• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

faridmon

I've played for 4 years and spent €1400

but I have long since had that paid back to me lol

The thing is that I don't have a large champion pool to choose from. I play 4 champs support, 1 top and 1 jungle and 2 adc.

I can imagine spending a lot more than £20 if I mastered more champs.

You're dead wrong on this. His kit requires tankiness to fully unlock. Everything is delayed. His Q is delayed. His 3-hit passive is delayed. The passive on W benefits more from being to apply multiple AAs than it does from being strong through AP scaling. Being tanky makes his stun way easier to land. Damage on his ult requires that he be in the mix for 4 seconds, minimum. That's death for a squishy. His immediate burst isn't actually that good, but extend a few second more and it's amazing. Need tankiness for that. When maximizing Ekko's potential you're always better off getting multiple rotations of his abilities than a single, strong rotation.

It's not because he has CC. Everything is delayed and he benefits more from being durable than anything else. His total AP ratios across his passive and basic abilities are among the very top in the game but his AP builds are still crap and have gotten statistically worse. All his best items are still tank items.

Riot isn't supporting his tank build. It's the only fucking build that actually works within the constraints of his kit.
Are you honestly forgetting release Ekko? His kit supports squishier builds just fine.

TheFlow

Banned
I got the super galaxy shyvanna skin for free just by breaking down those shattered skin shards and ect. saved myself some cash.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty sure rp price increases are always announced well in advance so i wouldn't be too afraid until they announce it and even then u get like a couple weeks time to buy it while it's cheap

i imagine riot will wait a bit before making any price increases since we don't know how shitty the situation will end up being

pretty sure rp price increases are always announced well in advance so i wouldn't be too afraid until they announce it and even then u get like a couple weeks time to buy it while it's cheap

i imagine riot will wait a bit before making any price increases since we don't know how shitty the situation will end up being

Yeah, we're not making any kneejerk changes to anything. We'll see how things develop in the future before making any adjustments and will only make them if they're necessary.

And by adjustments I don't just mean "raise the cost of RP" as if it's the only option, all options will be explored.

So nothing to worry about on that front any time soon, and any changes we'll notify UK players well in advance.

Leezard

So people are talking about a possible unification of North Ireland and Ireland as a consequence of brexit.

If you don't mind sharing, do you have an opinion on that, Costy?

I've heard people talk but I don't know anything at all about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, we're not making any kneejerk changes to anything. We'll see how things develop in the future before making any adjustments and will only make them if they're necessary.

And by adjustments I don't just mean "raise the cost of RP" as if it's the only option, all options will be explored.

So nothing to worry about on that front any time soon, and any changes we'll notify UK players well in advance.
speaking of, how does the whole thing affect u personally?

Talents

Banned
tfw the most toxic guy you've ever played with still isn't banned after a week and you're sure he's been doing the exact same in every game he's played

That's a bad feeling.

tfw the most toxic guy you've ever played with still isn't banned after a week and you're sure he's been doing the exact same in every game he's played

That's a bad feeling.

I'm still praying night and day to get my first "A player you've reported has been punished." message from Riot.

So people are talking about a possible unification of North Ireland and Ireland as a consequence of brexit.

If you don't mind sharing, do you have an opinion on that, Costy?

I've heard people talk but I don't know anything at all about it.

I haven't put a lot of consideration into it, but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon. It's one party calling for it (Sinn Féinn) which is a very republican party.

Also don't think we (Ireland) can afford to take Northern Ireland back any time soon.

speaking of, how does the whole thing affect u personally?

Well for me personally not a whole lot right now. Ireland is not a part of the UK, only Northern Ireland is. It's obviously very disappointing though and I really feel for my colleagues from the UK, a lot of which went home this week to vote.

Mostly just angry that racists, xenophobes, bigots and old people have potentially fucked the UK economy, removed their right (and the right of others in Europe) to free travel and work within it all because of scaremongers and liars in the UK telling people that foreigners are going to take over their country.

I fear it'll be another situation where the young people of those countries will be paying for the mistakes of the older generation for years to come. Again. Well, those countries that stay in the UK anyway. I'd imagine Scotland will leave.

They've really and truly fucked themselves. The whole world is looking at the UK and thinking "I can't believe you're actually this stupid."

zkylon

zkylewd
As someone whose country is also going through political shenanigans I feel for our UKbros.

Rough times ahead, be strong.
as someone that's lived in a country where there's always political shenanigans, yea, i don't wish it on anyone

That's a bad feeling.
keep reporting them

eventually..

Leezard

I haven't put a lot of consideration into it, but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon. It's one party calling for it (Sinn Féinn) which is a very republican party.

Also don't think we (Ireland) can afford to take Northern Ireland back any time soon.
I see, that explains the situation a bit better. Thanks.

jerd

What made taliyah so much stronger? Was waveclear so much of a problem that the 50% bonus damage to minions helped her that much?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What made taliyah so much stronger? Was waveclear so much of a problem that the 50% bonus damage to minions helped her that much?
I have not really been watching the specifics but strong wave clear goes a long way to making a mid lane safer, and opening up opportunities for them to roam.

uffff, I am getting a roll of victories in Bronze 1, my defeats (and victories) are mostly due the team fighting each other rather than figh back and win

Neol

I don't know if its just me but I see so much talk about Volibear and yet I barely see him get played.

Also what is with the spike of Hecarim? Was it solely because of the TF changes or am I missing something big here?

Luigi87

When you log in and get a message that someone you flagged has been penalized.

It's a good feelin'.

Edit: Was going through my match history, it was the person I mentioned here
Irelia gets banned top (no surprise), so I pick Zyra, 'cause people underestimate her top.
Support bitches at me for taking his main when he didn't pre-pick anything.

Edit: Well from what I gathered after things went poorly in the game and the chat spun out of control, the Support on my team, and a few of the enemy team players are pro-gamergate etc... Disgusting. I had to mute so many players because I've never been so disgusted by League chat before.

TheFlow

Banned
One of the biggest things I see in silver is

1. Team having no idea what to do after a team fight/ or what to focus first.

2. Roaming. Hory shit stop roaming the map by yourself. I have seen a games on both sides lost by this.

3. Stop pushing the lane when you are at a disadvantage or getting rekted. Just farm.

I was silver 2 but dropped down to silver 5 a while back. Managed to go on a big win streak and get back into silver 3. I have only played Nami for the past 2 weeks but my win rate with her is just shy of 60 percent over 200 games

I really loved Overwatch for a few weeks, but getting a Victory in Overwatch, or even a kill, felt really unrewarding. I was going through the motions with the game never having any real "fuck yeah" moments. Still a great game. Just not for me.

I really loved Overwatch for a few weeks, but getting a Victory in Overwatch, or even a kill, felt really unrewarding. I was going through the motions with the game never having any real "fuck yeah" moments. Still a great game. Just not for me.

I feel the same, victories or defeats are kinda meaningless

zkylon

zkylewd
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/ZEg3fE3j-a-few-gameplay-updates

6.13 next week, so 6.14 in about a month

6.14 will have leona and sona minor reworks and maybe an alistar thing as well as a buff to the ms cloud drake gives

yes

the first time i played against her that's the first thing i though of, as long as her waveclear is garbage she just won't be viable

they fixed that, she's ok. the other buffs she got aren't a small thing, but waveclear just made her not viable

Well for me personally not a whole lot right now. Ireland is not a part of the UK, only Northern Ireland is. It's obviously very disappointing though and I really feel for my colleagues from the UK, a lot of which went home this week to vote.

Mostly just angry that racists, xenophobes, bigots and old people have potentially fucked the UK economy, removed their right (and the right of others in Europe) to free travel and work within it all because of scaremongers and liars in the UK telling people that foreigners are going to take over their country.

I fear it'll be another situation where the young people of those countries will be paying for the mistakes of the older generation for years to come. Again. Well, those countries that stay in the UK anyway. I'd imagine Scotland will leave.

They've really and truly fucked themselves. The whole world is looking at the UK and thinking "I can't believe you're actually this stupid."
hmm i see

i actually have an argie friend working on the uk, i wonder what that means for them

yeah i can see that

i enjoy good plays in overwatch a lot but games lack the flow of league's, it just doesn't feel like a three act story like league does, there's no build up and not much drama, you either group properly or you don't and if your picks are bad you're just out

league is a much more intense game to me for sure but i consider myself a really casual league player right now and for a more casual experience i'm pretty pleased with overwatch atm

patchday

I enjoy both League and Overwatch but spending much more time in OW since it just fits much more easily within my busy schedule (work, kids, & wife). I still watch lots LoL youtubes/streams so still keeping up with it. Funny thing is I watch lots of youtubes on how to climb in ranked cause I feel this advice can apply to any game for most part

for example, most streamer tells low elo's to never surrender cause we're basically too ignorant to know if match lost. LOL!!! And even if we are certain all is lost still dont quit cause someone from enemy team could always just lose their internet or something which makes perfect sense! Was just too noobish to realize this.

edit- Honestly their advice has even helped me a ton in OW too. Such as dont worry bout my teammates- focus on my self. Dont blame teammates- blame yourself. You cant improve them, can only improve yourself. ** Well you can help improve teammates by politely giving advice. But anyways.... Yeah, I love watching LoL youtubes etc.

Top Bottom