• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea that thread is really something

anyways apdo is cool but faker is best (and i'll never forget madlife...)

and flame

and watch

and peanut

I LOVE THEM ALL

lol wtf is Courage of the Colossus. Because the most braindead champs in the game needed a buff. Fucking Riot.
calm ur pants, it's preseason and it's already nerfed of pbe, probably coming to live this week

zkylon

zkylewd
UEm68J8.png

i really like ekko's design and he's fun, but something about him doesn't make me want to play him

Kenai

Because his personality and voice are as flat as his sword

He definitely has personality, he's not just there because MORE POWAH or whatever. And his voice isn't generic, especially by League standards. We have goddamn Yas and Sion and Zac and Riven and Annie and Morg and such in this game, for starters. His voice isn't amazing either, but let's understand the context here.

The KH comparison is apt though, because just like Roxas or KH2 Sora (or TWEWU Neku or Cloud actually), he's a bit more serious than he probably should be. 15 years ago I probably would have liked that a lot more than i do now. Riot probably did that on purpose though (black people are comic relief a lot or often than not in stuff, and even though he's serious, he's not THAT serious).

He's also a fairly complicated champ to play, so that might not help either.

Newt

ADC tier list patch 6.23

S+ Twitch, Vayne
S Jhin, Cait
A+ Sivir, Ez
A Jinx

Everyone else is garbage

F- (Might as well delete these champs, they don't do anything.)
Lucian, Kalista

Newt

I think Ez does better against Twitch and Vayne than Jinx does. They're both garbage against Jhin though.

Ez just has a lower winrate because Jinx is really easy to play, Ez is tougher.

Because he can't play Jinx properly.
-_-

0d26abdb7c78ffe64e60c92241d218e3.png

Leezard

I think Ez does better against Twitch and Vayne than Jinx does. They're both garbage against Jhin though.

Ez just has a lower winrate because Jinx is really easy to play, Ez is tougher.
That usually applies to Ez, sure. He does have a reasonably high skill ceiling. Sivir still loses a lot more despite her being on par or easier to play than Jinx though.
Jinx winrate is "special" because of how quickly she can end a game off a mistake. Her winrate will always be above 50% if she's good, doesn't necessarily mean she's super strong.

That's a quality that should make her a more valuable pick for sure. Being able to get more objectives off of a good fight

Newt

I wouldn't say Sivir is easier than Jinx. To play Sivir properly nowadays you gotta get into somewhat close range and kite with use of spellshield. With two or three items on Jinx you can kinda just sit back away from the danger with your rockets.

Sivir looks really easy when you have a big lead and can just run at people, but that's not really that common.

I remember in like one of the those TSM documentaries, Doublelift kinda forced the ban to let him have Jhin because he was so uncomfortable about laning with Sivir.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like piglet

he's on my shortlist of adcs i like with uzi and pray and deft and imp

bang is good but i'm not in love of his personality like i am with the other guys

drawkcaB

yeah i should probably do that

do u have like a quick runes/masteries setup + build?

i know i can champion.gg it but lately i feel like i build nothing like champion.gg

I've noticed some really bizarre trends with champion.gg where their recommended item sets vary significantly from other websites. Nocturne is one off the top of my head. Most sites seem to indicate that warrior centric builds are stronger but champion.gg has said bloodrazor for several months now (not that the difference is significant, and bloodrazor Noc is totally fine depending on the team comps).

For runes there's quite a bit that can work, but I found the best results with either AD or ArPen marks, armor or hp/lvl seals (either works, Sion is pretty healthy in the jungle), a mix of CDR/lvl and MR glyphs, and AD quints. I found better results with Ghost than Flash on jungle Sion, mostly due to the lower CD (I've actually been preferring in lots of junglers lately unless they have a flash-engage mechanic like Gragas).

Masteries are pretty evident. 12/0/18. Grab CotC in the defensive tree and get whatever you can that will help out your clear speeds on the offensive tree.

He's on the slower end of initial clear speeds, but he speeds up fine because everything is AoE and scales fairly well with points. Start W-Q-E and max Q (although data sites all indicate that W max has a slightly higher rate, I never tried it).

For builds Cinderhulk is an obvious must (bonus synergy with his W passive as well, which is easy to stack in the jungle). From there you have loads of options. Titanic Hydra, Black Cleaver, IBG, Deadman's, Visage vs. magic damage...Sion doesn't have significant power spike items the way Hecarim (Trinity Force) does for instance, but lots of stuff works on him too. My personal preference is Titanic Hydra for the extra clear speed and burst damage or BC for the helping out your physical damage dealers and some nice CDR.

Post 6 try to use you ult to do lane ganks. Using it to gank via the river like most champions is not a good idea because it's way easier to hit target moving parallel to your ult path than perpendicular. Added bonus, players in solo queue don't ward deep in the lane.

OsQq9VM.png

I tried brehs. Idunno. Maybe I should have built differently to carry harder. Or maybe taken teleport. Or maybe my team shouldn't have taken a fight late without me. IDK. So many things I and we could have done differently I think.

Best not to look to much into a normal game anyways. It's not an equal playing field like ranked is.

I always look for paths to improvement, even with mixed team skill levels/champ experience. There's always something that could have been done better. Just trying to think through what I may have been able to do to get 20 kills and carry instead of 9 and lose.

like when your team is gold and silver and then there's a diamond or two on the other team

based norms mm

yea i had some challenger dude on my team a few matches ago. (s)he was pretty ass on his champ, but we won.

Newt

If you're looking to improve the best way is solo q, and the second best is duo q.

I recommend playing a solo q game and posting back.

killatopak

Gold Member
It doesn't matter much when you beat challenger or diamonds in a normal game as the player could be practicing that champ. Although it doesn't matter what happens in lane, some things do matter like his macro play. You could learn from them like map rotation and recall timings so it's not like it's not worth either. You just have to look for specific stuff to improve.

It doesn't matter much when you beat challenger or diamonds in a normal game as the player could be practicing that champ. Although it doesn't matter what happens in lane, some things do matter like his macro play. You could learn from them like map rotation and recall timings so it's not like it's not worth either. You just have to look for specific stuff to improve.

I beat Reginald in ranked once

true story

It doesn't matter much when you beat challenger or diamonds in a normal game as the player could be practicing that champ.

That's true for everyone playing normals, challenger or bronze. It's the practice land. The place where you work on places to improve. Hence the original conversation in the first place. In fact, that was like...the entire point of the commentary in the post that started this conversation. and the second post. lol.

drawkcaB

Two deaths on my team before I finished my third camp in the jungle. Proceeded to blame me even though at 20 mins I had the most farm on the team as the jungler by quite a bit. I honestly feel like Riot is picking on me at this point. I'm not asking for much, just lanes that can stay even, that's all.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've noticed some really bizarre trends with champion.gg where their recommended item sets vary significantly from other websites. Nocturne is one off the top of my head. Most sites seem to indicate that warrior centric builds are stronger but champion.gg has said bloodrazor for several months now (not that the difference is significant, and bloodrazor Noc is totally fine depending on the team comps).

For runes there's quite a bit that can work, but I found the best results with either AD or ArPen marks, armor or hp/lvl seals (either works, Sion is pretty healthy in the jungle), a mix of CDR/lvl and MR glyphs, and AD quints. I found better results with Ghost than Flash on jungle Sion, mostly due to the lower CD (I've actually been preferring in lots of junglers lately unless they have a flash-engage mechanic like Gragas).

Masteries are pretty evident. 12/0/18. Grab CotC in the defensive tree and get whatever you can that will help out your clear speeds on the offensive tree.

He's on the slower end of initial clear speeds, but he speeds up fine because everything is AoE and scales fairly well with points. Start W-Q-E and max Q (although data sites all indicate that W max has a slightly higher rate, I never tried it).

For builds Cinderhulk is an obvious must (bonus synergy with his W passive as well, which is easy to stack in the jungle). From there you have loads of options. Titanic Hydra, Black Cleaver, IBG, Deadman's, Visage vs. magic damage...Sion doesn't have significant power spike items the way Hecarim (Trinity Force) does for instance, but lots of stuff works on him too. My personal preference is Titanic Hydra for the extra clear speed and burst damage or BC for the helping out your physical damage dealers and some nice CDR.

Post 6 try to use you ult to do lane ganks. Using it to gank via the river like most champions is not a good idea because it's way easier to hit target moving parallel to your ult path than perpendicular. Added bonus, players in solo queue don't ward deep in the lane.
thanks for the tips

my league buddy is out on vacations tho so i'm just playing overwatch atm

haven't even finished my league placements lol

drawkcaB

Team is out to an early lead, good good. 9-0 so far, each lane is winning. We're kicking as bot, good good. And lost. Because Xin and Akali kept diving in the enemy team 1v3, 1v4 and in one instance for reasons I don't understand because they were all visible and none of us were around, 2v5.

I'm struggling to think of a more miserable time I've had playing this goddamn game.

Top Bottom