• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

drawkcaB

I'm driving myself insane. I managed to get level 3 2-buff clear in 2:45 practicing in the jungle with Nautilus but every other time I try I get closer to 3:05. What the fuck did I do to shave a whole 20s off my clear?!?

Bacon

Wow vayne feels absolutely disgusting right now. After I got one kill I was literally 3 shotting the enemy twitch in lane. J E S U S

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow vayne feels absolutely disgusting right now. After I got one kill I was literally 3 shotting the enemy twitch in lane. J E S U S

No matter what build you go after surviving laning phase, you pretty much wreck everything. And it's not even that her kit changes that really did anything. It's just a combination of shit just going fucking haywire cuz of the recent changes. The tumble change did do a fucking number tho. She suffers from laning issues however so... yeah.

ZzzzZZZzzzZ Rengar stays getting banned ZZZZzzzZZZzzzzz I hate my life ZZZZzzzZZZ

yTPebCm.jpg

I love how Riot keep putting in shit to counter AP champs. Mercurial, Maw and now Edge of Night aka the "you can't touch me, but I can kill you easily" build.

Meanwhile the only counterplay to Vayne is /ff.

Leezard

I love how Riot keep putting in shit to counter AP champs. Mercurial, Maw and now Edge of Night aka the "you can't touch me, but I can kill you easily" build.

Mages have Zhonya's, which is one of the best if not the best defensive items in the game.

Mages have Zhonya's, which is one of the best if not the best defensive items in the game.

eh

stasis items are situational. They're only useful if-

1. You get caught out and your team can intercept within 2 seconds
2. You're a tank mage and can initiate and then stasis after blowing your load
3. To counter DoTs that are in danger of killing you.
4. To counter nukes that have a travel distance.

Don't get me wrong, zhonyas is great. But it's extremely situational for the stasis-if you're not careful you get surrounded.

There are already tons of armor options for everyone, which already give higher numbers, besides the fact that not everyone gets MR growth.

Besides, Aegis items lost the aura.

Leezard

eh

stasis items are situational. They're only useful if-

1. You get caught out and your team can intercept within 2 seconds
2. You're a tank mage and can initiate and then stasis after blowing your load
3. To counter DoTs that are in danger of killing you.
4. To counter nukes that have a travel distance.

Don't get me wrong, zhonyas is great. But it's extremely situational for the stasis-if you're not careful you get surrounded.

Those are a few situations, but you get the whole flash timing aspect as well - flashing directly after a zhonyas is typically better than flashing in the middle of getting caught out. If an enemy diver manage to get to you in the middle of a team fight Zhonya's is much better than any other defensive active.

Sure Zhonya's is situational, but it's not like the other defensive items don't have situational usefulness.

Maw - huge downtime between shield uses, can get popped by a low damage spell by a physical damage dealer.
QSS - Only useful if you get caught out with long range cc or the enemies don't have follow up cc. Good way to continue to deal damage in a team fight.
Edge of Night - Does nothing if you're caught out, you need to prepare it before the fight.

All in all the two best defensive actives are QSS and Zhonya's, and Zhonya's will save you in a lot of situations QSS won't, and vice versa.

killatopak

Gold Member
he seems a bit mad lol

Edit: Okay stopped watching the stream since he's so narcissistic. Blaming someone for what they're doing and telling how dare they do that without knowing who he is. Who the fuck knows who you are when there's like 6 people watching the stream including me who's watching it for someone else.

TheFlow

Banned
he seems a bit mad lol

Edit: Okay stopped watching the stream since he's so narcissistic. Blaming someone for what they're doing and telling how dare they do that without knowing who he is. Who the fuck knows who you are when there's like 6 people watching the stream including me who's watching it for someone else.

haha we won. He would be a better player if he didn't flame teammates. Playing with high level players is something I can't turn down because it allows me to test myself. Like when I would duo with Fuzzery all the time and learn new things.

killatopak

Gold Member
I just feel like if he's streaming, he could have vented all his frustration on stream (which he did and call you guys monkeys.) and just abstain from spewing shit in chat.

I myself am kinda affected when something like that happens and I instantly turn on mute and it's especially true when I'm really having a bad game. Like I know I'm bad, no need for you to put oil in the fire.

TheFlow

Banned
I just feel like if he's streaming, he could have vented all his frustration on stream (which he did and call you guys monkeys.) and just abstain from spewing shit in chat.

I myself am kinda affected when something like that happens and I instantly turn on mute and it's especially true when I'm really having a bad game. Like I know I'm bad, no need for you to put oil in the fire.

haha amen. Our mid who had no keystone did pretty solid, and jungle leo actually did great.

Trynd and leo kept us from being snowballed.

drawkcaB

Could any of our mids give insight concerning some weird win rates since 6.21? Lots of poke champions have rocketed up the rankings (Ziggs at 55%, for example). Is this just because the new assassins are garbage so there's nothing to hold them down? New items? Some really insane increases from season 6.

Could any of our mids give insight concerning some weird win rates since 6.21? Lots of poke champions have rocketed up the rankings (Ziggs at 55%, for example). Is this just because the new assassins are garbage so there's nothing to hold them down? New items? Some really insane increases from season 6.
Nothing has really changed as far as mid lane is concerned so I'm gonna chalk it to assassins and people trying new shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i was thinking about it too when i saw ori and viktor's winrates skyrocket

might have something to do with the aegis and abyssal changes

like think that aegis changes are a roster wide 10 mr nerf. that's no joke for poke champions and mages overall

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ziggs was already pretty strong. Have not played on the new patch that much but the damage mitigation that's set up stops burst more than it does poke.

Talents

Banned
wat is this new client? 3 lobbies in a row I've been kicked from for no reason and have to suffer the dodge penalty.

An hour in and I still haven't gotten a game that someone hasn't been dodged. Got mid every lobby in a row, now I'm currently in a lobby auto filled as support. If this game starts I'm legit just afking.

Woo someone dodged.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ziggs was already pretty strong. Have not played on the new patch that much but the damage mitigation that's set up stops burst more than it does poke.
well, is not like mages don't have any burst either

for someone like ori that does both poke and two shotting supports i the aegis changes were probably pretty nice

Replays should now be live in the updated client.

If you don't see them, relog and you should be good to go!

There's a known issue where the first replay after you patch will show as expired but you should be able to relog and fix that.

There's a known issue where the first replay after you patch will show as expired but you should be able to relog and fix that.

what about sandbox tho

I want to play Yorick and reset his ult and cast it while it's up so it can be up 3 times

zkylon

zkylewd

that's awesome, finally!

is it up on all servers or just na?

Leezard

I relogged and immediately got an issue where I got no friendlist and noone can see me. :(

Top Bottom