• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish camille had a knockup instead of a stun, similar to azir

her particle effects are so damn noisy it's really hard to tell when you got stunned

i really dislike playing against this champion, i had a really fun 1v2 juke fest inside of her ult with leblanc but outside of her ult i don't like her at all

also if anyone was wondering, you can't w back outside her ult with leblanc, it just snaps you to the ult border ;_;

faridmon

Also, I need some late-game Maokai pointers. Anyone play him much?

I keep leading the team in damage while being the tank but have lost all 3 matches I've played with him.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2372447802/42941535?tab=stats

For example. I picked up a late abyssal because I wanted more MR but couldn't justify an Spirit Visage, but I can't seem to do enough to help the team win. I try to keep the ult up around teammates, but the damage reduction never seems to be enough to keep said teammates alive. I often find myself alone with adc's and mid's dead because I simply couldn't peel for them enough.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I play him very often, (about win rate of 40% to be fair which is not good) but my problem with Maokai is exacly the opposite of yours. My early game sucks and can't farm due to other top laners being aggressive without needing mana, but my late game is pretty good and tend to win games even if I am behind kills and CS.

your build is sort of wrong. Maokai have a healthy scaling when it comes to Def/HP and what you need (and make it a priority) is 40% CD and Mana. He is very Mana intensive champ and you will need lots of it. His cooldown is long and you need to keep spamming abilities for CC and for your passive to be useful.

What I do is build Tank on him 100% unless I am ahead by far and get 1 AP/tank item. So for Def, mana and CD you need Frozen Heart and Spirit Visage for MR and take better advantage of your Passive. The rest is situational. Ruindon against bruisers/ fed adc and Warmog with champs who have high dpc and burst. Abyssal is not helpful really because you have Warmog for HP and you can get Rod of Ages for AP which also have Mana and HP scaling.

The way you play is also situational and dependent on the team you have. If you have a supp who can peel, use your W for engaging and targeting. You are the tank so you need to engage and point out the squishy ones, luckily the range of that is pretty good, and you can normally land an ADC simply by just walking to the group of enemy you are facing. Your Ult is very powerful and your teammates need to take advantage of that and burst the other team to hell, but that needs a coordination more than anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
yes, of course lol. You are locked in no matter what. This was in every piece of communication around her. Why would Leblanc be any different? lol
just commenting on that cos it's a special case i wasn't sure how it'd work

you know, since people kept asking if you could get out with ekko ult, or tp, or whatever?

zhongyas

bam camille ruined 4ever
yeah zhonyas+ghost and some footwork did the job in that 1v2 vs fizz and camille

it takes a lot of tools to survive that shit

zhonyas doesn't allow you to leave the area

what are you contributing to this discussion
?

zhonyas is the best counter to her ult cos it might be the only thing that lets you survive long enough for ur team to bail you out

You can't even leave if a Tahm eats you out of it, they were pretty specific with the whole "nothing can get you out besides pushing Camille out of the ring" thing

just commenting on that cos it's a special case i wasn't sure how it'd work

you know, since people kept asking if you could get out with ekko ult, or tp, or whatever?
?

zhonyas is the best counter to her ult cos it might be the only thing that lets you survive long enough for ur team to bail you out

when it says there's no way to leave there's no way to leave

and we were talking about if you can leave it and breezy suddenly brings up zhonya's.

In his defense the topic was about leaving and then breezy comes in with a different topic altogether. As a rhetoric major that's a bit grating.

That depends how you look at it

We know camilles ult won't let you leave

So naturally the conversation should be about mitigating the ultimate.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That depends how you look at it

We know camilles ult won't let you leave

So naturally the conversation should be about mitigating the ultimate.

While that my be understood but that is not what you addressed. You just said zhonyas in a topic about leaving. My point stil stands.

While that my be understood but that is not what you addressed. You just said zhonyas in a topic about leaving. My point stil stands.

And because we know you can't leave, naturally the topic is about mitigation, since zky was also talking about juking Camille within her ult and thus is inclusive of ways to avoid camille.

And because we know you can't leave, naturally the topic is about mitigation, since zky was also talking about juking Camille within her ult and thus is inclusive of ways to avoid camille.

not to keep arguing semantics but the conversation was

"you can't go back outside with this mechanic"

"well yeah you can't go outside with anything"

"zhonya's"

????

not to keep arguing semantics but the conversation was

"you can't go back outside with this mechanic"

"well yeah you can't go outside with anything"

"zhonya's"

????

because naturally in a discussion on how to 'beat' camilles ult

things will veer towards things to avoid it's duration

this is how discussions works, they flow and change.

zkylon

zkylewd
mAmbrgZ.jpg

i really want to try that faker ahri build

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
double elimination is the worst competitive bracket type ever and i hate that every FGC tourney uses it, zzzz don't bring it to leeg riot

Talents

Banned
What do you guys think the reward for getting challenger will be this season (if there is one)? Do you think they'd do another jacket or something else, not really sure what item of clothing they could really do though...

zkylon

zkylewd
it's a pity that with the move to bo3 all euros will be confused out of their minds by the lack of the traditional european ties :^)

That sounds awful lol

yeah i'm not sure about it either but those are two really fun items to use so imma try it

i only did it once but we had a feeding irelia so the game kind of spiraled out of control before i could really do much with it

Newt

Do you guys think the NA players who went to the LAN server and took up all the top spots will still get the jackets?

Do you guys think the NA players who went to the LAN server and took up all the top spots will still get the jackets?

Who knows.

Last we heard from Rito LAN was that they were looking into the issue and would tell more once they had a fair solution.

(With people saying what was there to look into?, just deny rewards if you're not resident of a LAN country, then again they could just get a LAN address...
[psss call me, I may or may not keep the jacket]
)

Leezard

is there anything crafting that's free?

From what I gather, probably not unless you get lucky and get Poro King shards from your normals hextech chests (now winter chests). Well, you get a poro snax thingie from each chest you open, even winter chests, so you might be able to get an icon for free too.

I might be wrong since there's a lot of info to digest though.

Top Bottom