• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Being paired with people who throw the game at the first minutes , then go AFK for 10 mins then go trolling still surprises me, how anyone could waste their time doing that. We managed to win 4vs5 still

zkylon

zkylewd
tried new talon, he's better but still not my style

should maybe try kat but eh

khazix and rengar continue imo to be terrible champions that you'll never ever be like "this khazix outplayed me" because all their counterplay is in not being alone, as if that's excuse for them being absolute bullshit. sadly if they nerf these champions they'll just go back to being useless, so i'm really bummed out that those two reworks fixed absolutely nothing about their shitty designs

played some more leblanc, slowly getting the hang of her (as in forgetting all i've played all these years) but i still think she's a lot less fun to play than before

the thing i like the best of this new season is plants believe it or not

they just seem like they have the right amount of impactfulness that's not meta warping in the slightest but that also makes for one or two cool moments every game. like fucking over rengar with the blue plant or escaping with satchel plant is pretty fun

0/5/0 nasus who can spam wither every 3 seconds meaning qss is useless and 2 shot half the team because stacks :^) fantastic design~
latest

Nasus is practically a middle finger for people who play safe

zer0das

Banned
I love Nasus, I can run 20% CDR runes and eat like 3/4ths the enemy jungler's attention and still have like 300-400 stacks in no time at all. Then get the free win because my team's bot lane is smashing and we got every dragon, and I four shot towers.

That's literally all I do in ranked anymore. Play the most passive champ in the game and just laugh myself to the bank because I'm too garbage now, so I'll never reach a level where this is a true liability. Huehuehue. Also the amount of speed he picks up with storm raider's surge when you conk someone on the head is hilarious.

faridmon

So ranked is sloley Flex Que, right?

I can tell that if we are losing by min. 2. I have played 3 games so far, 2 of them was easy wins, and the 3rd one was a top raging after 2 min, jungler who ever ganked and ended up 1/1/4, and an ADC who flamed all game.

And our opponents played like golds.

Have Riot actually fixed the matchmaking, or am I having placebo where I keep thinking about the opponents ranks when I lose?

killatopak

Gold Member
Jojo is great. How much have you watched?

At least Kalista ult is somewhat stand-y.

Only Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders. Read part 1 on manga and watched stardust anime.

I read part 1 a long time ago and I got kinda bored from ripples but when I found out about stands I got hyped big time. It's also on a lot of memes so I just kinda went ahead and watched it. There's tons of people saying mudamudamudamduadmaudamu and oraoraroaoraoraoraorao on youtube comments as well as the "to be continued" meme.

Leezard

Only Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders. Read part 1 on manga and watched stardust anime.

I read part 1 a long time ago and I got kinda bored from ripples but when I found out about stands I got hyped big time. It's also on a lot of memes so I just kinda went ahead and watched it. There's tons of people saying mudamudamudamduadmaudamu and oraoraroaoraoraoraorao on youtube comments as well as the "to be continued" meme.

Man, you're missing out if you skipped part 2! Give it a try some time, even if it doesn't have stands it has much more interesting battles and story than anything in part 1. You'll get to see Joseph Joestar is his prime.

I'm glad you're enjoying part 3 though, that's a classic I'm surprised didn't get a proper anime until recently.

Don't you dare skip Battle Tendency

Leezard

alright how do I start Jojo

where should I start watching and what order should I go etc.

Start at the beginning no matter what

Yeah, just start with the new(ish) anime, go with the first one first. Part 1 can be a little slow and tropey but it's just 9 episodes, and part 2 is amazing and the show as a whole is stronger than part 1. How people rank the specific parts depends on their tastes though.

Chronological order since everything is connected in one - well, technically two - timeline

Phantom Blood > Battle Tendency > Stardust Crusaders > Diamond is Unbreakable > Vento Aureo > Stone Ocean > Steel Ball Run > Jojolion

First season of the anime covers Part 1 and 2, seasons 2 and 3 covers part 3, anime is at Diamond is Unbrekable right now.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry

About time you started watching some good animes and/or reading good manga. Anime's 99.99% faithful to the manga, legit as heck.

Needs to be in order, no skipping. There's continuity between the parts.

Yeah, just start with the new(ish) anime, go with the first one first. Part 1 can be a little slow and tropey but it's just 9 episodes, and part 2 is amazing and the show as a whole is stronger than part 1. How people rank the specific parts depends on their tastes though.

5 is the weakest, 2 and 3 are legendary, 4 has a lot of charm and a top tier villain as well. This is fact.

Talents

Banned
I hated the first part of Jojo, so like the first 7 episodes? After that it was god tier.

Aww yis Solo queue is finally out. Gonna play that shit all day later.

faridmon

I think I must be the only one who hate Jojo and find it silly.

I would have said, don't watch it, but I have a weird taste in Anime so don't trust me.

zkylon

zkylewd
cool that solo q is up already, will probably switch to that since ppl don't seem to be taking flex seriously and match quality has been pretty poor so far

coming back to this as I didn't notice it earlier.

this only makes yasuo less probable to be permabanned, but "ensures nobody can be permabanned" is ridiculous, specially considering it's only 2 less bans in the first ban stage

You are very much correct here. But as they say, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Under such a system, it is very unlikely that champs like Yas would be banned as much as he is even currently. Only having 2 bans to start with is quite the stressful situation with so many important bans!

also idk why you assume that doto has the best system, that thing just looks tedious as all hell
Strictly speaking, because it is. If you have an alternative that you believe is better than Dota 2's, which has been tested, revised, tested and revised again for the last decade, by all means propose it. We're all ears. I see no reason to reinvent the wheel.

honestly i watched a bit of the international this year and pick and ban was super boring and it took FUCKING FOREVER
Oh, so your "tedious" concern is really simply about the amount of time. Well why didn't you say so? That wasn't because of the draft format; that was because of the amount of time alotted. Dota 2 allots an extra 130 seconds in addition to the 30 seconds per pick/ban. Plus additional time to load into the game. It's there to give teams time to talk about strategies because Dota 2 has significantly more strategic flexibility than League of Legends has presently.

League is unlikely to do any less than 30 seconds per ban, so you're going to get an elongated draft with 10 bans and 10 picks whether you like it or not, zky. League will be able to skip the extra 130 time allotment in pubs and maybe add a reduced version of Dota's 130 second "overtime" pick period for competitive/pros, but the draft is going to get longer regardless of how you feel about it. I assume it will be a max of 5 minutes for League + time to declare your pick + time to set your runes and skins and whatnot. So about 6 minutes. About 2 minutes shorter than Dota 2 captain's draft. It should feel alright with the benefit being a marked increase to the strategic nature of League drafts. I think it would be really cool.

That said, I'm sure that however Riot decides to do it at first will probably not be how it is configured in the end. I (and most people) think doing 10 bans up front would be disastrous. 2-2-1 is is a tried and true method to get interesting, strategic and diverse drafts. It's the method that not only Dota 2 but SMITE also uses for its competitive play and you know what? It just works. Even casual-as-fuck HoTS has a similar 2-round ban method for competitive. Now, if Riot's thousand heads can come up with another method that also provides a similar level of diversity, that will be fine too. Nothing wrong with that. But again, it would feel like resources being committed to reinventing a wheel that we already have a good, working version of.

$0.02 as usual.

I love the draft ban system, especially in hots.

It really is great being able to talk to my duo queue buddy or team about what to ban or pick depending on the opponents bans/picks. There is a feeling of gratification when you ban out their likely pick and they end up with a lower tier pick/one that doesnt fit their comp.

Granted theres only 4 bans so far in hots because the roster is smaller.

I love the draft ban system, especially in hots.

It really is great being able to talk to my duo queue buddy or team about what to ban or pick depending on the opponents bans/picks. There is a feeling of gratification when you ban out their likely pick and they end up with a lower tier pick/one that doesnt fit their comp.

Granted theres only 4 bans so far in hots because the roster is smaller.

Agreed. Either way can be cool.

You have no idea how hard it was for me to keep calm when everyone was complaining about Karma not getting a good skin a few months ago when I knew this one was coming

Camille's kit looks fucking amazing, I just don't really understand how her second Q works, I'm assuming you have a few seconds to do another auto reset but if you wait a bit within said seconds you get a super auto modifier?
You have no idea how hard it was for me to keep calm when everyone was complaining about Karma not getting a good skin a few months ago when I knew this one was coming
That skin is gorgeous

But Sexy Santa Braum is on another level

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hope she doesn't end up like Fiora. That being said she seems good for Top and Jungle.

Faker please play her mid.

Hope she doesn't end up like Fiora. That being said she seems good for Top and Jungle.

Faker please play her mid.
Don't really see her jungling or going mid, honestly. Half of her kit is useless while clearing and no walls in mid lane severely impact how good her E can be which is basically the only way she's getting anywhere near any mages.

The Q is basically the same ability twice, an auto reset that does extra damage. However if you wait 1.5 seconds after the first to recast the second Q does a lot more damage. You can still auto while you wait. If you cast second Q immediately after the first it's the same as the first.

Top Bottom