• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

for every lux picture i will morde it

time for my original morde do not steal

ekhXfUT.jpg

Newt

Hey Costy might have shit taste in champs, but that doesn't mean he has shit taste in everything :^).

Second cosplay is much better

Talents

Banned
Well that was bad. Got filled support in ranked, game's fairly even, 40 mins in or something the last teamfight about to happen, enemy ADC out of position and I forget I'm support, thinking I'm a mid laner, I go to 1 shot the adc only to remember that I'm support and insta die. Team didn't like that one.

zkylon

zkylewd
hotfix is live

i think the lebonk q nerf might be enough, it's a really big nerf

edit: it is kind of funny that it started at 120% and now it's at 40%. like they had no fucking idea what to give her lol

drawkcaB

I fucking hate that smite change. It'll just further push marginal junglers out of viability. I'm seeing several champions that have been played in the jungle for ages no longer meeting the play rate threshold necessary to show up on op.gg or champion.gg lists.

State of the jungle is really sad right now. I was optimistic about the S7 changes but it's made things worse as far as champ viability goes.

killatopak

Gold Member
I fucking hate that smite change. It'll just further push marginal junglers out of viability. I'm seeing several champions that have been played in the jungle for ages no longer meeting the play rate threshold necessary to show up on op.gg or champion.gg lists.

State of the jungle is really sad right now. I was optimistic about the S7 changes but it's made things worse as far as champ viability goes.

I think it's more about the actual jungle and not the smite. I can't even see past meta junglers like fiddle anymore.

they nerfed secondary rock damage on her tho

so that balances it out slightly

should deal more damage overall which is nice, because 2 full combos will put any mid in the dirt. which happens regularly during laning phase. W --> E --> Q is like 75% an enemy laner's hp at level 3. a lot, but not enough to kill with ignite unless you have a +1. But if they're still around at like half hp and can land it again, they're done.

zkylon

zkylewd

matt05891

#FreeKarthus

zkylon

zkylewd
just read the new ori lore, it's pretty cool, specially the short story i feel captures her character really well, but i'm bummed that they spent so little time talking about the ball

like it gets one line saying that she created it to defend her dad's shop from some random thugs and that's it

ori is as much the ball as she is the dancer, and i much prefered the idea that her dad built it to protect her, rather than the other way around, specially since she just like takes off with the ball and is like well fuck u dad here's some toys for infinite money!

could be better, but i think it's overall an improvement from the absolute nonsense it was before

it also really makes me want to see ori have a visual update and maybe have her dialogue changed too

this new softer and colder personality of hers isn't like the insane robot murderer from her old dialogue

anywho i like this ahri

league_of_legends__ahri_by_mypkajiit-dar02zd.png

Riot is telling me I should play Teemo mid, it's like they know I like to make people suffer.
Feel disgusted that my 4th top champ is Soraka, I don't even like her but I guess when you play 60% of your games in Aram, you will get random shit.

.... fuck, wouldn't mind smooching the fucker.

Leezard

Any more thoughts on Camille?

I've played a game with and against her, and while I can't judge her completely yet, she seems to have such a hard time in team fights. Enemy Camille ults adc -> Zyra root + ult wrecks Camille was the common theme in the game I played against her.

I've played a game with and against her, and while I can't judge her completely yet, she seems to have such a hard time in team fights. Enemy Camille ults adc -> Zyra root + ult wrecks Camille was the common theme in the game I played against her.
She's the type of champion that scales with mastery so its hard to say how good she is at the moment. People need to get used to her build paths and tricks.

She definitely doesn't seem bad so there's that I guess.

Leezard

Yeah, she'll surely use an off tank build. The last one in my game went Triforce -> Dead Man's Plate -> Bork, but Bork seems so bad on her if you want to maximize the use of the true damage. She just seemed useless in team fights, but that might be because she was bad at playing Camille.

I had a Camille mid in one of my placements as well, though she got bodied by LB in lane. She built full damage and seemed more useful than the Bork Camille at least.

She's the type of champion that scales with mastery so its hard to say how good she is at the moment. People need to get used to her build paths and tricks.

She definitely doesn't seem bad so there's that I guess.
Yeah, probably. We're going to have to wait a while. She's got great mobility but against a team with peel her dives don't seem to be very effective.

just IMO:

Her curve is going to look a lot like Jayce's.

Very high champion win rate in the 20-35 minute range with a hard falloff after 40 minutes. She puts herself in harm's way which is fine early and midgame when enemy items may not be very strong, but late game? She's gonna be blown right the fuck up trying to dive backlines.

Maybe similar to Yasuo where he's often times trading his life for a critical kill on the adc/ap carry or something. Late game all-ins feel like kamikaze runs. I might feel differently if she got some sort of big lifesteal boost like Fiora does after a successful kill inside the thunderdome.

Just based on my limited observations of her. This perception I have of her could be because most go Trinityforce --> Hydra (or the other way around) and never farm enough to get multiple defensive items online for late game survival. With shit like Spirit Visage, Dead Man's, and GA taking up the last 3 slots, she can probably get back out after a kill.

Leezard

Irelia gets some tenacity, but that's been nerfed so she has essentially no extra tenacity in team fights; she needs to be outnumbered. This depends on the length of the dive and the range on her passive, of course.

Camille has a shield on her passive and a knockback on non-targeted units on her ult.

It's not that different. Less burst and more dps means she's going to get killed before she does something meaningful much easier than Irelia though.

As a sidenote: Yeah, two offensive items into tanky build seems kinda reasonable. Triforce at least, Hydra might be a good candidate. Titanic might not be that bad.

Irelia gets some tenacity, but that's been nerfed so she has essentially no extra tenacity in team fights; she needs to be outnumbered. This depends on the length of the dive and the range on her passive, of course.

Camille has a shield on her passive and a knockback on non-targeted units on her ult.

It's not that different. Less burst and more dps means she's going to get killed before she does something meaningful much easier than Irelia though.

As a sidenote: Yeah, two offensive items into tanky build seems kinda reasonable. Triforce at least, Hydra might be a good candidate. Titanic might not be that bad.

word, word. Again, I need to see a successful late-game (45+ minutes) Camille to have an opinion on what her late game really looks like from an execution standpoint.

Also, I need some late-game Maokai pointers. Anyone play him much?

I keep leading the team in damage while being the tank but have lost all 3 matches I've played with him.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2372447802/42941535?tab=stats

For example. I picked up a late abyssal because I wanted more MR but couldn't justify an Spirit Visage, but I can't seem to do enough to help the team win. I try to keep the ult up around teammates, but the damage reduction never seems to be enough to keep said teammates alive. I often find myself alone with adc's and mid's dead because I simply couldn't peel for them enough.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Leezard

Spirit Visage is the tank item for mr. It's much better than Abyssal for a tank and it's even better on someone like Maokai that has built-in healing.

Also as a rule of thumb your job is to dive the shit out of the enemy backline and just be a massive dick to the enemy carries, specially with someone like Thresh to handle yours

Well for starters I'm trying to understand why are you trying to justify a Spirit Visage specially vs a Veigar with Deathcap lol

targeting priority. he wasn't targeting me; he was targeting the squishes. I think you DDOS a Veigar on your team if he's ulting the enemy tank, no? If I felt he was a problem for ME, I would have gone visage. But he wasn't so yea.

Spirit Visage is the tank item for mr. It's much better than Abyssal for a tank and it's even better on someone like Maokai that has built-in healing.

the issue in that specific game is...well look at our AP output. every game is different. I needed to take some of the load off the Ahri. Doubling down with Visage against a team primarily doing physical damage is just going to buy me about 3 extra seconds after the rest of my team melts around me while dealing even less damage. Remember, I said I was the last one to die in every engagement. Survivability in team fights wasn't much of an issue.

Also as a rule of thumb your job is to dive the shit out of the enemy backline and just be a massive dick to the enemy carries, specially with someone like Thresh to handle yours

So again, every game is different. What value is there in Maokai diving the enemy backline (Gnar and Veigar, I guess?) when Yasuo and Yi are running to MY backline and actually removing friendly champions from the game.

I understand that is generally the goal for most tanks, but every game is different. The luxury of diving backlines with impuntiy was not available.

edit: 1-0 with Camille. very interesting kit. had a hard lane (v Graves) and took him apart after I hit 6. I could have been far more aggro, but first time. Was more concerned with last hits than harassing. I got just enough tank to be able to zone a Jax, Graves and Draven in the last team fight by myself. You guys were right, she's very much like Irela late. Just keep buying tank items after Hydra and TF.

Top Bottom