• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Already some banter coming out when people ban Camille:
Indiboi : pick me camille got all champs
Ference : i cant even fucking ban camille
Ference : 'temporarily disabled'
Ference : kys
Talentz GAF : lul
Indiboi : why ban her
Indiboi : u pussy
BankPlank : faggit
Ference : kys cancer kid
BankPlank : get shit on
Indiboi : u are the one who got shit on
Indiboi : you show everyone that you are a pussy
BankPlank : get rekt
BankPlank : nerd
Indiboi : how did i get rekt?
Ference : didnt know trash cans could talk shit

I cant wait for tomorrow to face the same thing when Rag gets released in hots.

Toxicity in mobas sure is something.

Newt

When I played hots I actually encountered zero toxicity, and I played at least 20 games. Felt like everyone just didn't give a shit. I guess that's one of the reasons I find the game so unappealing.

When I played hots I actually encountered zero toxicity, and I played at least 20 games. Felt like everyone just didn't give a shit. I guess that's one of the reasons I find the game so unappealing.

Just gotta get into high hero league.

The other day I was in a match where I had to carry 2 people with had a collective of 30 deaths. And they were the ones complaining loool. It was a glorious match though, me and my buddy did fantastic.

Xeilyn

Haha at the Lux comic, im so glad that the ultimate skin didnt get released around the same time that it was shown because i would have bought that shit even though i dont play lux

I played hots during the beta and thought it was fun but it felt a bit too casual and it took AGES to unlock new heroes, dont know if any of that has changed. Some of the heroes in hots are fantastic and if they announce Zul'jin as a hero ill definitely give it another shot

This makes me wonder what would a one-for-all Camille may look like.

fpOzVQj.gif

Blows, not the point of the spell. Also the knock back can be really useful. Also she is supposed to be somewhat balanced.

Breezy design #1538729822 = 0/10 as expected

Thats the point of talents costy, to offer variety and choice.

The other talent for Camilles ultimate increases the duration and silences the target for its duration :p

The first talent is good if your team has aoe to maximize the skill.

This is a what if league had talents, costy :p

Quonny

Talents are stupid and only offer the illusion of choice, just like masteries, just like runes, just like every other multiplayer game with any kind of 'choice'.

Newt

Nah Talents definitely offer a choice in heroes. Heroes is a trash tier moba, but that's the one thing heroes got right.

Talents are stupid and only offer the illusion of choice, just like masteries, just like runes, just like every other multiplayer game with any kind of 'choice'.

Oh how wrong you are

Masteries do offer an illusion of because you can min/max it for role and cant make on the fly decisions for it during a match.

Quonny

Does it really?

Not saying I don't believe you, but I haven't played a MOBA, MMO, shooter, or whatever where these kinds of systems aren't min-maxed to all hell and you better follow that meta or else.

Does it really?

Not saying I don't believe you, but I haven't played a MOBA, MMO, shooter, or whatever where these kinds of systems aren't min-maxed to all hell and you better follow that meta or else.

For hots they actively work against min/max talents. If they find a character only has one set of talent choice they always pick because of minmaxing, theyll actively either change their talents or rotate them across levels.

Newt

Well in heroes talents aren't usually stat boots. For example, the champion I was playing, Valla who plays similar to Vayne has a talent at level 6 where she can decide what her ult is. One is basically an AOE skill shot stun, the other is a Kat ult where you can move. The latter is better for low cc teams.

Heroes did a shit tonne of shit wrong (10 maps and over half of them just suck), but it did talents right.

Thats the point of talents costy, to offer variety and choice.

The other talent for Camilles ultimate increases the duration and silences the target for its duration :p

The first talent is good if your team has aoe to maximize the skill.

This is a what if league had talents, costy :p

no this is what League would have if it had bad talents, which would eventually need to be reworked.

A good way to introduce something like that to League needs to focus on enhancing the strengths of the champion and really driving that through, not removing character weaknesses or overloading abilities even further.

Camille's strength is that she can pick off lone targets and force an interaction. When she's ganged up on, she loses. This is especially important in team fight scenarios. In your version, you remove that weakness by giving her perhaps the best AoE lockdown in the entire game and don't do anything to push her unique strengths.

This is a quick way to run into really bad game health scenarios.

no this is what League would have if it had bad talents, which would eventually need to be reworked.

A good way to introduce something like that to League needs to focus on enhancing the strengths of the champion and really driving that through, not removing character weaknesses or overloading abilities even further.

Camille's strength is that she can pick off lone targets and force an interaction. When she's ganged up on, she loses. This is especially important in team fight scenarios. In your version, you remove that weakness by giving her perhaps the best AoE lockdown in the entire game and don't do anything to push her unique strengths.

This is a quick way to run into really bad game health scenarios.

This is assuming other characters have such empowerments like Camille. If this followed HotS talent tree, she would be giving up on 3 other choices in order to empower her own lockdown. (whilst opponents would have talents that rival her own). HotS has that tho, where things seem broken but in reality become balanced because of their field(ie a permastealth character with huge spike damage and a 10 second blink sounds broken, but its not).

Again, its a what if. In this case, this selection of talent(at max level) would enpower her ultimate, or empower other things about her(ie a talent in hots that some melees have that is offered with ult talents, gives 20% slow and 20% bonus damage on autoattacks)

If League had a talent system, she would have other talents throughout levelling to empower, as you say, her other strengths.

Newt is mainly talking about only offering talents on ults, which imo wouldnt be as fun as having a choice of talents on each skill gained at their max level.

Anyhow, talking about reworks, is Jarvan getting reworked? Its laughable they release Camile whos ultimate does everything Jarvans does but better, without changing J4s ult in some way.(yeah J4s can catch multiple people, but lets not pretend that half the characters in the game have a way to escape it not including flash)

J4 ult is very different from Camille's.

Physical zone, does burst damage up front, makes him immune to CC...
Also keeps others out so anyone caught with their escapes down is stuck

It also has a longer range and J4 doesn't depend on walls to close the gap in order to use it.

J4 ult is very different from Camille's.

Physical zone, does burst damage up front, makes him immune to CC...

Like almost half the roster can get out of it tho

The other half has flash. It was ok when it came out but because of power creep its gotten outclassed.

JulianImp

To me, LoL is a game that is solely defined by which team has the least amount of flamers, afkers, feeders or people with 500+ ping. Normals, ranked, whatever, playing by yourself is asking to get annoyed as games are often so one-sided they aren't even entertaining for neither team.

Now that they've implemented the remake command, I wonder if they'd implement some system for letting players know when their ping is way too high to actually play normally, and perhaps even offer their teammates a chance to remake rather than getting them stuck for 20 minutes with a teammate who can't even be expected to last hit minions reliably.

Ranked flex is hilarious , like what if normals plays with no one care about lanes but killing and roaming.

To me, LoL is a game that is solely defined by which team has the least amount of flamers, afkers, feeders or people with 500+ ping. Normals, ranked, whatever, playing by yourself is asking to get annoyed as games are often so one-sided they aren't even entertaining for neither team.

Now that they've implemented the remake command, I wonder if they'd implement some system for letting players know when their ping is way too high to actually play normally, and perhaps even offer their teammates a chance to remake rather than getting them stuck for 20 minutes with a teammate who can't even be expected to last hit minions reliably.

Or more servers to locate high ping players to closest servers to play

JulianImp

stahp playing ranked solo q in bronze

See, this is my main gripe with LoL. If you're still bad enough at the game that insta-landing into gold isn't an option for you and you don't happen to have a large enough group of LoL friends that you can queue up with regularily, you're supposed to just give up entierly or something.

You could slowly add decent players to your friend list to have a better fighting chance, but even that isn't a good enough replacement for playing with people you actually know.

Or more servers to locate high ping players to closest servers to play

Nah, the biggest issue here in LAS tends to be ISPs sucking at their job, which is something Riot just can't solve regardless of the number of servers they set up.

zkylon

zkylewd
talents for league (and maybe doto too, idk) are dumb cos now everyone has to remember like 6-8 more passives for 120 champions, which is adding a mountain of burden of knowledge to a game that's already difficult to get into

and like how do you quickly communicate that leblanc has talents 1b, 2a and 3a or whatever? if they're hidden in the scoreboard like keystones then it just adds a really obnoxious process to the game of constantly checking for talents on top of items (since also talents are probably gonna be hard to iconize since this is probably 6-8 more icons per champion which is nuts).

it also makes level differences to be even a bigger factor than they probably should be considering how important they already are

like most in league i think it's a matter of adding more items and fixing dumb ones in the game already. this is probably something better suited for a few champions like khazix/viktor than the entire roster

i like the idea of augmenting abilities but idk if it can be done

also here

5ikfBAl.png

i have not cropped anything about this picture no sir

phew it's nice to be back

stahp playing ranked solo q in bronze
I don't exactly have a choice if I wanna rank, can't really duo every game and even then my duo games have been pretty unwinnable as well.

I can handle this crap eventually, I clawed my ass out of silver multiple times and it won't be this fucking season that will keep me down in this shithole.

talents for league (and maybe doto too, idk) are dumb cos now everyone has to remember like 6-8 more passives for 120 champions, which is adding a mountain of burden of knowledge to a game that's already difficult to get into

and like how do you quickly communicate that leblanc has talents 1b, 2a and 3a or whatever? if they're hidden in the scoreboard like keystones then it just adds a really obnoxious process to the game of constantly checking for talents on top of items (since also talents are probably gonna be hard to iconize since this is probably 6-8 more icons per champion which is nuts).

it also makes level differences to be even a bigger factor than they probably should be considering how important they already are

like most in league i think it's a matter of adding more items and fixing dumb ones in the game already. this is probably something better suited for a few champions like khazix/viktor than the entire roster

i like the idea of augmenting abilities but idk if it can be done

also here

5ikfBAl.png

i have not cropped anything about this picture no sir

phew it's nice to be back

Talents in hots arent hidden, you can see them in scoreboard. League hiding keystones is lol. Also burden of knowledge, league has huge burden of knowledge already. It hides runes and masteries unless you use a 3rd party site to search the person, so if they removed runes and masteries for a talent system, atleast youd be able to see talents(unless they hid those too).

Wb zky.

Talents would be good for adding variety that masteries and runes have failed to provide, because they would be unique to each champion, and you can make decisions on the fly given the situation. If they removed runes and masteries for a talent system, it would be way better.

I think itd be fun if done right. Im just advocating for it

Top Bottom