• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

This is like comparing Payton Manning to Michael Jordan.
ur the one that called him a nobody not me.
And Faker is one of the greatest e-sports players of all time...

no he's the greatest league of legends player of all time. drop him into a different game and he'd get absolutely shit on by their respective pros. dumb measurements with these gaping wide parameters will never work because there is no quantifiable way to compare the different genres. would daigo or flash be considered better than faker due to their dominance in considerably more solo oriented games? if theres any reason to shit on this award its that. but don't diminish CZ by claiming he's some nobody lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm only mad cos they didn't even show his plays

but yeah who really cares about these awards lol

only reason people watch this is to be marketed to

i'm only mad cos they didn't even show his plays

but yeah who really cares about these awards lol

only reason people watch this is to be marketed to

did you see that death stranding trailer tho

riot

WAIT

COSTY

TELL RIOT THAT WHEN THEY REMAKE SWAIN

THEY SHOULD HIRE MADS MIKKELSON TO VOICE HIM

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

no he's the greatest league of legends player of all time. drop him into a different game and he'd get absolutely shit on by their respective pros. dumb measurements with these gaping wide parameters will never work because there is no quantifiable way to compare the different genres. would daigo or flash be considered better than faker due to their dominance in considerably more solo oriented games? if theres any reason to shit on this award its that. but don't diminish CZ by claiming he's some nobody lol.

When someone is just THAT good then everyone is going to pale in comparison. If someone got a perfect score on the SAT in math but is up against someone who is a certified genius in math then the former person is going to look like a nobody. look at the pages of awards and accomplishments for Faker compared to that of Coldzera in a same period of time. Faker is a much more accomplished and the "winningest" player than Coldzera. That's just fact.

It's like saying Michael Phelps is not the greatest athelete of our time in the US. The man is an absolute beast. Of course he would suck in anything not swimming. Heck he's not even the best in every swimming category. That doesn't mean the recognition isn't deserved. At a certain point, you win so much and you're such a badass that's who you are. Faker is that person.

EDIT: I was being exaggerative when I said it was a nobody. Obviously he's not literally a nobody. He's very accomplished. Just saying his reputation and prestige is not comparable to Faker's.

zkylon

zkylewd
did you see that death stranding trailer tho

riot

WAIT

COSTY

TELL RIOT THAT WHEN THEY REMAKE SWAIN

THEY SHOULD HIRE MADS MIKKELSON TO VOICE HIM
what if like jhin takes his mask off and it's mads but now he has a cool accent

it's funny, mads doesn't do like evil roles in his danish movies, i wish americans weren't as racists lol

he's not the greatest athlete of our time lmao. even if u were to do that shitty nonquantifiable argument there are still plenty of US athletes to contest that shit. lebron james, serena williams, etc etc. faker's accomplishments are monumental in LoL, not fucking CS, or the FGC or any other community that can be categorized as E-sports. if ur gonna use a shitty analogy, ill use one too. its like getting a genius mathematician to try and compose a symphony. thats the real problem and why arguing in favor of his accomplishments over someone elses in a completely different game is absolutely meaningless.

besides, if u wanna use that "dominance," argument, u still have to argue about Flash, statistically the greatest BW player ever, ZeRo, statistically the greatest Smash 4 player of all time, Armada, the greatest Melee player of all time, Daigo Umehara, one of the greatest FG players of all time, the Golden 5 and the legendary Fnatic lineup from 1.6, etc etc.

what if like jhin takes his mask off and it's mads but now he has a cool accent

it's funny, mads doesn't do like evil roles in his danish movies, i wish americans weren't as racists lol

I think it's just his look and accent that makes american think 'evil'

it's how someone like trump would be evil in a european movie, now he looks evil. to americans he looks like a president apparently

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
he's not the greatest athlete of our time lmao. even if u were to do that shitty nonquantifiable argument there are still plenty of US athletes to contest that shit. lebron james, serena williams, etc etc. faker's accomplishments are monumental in LoL, not fucking CS, or the FGC or any other community that can be categorized as E-sports. if ur gonna use a shitty analogy, ill use one too. its like getting a genius mathematician to try and compose a symphony. thats the real problem and why arguing in favor of his accomplishments over someone elses in a completely different game is absolutely meaningless.

Not gonna respond any more after this since i'll just admit agree to disagree but this award is expanding across various games and genre. Just not have the award which i assume is what you were alluding to earlier but since the award exists already anyway the fact that Coldzera's accomplishments simply pales in comparison to Faker I don't think it's fair. The points is the award exists and it doesn't necessarily seem good in the first place.

besides, if u wanna use that "dominance," argument, u still have to argue about Flash, statistically the greatest BW player ever, ZeRo, statistically the greatest Smash 4 player of all time, Armada, the greatest Melee player of all time, Daigo Umehara, one of the greatest FG players of all time, the Golden 5 and the legendary Fnatic lineup from 1.6, etc etc.

This is such a shitty argument. We're not talking about a few years ago when BW was still being played. We're talking about who has excelled this year and is relevant in the immediate time. Yes I understand that you can make the argument that CZ has done more than Faker this year since I keep bringing up Faker has done more historically.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's how someone like trump would be evil in a european movie, now he looks evil. to americans he looks like a president apparently
well i don't care

he's a great actor with a ton of range and i wish i could sleep in his arms

stop wasting him

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

damn breezy

as a semi-american those words cut deep

Talents

Banned

https://youtu.be/kXue8aaTbuk?t=37

zkylon

zkylewd
15272180_1883269588573864_3162671143301062216_o.jpg

yisss

so many plot lines in korea

drawkcaB

I. Am. About. To. Lose. My. Fucking. Mind.

6 games in the jungle so far, and only in a single one did I not have at least two lanes feed their fucking faces off. There's nothing more frustrating that watching the enemy jungler get fed out of sheer luck. Every game is the same goddamn story.

Mid and bot were losing in the last one but I managed to get Akali fed up top and we were able to even out in teamfights but the damage was already done with lost towers and dragons.

zkylon

zkylewd
medler said:
[Warwick and Galio] will be next year, both their actual releases and any teasers/promo stuff for them. Warwick's the next large scale update that will come out and will be out before the next new champion.

idk why u say after swain, swain won't be reworked for a while

Talents

Banned
Hope Riot find a way to make Azir viable without making him broken. He's one of the most fun champs imo but atm he's just hot trash.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hope Riot find a way to make Azir viable without making him broken. He's one of the most fun champs imo but atm he's just hot trash.

my problem is that the way you make azir balanced is probably removing the insec move and that's kind of the best thing about him

or like remove the passive, but that passive is so damn cool

it's really hard

zkylon

zkylewd
Burst
DPS
Utility
Lane dominance

Pick two
that's nice but elaborate how you would go about it

azir doesn't have meaningful burst, you could remove the dmg on his ult but then you'd be punishing him for using one of his hardest to land abilities

he has good dps but nerfing his soldiers would hurt the core feel of the champion

utility is similar, the turret it cool, the insec move is cool, the shield on his e incentivizes more aggressive play, his mobility is super important and interesting

lane dominance could be something you reduce sure, but how? longer w cd? make w dmg scale with ranks again instead of levels (i forget how this works lol)? or what?

and you need to do all of this without making his skillfoor go through the fucking roof lol

i pity the balance ppl at riot lol

My specific ideas mostly suck but I'd go with stuff like removing damage from his ult and E for starters, yeah. That or severely reduce soldier auto range.

Talents

Banned
I think I've kinda learnt how to play jungle as secondary now. Still suck hard at knowing how/when to gank though. Also I feel really bad taxing lanes so I like never do it, so the enemy jungler is usually like 2 levels up on me even though I've farmed everything in my jungle.

lol jk I still fucking suck at jungle, just had 2 lucky games apparently rip

zkylon

zkylewd
My specific ideas mostly suck but I'd go with stuff like removing damage from his ult and E for starters, yeah. That or severely reduce soldier auto range.
it's not easy

they already removed unneeded power like his turret w and the movespeed on the ult, as well as reducing the ult duration by a bunch (seriously how was that thing ever 7 seconds lol), so there's not that much to take out

reducing dmg on ult and e i feel might just push him against shurima shuffling which is sad cos that part about azir is the best.

you can maybe reduce the slow on his q?

like nowhere in his numbers he's op right now, he's actually kind of trash, so you actually need to buff him first and we're already talking about what things are we gonna strip out lol

like i said, i don't pity the ppl in charge of fixing him

drawkcaB

I think I've kinda learnt how to play jungle as secondary now. Still suck hard at knowing how/when to gank though. Also I feel really bad taxing lanes so I like never do it, so the enemy jungler is usually like 2 levels up on me even though I've farmed everything in my jungle.

lol jk I still fucking suck at jungle, just had 2 lucky games apparently rip

Don't. Unless you got the kill you're always helping him more than you're helping yourself. If I gank and it got fucked because the laner screwed up I'm taxing. Failing ganks is too punishing to the jungler otherwise.

Top Bottom