• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Talents

Banned
I've played karma since then and she's still a meatshield. You basically do nothing but stop the adc from dying, it's the most boring thing ever.

wot

dude autoattack them lol.it reduces the cd of ur ult by 1 second per auto, not to mention hitting q or getting a proc of w reduces the CD by 2 seconds.

Talents

Banned
wot

dude autoattack them lol.it reduces the cd of ur ult by 1 second per auto, not to mention hitting q or getting a proc of w reduces the CD by 2 seconds.

If I walk up to them I die... Tried harassing a Ez/Bard the other day and the bard just dicked me while the Ez just E'd into my face and killed me.

If I walk up to them I die... Tried harassing a Ez/Bard the other day and the bard just dicked me while the Ez just E'd into my face and killed me.
karma destroys ezreal and bard lol. use your e to speed boost yourself and shield poke when trading like janna and pull back when it's gone. your q has a 5 second cooldown; use it to body the other support or ad and push the wave. it has aoe even without mantra so you can do some minor harass through a minion wave.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
autofilled to sup gg

ayOKFV8.jpg

Hey guys, does the updated spectator mode have a way to see the game from a player's perspective yet? Like, with their camera movements and mouse clicks?

If not, is it on the roadmap?

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I raged a bit on the guy that picked Karma and then proceeded to whine that Karma didn't do anything and wasn't op or anything. He thought Thresh was op. How is it even possible to feed out of your mind with Karma.

Ah, I didn't know you were duoing with Talents.

Runes and masteries already fill that niche I think.

And both could use some work.

Yeah, they dont really fill the niche...

Like the examples I saw was being able to make Wraiths King revive not cost mana or some other characters spell pierce shields..runes and masteries arent even close.

Like imagine, being able to choose an upgrade that makes...for example, a talent that makes Lux's Q refract in 4 directions after hitting a target.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I think that is just the general difference in how each games developer approach game design. Leagues always been big on passive smaller stat boosts that overall increase the lethality of the champion while Dota favors taking a single aspect and overwhelmingly strengthen it. Just look at League items vs Dota items. Phantom dancer gives you a few smaller stat boosts while something like Dotas Daedalus is nothing but damage and crit with nothing extra. It works for each game but imagining it on the other doesn't seem realistic

Leezard

Yeah, talent system is sweet.

I think that is just the general difference in how each games developer approach game design. Leagues always been big on passive smaller stat boosts that overall increase the lethality of the champion while Dota favors taking a single aspect and overwhelmingly strengthen it. Just look at League items vs Dota items. Phantom dancer gives you a few smaller stat boosts while something like Dotas Daedalus is nothing but damage and crit with nothing extra. It works for each game but imagining it on the other doesn't seem realistic

Those are bad item examples though. If anything, Dota items get more of everything due to the str/agi/int system.

Infinity Edge gives just damage and crit.

Butterfly gives you tons of stats.

Compare IE to Daedalus and Phantom Dancer to Butterfly if you're going to compare items.

Okay, we already know Breezy has the worst designs ever, but the talent system is good and he's right about that.

A talent where whenever Kalista uses rend, the target erupts in blood, causing 40% of the rend damage around the target.

It could work. Rito is already changing their philosophy by increasing the amount of items that offer passive abilites or active one season by season. Giving champions talents allows a player to "customize" that champion further to their playstyle, make every match fresh, and really add something to the game.

And like you mentioned, Rito likes to focus on stat boosts for their item which actually tend to be pretty boring. "I got a sword that gives me 35 attack, whoopee".

It's the opposite actually. League focuses more heavily on stats while DOTA focuses more heavily on utility.

There's no items like the Sheepstick, Aghanim's, Blink Dagger, etc

I want my Sona gives two heals instead of one, her E slow down any enemy who enter her aura and her R became an Aura like shot instead of a beam

Those talents are in

But you can only select one >:)

I feel it could work with League. And itd make matches more interesting almost immediately. Lets see how it does in DotA tho, but it looks like an interesting implementation there.

Top Bottom