• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Talents

Banned
Ok yeah I have no fucking clue what I'm doing in jungle. Like I'll clear my entire jungle and feel pretty good, I'll be level 4, then suddenly I'll see the enemy jungler and he's level 6 and I have no idea how he's that high. Also how do you gank lanes when the lanes pushed? Because I have no clue what I'm doing.

killatopak

Gold Member
Ok yeah I have no fucking clue what I'm doing in jungle. Like I'll clear my entire jungle and feel pretty good, I'll be level 4, then suddenly I'll see the enemy jungler and he's level 6 and I have no idea how he's that high. Also how do you gank lanes when the lanes pushed? Because I have no clue what I'm doing.

If you have enough mobility like playing hec, you can come from behind the tower provided they are relatively low health. You can also gank from the lane bush and wait there if the support cleared any wards there. The main reason for having a higher level is faster clears, minion tax and gank exp. I sometimes make it a point to buy boots early on so I can roam faster.

Well, I'm back. Took a long time off the game and I'm now just playing it for fun without caring about the overall wins/losses, just improving.

I also switched from ADC to Top because ... well, I got tired of the constant harassment and top lane is more fun to play so far. Not sure if the GAF club is still around anymore but I'd be happy to look for folks to play with again.

Also, anyone looking strong going into S7 for top? My pool right now is Poppy, Kayle, Jax and Ryze. I've got Nasus, Naut, Shen, Singed and Teemo unlocked at the moment, too.

drawkcaB

What junglers are you playing? Some junglers are substantially better at tower diving than others, and can tower dive only when a certain set of circumstances are met, so telling you just do X and you're set doesn't really work.

A good habit to get into, if your lanes are pushed up, is to put down wards in the enemy jungle. Because of this, it's a good idea to keep your yellow trinket until the mid-game. Control wards are cheap so picking up the red trinket early on isn't necessary. Key spots to ward is between blue and gromp and the side bush to the right of the Raptors (from blue side's perspective). The lanes are pushed in, and that's a big "come gank here" signal that any jungler should pick up on. By warding the enemy jungle you achieve the following:

1.) Early warning for your laners to protect them.
2.) Opens up counter-ganking opportunities when on the same side of the map which almost always work out in the counter-ganker's favour.
3.) Opens up counter-jungling opportunities, or dragon plays, when on the opposite side of the map. In the event the ganks fails (which it should if the laner is paying attention) then you come out ahead.

Well, there is another, unfortunate, and not unlikely outcome...

4.) The laner is a boosted tool, didn't bother to look at the map, got ganked, killed, blames you (for some reason, welcome to jungling!) proceeds to needlessly push the lane when behind and dies again, and again, and again, losses tower, you lose map pressure and then the whole team turns on you.

JUNGLING BABY!

Talents

Banned
What junglers are you playing? Some junglers are substantially better at tower diving than others, and can tower dive only when a certain set of circumstances are met, so telling you just do X and you're set doesn't really work.

A good habit to get into, if your lanes are pushed up, is to put down wards in the enemy jungle. Because of this, it's a good idea to keep your yellow trinket until the mid-game. Control wards are cheap so picking up the red trinket early on isn't necessary. Key spots to ward is between blue and gromp and the side bush to the right of the Raptors (from blue side's perspective). The lanes are pushed in, and that's a big "come gank here" signal that any jungler should pick up on. By warding the enemy jungle you achieve the following:

1.) Early warning for your laners to protect them.
2.) Opens up counter-ganking opportunities when on the same side of the map which almost always work out in the counter-ganker's favour.
3.) Opens up counter-jungling opportunities, or dragon plays, when on the opposite side of the map. In the event the ganks fails (which it should if the laner is paying attention) then you come out ahead.

Well, there is another, unfortunate, and not unlikely outcome...

4.) The laner is a boosted tool, didn't bother to look at the map, got ganked, killed, blames you (for some reason, welcome to jungling!) proceeds to needlessly push the lane when behind and dies again, and again, and again, losses tower, you lose map pressure and then the whole team turns on you.

JUNGLING BABY!

I'm basically just playing supposedly meta stuff like Olaf, Kha, Lee, and Zac although I dislike Zac and I can never get ganks off with Olaf. Thanks for the tips.

drawkcaB

I'm basically just playing supposedly meta stuff like Olaf, Kha, Lee, and Zac although I dislike Zac and I can never get ganks off with Olaf. Thanks for the tips.

Olaf isn't really for ganking. If a really nice opportunity comes along then go for it, but otherwise farm, steal the opposing junglers shit, ward for counterganks and concentrate on getting big so you can become an absolute monster and nuisance to the enemy squishies come mid and late game.

If you don't like Zac, don't play him. I assume jungling is just going to be your off-role so a large-ish champion pool isn't necessary. A huge part of jungling is just playing to your style, and you'll find out whatever that is as you go along. In my opinion, more than any role, jungling let's you play around a champion's weaknesses (well, as long as that weakness isn't being unable to farm camps). Get comfortable with experimenting and trying out champs you don't think you'll like.

I can't for the life of me play assassin/carry junglers like Kha'Zix, Vi, or Elise, even when they're strong/OP. And yet here I am, playing Tahm Kench jungle - something that's not even remotely in peoples' radar for a viable jungle champ - and getting consistent, positive results. It took me quite a bit of time to come to appreciate that I play better, and even prefer, playing either support junglers (Nautilus, and soon Ivern) or smash-your-pretty-face-in junglers (Tahm, Trundle, Hecarim, Skarner)

olaf has to gank early though. he doesn't scale nearly as well as many of the other tank junglers due to his lack of a true gap closer and his true damage + undertow fall off massively when supports start augmenting their sustain and carries start getting their penetration and item spikes.

zkylon

zkylewd
i should learn to jungle some day

the only jungler i like is elise tho and she takes like skill to play and shit

bah i'll just feed jungle games and pretend they never happened lol

killatopak

Gold Member
Olaf can be built two ways nowadays. In challenger, there's this olaf main that's pretty aggressive, takes most of the farm and builds damage. Then there's the cookie cutter lcs build where you go full tank.

Dekutulla

Picked up Noc in normals after ages not playing jungle. Went surprisingly well until mid-game, at which point using my R was basically just running down mid at high speed.

Ekko is annoying :v

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, he is a tank but any thought of Sion jungle (yes, it's perfectly fine to do)? You're always saying he's a wonderfully kit'ed champ. Really fun tank to play.

yeah i should probably do that

do u have like a quick runes/masteries setup + build?

i know i can champion.gg it but lately i feel like i build nothing like champion.gg

So I just started playing Rek'sai and holy shit she is so good. That first clear is so easy. I also found out that I've been an idiot and clearing raptors on my first clear for some reason (maybe some people do, but it takes so much health that I don't think it's worth it because I can't really gank after I take raptors).

zkylon

zkylewd
i1480562189760973.png

welcome back pat

faridmon

Does it really matter? As long as you are there to help lanes, other junglers lv shouldn't matter.

What you really need to learn is how to counter gank. These lv 6 junglers with fast clearing tend to be very impulsive and are more likely to roam with low HP, try to surprise them, especially when they are ganking. Learn how to read the map and the position the enemy jungler. Ward their blue or red, and so on.

Also make sure to clear the river and make your laners safe to push. Always keep an eye on the river and what is happening, you could surprise them with them not have enough HP/mana.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
the easiest thing to do as jungler is if you seem them gank bot then either gank top, countergank bot, or steal their jungle and vice versa
it's easier to do now and with the nu respawn times even 1 or 2 camps can really set them back

just think about where the other jungler must be if he isn't a complete monkey and is gonna try to farm and gank appropriately without wasting time crossing half the map

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
sometimes you get to be the other team's yasuo

p.s. the only reason i played yasuo is because leeg think's it's my frequently played champ, if rito wants me to play the hasaki who am i to disagree

Talents

Banned
The off topic convo on league right now is so fun. People are legit getting offended by Meteos saying "I'm getting my pussy stretched."

Newt

I wouldn't post in that thread anymore if I were you Talents. OT side is very sensitive, and you're risking a ban.

Calvero

Banned
Lol at people calling Meteo's a virgin and someone who lives with his mom. I get making fun of what he's saying,but maybe there's a fair bit of projecting :')

Top Bottom