• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Leezard

0vrSh5X.png

Friendlist is back and replays are seemingly working!

Calvero

Banned
jesus that singed support defense train is still going on Reddit. i don't understand how they defend it, when just a few months ago they were all calling for Riot to ban qtpie for playing off-meta supports.

jesus that singed support defense train is still going on Reddit. i don't understand how they defend it, when just a few months ago they were all calling for Riot to ban qtpie for playing off-meta supports.

I wish off meta picks were a thing

I really hate the whole meta enforcement riot has done with the way they've balanced the game.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

how about ban both of them for ruining the game for others zzzzzzzzz

also chat/club system in nu client is beyond useless, how were there not riots about this during the alpha wtf

Talents

Banned
Wait did Riot remove the thing where in champ select, you could type in multiple champs in the search bar so they'd all come up together? E.g. Viktor|Orianna|Ryze|Cass, it was so helpful when you didn't know what you wanted to play...

Wait did Riot remove the thing where in champ select, you could type in multiple champs in the search bar so they'd all come up together? E.g. Viktor|Orianna|Ryze|Cass, it was so helpful when you didn't know what you wanted to play...

You mean a (customizable) random select option?

Also we just launched Universe

it basically contains everything from League's... universe! Character bios, art, stories etc.

if there's anything you want to know about the world of League of Legends as we continue to flesh it out, you can find it here :)

Amazing, I wonder if Riot is gonna do a spanish version later

it basically contains everything from League's... universe! Character bios, art, stories etc.

if there's anything you want to know about the world of League of Legends as we continue to flesh it out, you can find it here :)

Amazing, to think I was doing my own version of this (of course it was just "Event" : link). That was something I thought was missing. A nexus por the new lore.

You mean a (customizable) random select option?

He means something like this:

what about sandbox tho

I want to play Yorick and reset his ult and cast it while it's up so it can be up 3 times
I was trying to practice Kat animation cancels and wall jumping and it took me like 20 minutes to be able to actually experiment with it more than once every 15 seconds.

If I didn't know sandbox was coming I'd be swearing like a sailor right now.

Hubb

Most of those people would report that singed if he was in their games. People love to talk about how they can play however they want since it is their enjoyment. You really can't though, there is no way around it. This is a team game, if you only care about your enjoyment and want to play something your way and your way only, go play a single player game.

Someone's idea of a good time could be nothing but spelling out words with blue wards, or seeing how long it takes them to run around the nexus 10x, or trolling. Hey, they are in the game playing and not afk. Sure, maybe they aren't trying their hardest to win, but as it stands most people don't play their "hardest" and try to win.

How many games go by where people play whatever champ they want in whatever role they want regardless of their team comp or the other team's? How many people play a champ for the first time in ranked? Plenty of shit is legit and slides by, but obviously there is a line that needs to be drawn otherwise the dude spelling words with blue wards is 100% ok. And I seriously doubt 99% of people would be ok with that.

That singed could have picked top or jg and wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the amount (maybe not any) of the flak he got. For whatever reason (OTP, youtube vids, some other dumb shit) he decided to queue up as support and not even make an effort at playing the role.

Here's some explorations on what Demacia could look like:

High Silvermere, a city in the rocky highlands of Demacia’s north-west -

The Citadel of Dawn, palace of Jarvan III -

The Hall of Valor, where fallen Demacian Warriors are remembered for their sacrifice -

The Temple of the Lightbringers -

The Grand Plaza of Demacia City, where its rulers are appointed to roars of acclaim from the people -

So Ahri's lore in the Universe page is a little different.

Previous lore:
In search of a solution, Ahri found the Institute of War, home of the most gifted mages on Runeterra. They offered her a chance to attain her humanity without further harm through service in the League of Legends.

New lore:
When she realized she could not overcome the pangs of her evolving morality, Ahri sought out the most gifted mages on Runeterra, in hopes of learning to channel her evolution for good.

So, yep. Just removed the reference to the Institute of War® and the League of Legends®. I was hoping they would add more.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

The Hall of Valor, where fallen Demacian Warriors are remembered for their sacrifice -

The Grand Plaza of Demacia City, where its rulers are appointed to roars of acclaim from the people -

Welcome to Minas Tirith?

zkylon

zkylewd
Should be up on all servers that have open beta, aka everyone except KR which shouldn't be much longer

nice

lol never install a client until the kinks are worked out. yah played yourselves.
i've been using the alpha on and off for months, it's never been much of a problem

I wish off meta picks were a thing

I really hate the whole meta enforcement riot has done with the way they've balanced the game.
it's funny cos riot actually created a tool for organized breaking-of the meta that left everything up to players to decide: team builder

and players kept playing the same old thing, you never ran into weird comps, you never saw any original strategies show up on reddit, nothing

there's things to be said about how riot handled team builder but i think the community proved they don't have that much imagination either

that's really cool, it's interesting that it seems to be hinting at also being a codex for info on other rito games since url and "game info" boxes

i think the format is a bit cumbersome to use cos it looks like it was made for a tablet rather than a monitor (would love a bit more keybaord navigation), but it's really nice to see all this cool art

just look at this shit

also this taliyah concept was p. cool, kind of hoping they turn it into a skin or something

taliyah_stone_weaver_tone_wip.jpg

wait

is this stuff canon or just random concept art -__-

So Ahri's lore in the Universe page is a little different.
Previous lore:
New lore:
So, yep. Just removed the reference to the Institute of War® and the League of Legends®. I was hoping they would add more.
yeah would be cool to see more of ahri's story

mcz117chief

I wonder if there will be some simple solution to modifying the new client. Modifying the old one is so easy and convenient, just swap a few files and you can have that Yasuo/Project Ashe/Project Yi log-in screen any time you want. The new client is using .wad files (can't be played in DOOM though) so I guess I will have to learn some programming to mod the game now :/

Also, I hope I will be able to mod "pick quotes" too, I hate some of the ones they use a lot, like Teemo's when he has that awesome voice from Omega Squad, same goes for Rumble, Yi, Ashe, etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
just asked, confirmed canon! Everything in Universe is canon.
ok so that what demacia looks like, not what it could look like

cool, it looks real dumb which i appreciate, massive statues and everything silver and all regal and shit

i like it

i also really liked the noxus and zaun bits, i hope they add some more stuff to ionia and freljord

and the shadow isles art was really weird, i guess the image i had in my head was a lot more spooktown than all those crazy temples and shit

Incoming League open world RPG?

Hrm

Don't see it working.

I actually devised a game design doc for how a League MMO would work. You create your character, and because you can't exactly 'Be a champion' in an MMO(nobody wants to see 10 teemos running around), you choose the 'Path of a Hero', which is basically you learn their skillset+ More to function in an MMO setting.(IE Tanks would choose the path of a champion like Garen or Galio, learn their key skills, and probably some more skills to complement a fulfilling playstyle.). And then you could learn different paths as to not keep the gameplay stale(Unlike say, WoW, where each class contends with 20+ skills, in this League MMO it would be 4 skills+passive, then 5 to complement the role, IE tanks would learn a taunt and a defensive skill), so you could switch between what you felt like doing.

zkylon

zkylewd
1BRbzYh.jpg

winter summoner's rift is gonna be so cool (i still have no idea why there's still candles in there lol)

they're apparently even tweaking some spells to guarantee good readability

zkylon

zkylewd
new league trailer

nothing new for us but i think it's interesting to see how they felt about making a trailer for the game

must've been difficult to make a trailer that captures league and i think they do kind of a good job, they show a couple good plays and varied champions (they even have that boredlands swoosh freeze cam on character introductions), but i wish they had shown way more champions

i think it's super core for league showing that

you don't light candles at Christmas?

wonder if that's a northern hemisphere thing...

red candles are synonymous with Christmas in Ireland
i mean, we don't have snow in christmas here either so definitely EVERYTHING is a northern hemisphere thing :p

Ken

Hrm

Don't see it working.

I actually devised a game design doc for how a League MMO would work. You create your character, and because you can't exactly 'Be a champion' in an MMO(nobody wants to see 10 teemos running around), you choose the 'Path of a Hero', which is basically you learn their skillset+ More to function in an MMO setting.(IE Tanks would choose the path of a champion like Garen or Galio, learn their key skills, and probably some more skills to complement a fulfilling playstyle.). And then you could learn different paths as to not keep the gameplay stale(Unlike say, WoW, where each class contends with 20+ skills, in this League MMO it would be 4 skills+passive, then 5 to complement the role, IE tanks would learn a taunt and a defensive skill), so you could switch between what you felt like doing.

So DCUO? Lol

Talents

Banned
Jesus Flex queue is aids. Got plats in a game full of high diamonds. Plat Heimer who has never played Heimer in ranked before against a D2 300+ game Riven and a Plat 2 Cait against a D2 Jhin. Somehow I don't think Flex queue is gonna survive next season as literally no one is gonna play it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So I haven't played in pre-season yet, just watched some streams

Boy, assassins look like straight trash right now. Lethality sounds incredibly unfun. Tank meta b o y s

Top Bottom