• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Adcs always complain though. No matter if it's tank, mage, assassin or bruiser meta they always feel bad. I'm not judging whether they are justified in that or not, it's just that they always complain in every meta.
It's not really a matter of complaints or it being justified or not, it's just that in situations like this the ADC playerbase takes a nosedive until something braindead like Lucian becomes meta.

killatopak

Gold Member
They're always the number one priority target. Bot lane also gets ganked the most since it's the most lucrative lane to gank if successful. It's no wonder they complain. At the very least,they don't have to deal with lane meta changes like top lane turning tanky/bruiser/carry focused or mid lane turning mage or assassin focused. They just need to build damage and that's it. Their meta changes largely focus on item builds and not changing their playstyle.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Miami Herald said:
“Cuba remains a Latin American anomaly: an undemocratic government that represses nearly all forms of political dissent,” the independent group Human Rights Watch observed in 2008. “Cubans are systematically denied basic rights to free expression, association, assembly, privacy, movement, and due process of law.”
How much League fan art do you think comes from Cuba?

Take a moment with me

What if

Adcs just disappeared completely from the meta and werent necessary each game

Wouldnt that be wonderful

What if mages took their place and tank characters the place of support

Oh that would be joyous

And adcs just became a niche pick not seen nor needed in every game

Just dream with me a little

killatopak

Gold Member
Yeah picks are still a thing to worry about but it's not like you change how you play like being melee or range. I admit that adcs are probably the hardest role to play though. So many things to micro manage and things to look out for. Top lane in comparison has a bit more tanky champs even for the carry ones so they can soak a bit more damage. Adcs on the other hand is like wet paper so they have to kite and do other menial stuff at the same time in order to get the same rewards as the others. It's a pretty demanding role so I can understand the whining but it doesn't make it any less hard to listen to lol.

Take a moment with me

What if

Oh that would be joyous

Riot already tried that with morde but it resulted in a very inbalanced mess. I'm sure it's possible to do so again but I don't think riot has found a satisfying way to do so.

Leezard

It's not really a matter of complaints or it being justified or not, it's just that in situations like this the ADC playerbase takes a nosedive until something braindead like Lucian becomes meta.

Do we have actual stats on that?

Also, Vayne is close to braindead strong right now. She's harder than Lucian for sure, but she makes up for it by being really overpowered so you don't need to be great at her mechanics.

I'm like pretty sure Yasuo was explicity said to be Riot taking a shot at making a mid lane melee carry.
Do we have actual stats on that?

Also, Vayne is close to braindead strong right now. She's harder than Lucian for sure, but she makes up for it by being really overpowered so you don't need to be great at her mechanics.
No real stats, just anecdotal evidence from my experience with ADC queues in lower ELOs. I forgot to mention, this is only really for plat and under, Diamond+ players don't really give a shit.

Leezard

I'm like pretty sure Yasuo was explicity said to be Riot taking a shot at making a mid lane melee carry.

No real stats, just anecdotal evidence from my experience with ADC queues in lower ELOs. I forgot to mention, this is only really for plat and under, Diamond+ players don't really give a shit.

All right, I see.

zkylon

zkylewd
all hail shurelya

I'm more sick of his thread in this forum painting him in a good light but what do I know? I'm only from the country his buddy Chavez destroyed with his help, so I must be brainwashed by the american media amirite?
like i said i won't talk about the topic itself, i only mentioned the danielzklein shit cos it was sort of relevant here

if u wanna yell at ppl i suggest you do it in the relevant thread

How much League fan art do you think comes from Cuba?
you would have to ask costy if riot makes league available in cuba

Take a moment with me

What if

Oh that would be joyous

i think it would be cool but i can't even imagine the number of systems changes necessary to not only make this viable but also make it fun for both the new champions in the role and adcs

i do think it's healthy for the game that it's not just random and that like different classes go different places, at least in majority. like i think it's a good thing if mid is mostly mages and some assassins, top is mostly bruisers and tanks, and some mages, and maybe bot is adc+support and in some cases some weird mages or bruisers with a support

but having everyone go everywhere i'm not sure it would be totally interesting

Riot already tried that with morde but it resulted in a very inbalanced mess. I'm sure it's possible to do so again but I don't think riot has found a satisfying way to do so.
like i said when riot made the morde changes, you can't just force a champion in there, you have to make big ass systems changes to support this

else you get a champion that either completely warps the meta or that's useless

changes as big as these need to be a lot more organic and systems-based, which is really hard to do when your game is already live and people are happy as it is

i think if riot would ever release league 2, they would probably make sure adcs weren't mandatory, but now it's just really hard to implement without ruining the game

i wouldn't mind seeing them try tho

Tank fights nowadays:

llbclb.webm

Talents

Banned
Man I wish Riot would change it so you couldn't look up peoples ranks. I always get hard camped in normals because I'm usually the highest rank and it sucks so hard.

they still haven't fixed me but it's not that big of a deal

i guess someone other than me will create a club cos this doesn't seem like it'll be fixed in a long while

Yeah, I would have just done a reset, but I guess Riot is trying to avoid any "player pain" that may come with people losing their unique name and tag.

Also what's the current status with runes? As in, what are the best runes and shit?

I have the same runes I used back in season 2014 (?). I'm not quite sure. But I do have a lot of health on them, back when health runes were king.

I have the same runes from like 2012

thats cause I brought all the ones I needed then

edit-why the fuck hasn't riot removed runes jesus christ they're just there

zkylon

zkylewd
btw kitsu i tried doing ur language trick and league just wouldn't launch, had to set it back to latin american

sigh

Yeah, I would have just done a reset, but I guess Riot is trying to avoid any "player pain" that may come with people losing their unique name and tag.

Also what's the current status with runes? As in, what are the best runes and shit?

I have the same runes I used back in season 2014 (?). I'm not quite sure. But I do have a lot of health on them, back when health runes were king.
mid is about the same

ap quints, mpen reds, hp/lvl yellows, 6 cdr/lvl blues and then 3 ap/lvl blues (or mr/lvl if u want)

only exceptions are like ryze that takes ms quints i guess

I have the same runes from like 2012

thats cause I brought all the ones I needed then

edit-why the fuck hasn't riot removed runes jesus christ they're just there
i understand why rito doesn't remove them, lots of ppl spent a lot of ip buying them and time thinking about them and removing a system that maybe not many ppl like but some do and not replacing it with anything might feel crappy for a bunch of ppl

they want to replace it with something else and that's ok, i'm just not very optimistic since masteries have been a complete disaster

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah it's hard to believe how braindead broken vayne is right now

literally takes 2/3rds of your life with a single q

so much skill in a single champion

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like rune and mastery pages are really annoyingly organized in the new client

like it wasn't great on the old client either but at least u sort of had them one next to the other without needing to click on a dropdown menu

i also think the idea of having a single column list of these is pretty bad, u should have like at the very least multiple columns, and maybe set them up in categories and shit

Talents

Banned
I feel like Riot didn't account for the amount of people who dodge now whenever they get a role they didn't queue up for. The reason they enabled autofill for everyone was for quicker queues, but it takes longer than before to get a game because people just dodge whenever they get off roles/

Its because riot catered and created unreasonable expectations for players by telling them they would almost always get their primary/secondary role

Now that autofill is on 247 theyre taking away the players cake and expecting them to learn new roles

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just confused why perma autofill was needed, like in the later parts of the season when riot had fixed matchmaking and just enabled autofill at late hours things just worked great

i'm just confused why perma autofill was needed, like in the later parts of the season when riot had fixed matchmaking and just enabled autofill at late hours things just worked great

Im guessing one of two things-
1. Their main goal is to reduce queue times above all, even to the ire of their players

2. The playerbase situation is more dire than they are letting on, and enabling autofill permanently helps compress that bleed due to some roles simply being more popular than others.

At this point, they should just remove role selection from being a queue..theyre trying to have their cake and eat it, too by trying to appease everyone..

Talents

Banned
I'm just hoping that Riot sees that perma autofill didn't work and disable it for next season. I have 0 will to play any ranked with autofill perma enabled.

zkylon

zkylewd
i play on a smallish region and never had long queue times in mid-low plat elo

i can't imagine 99% of the league population needing autofill unless the expectations are blind pick queue times, which is dumb

Leezard

Im guessing one of two things-
1. Their main goal is to reduce queue times above all, even to the ire of their players

2. The playerbase situation is more dire than they are letting on, and enabling autofill permanently helps compress that bleed due to some roles simply being more popular than others.

At this point, they should just remove role selection from being a queue..theyre trying to have their cake and eat it, too by trying to appease everyone..

More like

3. Flex and solo/duo both being a thing will make it worse than before, no matter the playerbase situation.

I'd just let flex die, but I know a lot of people like it. I don't mind autofill either since it will never happen to me though.

zkylon

zkylewd
More like

3. Flex and solo/duo both being a thing will make it worse than before, no matter the playerbase situation.

I'd just let flex die, but I know a lot of people like it. I don't mind autofill either since it will never happen to me though.

oh yeah, that's true

yeah just kill flex

i liked dynamic queue, but having two queues is not an improvement

More like

Oh yeah

I forgot they practically aplit their playerbase

Kangi

OFA Kennen vs. Ezreal.

Lanemate flames me. Goes to other lanes to die, as well. Builds a mana item on Kennen. Tries to surrender when they take one inner turret. My team almost agreed. Winds up with negative KDA in a game full of free kills. I wind up with half our total kills.

Even when my team wins they make me want to die. I should probably stop playing again.

zkylon

zkylewd
To this day I'm still not sure what keystone masteries are good for. They seem like one too many balance levers to pull.
despite what was intended, keystones offer absolutely zero customization of playstyle and they're perfectly min maxeable so the only thing they do is reward and reinforce some desirable play patterns (extended trades on bruisers, short trades on mages) that could be donde much more elegantly through itemization (as in, doran's ring now has thunderlords passive, dorans shield has grasp, doran's blade has warlords, and none of these passivescale past laning phase)

you can put other cool passives like the speed up thing on like ludens echo and the tank shield thing on some initiation item (i never know the names of tank items so w/e), while other keystones like deathfire touch and windspeakers blessing are already represented in items like liandrys and athenes

They could just turn everything back to season 5 soloq but retain the role selection.
they probably should

if they did a survey ppl probably would put playing their role above playing with their friends since they can play with their friends in normals anyways

put draft pick back and that's it

like it feels like riot thought to themselves that the important part to keep about s6 was dynamic queue while in reality what everybody loved was just having their own role. i really liked dynamic queue but i'm more than willing to give it up if i don't have to play fucking jungle or top ever again

Top Bottom