• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

drawkcaB

So the description only mentions that the target can't leave the area, so I assume that target's allies can enter/leave at will?

Either way, another blatantly overloaded kit. Three forms of AoE CC, %health damage peppered in several spots, very strong base stats, and for some reason a heal on a champion with a 20% max health shield.

Riot. Does. Not. Learn.

killatopak

Gold Member
Started reading her skills.

Passive. Gonna be op as fuck I know it. Gives shield based on hp with a max of 20% that changes depending on the damage type of enemy? Slap that with CoC and boom.

Q. Pretty standard aa reset except that it has % true damage but it does gate it so you have to wait before blowing it. Gives more incentive to go tank. Maybe triforce to tank.

W. Wave clear? Check. Slow? Check. % hp damage? Check. Heals? Check. Overloaded skill? Check.

E. Her CC. Very situational since you first need a wall to cling on to and it's very telegraphed if you're planning to hit someone because only the 2nd cast has the cc and aa spd boost. Gives her enough mobility to contend with other top/jungle champs.

R. Probably one of the most rage inducing ults if I ever see one. No running away from a fed camille boys. gg adc mains.

On paper she looks like a 55-60% win rate champ on release. She has all the tools needed that made tank _____ very hard to deal with. Tanky champs with damage is gonna be very hard to deal with.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really don't get why riot keeps saying shyvana is a "cool champion"

shyvana is one of the most boring statchecky champions in the game, wtf

also idk why they downplay her rework, that's a ton of changes she's just got

Anyways seasonal skins continue to be stupid but I can actually fap to that new Karma recall.
that's one quick fap

Started reading her skills.

Passive. Gonna be op as fuck I know it. Gives shield based on hp with a max of 20% that changes depending on the damage type of enemy? Slap that with CoC and boom.

Q. Pretty standard aa reset except that it has % true damage but it does gate it so you have to wait before blowing it. Gives more incentive to go tank. Maybe triforce to tank.

W. Wave clear? Check. Slow? Check. % hp damage? Check. Heals? Check. Overloaded skill? Check.

E. Her CC. Very situational since you first need a wall to cling on to and it's very telegraphed if you're planning to hit someone because only the 2nd cast has the cc and aa spd boost. Gives her enough mobility to contend with other top/jungle champs.

R. Probably one of the most rage inducing ults if I ever see one. No running away from a fed camille boys. gg adc mains.

On paper she looks like a 55-60% win rate champ on release. She has all the tools needed that made tank _____ very hard to deal with. Tanky champs with damage is gonna be very hard to deal with.
just to clarify, her q doesn't deal % hp true dmg, just a % of its dmg is true dmg

i do agree with ur overall opinions of her kit being overloaded and her ult having very little counterplay to it

on paper she looks like another tank ekko, but since her scaling seems to all be ad (not sure if bonus or total) it might not be as bad

Camille time-

She has true damage on her Q, but only on the second hit. However half of her attack will be converted to true damage. Conclusion? Not really good. If that includes sheens damage however, it can be very powerful on her. Since it's an auto attack steroid, there is no reason not to take Sheen and eventually Triforce on her. It also gives her movement speed, which when combined with Triforce will allow her to chase non-mobile champions very well.

Her W has an insane slow making her chase all that better. The health % damage is negligible. The heal can probably be cut down/removed though. It really isn't necessary for a skill that gives a 90% slow.

Her hook is interesting. It greatly allows her to chase. If you thought Ekko was stupid, well, Camille trumps her in every way. (Can you launch yourself from the wall over walls though? The video doesn't show that...). And there is a hard stun to it as well.

And then there's her ultimate. Very long cool down, and Camille is a character who will benefit heavily from having CDR runes/items. It locks down her opponent. Neutralizes flashes, and allows her to kill squishies/carries when built like Irelia(Triforce+Hydra+Tank.). The thing is though, her chase is already damn good and better than even ekkos. Her escape is good as well if needed(With the hookshot).

Conclusion-She's going to be more cancerous than Ekko. With the basic bruiser build(Triforce+Hydra+tank), she'll be able to target squishies/carries and kill them, whereas even if they flash away she can ult them and finish them off. Her chase is incredibly good, and her skills will heavily benefit from Sheen, meaning that she doesn't need to build alot of damage(It would be a mistake to do so.)

Definitely more cancerous than Ekko.

she can dash over walls with the second part of her e

Definitely a strong ability. Very strong. Maybe a bit too strong.

Yeah. She's definitely going to be more ridiculous than ekko. While half of ekkos bullshit required you to aim correctly(IE using his E to target a monster over the wall to blink to it, or landing his W/Q), Camilles bullshit is really easy to use in comparison.(Huge field for her slow, her E is targeted to a wall and then cast again to move without needed to target anything, and her R is targeted.)

Solutions-

Make her W not heal, reduce it's base damage drastically/leave the HP damage untouched.(The slow is the strongest and most important component)

Restrict her Hookshot so she can't use it to hook on a wall, and then leap over said wall(It's basically a free flash at that point, even more so because she can create quite a distance with it.)

And make her R a skillshot with a delay to it landing, so it can be countered.

Right now her design isn't striking confidence that Riot has learned that overloaded champions are not fun to play against.

Nev

Banned
Definitely more cancerous than Ekko.

She's basically Ekko + Irelia + Jarvan + Vi. As in, potentially the most cancerigenous champion to ever be conceived for this game. Just ugh.

"We don't like lack of counterplay, so we made a point and click Jarvan ult with even less counterplay than Vi's ult. Have fun ADCs!".

zkylon

zkylewd
btw

Autofill has been enabled in all queues with position preference. There is a low chance that you will receive one of the positions you did not select as primary or secondary (usually support), but queue times will be considerably reduced.

As before, you are guaranteed to get your primary or secondary position if you’ve recently been autofilled, you recently queued for support or fill, or are in a promo series.

We have concluded testing position exclusion in LAN and LAS and saw it was negatively impacting queue times, so will not be continuing development on this feature. We’re continuing to experiment with improvements to the whole champion select process.

this is so weird, after two weeks in which they couldn't even decide if they wanted to fix fizz' ult hitbox, they somehow get enough data to determine that position preference is not worth trying out anymore, so now ranked will forever be autofill enabled

i've played with it enabled until a few days ago in which it was mysteriously disabled (no mention of it in the client i think, i thought it was just a bug), and while it didn't seem to be doing anything (out of 7 champ selects i got placed top 4 times, and i most definitely didn't choose top as my preference either time), queue times were exactly the same as when they disabled it

i had good queue times in the previous season and i had the ability of choosing my position

now i lost that and queue times are not gonna get better

i find this really lame, i'll 100% of the times would rather wait more and get my role and i think that's 99.9% of people

i thought the reason why position select was a problem was because of premades

if diamond is a problem make special rules for them, sigh

Ekko does not need a target to hop over walls, what are you talking about

She is not more mobile and stickier than Ekko, no fucking way. Her W slow is on a 10s plus CD without CDR same as her E while Ekko had his shit down to 5 seconds and under easily.

She's basically Ekko + Irelia + Jarvan + Vi. As in, potentially the most cancerigenous champion to ever be conceived for this game.

That's right, I was thinking about the Vi comparison earlier.

She serves the same purpose of Vi in alot of ways. Be able to close in on one champion and lock them down. Except Vi can't do that as good as Camille.

Not only does Camille lock down a champion, but then she can LOCK DOWN a champion for a critical amount of time. She has Jarvans ult on steroids. She has Ekkos chase on steroids with an incredible AOE slow.

She's supposed to be a counter assassin because she can chase an assassin as well as they can run away, but assassins and Camille don't exist in a vacuum. What this means is Camille can counter ANYTHING THAT IS SQUISHY whilst chasing them down with the power of a hurricane.

To put, she is beyond cancerous. She's practically AIDs at this point

Ekko does not need a target to hop over walls, what are you talking about

She is not more mobile and stickier than Ekko. No fucking way. Her W slow is on a 10s plus CD without CDR same as her E while Ekko had his shit down to 5 seconds and under easily.

*Shrug*

She is definitely more mobile than Ekko though. Her hookshot can have twice the distance of a flash(IE if a person flashes over a wall into blue camp, she can hook onto the wall, then jump over the wall and possibly stun if landed correctly). Her Q gives her a movement steroid. Her W is a huge aoe slow field(And once she slows you, you won't get away unless you flash.)

Even if you pop two flashes, she can hook>wall>jump over wall> Ult. Her ultimate is targeted, making it a lock on flash basically. And then your'e fucked because between Triforce and her Q passive, she can chase you down forever after you've blown your flash.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
btw

i thought the reason why position select was a problem was because of premades

if diamond is a problem make special rules for them, sigh

that was never the problem though

it was always people don't pick support

nothing to do with dynamic queue or premades or high elo or whatever the fuck reddit was whining about

I dunno, that ult is nice but it doesn't prevent an enemy team from coming in and helping.

you can't even be kenched out of it

it's dumb

and "unblockables" like vi ult are blocked by it

it's dumb

Wow, what a surprise another tanky , hard to kill, annoying CC champ, I guess Riot didnt learn anything after Ekko.

Cant wait for a crappy support who can do anything against CC's if we get any after that streak of tanky champions

Why don't we wait until we see scaling and base number before we declare her as busted.

everyone knows all you need is triforce and hydra and anyone can kill squishies, even someone like teemo

Enemy team has free movement through it
Can be completely negated by knockbacks
Super short range so if you're in ult range you're basically already fucked anyways

How many champions realistically have knockbacks anyways? Janna is like the main one...

*Shrug*

She is definitely more mobile than Ekko though. Her hookshot can have twice the distance of a flash(IE if a person flashes over a wall into blue camp, she can hook onto the wall, then jump over the wall and possibly stun if landed correctly). Her Q gives her a movement steroid. Her W is a huge aoe slow field(And once she slows you, you won't get away unless you flash.)

Even if you pop two flashes, she can hook>wall>jump over wall> Ult. Her ultimate is targeted, making it a lock on flash basically. And then your'e fucked because between Triforce and her Q passive, she can chase you down forever after you've blown your flash.
Hookshot depends on having a wall which limits your directions and how far you can go, Ekko can dash twice in your direction on a very, very short cooldown
Ekko's passive gives him a gigantic MS steroid and up until recently also had a slow and can be activated from range
Her W is a delayed slow field while Ekko's Q is a long range slow that is basically instant point blank

It's like you guys never played against an Ekko

How many champions realistically have knockbacks anyways? Janna is like the main one...
Janna Ali Trist Draven Vayne Asol Gnar Thresh Ziggs Syndra Shyv Lee Poppy Azir

Many of which are a button press away from making your ult useless

hPi6ixl.jpg

Good bye position exclusion. I hardly knew you. You will be missed :'(

(My queue times were about the same lol)

zkylon

zkylewd
100% pick ban rate calling it now.

I'll probably start saving some ip to buy her as well. I'm gonna abuse her until riot feels that they made a mistake.
well i think that's safe to say for a lot of new champions since they're often overtuned

her cooldowns seem more reasonable than ekko's so that i find promising

Definitely a strong ability. Very strong. Maybe a bit too strong.

Yeah. She's definitely going to be more ridiculous than ekko. While half of ekkos bullshit required you to aim correctly(IE using his E to target a monster over the wall to blink to it, or landing his W/Q), Camilles bullshit is really easy to use in comparison.(Huge field for her slow, her E is targeted to a wall and then cast again to move without needed to target anything, and her R is targeted.)

Solutions-

Make her W not heal, reduce it's base damage drastically/leave the HP damage untouched.(The slow is the strongest and most important component)

Restrict her Hookshot so she can't use it to hook on a wall, and then leap over said wall(It's basically a free flash at that point, even more so because she can create quite a distance with it.)

And make her R a skillshot with a delay to it landing, so it can be countered.

Right now her design isn't striking confidence that Riot has learned that overloaded champions are not fun to play against.
i do think her kit's overloaded (sometimes it feels like for the sake of it, i'm not sure why her passive has that weird dmg type mechanic when a normal shield would probably be more sensible) and it's kind of kind of worrying to see two sources of % hp dmg but one's current so idk

i think it's too early to tell how bad it'll be, she has almost exclusively ad ratios and long-ish cooldowns. the spammable speedups and slows combined with high base damage are what made ekko really op, she has less cc and less speedups and also seems to have fairly reasonable base damages so let's wait a bit before going nuts

except nev

nev can go nuts cos it's really entertaining lol

that was never the problem though

it was always people don't pick support

nothing to do with dynamic queue or premades or high elo or whatever the fuck reddit was whining about
where did u get this idea lol?

Good bye position exclusion. I hardly knew you. You will be missed :'(

(My queue times were about the same lol)
yup, i have about the same queue times with or without position exclusion.

disable this for high elo, the only place where queue times are a serious problem

it feels like they didn't even try and they didn't even give real context on it, just a very nebulous comment on how it "negatively impacted queue times"

yuck

Janna Ali Trist Draven Vayne Asol Gnar Thresh Ziggs Syndra Shyv Lee Poppy Azir

Many of which are a button press away from making your ult useless

ziggs, syndra, shyv, vaynes, and dravens pushes aren't enough to push her out of the field(if both are in the middle).(Shyv probably.)

The bigger issue though is that it makes her chase ridiculous.

killatopak

Gold Member
ziggs, syndra, shyv, vaynes, and dravens pushes aren't enough to push her out of the field(if both are in the middle).(Shyv probably.)

The bigger issue though is that it makes her chase ridiculous.

Probably gonna be gated by high cooldowns and mana cost.

What I'm wondering about is how long is she untargettable after casting her ult.

Also her ult damage is just so high. Like 20% current health per attack.

No one complaining how sexy Braum and Graves are in those skins. Double standards smh.

Why would anyone complain? They're amazing especially braum's.

zkylon

zkylewd
LeBlanc
HP Regen decreased to 1.48 from 1.7
HP Regen growth decreased to 0.11 from 0.16
Shatter Orb (Q)
Damage increased to 55/90/125/160/195 from 55/80/105/130/155
Bounce damage to minions lowered to 80% from 120%
Ethereal Chains (E) damage lowered to 40/60/80/120 from 40/65/90/115/140
whelp

i didn't like new leblanc anyways :p

Probably gonna be gated by high cooldowns and mana cost.

What I'm wondering about is how long is she untargettable after casting her ult.

Also her ult damage is just so high. Like 20% current health per attack.
what? no

4/6/8% current hp

these tooltips are kind of bad tho

I like how they completely butchered colossus
hyperbole: the thread

jerd

RiotJag said:
Good question! Camille essentially understands every champion's PvP premitigation damage (before resistances) that they've done throughout the entire game, and also understands her own resistances. She combines this information to determine the best shield she should get. So, for example, if Jax has somehow built a lot of AP but is still doing more Physical damage, she will probably get a Physical shield unless she has very high armor.
TL;DR Camille gets the best shield to defend her against the champion she hits.

I have complete and total faith in riot's ability to implement this properly

zkylon

zkylewd
compared to its old form, you can say colossus is butchered.

That is a factual statement.
lmao it's not

it's still a really strong mastery

I have complete and total faith in riot's ability to implement this properly
well i mean

the point of it is that if she chases adc and mid together then it's not so good news for her, so it doesn't really matter if it gets it wrong

zkylon

zkylewd
i also dislike how riot decided to switch off the ability to exclude positions based on feedback gotten exclusively from flex queue, a mode that had terrible matchmaking quality for most of its existence and that no one considers to be real ranked.

i've seen people say they just practice off roles in flex queue, or treat it as their way to play draft queue with friends, so maybe support mains just don't pick support as their primary role?

in my experience with this queue i've gotten my 3rd/4th pick more often than my 1st/2nd, so who's to say any data gotten from this testing period is worth anything

i also really hate that excluding least favorite roles was kind of the silver lining on changing systems back to perma autofill. it was a change that was sort of based on that detail, that even if this new system meant that every now and then you'd have to play something you didn't like as much, you for sure wouldn't have to play the position you hate

and all this faker playing versus bronze players shit doesn't give me much confidence in riot's ability to matchmake properly so that 3rd/4th position really is 1/20th as they've promised

Top Bottom