• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

From the video description:
A kingdom hangs on the edge of ruin as an army of titanic elemental beasts wage war on humanity. The last line of defense is held by a lone warrior queen, Elementalist Lux. To save her people, she must look within and reveal her true nature...no matter what form it takes.

So kind of like in Hercules?

zkylon

zkylewd
Because it seems to me like every time I see you mention an assassin, you're talking about how unhealthy they are, and I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive about an assassin other than LeBlanc since that is a champion you play- which brings me to my other point.

The reason why I can't take any of the constructive parts of what you have to say too seriously is because I know that LB, Lux, Syndra & co. are some of your staples, and they are just as "problematic". If you equally bash those AP mages, the things you have to say regarding some other assassins would be fine because at least you'd be neutral.
why would i "equally bash" all champions

i only hate on the champions i think are bad and i would very much disagree that lux, leblanc or syndra are as bad as rengar

heck i think khazix is pretty fucking bullshit and i still wouldn't say he's as bad as rengar, rengar is the worst lol

i've criticized things about my favorite champions before, i think lux vfx should have a ton more clarity and i think her e is kind of a boring spell, for instance. but lux/lb/etc. aren't irredeemable as a champion like rengar is. hey i think they're really good, that's why i like playing them. i got bored of lux when she was op and got back to playing her after the nerfs, i like when champions feel like they got marked strength and weaknesses, and maybe they're not quite orianna (who you've decided to ignore for some reason) but they're much better than rengar lol

also i've said many times that champions i like and play are busted like current ryze and cassiopeia a couple patches ago. i would prefer if they were balanced but ryze is too damn fun what can i say

other assassins idk what you mean, i think there are issues with most of them but i also think there are issues with most mages :T

From the video description:

So kind of like in Hercules?
idk i just read that as some nonsense that doesn't relate in any way to the real game so not very interested :p

i only hate on the champions i think are bad and i would very much disagree that lux, leblanc or syndra are as bad as rengar

I wanna see Riot dish out a survey on a topic like this. I think most of the League population would rank at least 2 of those mages higher on the "WTF is this champion" list lol

zkylon

zkylewd
I wanna see Riot dish out a survey on a topic like this. I think most of the League population would rank at least 2 of those mages higher on the "WTF is this champion" list lol
you're talking about syndra and leblanc i'm guessing since i don't think many people ever complain about lux

leblanc i can see, she's very frustrating to play against and she's been a pain point both in competitive and solo q for a while. syndra is probably reaching, for most of her existence nobody has ever cared about syndra and it's not until very recently she's seen success. but that's mostly her being op at the moment, which will probably be solved with a nerf or two

rengar is way more similar to leblanc, boasting two major reworks and the hatred of the community for a long time

but the problem with u here is that the bias you're talking here is not there, i've talked a lot here about ways to nerf syndra, i've talked critically a lot about champions i like playing like cassiopeia, viktor, ryze, lulu, ahri, lux, etc.

i just dislike rengar a lot dude

zkylon

zkylewd
CyZY2wMUcAADG3q.jpg:large

finally the zeronis concept art is out

love em heels

i want the rest ;_;

i need an evil lux avatar

I hope when Rylais gets nerfed everyone stops playing Viktor so I can have him to myself again.
i should play more viktor

I'm legit shocked with how much statistics and videos this dude has about his ranked games.
who

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you play Lux I don't see why you would not buy this skin. Lux is still Zzz incarnate though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
WTF Riot. I just got kicked from ranked champ select cuz the shitty client wouldn't let me ban anyone. What. The. Fuck. I better not have lost a placement match cuz of that.

My laptop just died for some reason it doesn't read my ssd anymore. I install the drivers and it reads them again, but after it does a reboot it stops reading the ssd. It shows the slots as Empty in the BIOS. Weird.

(I'm on my old laptop)

Some dude arguing with a rioter on the boards.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
When the actual season starts do you do another set of placement matches for flex queue? Or does it already start where you started off in pre-season. I'm 1-4 right now in placement matches and pretty pissed off.

zkylon

zkylewd
man if the rumors are true the new kt vs skt is gonna be fucking amazing

deft, mata, smeb and pawn in kt, score is no superstar but he's alright

then peanut in skt and i wonder who their new toplaner will be

if marin came back that'd be epic

killatopak

Gold Member
man if the rumors are true the new kt vs skt is gonna be fucking amazing

deft, mata, smeb and pawn in kt, score is no superstar but he's alright

then peanut in skt and i wonder who their new toplaner will be

if marin came back that'd be epic

WOW.

Korea vs Korea Worlds Finals Part 3.

zkylon

zkylewd
the lux ad isn't the big 2016 cinematic right?

not that i'm expecting one given how little year we have left, but i'm still hoping for a dope cinematic with an actual story to come along

So, what are the odds of Riot announcing a new game in the next 6 months?

I have been thinking that with the new client, the universe page, and how everything is getting very structured. (Skin lines, reworks, champions reveals, etc) Even the eSports side if the deal with MLBAM happens. I can't help but notice how consolidated and efficient the pipelines are getting, and how there will be solid foundation in the framework to keep maintaining League of Legends.

Obviously this has always been a goal for Riot (or any game developer) to be able to keep both the quality and the quantity of content while being able to reduce the amount of people needed for this. With the new client and all the teams (new skins, new champs, reworks, etc) it feels like they already have the machine both well designed and well oiled to be able to move a lot of people to work on the Next-Big-Thing.

And I'm sure that if I, as a final user, get this feeling from the outside. All these changes must have happened in the inside a while ago, maybe a year or something. Enough that maybe a lot of the people at Riot may be already been working on the next-big-thing for a while now. I'm just really excited to see what they do next. And I hope I have a lot of fun with it, because honestly Riot is the kind of game developer I feel I would gladly support. For all the mistakes they have done/will do, I feel it's heavily outweighted by their focus with the community/player.

I strongly support their goal of aspiring to be the most player-focused game company. In my opinion it's a win-win situation or non zero sum game.
the lux ad isn't the big 2016 cinematic right?

not that i'm expecting one given how little year we have left, but i'm still hoping for a dope cinematic with an actual story to come along

I'm sure we are getting a new one before Summer 2017.

zkylon

zkylewd
So, what are the odds of Riot announcing a new game in the next 6 months?

I have been thinking that with the new client, the universe page, and how everything is getting very structured. (Skin lines, reworks, champions reveals, etc) Even the eSports side if the deal with MLBAM happens. I can't help but notice how consolidated and efficient the pipelines are getting, and how there will be solid foundation in the framework to keep maintaining League of Legends.

Obviously this has always been a goal for Riot (or any game developer) to be able to keep both the quality and the quantity of content while being able to reduce the amount of people needed for this. With the new client and all the teams (new skins, new champs, reworks, etc) it feels like they already have the machine both well designed and well oiled to be able to move a lot of people to work on the Next-Big-Thing.

And I'm sure that if I, as a final user, get this feeling from the outside. All these changes must have happened in the inside a while ago, maybe a year or something. Enough that maybe a lot of the people at Riot may be already been working on the next-big-thing for a while now. I'm just really excited to see what they do next. And I hope I have a lot of fun with it, because honestly Riot is the kind of game developer I feel I would gladly support. For all the mistakes they have done/will do, I feel it's heavily outweighted by their focus with the community/player.

I strongly support their goal of aspiring to be the most player-focused game company. In my opinion it's a win-win situation or non zero sum game.
i think whatever riot makes next is gonna be a big statement on where they're headed as a company, so i'm sure they'll take their sweet time making it

i imagine it'll be something smaller than league cos u can't really get much bigger than league but i'm sure they don't want it to feel like too small in case it comes as a disappointment (wouldn't be for me but u know)

i'm sure it'll be something multiplayer, probably competitive, and since they bought that fighting game company i'm guessing they'll do something along the lines of a fighting game?

i'm down with anything league related, will give a shot whatever else they do but probably much less enthusiastically unless the pitch is really, really good

I'm sure we are getting a new one before Summer 2017.
i sure hope so

Wait it's going to have some sort of sale? Is this a new policy? I didn't think Ultimate skins got sales. Halp.

They didn't, but this changed a year ago when they introduced early sales:
TLDR:
  • We’re adding 2 additional champions and skins per week (now 8 instead of 6) to our standard 50% off discounts, effective immediately
  • We’re introducing an early sale for recently released skins, so you don’t have to wait a year for a skin’s first sale
  • All tiers, including future Legendaries, will be eligible for the early sale
  • Starting 2016, the early sale will replace launch discounts
  • To get things started, we’re rolling out an early sale with Extra Bonus RP on Dec. 3rd(2015)
[...]
So we're making future Legendary skins eligible for the early sale (previously released 1820s won’t be going on sale though). This’ll be the only time Legendary and Ultimate skins will be purchasable at a direct discount.

Bringing all of our skins onto the same early sale schedule means there will no longer be a launch sale for 1350s and Ultimates starting in the new year.
source

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought the Star Guardians thing was it.
i hope not, i distintly remember costy saying something like there's a more story oriented cinematic in the works and i'm taking his word for it!

Wait it's going to have some sort of sale? Is this a new policy? I didn't think Ultimate skins got sales. Halp.
as part as the no launch week sales change they added a thing called early sales in which all skins get discounted a bit at some point in the sixth months after their release

it's basically the 975 launch price for 1350 skins but applied to everything, including ultimates, which go for 2450 (which is the price dj sona launched at)

i kind of like the change cos it makes it less of a launch day craze where u buy something you may not be super into (idk i bought arcade mf even if i never play her) just cos it's on sale. kind of like a steam thing

they still have some of that with the whole dumb loading border and stuff but i'm guessing that's a lot less effective than a sale. if i were me i would remove all that manipulative bullshit but companies are companies

anyways, back to the topic, expect the skin to be 2450rp in a few months, it's probably gonna be like 6 i bet since it's an ultimate skin and if they discount it like in january people might feel a bit cheated

i hope not, i distintly remember costy saying something like there's a more story oriented cinematic in the works and i'm taking his word for it!

as part as the no launch week sales change they added a thing called early sales in which all skins get discounted a bit at some point in the sixth months after their release

it's basically the 975 launch price for 1350 skins but applied to everything, including ultimates, which go for 2450 (which is the price dj sona launched at)

i kind of like the change cos it makes it less of a launch day craze where u buy something you may not be super into (idk i bought arcade mf even if i never play her) just cos it's on sale. kind of like a steam thing

they still have some of that with the whole dumb loading border and stuff but i'm guessing that's a lot less effective than a sale. if i were me i would remove all that manipulative bullshit but companies are companies

anyways, back to the topic, expect the skin to be 2450rp in a few months, it's probably gonna be like 6 i bet since it's an ultimate skin and if they discount it like in january people might feel a bit cheated

understood. tyvm. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

mcz117chief

I remember that Riot was talking about a big cinematic shortly before release of the new arcade skins so I was expecting one for the arcade series but later they released the whole Star Guardian thing with a cinematic so I thought that was it when it comes to big cinematics for this year.

Hubb

That was never going to happen, they said 4-6 months. Though I doubt this skin will get a sale in March, probably closer to May.

I'm sure Riot makes more money this way with impulse buys, but I too am going to wait instead of buying it on release. Lux is my 3rd most played, and the first champion to get a legendary skin that I actually play. Once the new shinny-ness of it wears off from seeing other people use it in game I'm not sure I'll want to drop 2500rp in 6 months.

It also doesn't help that I have gotten SG Udyr and DJ Sona from free hextech boxes.

Did they buff vayne? Haven't kept up with buff notes, but what makes Vayne better today then last season?
They buffed her a few patches back which made her Q deal 700+ damage to squishies with two items if it crits and then nerfed every champion aside from Cait that can anihilate her in lane.

Her being good vs the tanky meta is a bonus, she's basically hypercarry Draven now, unless you destroy her in lane - which is really hard with Warlords and nerfed Fervor - she just pretty much auto wins.

Leezard

How are you supposed to play against Vayne? You dick her in lane but as soon as she gets BF+Shiv it doesn't even matter.
She's op now so you beat her down even harder and/or try to finish the game more quickly.
Did they buff vayne? Haven't kept up with buff notes, but what makes Vayne better today then last season?

They buffed her a few patches back which made her Q deal 700+ damage to squishies with two items if it crits and then nerfed every champion aside from Cait that can anihilate her in lane.

Her being good vs the tanky meta is a bonus, she's basically hypercarry Draven now, unless you destroy her in lane - which is really hard with Warlords and nerfed Fervor - she just pretty much auto wins.

Like SO says she post-buff gets 70% bonus AD off of her Q now, so she goes Shiv + IE and tumbles will deal massive damage 50% of the time. The bonus AD can crit, see.

Without this she would probably still be strong thanks to buffed bork and tanks running rampant.

She's op now so you beat her down even harder and/or try to finish the game more quickly.

Like SO says she post-buff gets 70% bonus AD off of her Q now, so she goes Shiv + IE and tumbles will deal massive damage 50% of the time. The bonus AD can crit, see.

Without this she would probably still be strong thanks to buffed bork and tanks running rampant.

Easy

Remove the base damage on Q, instead have it be something like 'Does bonus HP% damage on next auto attack/while active', and bam. Can't kill squishies as easily anymore, and remains a tank killer.

Top Bottom