• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

I contacted support yesterday to know how much I have spen-invested in this game like I usually do once a yer, and I was told to use this site:

https://privacy.riotgames.com/

That is new, but it not only tells how much you have spent in the game but also some game stats:
HpfY7J1.png
And if you're willing to write a handwritten letter and pay a 5 usd fee, you can also get:
Grouped report history made/received. (I.E. Number of reports for each behavior)
Detailed purchase history
Chat logs (last 3 months)
Login history by IP (last 3 months)
Account modifications (last 3 months)

I would like to know the reports I received... maybe one day I might do it.

despite what was intended, keystones offer absolutely zero customization of playstyle and they're perfectly min maxeable so the only thing they do is reward and reinforce some desirable play patterns (extended trades on bruisers, short trades on mages) that could be donde much more elegantly through itemization (as in, doran's ring now has thunderlords passive, dorans shield has grasp, doran's blade has warlords, and none of these passivescale past laning phase)

you can put other cool passives like the speed up thing on like ludens echo and the tank shield thing on some initiation item (i never know the names of tank items so w/e), while other keystones like deathfire touch and windspeakers blessing are already represented in items like liandrys and athenes
This is also what I expected. Something like "more lifesteal the lower your HP is" sounds too powerful to have from the start of a game (and theoretically available to all champs)

TheFlow

Banned
I really suck at jungle. lost 4 jungle games in a row. Need to pick up Elise again which I should since she is one of my favs.

Lee sin is a beast early game.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is also what I expected. Something like "more lifesteal the lower your HP is" sounds too powerful to have from the start of a game.
generally it scales with levels so it's balanced in a way but as a system i think it's proved to be a resounding failure considering how much of a meta warping nightmare it's been and with very little to show for it

This preseason, we're updating the mastery system to offer focused, high-impact choices rather than a slew of nuanced micro-math optimizations. Each successive "tier" of masteries will grow in importance, ending in a tier 6 "keystone mastery" that fundamentally impacts how you play your champion. By condensing power into clear decision points, the masteries you take from game to game should have an impact on your playstyle, and we want to offer multiple mastery paths for most champions in League.

with a few exceptions for every champion there's a clear best option that you take 100% of the games, so yeah...

with a few exceptions for every champion there's a clear best option that you take 100% of the games, so yeah...
Historically I feel that's always been the case with League. It's just relatively easy to solve build-wise and there's not a hell of a lot of choices available because of inefficiency etc.

also yeah fuck zed

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kayle with the new rageblade is absolutely stupid. The moment she gets this item she can pretty much carry the game.

Because it loses the ASPD when you combine into Rageblade, which sucked.

Kind of like when PD didn't give any MS, but in Rageblade's case it's a straight buff.

zkylon

zkylewd
Historically I feel that's always been the case with League. It's just relatively easy to solve build-wise and there's not a hell of a lot of choices available because of inefficiency etc.
it's hard, lots of stuff to undo/change and it's not easy at this point in the game

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm honestly considering being a one trick Kayle.

Follow newt's footsteps. I remember that he always plays Kayle and found success there if he doesn't get adc.

Tbf i don't think kayle's the only one who'll get strong since there are others that are good with rageblade like yi. I think we still have to look if the new rylai's would affect her since it's also one of her core items.

http://na.op.gg/champion/vayne/statistics/adc/item
http://euw.op.gg/champion/vayne/statistics/adc/item
http://www.op.gg/champion/vayne/statistics/adc/item

Since we're talking about going off-build I decided to use Vayne as an example using the three main regions (China is not on this site unfortunately). This is less critique and more of a series of observations.

There's not a hell of a lot of changes although there are some things here and there. IE > Shiv > PD has higher winrates for NA and Korea but far less people using it than Shiv > IE > PD. Rageblade gets picked up in NA and EUW sometimes but not in Korea. BT is more popular in EUW but Scimitar is more popular in NA and much more popular in KR.

BORK seems to be a option for attack speed and lifesteal which is nice as I was led to believe by friends it was garbage now.

Tumble max is both most popular and highest winrate in all three regions so there's not much need to deviate from it.

As far as runes and masteries go KR runs attack speed blues on her and all three regions run AD reds/MR blues/armor yellows/AS quints commonly. Korea also runs Battle Trance on her whereas NA and EUW run Bounty Hunter.

Leezard

http://na.op.gg/champion/vayne/statistics/adc/item
http://euw.op.gg/champion/vayne/statistics/adc/item
http://www.op.gg/champion/vayne/statistics/adc/item

Since we're talking about going off-build I decided to use Vayne as an example using the three main regions (China is not on this site unfortunately). This is less critique and more of a series of observations.

There's not a hell of a lot of changes although there are some things here and there. IE > Shiv > PD has higher winrates for NA and Korea but far less people using it than Shiv > IE > PD. Rageblade gets picked up in NA and EUW sometimes but not in Korea. BT is more popular in EUW but Scimitar is more popular in NA and much more popular in KR.

BORK seems to be a option for attack speed and lifesteal which is nice as I was led to believe by friends it was garbage now.

Tumble max is both most popular and highest winrate in all three regions so there's not much need to deviate from it.

As far as runes and masteries go KR runs attack speed blues on her and all three regions run AD reds/MR blues/armor yellows/AS quints commonly. Korea also runs Battle Trance on her whereas NA and EUW run Bounty Hunter.

The reason IE>SHIV>PD has a higher winrate might be statistical noise due to a low sample size; it is much less common than Shiv>IE>PD, as you say.

Bork also just got buffed and I'm expecting it to be built more once Vayne's tumble gets nerfed so Shiv + IE won't be the absolutely strongest build anymore.

killatopak

Gold Member
I just played a game. I dunno if it's a glitch or not but I could see when the enemy team has dcs or if the someone is farming even if they aren't visible in the map. I can see the jungler racking up cs so I know if he's ganking or farming.

Is everybody the same?

IE>Shiv probably has a higher win rate because it's a snowball build. If you have enough gold to finish IE into Zeal in a similar time you'd finish BF Zeal then by all means do that.

Leezard

IE>Shiv probably has a higher win rate because it's a snowball build. If you have enough gold to finish IE into Zeal in a similar time you'd finish BF Zeal then by all means do that.

Yeah, that's a good point. This is common with a couple of highest winrate builds (i.e. buying the most expensive item first).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Follow newt's footsteps. I remember that he always plays Kayle and found success there if he doesn't get adc.

Tbf i don't think kayle's the only one who'll get strong since there are others that are good with rageblade like yi. I think we still have to look if the new rylai's would affect her since it's also one of her core items.

Rylai is good but nashor, rageblade, and hurricane are way more core.

So rage blade first then nashors? Or skip that and go to hurricane after rage?

Nashor as that's a great power spike. Then rage. Then hurricane.

garath

Played my first game of the season last night. Opted for normal draft since I haven't played in so long. Picked Vi for a comfort pick. I made some big mistakes but played pretty well. The opposing team had a jungle blitz that just farmed. Unfortunately they also had a diamond vayne against our silver/bronze botlane. She was 11/1 by the 20 min mark and out cs'd our jinx 2-1. Coupled with their mid Cassiopeia out cs'ing our ziggs by about 30% despite my ganks, it was pretty much a lost game.

So is there any counter at all to the new invis mechanics? Obviously vayne was fed but she was 1v3'ing with ease as her invis made her very strong. No more dropping a pink to counter.

I think I'll just have to do flex queue instead of normal drafts. The lane skill disparity was unfun.

Leezard

Played my first game of the season last night. Opted for normal draft since I haven't played in so long. Picked Vi for a comfort pick. I made some big mistakes but played pretty well. The opposing team had a jungle blitz that just farmed. Unfortunately they also had a diamond vayne against our silver/bronze botlane. She was 11/1 by the 20 min mark and out cs'd our jinx 2-1. Coupled with their mid Cassiopeia out cs'ing our ziggs by about 30% despite my ganks, it was pretty much a lost game.

So is there any counter at all to the new invis mechanics? Obviously vayne was fed but she was 1v3'ing with ease as her invis made her very strong. No more dropping a pink to counter.

I think I'll just have to do flex queue instead of normal drafts. The lane skill disparity was unfun.

IIRC the only thing that can see the current invisibility is someone like Lee, that can reveal champions.

PSqueak

Banned
I just played a game. I dunno if it's a glitch or not but I could see when the enemy team has dcs or if the someone is farming even if they aren't visible in the map. I can see the jungler racking up cs so I know if he's ganking or farming.

Is everybody the same?

I had the bolded happen to me for one game last night. At one point the game notified us that the enemy Fiddlesticks had DC'd.

Emphasis on one game, because the previous game to that the enemy team had a DC but we didn't get notified.

So yesterday I played rakned, lost my first one as support, remake, remake, remake, remake, "sorry we are gonna enable autofill", put me on mid (lol) , remake, remake, had to leave due random stuff , loss

zkylon

zkylewd
btw since elementalist lux is probably releasing this week

BEING ABLE TO SELECT WHICH SKIN U WANT AT THE START OF THE GAME MAKES THE SKIN BETTER PLS ADD THAT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE BULLSHIT MINIGAME I REALLY LIKE DARK LUX AND I JUST WANT TO USE THAT

BEING ABLE TO SELECT WHICH SKIN U WANT AT THE START OF THE GAME MAKES THE SKIN BETTER PLS ADD THAT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE BULLSHIT MINIGAME I REALLY LIKE DARK LUX AND I JUST WANT TO USE THAT

BEING ABLE TO HARD WHICH SKIN U WANT AT THE START OF THE GAME MAKES THE SKIN BETTER PLS ADD THAT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE BULLSHIT MINIGAME I REALLY LIKE DARK LUX AND I JUST WANT TO USE THAT

make it happen rito

Leezard

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/233073948-Elementalist-Lux-FAQ

Elementalist Lux FAQ up.

This means it’ll be sold in the store for 3250 RP (with a Master Edition available with exclusive icons and ward for 3950 RP).

The purchase of Elementalist Lux by itself comes with five special icons. If you purchase Elementalist Lux before December 13, 2016 at 23:59 Pacific Time you will also get a special Elementalist Icon and Elemental Origin Border set. Finally the Master Elementalist Lux bundle includes all the previously listed content as well as an additional five exclusive icons and the Elementalist Ward.
kPr0anu.png

So if you want one of the "mastered" elements as summoner icon you have to pay more. I'm assuming they won't be available in any other way since they are noted to be exclusive.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's ok, those icons are very lame anyways

why would i want an icon that highlights a dumb element instead of lux herself

700 rp more for more icons

What the ever loving fuck. That should be included in the regular bundle, seeing as her ultimate skin is just 10 low tier 750 skins stuck together.

Man riot needs to fit their icon business. Smh

btw since elementalist lux is probably releasing this week

BEING ABLE TO HARD WHICH SKIN U WANT AT THE START OF THE GAME MAKES THE SKIN BETTER PLS ADD THAT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE BULLSHIT MINIGAME I REALLY LIKE DARK LUX AND I JUST WANT TO USE THAT

make it happen rito

in your opinion

some of us actually want to use the different forms and may want to change on the fly in a game

you are one person zkylon

What the ever loving fuck. That should be included in the regular bundle, seeing as her ultimate skin is just 10 low tier 750 skins stuck together.

and a ward skin that's higher quality than our other ward skins (it changes based on your form as Lux) which are usually 640 RP. And a border.

also 10 low tier 750s stuck together?

you are actually a worse poster than nev now lol

in your opinion

some of us actually want to use the different forms and may want to change on the fly in a game

and a ward skin that's higher quality than our other ward skins (it changes based on your form as Lux) which are usually 640 RP. And a border.

*want to change onthe fly till youre locked in

And yeah, the lux skins arent that impressive. So you can change them in game, so what? Its simply charging for the ability to change skins in game.

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/233073948-Elementalist-Lux-FAQ

Elementalist Lux FAQ up.

So if you want one of the "mastered" elements as summoner icon you have to pay more. I'm assuming they won't be available in any other way since they are noted to be exclusive.

I hope that money goes for the rest of skin splash arts

don't remove the minigame, just add this other option for ppl that don't want to play it

in your opinion

Too bad you cant manually change the skin you like until you are done with the minigame and the ward only reacts to lux so its pointless if you choose another champ

in your opinion

And since when do we need a shitty minigame to do that? You can't even change on the fly, you need to play with one form for a while, then choose from a limited pool of forms, then play with that form for a while and only then you can choose from yet another limited pool of skins.

I'm also one person, fuck my feedback amirite

Leezard

The voice lines alone would make every individual skin like an old legendary skin (gentleman cho, brolaf, etc.) . Even if the differences in the skins might not be up to par to a new legendary skin, each individual element skin are at the very least above 1350 RP skins due to voice acting + particle changes alone. People might only really like one or a couple of them so that balances it out though.

I'm not saying whether it's worth it to buy the skin or not, but even without the voice lines it would be closer to 975 RP skins than 750 RP skins.

zkylon

zkylewd
it definitely does not look like a bunch of 750 skins, that's silly

the skins themselves look cool, not ULTIMATE cool but they're nice looking. i mostly don't like the bundling or the minigame

it feels like they had a bunch of lux skins concepts lying around and they just went like "guys it's july and we got no ideas for the next ultimate skin... fuck it let's just bundle these ten lux skins together and it'll be a value proposition!"

it probably wasn't but that's how it feels like and making your favorite skin harder to access feels like they're gating them on purpose so it's not like you just got a super deal on lux skins

the minigame is imo way more of a hindrance than a benefit

Too bad you can manually change the skin you like until you are done with the minigame
i want to be dark lux from the start of the game, not minute 15

Top Bottom