• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
Id37gkJ.jpg

got p2. Would have gotten p1 if I we didn't lose a game where the enemy team is all ad and we were winning by a landslide. And then my team mates shit the bed and started throwing because it's already "sure win".

zkylon

zkylewd
Phreak's videos going through the new masteries are interesting. A lot of things you already know in your gut, but he explains his choices well and backs up some decisions with the math needed to make the decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...phreaks_entire_masteries_series_for_season_7/
i'm still confused why he takes natural talent instead of vampirism and says everyone did that

afaik everyone did vampirism?

tho i thought everyone took the % mana regen mastery and turns out everyone liked the dmg one instead, which i guess makes sense

i hate masteries

Leezard

i'm still confused why he takes natural talent instead of vampirism and says everyone did that

afaik everyone did vampirism?

tho i thought everyone took the % mana regen mastery and turns out everyone liked the dmg one instead, which i guess makes sense

i hate masteries

There had been a lot of discussion among natural talent and vampirism. Typically adcs went for vampirism, but among other roles it has not been as clear-cut. Famed midlaner Dopa loves the vampirism and the %mana regen mastery because the sustain is difficult to get in other ways for laning phase, but there has been a lot of different opinions.

Late this season some people found it better to take 4 points in natural talent, 1 in vampirism, and replace one AD quint with a lifesteal quint because the damage scaled better than 5 points in vampirism, but you still got your lifesteal.

%mana regen mastery has been more underrated than the dmg one, which probably has been overrated. Phreak argues for tear users and many midlaners to go for %mana regen, while it was very common to just take the dmg one.

Ever since Natural Talent got buffed it was considered the optimal choice for most offensive roles. At most people took one point in Vampirism and 4 in Natural Talent but more often than not it was 5 points in it.

Basically it's the same logic behind taking one crit rune, you just take one point in Vampirism to turn on sustain and then dump the points in damage.

TheFlow

Banned
So apparently Smite proccing from Shyvanas passive was a bug

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...ve-change-on-pbe?comment=00050000000000040000

Put me back in the camp that her passive sucks balls since it's dependent on dragons that you take, and it's possible that in a match where you take no dragons, then you only get...5 whole armor and mr for your passive LOOOl

remember kids stacking stat stick skills are bad and boring design.
Good now she is for skilled players <3

Xeilyn

Bleh now Shyvana just have a slightly less boring but basically the same passive. They could have gone another way with the unique effects from killing dragons, like give her ult a bonus effect depending on which dragon that her team recently killed.

Ocean drake: Her ult creates a healing field on landing
Infernal drake: She leaves behind a trail of fire where she walks like her current W in dragon form
Cloud drake: Increased movement speed after landing and allies gain incresed movement speed towards shyvana
Mountain drake: Creates a slowing field on landing
Elder: increased dragon duration by like 50%

Not very balanced i guess but atleast its more fun than the current snooze passive

TheFlow

Banned
Bleh now Shyvana just have a slightly less boring but basically the same passive. They could have gone another way with the unique effects from killing dragons, like give her ult a bonus effect depending on which dragon that her team recently killed.

Infernal drake: She leaves behind a trail of fire where she walks like her current W in dragon form
Cloud drake: Increased movement speed after landing and allies gain incresed movement speed towards shyvana

Not very balanced i guess but atleast its more fun than the current snooze passive
Riot should have done this

Lame. Does the bonus still gets doubled in dragon form, I wonder?

She's the best ADC in the game right now

Doesnt mention it so I doubr ir.

See this is more interesting and its not a stat stack. Maybe have only one dragon passive up at any time. Make it so if any team kills a dragon, she gains its essence(that way even if her team gets no dragons, she still has a passive). And it creates interesting situations.

Having a passive thats dependent on something like a dragon is fine, but having it be a stat stick/stat snowball is lazy.

TheFlow

Banned
Doesnt mention it so I doubr ir.

See this is more interesting and its not a stat stack. Maybe have only one dragon passive up at any time. Make it so if any team kills a dragon, she gains its essence(that way even if her team gets no dragons, she still has a passive). And it creates interesting situations.

Having a passive thats dependent on something like a dragon is fine, but having it be a stat stick/stat snowball is lazy.

snowballing is the essence of League.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ever since Natural Talent got buffed it was considered the optimal choice for most offensive roles. At most people took one point in Vampirism and 4 in Natural Talent but more often than not it was 5 points in it.

Basically it's the same logic behind taking one crit rune, you just take one point in Vampirism to turn on sustain and then dump the points in damage.
oh i never knew they buffed it

TheFlow

Banned
So what's up with Flex queue atm? I'm seeing loads of people complaining about it.

Riot gave a lot of people a rank closer to their mmr.

for instance I went from Bronze 2- Silver 4. even though I was on a 7 game losing streak atm.

some players hated riot for it because they grinded hard to a high rank only for riot to put them back at a lower rank.

For example some people climbed to Plat only to be put back in low Gold/silver.

and ect.

Talents

Banned
God I really don't understand how to play Caitlyn early. I know you're supposed to push and just pressure the fuck out of the enemy under their tower, but I just get ganked by the enemy jungle and mid every time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
God I really don't understand how to play Caitlyn early. I know you're supposed to push and just pressure the fuck out of the enemy under their tower, but I just get ganked by the enemy jungle and mid every time.

If your'e getting ganked that means you're not staggering your wards properly for vision in the river with your support or your support is doing a really shitty job at controlling vision.

kayos90

Honestly I have no idea why people are touching ranked. Like.. it's an absolute shitshow and we all knew it was going to be like that. If people are playing ranked and getting mad over how crazy and dumb it is, I feel like it's on them...

Neol

What a boring splash

Wow. That's pretty garbo in terms of Riot standards.

Honestly I have no idea why people are touching ranked. Like.. it's an absolute shitshow and we all knew it was going to be like that. If people are playing ranked and getting mad over how crazy and dumb it is, I feel like it's on them...

Welcome to every preseason. Its gotten somewhat better over the years.

Neverforgetleagueofcleavers.

kayos90

I mean... guys... it's called fucking PRE Season for a reason. Like... lol? Do you expect an alpha or beta to go perfectly well? Like fucking real. People are dumb.

Neol

really? garbo? lol

See garbo might seem too harsh but I really do think its bad.

Just the fact that there is an overabundance of pretty colors to make the "light" element stand out, nothing really going on in the background and lux just standing there and looking pretty makes the whole splash bleh to me.

Also to note I kinda hate DJ Sona's splash as well. The login screen animation kinda changed my mind on that tho.

Neol

I'd love to be able to create something that "bad" tbh

But when Riot gives me quality splash arts in other skins then I have a right to judge it as bad when compared to there past work. Especially when this skin is an ultimate skin.

Look at this. Its depicts two titans wreaking havoc on the ship dwellers. You can see the manic and fear expressions on there poses as well as the overall destruction to there ship all in the foreground of the splash art.

Look at this. The maniacal laughter and sanity of Twitch's face is matched with the bright and loud fire of his smg commanding attention to him. The foreground extends this as you see the gunfire has damaged the wooden countertop and the dead body he is standing on.

So yes I can't create art as good as they can and I respect them as artists. But when you give me pretty anime girl standing in generic pose with petals surrounding her its looks bad in comparison.

Nekofrog

Banned
Did the pre season flex placements and came out plat 3 (or 4 I don't remember but I think 3) after ending the season d5. I didn't get screwed like I've seen others, but now I'm terrified of doing the bonus placement game after reading some of the stuff on reddit. Flex queue is going to have a hard time taking off and being considered anything other than a joke after pre season is over if they don't sort it out fast.

What a boring splash

Lux needs to eat more, and good lord what happened to her torso ending like that.

Also did Lux entered Karhazan and stole Mediv throne. the room is pretty big for a mage arcanum, where are the books? Did just she swing that light orb fron her right side and huh show it to the viewer like an hula hula ? where does petals came , from her skirt?

EDIT: thats her main Skin for the log in ? wow

kayos90

The splash art is good art. It's not a good splash art. It doesn't even really depict the essence of the skin.

drawkcaB

Don't worry everyone, Riot's balancing team is on the case and nerfing what's been the most OP shit during the pre-season so far.

Mikael's Crucible
Base mana regen lowered to 100% from 150%

Whew. I don't know how much longer the tyranny of Mikael's Crucible was going to last, could have ended league.

The splash art is good art. It's not a good splash art. It doesn't even really depict the essence of the skin.

Yup.

I think this is what everyone is trying to say costy.

You shouldn't be so defensive for rito, we get you like the kool aid but saying shit like 'I wish I could create something 'bad' when nobody is saying it's technically bad is well..sad.

It doesn't get across the point of the fact that she's an elementalist. And the short skirt sucks.

it's not about drinking the kool aid, I was just responding to someone who called it garbo and bad

super flippant remarks that devalue something annoy me

but you're right, i shouldn't be taking it to heart, sorry. super tired this week. only had a day off coming back from Worlds and still tired, jet-lagged and cranky

Top Bottom