot to do with luck. Yesterday I was against a Challenger ADC where as our ADC was Gold. That was fun.
I think this is why Riot is getting rid of normal draft thanks to Flex Q. a slightly more srs mode that allows parties to play together(during the real season)

zkylon

zkylewd
i think vi and liss and jinx are all a bit objectified, vi and lizzy have unnecessary proportions and spine arcs that aren't very in line with their character (you'd imagine vi would be more muscular and bulky, and lizzy's tiny waist and cleavage on her skins feels kind of unnecessary), while jinx is kind of naked lol

quinn is ok

TheFlow

Banned
that jojo gif seems to be posted here the most and this is coming from a guy who post in jojo OT and anime OT.

hands down it makes me laugh every time though.

the Rek'sai one slayed me.

Vi is an obvious one. Liss is basically a piece of rock with cleavage so ehh?

I dunno about Jinx, I remember her getting a lot of praise for having a "new" body type, being super skinny, flat chested and all. At least I saw a lot of people in tumblr going "finally a character I can cosplay as" lol

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah gotta be glad riot didn't gave up when velkoz didn't inspire great art and tried again with illaooee

illaooee got RESULTS

Talents

Banned
you guys should see the next champion.

:)

Is it a mid lane lightning champ? That'd get me off.

Also I played 1 game of Flex and oh baby do people get annoyed even thought it's just pre season. God bless EUW flame.

Just got a Yasuo top who locked in against a Renekton and said he'd be fine and he wouldn't play aggro. Lets see how this goes.

Top Bottom