• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Talents

Banned
Whoever at Rito is in charge of the position selection system, hmu and change my account to get mid 100% of the time. I'll keep quiet.

drawkcaB

Three S7 jungle matches, all losses. Looks like I'm back to being awful. Quite frustrating as usual. I've watched the replays for each and yes I'm making mistakes, but I'm not getting out jungled by any stretch, the opposing jungler is just getting way more opportunities than I am and my lanes are fucking up hard.

15196106_1178376515531707_8691982067857463870_o.jpg

Talents

Banned
i mean, even on the old system of "top pref" i got top at least 80% of the time

0/5 so far on this system

Honestly, I feel they definitely broke something this patch. It seems loads of people are suddenly unable to get their primary roles. I personally went 2/7 today.

i mean, even on the old system of "top pref" i got top at least 80% of the time

0/5 so far on this system

Right, and you don't enter a queue thinking "I'm going to get my primary role most of the time" when you and Talents(Prolly our current highest players) have both gone through streaks of not getting that primary role(And in talents case, not getting that nor secondary).

And that'll tilt diamond players, if they're given their cake and then have it snatched away because autofill. Honestly at Diamond+(High plat, even), role selection should be removed, and the disclaimer should be 'You're high elo enough. This is the real test. Either you know the game good enough to be up here, or you don't and will fall.'

And I think that's fair. Back in my hayday I learned to play all roles competently. When they introduced the role system, I veered mainly into top and sometimes mid, where if I tried playing any other role right now I would suck shit. So I say remove the role system for high elo-because it sets unreasonable expectations to the players, and players tunnel into a role in a way that when they're forced to do something else, they'll become tilted/tilt others/suck and lose.

Nekofrog

Banned
Right, and you don't enter a queue thinking "I'm going to get my primary role most of the time" when you and Talents(Prolly our current highest players) have both gone through streaks of not getting that primary role(And in talents case, not getting that nor secondary).

And that'll tilt diamond players, if they're given their cake and then have it snatched away because autofill. Honestly at Diamond+(High plat, even), role selection should be removed, and the disclaimer should be 'You're high elo enough. This is the real test. Either you know the game good enough to be up here, or you don't and will fall.'

And I think that's fair. Back in my hayday I learned to play all roles competently. When they introduced the role system, I veered mainly into top and sometimes mid, where if I tried playing any other role right now I would suck shit. So I say remove the role system for high elo-because it sets unreasonable expectations to the players, and players tunnel into a role in a way that when they're forced to do something else, they'll become tilted/tilt others/suck and lose.

these are all on my silver smurf :*(

edit: WAIT I GOT IT ONCE but it was a remake and it was back to off role after that :(

riot halp

like I assumed high plat/diamond has a smaller playerbase compared to lower elos

but if it's happening to your silver

then either nobody is playing the unwanted roles(adc/support/jungle?), or the community has shrunk

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if something is broken right now, I went jg/ADC and got ADC 6 times in a row, I went top/jg and got jg 3/4 times, I went top/ ADC and got ADC twice

I think I have gotten my primary less than 1/4th of my last 15+ games

Talents

Banned
How do you play top when every other lane loses hard to the point where there's a 25 mejai stack mid laner on the enemy team? At least when I mid I can carry by killing everyone, but as a top lnaer i just get kited.

killatopak

Gold Member
Kill your lane. Roam mid and tele bot whenever possible. It's just like mid actually just without the blue buffs. It's also easier to look for ganks since it's just at one side most of the time.

Talents

Banned
The only top laner I've found that I liked is Darius, and I just can't do shit if my team loses. Like I dicked top pretty hard, had a 60 cs lead and a kill on him, he couldn't even walk up to the cs really. But then Vel'koz just 1 shots me with 25 mejai stacks and I can't even get to any of them before I die. They just flashed away whenever I flashed onto them.

Nekofrog

Banned
The only top laner I've found that I liked is Darius, and I just can't do shit if my team loses. Like I dicked top pretty hard, had a 60 cs lead and a kill on him, he couldn't even walk up to the cs really. But then Vel'koz just 1 shots me with 25 mejai stacks and I can't even get to any of them before I die. They just flashed away whenever I flashed onto them.

classic_irelia_by_yepvans-d9lrdr8.png

a9ba867f5266d9731424f0dff023bf79.jpg

all you need for that lane

jerd

Not sure if it's already been covered but apparently they changed it this patch so you don't get repeatedly shit on if you have support/fill as your secondary which is leading to the weird roles. Basically the pool of possible support players is smaller because they're trying to reward people for putting support secondary by giving them their primary roles more often.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not sure if it's already been covered but apparently they changed it this patch so you don't get repeatedly shit on if you have support/fill as your secondary which is leading to the weird roles. Basically the pool of possible support players is smaller because they're trying to reward people for putting support secondary by giving them their primary roles more often.
God bless.

killatopak

Gold Member

I find that top laners can affect the momentum of the game the most at early game. In late game most top laners function as meat shields with the exception of some like yasuo.

I suggest going for cross map plays. You can even use tp on mid. I find that if your mid puts wards on the wall next to the raptors, you can get the mid caught off guard by your gank.

I think the problem you have with top laners is that you can't really carry the whole team as effectively as mid and adc in the late game so it kinda sucks when you're doing well and your whole team feeds. Tanky top generally functions as a second support at late game and just cc and peels for the team. Carry top laners are great for carrying but still needs someone in the team to be tanky in their place so it's a matter off team comp. While a jugg like darius may do well but still needs his team so someone can initiate or lock down the enemy team.

Riot made the game more team oriented so it's pretty hard to carry like the old times by yourself.

well i just had my own "lose all respect for danielzklein" tweet moment

fuck that guy

You're not american

so I know where you're coming from, he's ignorant in regards to what you're talking about. Castro was painted negatively by american media for the past 50 years or so. But yeah it's pretty sick of him. Not saying Castro was purely good, but like any leader in any country, he did bad and good things.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're not american

so I know where you're coming from, he's ignorant in regards to what you're talking about. Castro was painted negatively by american media for the past 50 years or so. But yeah it's pretty sick of him. Not saying Castro was purely good, but like any leader in any country, he did bad and good things.
danielzklein is not american

not gonna open up a discussion on fidel castro and communism here because it's not the right place or whatever

i appreciate your comment tho

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, what can you do (outside of throwing away my taliyah avatar cos seriously fuck that guy)

also since this forum is a cesspool outside of this lovely thread, i'd suggest folks that want to remain unbanned to not get into threads regarding the topic

Leezard

Hey man, don't forget about me.

I strongly disagree about removing role selection though, even with autofill you get better results than the old queue. Old queue had autofill every other game, and you could get stuck with several support mains or several adc mains. At least now you're less likely to get two jungle mains on one team and no jungle main on the other team.

I think role selection is one of the best things they've ever done with ranked. It's sad it got coupled with dynamic queue and that autofill is necessary due to a low pool of support players, but even with autofill it's a better system than the old one since you could get many support mains on the same team and screw over other teams and games. You had way more autofill and role hostage taking with the old system.

like I assumed high plat/diamond has a smaller playerbase compared to lower elos

but if it's happening to your silver

then either nobody is playing the unwanted roles(adc/support/jungle?), or the community has shrunk
It's a tank/assassin meta where there's basically 3 good ADCs, I wouldn't be surprised if you found more people wanting to fucking support than ADC
well i just had my own "lose all respect for danielzklein" tweet moment

pls move me to the fuck that guy camp
Welcome to the club

clemenx

Banned
I'm more sick of his thread in this forum painting him in a good light but what do I know? I'm only from the country his buddy Chavez destroyed with his help, so I must be brainwashed by the american media amirite?

Leezard

It's a tank/assassin meta where there's basically 3 good ADCs, I wouldn't be surprised if you found more people wanting to fucking support than ADC

Adcs always complain though. No matter if it's tank, mage, assassin or bruiser meta they always feel bad. I'm not judging whether they are justified in that or not, it's just that they always complain in every meta.

Top Bottom