• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like League is less intense, since some games involve so much time waiting, setting up, and CSing.

Some games have lots of fighting of course, especially ARAM.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like League is less intense, since some games involve so much time waiting, setting up, and CSing.

Some games have lots of fighting of course, especially ARAM.
the difference for me is that overwatch feels a bit single note, while league has a bit of a ramp up that makes game feel like they have a better flow

now that one note is fantastic and the league ramp up is really slow and tedious sometimes, so overwatch ends up being much easier to digest and honestly just a lot of fun

it might not have as much depth but it has enough

any rumors on next champ?

all costy said is not a support

i think that'd be very nice, as well as the option of removing the lockout thingie

and i think nerfing her e dmg is a good idea too, they way of her combo works is pretty silly and it'll def be problematic if it's way more reliable

so yeah +1 to these changes, reducing clunkiness and smoothing out her damage over her kit is a good direction for her

Personally I'm hoping "they're" 2 female yordles where one's kinda big and the other stands ontop of her ... and they're ninjas ... with a big ass weapon.

Child brother and sister champ with one of them acting like Pix for all their abilities. They'll have with a bug that causes enemy champs to enter T-pose when hit by an ability.

What are the core DMG items for Jax Top now? Been thinking about playing Jax and I remember back when I wanted to try him the hot shit was Rageblade and Gunblade but people are going TF now and IDK how the new rageblade is on him.

What are the core DMG items for Jax Top now? Been thinking about playing Jax and I remember back when I wanted to try him the hot shit was Rageblade and Gunblade but people are going TF now and IDK how the new rageblade is on him.

I build tf and gunblade then some armor items depending on lane matchup

TheOddOne

deads7xed.png

large.gif

Playing a ranked right now where our top LB threw a fit after she got killed once. And now she is following our Amumu through jungle, refusing to play. And what pisses me off more than the act itself is knowing we can all report and Riot won't do anything. I've never had a report do anything.

Doesn't help we have Ahri support. Like...wut.

With the amount of ADC knowledge he has, Newt could get to diamond 3 in a few days if he becomes a Rengar main. He hates jungling so that'll never happen tho.

newt u gotta stop lol

ur gonna drop to plat 4 at this rate.

oh my goodness

Y'know, I don't blame him. I've had a bad streak of shitty games. Every time I get into plat 1, I end up losing like 5 times in a row because you get matched up with just the worst. Like no lie. I've been jumping between Plat 1/2, and every damn time end up losing like 5 in a row in plat 1 and get dropped back to 2, but when I get to 2 I win 5 times in a row and get back to plat 1.

It's like...there's a huge gulf in general skill between 1 and 2. I've seen the shittiest mistakes, I've seen a Rumble DC after giving a kill to a lane instead of running away(When he could've), I've just seen the worst. It's weird as shit.

....so for now I've gone and taken a semi-break and playing Heroes of the Storm just to relax~ My friend built a computer and rejoined to play League, and we lost both matches...and the matches lasted long...>_>;

So I egged him to download HotS, and it was just a funner experience. All heroes were free, so we played Cho'Gall(One game as each), and it was just fun shouting at each other to detonate the orb or to activate the ults.

.....League should release a hero like Cho'Gall.

Newt

Well I dunno if I could top that one time I dropped from d5 to p5.

Honestly, I should just stop playing ADC. I hate this role so much.

Still getting the stuttering bug for reasons unknown. I can't see anything on Reddit aside form this but he's playing on a laptop so IDK.

There's the other poster on here too who described the exact same bug and this has only happened since 2 patches ago.

I'm literally missing team fights happening as there's 2/3 seconds where my screen is stuck still.

Because only two of her abilities do any damage at all and you can only Power Chord Q like once every 10 seconds?

I mean, I guess. It's still a bit ridiculous though lol. Camping bush in Ascension and waiting for enemy Caitlyn to walk past so I can delete her with a point and click spell feels dirty.

patchday

Well I dunno if I could top that one time I dropped from d5 to p5.

Honestly, I should just stop playing ADC. I hate this role so much.

why hate ADC role? I know why I get tired of bot lane sometimes (having to pair with a total stranger) but I'm thinking thats probably not the case with you

Still getting the stuttering bug for reasons unknown. I can't see anything on Reddit aside form this but he's playing on a laptop so IDK.

There's the other poster on here too who described the exact same bug and this has only happened since 2 patches ago.

I'm literally missing team fights happening as there's 2/3 seconds where my screen is stuck still.

I am guessing you dont see anything in the logs? Usually a huge cause for stutter is i/o operations. If in Windows, run Task manager and see if you have a lot of i/o ops or cpu spikes. If that is not the case, I'd go with video card

* Also of course monitor pings. So many things could cause stutter :(

Lobogris

Neo Member

Also check the HDD, i had a similar issue and it was due to a faulty hard disk.

I am guessing you dont see anything in the logs? Usually a huge cause for stutter is i/o operations. If in Windows, run Task manager and see if you have a lot of i/o ops or cpu spikes. If that is not the case, I'd go with video card

* Also of course monitor pings. So many things could cause stutter :(
What do you mean by logs, Windows or Riots? There shouldn't be an IO issue as I'm on a Crucial M4 with plenty of free space, my CPU is a 6700K (not overclocked) so even if there was a spike of some sort, it should be fine. My GPU is a 980Ti, again not overlcocked, and I don't have issues in other games such as the Witcher 3.

Also check the HDD, i had a similar issue and it was due to a faulty hard disk.
It could be the SSD, but I very much doubt it. Wear is within normal levels and when I've had a drive die before it starts crapping up Windows too. This noticeable issue only crops up in League and has done since 2 patches ago. The reasons they locked DS Thresh was due to stuttering which appears to be what I and others have.

Leezard

What do you mean by logs, Windows or Riots? There shouldn't be an IO issue as I'm on a Crucial M4 with plenty of free space, my CPU is a 6700K (not overclocked) so even if there was a spike of some sort, it should be fine. My GPU is a 980Ti, again not overlcocked, and I don't have issues in other games such as the Witcher 3.

It could be the SSD, but I very much doubt it. Wear is within normal levels and when I've had a drive die before it starts crapping up Windows too. This noticeable issue only crops up in League and has done since 2 patches ago. The reasons they locked DS Thresh was due to stuttering which appears to be what I and others have.

Have you tried repairing the client? You can do it in the patcher/launcher.

Pre-game lobby. Immediately get:

You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.
VincentAlexander joined the room.
Cyradius joined the room.
hotdoginyourhole joined the room.
CubicSphere joined the room.
hotdoginyourhole : bet you wanted to win
hotdoginyourhole : faggors
hotdoginyourhole : you all faggots
hotdoginyourhole : you will lose
hotdoginyourhole : you *** gay faggor
hotdoginyourhole : what was that
hotdoginyourhole : you like *****'
hotdoginyourhole : faggots
hotdoginyourhole : gay

-sigh- And he'll keep on playing League of Legends.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
when you have twice the cs of your laner but your top voli and karma jungle already fed 10 kills to their gnar and udyr by 15 minutes zzzzzzzzz

Have you tried repairing the client? You can do it in the patcher/launcher.

Yes, to no avail.

Here's a copy of a match I've resorted to recording to emphasis what's going on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFetPh9qIRU&feature=youtu.be

The most obvious example of the stuttuer is at the 15:30 or so mark, when Yasuo gets exhausted at mid T2. Playing back at half speed shows the issue more effectively. Volibear is lagging backwards and forwards and yet my ping and FPS is stable. TBH, this is one of the less intrusive epsiodes. I've had it ar baron where the screen feedback is stuck for around 3s yet the audio is playing 'in sync'.

Calvero

Banned
Pre-game lobby. Immediately get:

-sigh- And he'll keep on playing League of Legends.

you know the report function actually works. people who keep claiming it doesn't work and don't report...will never see it work lol
as it is, only the last few people to have reported a person get an in-game message.

next time take a screenshot of the chat

Talents

Banned
you know the report function actually works. people who keep claiming it doesn't work and don't report...will never see it work lol
as it is, only the last few people to have reported a person get an in-game message.

If that was true, this guy would have been banned ages ago.
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Red Winter

He doesn't have any game really that he hasn't got mid because he bullies people off of it in champ select if he doesn't get mid, then he's incredibly toxic in game, mocking the enemy and calling the team racist shit. He's the only player I've played with where the majority of people in the game agreed to report, I always make sure that I'm the last person in a lobby before I report someone so I can get the satisfaction of the message, but he didn't even get a chat restriction or anything.

I haven't even played in 6 days since I played with him, because he legit tilted me and I really don't feel like playing league.

I've never in all my years playing seen anything letting me know my report led to anything---and I report every time. If they truly have a system in place that only alerts a "few" of the people who report players then that is absolutely ridiculous and needs fixed. You don't want to dishearten your base from reporting if they feel it doesn't lead to anything. I keep reporting, but it honestly depresses me more than anything now-a-days. Efforts feel completely fruitless.

If that was true, this guy would have been banned ages ago.
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=Red Winter

He doesn't have any game really that he hasn't got mid because he bullies people off of it in champ select if he doesn't get mid, then he's incredibly toxic in game, mocking the enemy and calling the team racist shit. He's the only player I've played with where the majority of people in the game agreed to report, I always make sure that I'm the last person in a lobby before I report someone so I can get the satisfaction of the message, but he didn't even get a chat restriction or anything.

I haven't even played in 6 days since I played with him, because he legit tilted me and I really don't feel like playing league.
That's fucked up. I had someone tilt me so bad a few weeks ago that put me in your same shoes, and I felt like I couldn't touch the game again until there was justice for his shitty antics.

Top Bottom