• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

scy

For the curious on the original source, or the actual post the quote was pulled from rather than the discussion around it.

And also:
These are simply the three [Taliyah, Aurelion Sol, Udyr] champions with the steepest mastery curves as a measurement of slope of winrate vs games played on champion (not much subjective judgement involved). It's only one methodology we use to identify "difficult" champions. Even just measuring the same curve in a different way, Yasuo is the champion that sees the highest continued growth as a player accumulates more games on the champion. We also do a lot of survey work and deeper analysis to get a better understanding of the state of the game.

aka, be careful on the context since it can influence the discussion.

i also don't think it's super useful to compare 1-5 to 125+ cos you're just comparing extremes and that's not really that representative. for example that 20% differential is also present on syndra 1-5 to 125+

So don't compare the extremes, though it's worth noting the volume of the extremes is highly relevant here (e.g., Syndra's case of ~55% around the single-digit mark, 125+ is around 3% over a course of ~10k entries) for the validity of the data. The post you originally quoted notes this about Taliyah's reported 79.5% win rate at the top end but it's simply lacking the data (~1300 games) behind it kind of reinforces a bit on the whole read into what the data tells you.

...and it's really easy to make numbers say whatever you want to say

I'm still trying to figure out the relevance of the negative Lucian win rate chart with a 2% delta. Ultimately, I think it's a lot of ignoring the analysis of the data and just using surface stuff. Or, basically, using data as a conclusion rather than drawing conclusions from them.

Autofill needs to go, so tired of getting supports who bail out because the adc dont want to engage and gear themselves their lane they wanted to play (mid , top)

IronRaven

Autofill needs to go, so tired of getting supports who bail out because the adc dont want to engage and gear themselves their lane they wanted to play (mid , top)

I've rarely had times where the autofilled support completely bails. I think most people are willing to put up with it in order to be guaranteed what they want in the next queue.

zkylon

zkylewd
ahh i missed ur level-headed style of posting, scy (i did catch the salt before u edited it out lol)

i just stumbled on that post while browsing reddit, no idea about those other posts (did i ever mention how garbage reddit is for discussion?), just figured i'd copy pasta and see what people thought

3 most difficult champs in the game bar none are yasuo zed and rengar. you have to totally outplay your opponent super hard in order to have even half of the same effectiveness of like 90% of the cast with these fuckos and the heavy nerfs to Armor Penetration and Yasuo being Yasuo means that it's basically only OTPs and godlike mids winning on these champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
?

i literally quoted that post you're linking to, only removed the first paragraph cos it was talking about low sample sizes on champion.gg stats, no splicing whatsoever -___-

if i had posted ur same link we only get two people being like "wtf udyr..."

i fucked up by talking about difficulty instead of mastery curve but cut me some slack

seriously chill, i found this discussion interesting and useful

scy

ahh i missed ur level-headed style of posting, scy (i did catch the salt before u edited it out lol)

Haha, it came off way more passive-aggressive than I wanted originally so I started fixing it. rip2slow.

i just stumbled on that post while browsing reddit, no idea about those other posts (did i ever mention how garbage reddit is for discussion?), just figured i'd copy pasta and see what people thought

Yeah, I immediately went to go find the post since I was curious at the discussion that spawned it since Udyr in it shapes what the question that sparked him as an answer (aka, I went to go play Jeopardy).

The clarification one I quoted to was buried in a downvoted-to-hell Singed comment (since that one sparked a lot lulz I guess). Mostly just clarifying the question asked is pretty much a "What champs do new people lose far more with than experienced ones?"

?

i literally quoted that post you're linking to, only removed the first paragraph cos it was talking about low sample sizes on champion.gg stats, no splicing whatsoever -___-

He's referencing the "intransferrable mastery curve" bit since that's Zirene's definition for it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, it came off way more passive-aggressive than I wanted originally so I started fixing it. rip2slow.
haha it gave me a good chuckle at least

Yeah, I immediately went to go find the post since I was curious at the discussion that spawned it since Udyr in it shapes what the question that sparked him as an answer (aka, I went to go play Jeopardy).

The clarification one I quoted to was buried in a downvoted-to-hell Singed comment (since that one sparked a lot lulz I guess). Mostly just clarifying the question asked is pretty much a "What champs do new people lose far more with than experienced ones?"
yeah

He's referencing the "intransferrable mastery curve" bit since that's Zirene's definition for it.
oh that was just my own interpretation, like u think about that list for a second and u can see common patterns -__-

i may be dumb but i know these words from somewhere...

i think i got that "intransferrable mastery curve" thing from costy lol

Talents

Banned
I've rarely had times where the autofilled support completely bails. I think most people are willing to put up with it in order to be guaranteed what they want in the next queue.

They should make it so if you do support, you get your primary role guaranteed for the next 2 games, I would not mind playing support for 1 game if it meant I got mid 100% for the next 2 games.

I've played 26 games of mid this season in ranked and 28 of my secondary/fill. That's not very primary orientated is it?

Newt

I think Costy and I were both being stupid about the Lucian thing.

The issue is, is that he has changed a lot over the season.
They should make it so if you do support, you get your primary role guaranteed for the next 2 games, I would not mind playing support for 1 game if it meant I got mid 100% for the next 2 games.

I've played 26 games of mid this season in ranked and 28 of my secondary/fill. That's not very primary orientated is it?
Or you could just learn how to play support? It shouldn't be this hard. Stop playing utility mages like meatshields is a start.

Talents

Banned
I think Costy and I were both being stupid about the Lucian thing.

The issue is, is that he has changed a lot over the season.

Or you could just learn how to play support? It shouldn't be this hard. Stop playing utility mages like meatshields is a start.

I can't learn roles I don't find fun. I spent a month and a half playing jungle in the pre season trying to learn it and couldn't for shit. I spent over a year playing adc as my secondary 50% of games in s6 and couldn't learn it well, at least not to a high diamond level.

zkylon

zkylewd
league_of_legends__3_by_sinceillust-das483y.jpg

i guess i'll go back to my regular stuff :<

i get yelled at less when i just post fanart :<

Talents

Banned
I've played Viktor since before his first rework in 2014 when no one played him. Him and Yasuo are the champs I have the most fun with in the game, other than that I don't find many other champs fun apart from maybe Cass and Azir, but I like winning so no point in playing Azir atm. Gimme a Zeus and that'd be another champ I'd have fun with. Or an Invoker like champ.

Quonny

imma keep playing ziggs cuz hes broke as fuk at 1 time played, 40 times played, and 300 times played

yall need to abuse this busted ass champion

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It'll be interesting to see what the champion diversity in the first few patches leading up to LCS will look like.

That being said I honestly want to hear an explanation about Kayle. Do people just not like playing Kayle? She has like the highest win rate in the game and has consistently been good for carrying in solo queue since like... summer last year. Lmao. Just wondering why i don't ever see her, except me playing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think kayle's art and gameplay is just really outdated, so she doesn't attract that many ppl in comparison to fiora or whatever

Newt

Kayle is one of the most boring champions in the game.

The only reason I played her was because I couldn't be bothered to learn other roles. She basically removes the decision making aspects that you would need to have on other champions. She empowers your team in the worst way. I used to like Kayle to be honest, but now when I play her I don't even feel like I'm playing the game.

She's not played in the LCS because her early game is atrocious, and her damage is also atrocious. She's good in solo q because she's hard to fuckup on.

I'd be really happy about seeing Lee again if the jungle wasn't so fucking stupid right now.

All the fun of playing vs Lee is gone when he can just brute force his way around my ass.

Top Bottom