• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

700 rp more for more icons

What the ever loving fuck. That should be included in the regular bundle, seeing as her ultimate skin is just 10 low tier 750 skins stuck together.

Man riot needs to fit their icon business. Smh

Uhh, these are 10 legendary skins smashed together.

Legendary as in, new dances/ new - updated animation kit/ new vos/ new emotes/ new recalls like project Ashe and DS Thresh and all that. Not a fan of giving her 10 skins when Illaoi is still sitting on he thumbs waiting for some love but I get that there's only so much you can do with her kit's lack of flash and flair so this makes sense.

I realise GAF's an echo chamber and probably why I need to take a break from the thread for a while or until you attract some new posters, but the only complaints I hear about the mini game are from the three or four that complain about it here.

that and just kinda done with Breezy's boring old contrarian shitposting

every time I come into this thread you guys are complaining about something and the value of the feedback has slowly been dwindling to the point where most posts are just vitriol

i'm gonna go play Final Fantasy XV on my week off and stay away for a while

Uhh, these are 10 legendary skins smashed together.

Legendary as in, new dances/ new - updated animation kit/ new vos/ new emotes/ new recalls like project Ashe and DS Thresh and all that. Not a fan of giving her 10 skins when Illaoi is still sitting on he thumbs waiting for some love but I get that there's only so much you can do with her kit's lack of flash and flair so this makes sense.

I wouldnt consider them legendary skins tbh. They all look way too similar but with different colors and particles.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldnt consider them legendary skins tbh. They all look way too similar but with different colors and particles.
there's a thing there to be said about most vfx in the skin being recolors but saying they're 750 skins is dumb breezy

you're scaring away costy you dumbass :>

I realise GAF's an echo chamber and probably why I need to take a break from the thread for a while or until you attract some new posters, but the only complaints I hear about the mini game are from the three or four that complain about it here.
So my opinion is in the minority, that's fine and I understand and not every skin needs to please every single person since that's impossible, doesn't mean its not fucking rude to go "lol you're just one person" as if I might as well shut the fuck up.

So my opinion is in the minority, that's fine and I understand and not every skin needs to please every single person since that's impossible, doesn't mean its not fucking rude to go "lol you're just one person" as if I might as well shut the fuck up.

that's not what I'm saying, I'm not dismissing you, I'm simply pointing out that your (plural) opinion doesn't = 100% fact since that's an attitude a lot of people on GAF have

every time the skin is brought up someone or many people bring up the same point. totally get it, you don't like the mini-game, but at least consider what that implementation would even be

multiple different versions of the skin, potentially 10-12 to accommodate people who want the mini-game, people who want to use 2 skins in a game, people who want to only use 1, a version for all of those

this thread has a habit of just shouting "don't like it, do this instead"

zkylon

zkylewd
i didn't take it personally lotion, don't worry about me :>

i can respect costy being like "damn u guys just fucking complain all the time" and i can kind of relate

ppl just find it easier to complain than praise cos when things work right u just play the game, you don't feel the urge to come to a forum and yell at the universe

i try to make my complaining constructive (not always tho, fuck rengar lol), but i can totally understand being frustrated by the avalanche of negativity that can take over this thread some times

so to say something positive about league cos you know, i like having a more positive air in general, i do think the s6 meta has been very enjoyable, i love the elemental dragons so fucking much, i think plants were surprisingly ok, most of the big reworks (poppy, sion, yorick) have been really cool, etc. lots to love about league even if u disagree with a ton of individual stuffs

the game's awesome, it's why i spend hours and hours looking for fanart and talking about it here and obviously playing it

negativity usually comes of caring too much :>

that's not what I'm saying, I'm not dismissing you, I'm simply pointing out that your (plural) opinion doesn't = 100% fact since that's an attitude a lot of people on GAF have

every time the skin is brought up someone or many people bring up the same point. totally get it, you don't like the mini-game, but at least consider what that implementation would even be

multiple different versions of the skin, potentially 10-12 to accommodate people who want the mini-game, people who want to use 2 skins in a game, people who want to only use 1, a version for all of those

i was thinking something like a checkbox in a menu like with dj sona that's luck "skip minigame" and that just makes evolutions have zero cost for say the first minute of the game

so during that short period you can just transform twice, pick your skin and that's it

it's not very elegant but it would solve every problem i can imagine

another solution would just make it last forever but add a short 10s cooldown to the form switching. that way by the time you get to lane you already have your skin but you can't just abuse it by insta switching in the middle of a spell combo or something

negativity absolutely comes from a point of caring which is why I try to take something actionable from what you guys talk about, like the autofill thing. Mining through the vitriol to try and get something actionable from all that was a fucking experience but we got there in the end

at times tho the thread spirals into a negative echo chamber where any value in what you guys say is lost and it then goes from being something I can work off to logging onto the thread and feeling bummed out when I leave. It's different when I go on reddit because it's easy for me to make a faceless post like most other Rioters because we don't know the people and can glean the useful stuff from one or two posts

it's harder with you lot cos I've played with you for years and have even met some of you irl

I'm not even a comms person so it isn't my job to engage you in a rioter-to-player conversation, I just do it cos I want to, but you make it hard sometimes

and I've explained before about how I have context on this that you guys don't which makes it easier for me to preach and make it look like I'm just binging on the fucking kool-aid

anyway tomorrow is a happy day, this week is my week off work of resting and recuperating because Worlds was a busy nightmare for the last few months so gonna pce out for a bit

I took it personally because it applies to me as well so I felt kind of insulted.

I mean, it's a fact for me specifically. At no point have I said that the minigame made it a bad skin, but that it was a dealbreaker for me. It annoys me greatly because I love how most forms look but I absolutely hate Light and I'm forced to use that, I'm aware most people won't give a shit.

And I also understand that making specific versions of the skin would be too much work, but I'm not asking for that, it's not like Riot can't adress the minigame considering they actually nerfed it in the PBE since in the first deployment you could gather up power by farming as well.

Talents

Banned
Aw god, I really want to play FFXV but I don't have a console. Maybe I'll get a PS4 just so I can get FFXV, Star Ocean and Persona then never touch it again...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't think the mini-game is bad as it is sort of disappointing. It's the same reason why I feel disappointed about Pulsefire Ezreal in many ways. I don't think the final form is all that cool compared to the forms that preceded it. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it. I'm sure this is just the nature of the design but also possibly the technical limitations of programming or the engine. I get it. That being said I think that choice is always a good thing. However there comes a point where you have to say "how much choice can we give the players before it simply becomes too much" Ele Lux feels like a premium skin. It most definitely is. That being said if it is so premium I wish there was an option to change how some of the things worked.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think the mini-game is bad as it is sort of disappointing. It's the same reason why I feel disappointed about Pulsefire Ezreal in many ways. I don't think the final form is all that cool compared to the forms that preceded it. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it. I'm sure this is just the nature of the design but also possibly the technical limitations of programming or the engine. I get it. That being said I think that choice is always a good thing. However there comes a point where you have to say "how much choice can we give the players before it simply becomes too much" Ele Lux feels like a premium skin. It most definitely is. That being said if it is so premium I wish there was an option to change how some of the things worked.
yeah that's fair

i feel like pulsefire ezreal will have to be upgraded at some point since even it just looks super dated

Leezard

For some positive news I met my new girlfriend through League. I've met a couple friends thanks to League and she's friends with those people too. It's kind of fun since I've gone through a couple of chains of friends while playing League; i.e. friend group 1 I knew IRL, introduced me to friend group 2, eventually most people in friend group 1 stopped playing. This repeated until I'm now in friend group 4, and that's where I met my girlfriend.

Aw god, I really want to play FFXV but I don't have a console. Maybe I'll get a PS4 just so I can get FFXV, Star Ocean and Persona then never touch it again...

I'm thinking something similar. Persona, FFXV, KH3, Bloodborne. But there's not much interesting stuff for me except that.

zkylon

zkylewd
negativity absolutely comes from a point of caring which is why I try to take something actionable from what you guys talk about, like the autofill thing. Mining through the vitriol to try and get something actionable from all that was a fucking experience but we got there in the end

at times tho the thread spirals into a negative echo chamber where any value in what you guys say is lost and it then goes from being something I can work off to logging onto the thread and feeling bummed out when I leave. It's different when I go on reddit because it's easy for me to make a faceless post like most other Rioters because we don't know the people and can glean the useful stuff from one or two posts

it's harder with you lot cos I've played with you for years and have even met some of you irl

I'm not even a comms person so it isn't my job to engage you in a rioter-to-player conversation, I just do it cos I want to, but you make it hard sometimes

and I've explained before about how I have context on this that you guys don't which makes it easier for me to preach and make it look like I'm just binging on the fucking kool-aid

anyway tomorrow is a happy day, this week is my week off work of resting and recuperating because Worlds was a busy nightmare for the last few months so gonna pce out for a bit
yeah i can understand

it's why i don't take it personally

if meddler tells me to fuck off maybe that's a bit much but u costy u earned that right lol

For some positive news I met my new girlfriend through League. I've met a couple friends thanks to League and she's friends with those people too. It's kind of fun since I've gone through a couple of chains of friends while playing League; i.e. friend group 1 I knew IRL, introduced me to friend group 2, eventually most people in friend group 1 stopped playing. This repeated until I'm now in friend group 4, and that's where I met my girlfriend.
nice

i got invited to the wedding of a girl i was friends with in highschool that i didn't talk to for years until we both started playing league. also i met you bunch which has given me a real sense of community and been kind of my favorite thing about neogaf

i still play with the same ppl that introduced me to league on almost a daily basis, we watch worlds together every year and all that

the social aspect of league is def one of my favorite things about it and without it i wouldn't still be playing it

Leezard

nice

i got invited to the wedding of a girl i was friends with in highschool that i didn't talk to for years until we both started playing league. also i met you bunch which has given me a real sense of community and been kind of my favorite thing about neogaf

i still play with the same ppl that introduced me to league on almost a daily basis, we watch worlds together every year and all that

the social aspect of league is def one of my favorite things about it and without it i wouldn't still be playing it

Yeah, same. I'm mostly playing normal drafts and arams since they let me play with low ranked friends without too much trouble. Ranked is usually less of a priority, even though I play 200 games or something and go up to D3. That's like the last 2 seasons summed up for me.

In positive news, I played vs Twitch jungle today and since I wasn't playing ADC it didn't make me want to hang myself on my chair.

I should probably do that more often. It's like that Snickers commercial where playing something else makes me stop being a whiny diva.

Speaking of new blood, I have been thinking about making a thread or something in gaming side with every new season (maybe not this year, because no time). A lot of old posters MIA or banned or something. I kind of miss the times of Soraka's Cavaliers and stuff.

I dunno.

Leezard

Speaking of new blood, I have been thinking about making a thread or something in gaming side with every new season (maybe not this year, because no time). A lot of old posters MIA or banned or something. I kind of miss the times of Soraka's Cavaliers and stuff.

I dunno.

That would be cool. There are posters mentioning they play League in the gaming side every now and then, maybe they don't know about the thread or they know about it but don't want to write in it.

Overwatch is getting "which is your favorite character"-type threads every week and other games get threads for smaller patches so it shouldn't be an issue even for more than one thread a season.

zkylon

zkylewd

I dunno.
you mean like an ot or like a "hey there's a new season, come chat at ot" thing?

either way it sounds like a good idea

Quonny

3v3 should give mastery tokens and its a crock of shit that it doesnt

even if they make it harder to get than 5s, fine, but come on

mcz117chief

Elementalist Lux wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeen?!?!

I'm getting impatient :(

My 4k riot points are going to burst out of the monitor if I don't spend them soon, they are getting really agitated.

Nekofrog

Banned

that and just kinda done with Breezy's boring old contrarian shitposting

every time I come into this thread you guys are complaining about something and the value of the feedback has slowly been dwindling to the point where most posts are just vitriol

i'm gonna go play Final Fantasy XV on my week off and stay away for a while

All my complaints have been about flex queue matchmaking and role selection at champ select which I hope are valid complaints :3

Calvero

Banned
This beta client. I really hope they change how chat windows work. Especially in champ select where it'll start covering the bottom two players. The always on friends list, while not even a problem because come on, there's nothing behind it lol, is still really annoying to see up all the time. I just want the option to minimize the friend's list. Besides that, any other problems i've had are just those of optimization (that'll hopefully be mostly done by the time the beta ends). I have had this problem where i'll be locking in my champion towards the end of the timer and i'll get an error message. "There was an error in locking in your champion. Try again." I've dodged out of games twice because of this.

OH! and the most bothersome problem i've had with the new client is that whenever i'm done with a session of league and i close the client, it stops responding and i have to manually force quit through my activity monitor. this gets really annoying when i switch onto the legacy client in order to play the rotating game mode.

i try to make my complaining constructive (not always tho, fuck rengar lol)

Your campaign against Rengar and other assassins is honestly rivaling some of DeadName's work.

You should probably cut back on that stuff if you really care about being constructive and not clogging up the thread with unnecessary nonsense.

Thank god I was constructive with Camilles feedback

Sorry costy that Im scaring you away. I just dislike all the skin attention lux gets. Everyone knows that @_@

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe adding a random tier list per match? like last tier being first and first tier being last or something?

I would be mad to be stuck on red dj sona on the first 15 minutes of the game.
i think you're overthinking it

adding the ability to choose your skin at the start of the game and stick with it should have insignificant programming, design and art asset creation cost, as well as minimal testing since it's just not a different system but just playing with variables of an existent one

it's really easy to do, no need to create a weird new system, just allow us to remove the "lux points" requirement and add a short cooldown to it

Your campaign against Rengar and other assassins is honestly rivaling some of DeadName's work.

You should probably cut back on that stuff if you really care about being constructive and not clogging up the thread with unnecessary nonsense.
?

i don't have a big problem with assassins, where did u get that idea?

i dislike rengar and think he's trash but i've already more than once constructively outlined why that is, that was just a joke

This beta client. I really hope they change how chat windows work. Especially in champ select where it'll start covering the bottom two players. The always on friends list, while not even a problem because come on, there's nothing behind it lol, is still really annoying to see up all the time. I just want the option to minimize the friend's list. Besides that, any other problems i've had are just those of optimization (that'll hopefully be mostly done by the time the beta ends). I have had this problem where i'll be locking in my champion towards the end of the timer and i'll get an error message. "There was an error in locking in your champion. Try again." I've dodged out of games twice because of this.

OH! and the most bothersome problem i've had with the new client is that whenever i'm done with a session of league and i close the client, it stops responding and i have to manually force quit through my activity monitor. this gets really annoying when i switch onto the legacy client in order to play the rotating game mode.
yeah they're still figuring that out

not sure what the right answer is, i feel like maybe the client could spare to be a bit bigger and have things be smaller

having a giant ass picture of the champion you picked in the screen looks awesome but there's room to make things a bit tighter so the chat window has enough room not to step on anything

zkylon

zkylewd

really crazy elementalist lux ad cinematic

not sure if i like it or not, she doesn't sound or look like lux so it doesn't do much for me as a lux player, and the ending is kind of super abrupt and unsatisfying but it was cool looking at least

like that above is a really cool looking character model, i want to meet her and know what her story is, but that's not lux

zkylon

zkylewd
it's the same voice actress as OG Lux btw
yeah i actually spent a while on pbe trying to tell if it was the same voice actress because the delivery is so different

i had the impression it was but it was hard to tell

i do think it's a cool video, they do like those mass effect zoom outs i like so much and they gave lux freckles which i approve

wish there was a conclusion tho, let me see that malphite dude blow up in a million pieces you know

zkylon

zkylewd
clicked on related videos, watched the zedd one again

man that video was fucking sick

i think looking back it's my favorite riot's ever done, even better than the anime one, just because of how fucking epic seeing those plays was

It's Lina after she got purple contacts and her and Rylai got into a fist-fight
nah, lina is dumb looking

Is that like Demacia in ruins or something?
that's what i was thinking, tho the like big icon looks like the assassins creed icon more than demacia

Found the Rengar player.
yeah haha

zkylon

zkylewd
watched it again, i like it a bit more, specially appreciate the music (i hope they use that for the login) and her using all her abilities to like snare malphite and shield herself and like honestly listening to her voice again it does sound like lux, just like with another personality (which is kind of a bummer since i love lux's personality)

i still think it feels cheap not to have like a conclusion to the video and i feel that's kind of a thing riot does more often than they should? can't think of many examples atm but i think the kled video did the same thing of cutting to the league logo just as things were actually gonna happen?

but yeah it's a cool video, i take back the part about her not sounding like lux

watched it again, i like it a bit more, specially appreciate the music (i hope they use that for the login) and her using all her abilities to like snare malphite and shield herself and like honestly listening to her voice again it does sound like lux, just like with another personality (which is kind of a bummer since i love lux's personality)

i still think it feels cheap not to have like a conclusion to the video and i feel that's kind of a thing riot does more often than they should? can't think of many examples atm but i think the kled video did the same thing of cutting to the league logo just as things were actually gonna happen?

but yeah it's a cool video, i take back the part about her not sounding like lux

this is the login

Is that Malphite?

CyYjjtPW8AEHCc2.jpg:large

perfect_dark_zero_200287.jpg

mmm

Jhin video is still the most erratic, "I dont know what I just saw" video from LoL I have ever seen

I was expecting her to turn into Wood Lux considering Lux was reacting to her sorroundings and her feelings =(

At least magic gives you free make up

zkylon

zkylewd
yea it's a good tune

Malphite?
yea i love how we all go for malphite haha

it doesn't really look like him but idk

is that johanna dark?

idk

Jhin video is still the most erratic, "I dont know what I just saw" video from LoL I have ever seen

I was expecting her to turn into Wood Lux considering Lux was reacting to her sorroundings and her feelings =(

At least magic gives you free make up
yeah i love the sparkly lip gloss lol, that's cool

Honestly, my first thought was that she was fighting against brambleback (red buff). Which doesn't make sense, silly Lux go for the blue buff! you noob!

zkylon

zkylewd
rito meddler said:
Update here - we'll be making some changes to Krugs in 6.24. That'll be targeted primarily, or possibly only, at the first clear. That'll involve something like making them take a bit longer (higher early health?), changing it so Krugs+Red won't put you at 3 by themselves (need to grab Raptors, Scuttle or something else) or some other change again that removes the level 3 versus level 1 bot lane gank.

Also still assessing jungle XP in other circumstances, nothing else stands out to the same degree though.
red into golems lvl 3 rush getting nerfed soon

This new Final Fantasy game looks cooler than I expected.

this explains all the ff14 costy was playing

Honestly, my first thought was that she was fighting against brambleback (red buff). Which doesn't make sense, silly Lux go for the blue buff! you noob!
yea it does look like red buff a bit

?

i don't have a big problem with assassins, where did u get that idea?

Because it seems to me like every time I see you mention an assassin, you're talking about how unhealthy they are, and I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about an assassin other than LeBlanc since that is a champion you play- which brings me to my other point.

The reason why I can't take any of the constructive parts of what you have to say too seriously is because I know that LB, Lux, Syndra & co. are some of your staples, and they are just as "problematic". If you equally bash those AP mages, the things you have to say regarding some other assassins would be fine because at least you'd be neutral.

Top Bottom