• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Yea, I find getting S's pretty formulaic now that I've gotten a bunch of champs to Rank 6 and 7.

You need to have > 150cs @ 20 minutes and you need to keep that pace going for the rest of the game while contributing to the kills and not dying too much. Never forget to farm. If you only have 200cs @ 30 minutes, you're in the danger zone.

Support formula is obviously very different, but it seems about the same for core roles. Not 100% sure about JG since you're expected to have less farm earlier. But I assume 100cs @ 20 minutes is around the S expectation, keeping a good pace through 30 minutes (175-200 maybe).

I've had 20 kill games that were only A-range because of the cs score. Think of CS as the foundation that your S grade is built on. Build your foundation solidly.

zkylon

zkylewd
tryndamere is just an example of comparing the old philosophy of a champion versus the new philosophy

that is, overloading champions' kits. Camille will push out other melee assassins if only because her kit has alot of utility, mobility, and function.
it's just a bad comparison, tryndamere is not a relevant champion by any means, who cares, he's the odd exception, not the average

compare her to fiora or irelia or illawee or something

we'll see if she's a problem, idk

You've probably read it already but just in case, some evolution of top lane design. Ultimately, the tl;dr is more moving parts in the kit in order to compete but less binary singular-focused design (e.g., the Tryndamere case that keeps cropping up).

To be fair, I'm biased with normally doing it from a Riven or Renekton perspective who also can do some degenerate things. So my perspective of Camille is she's more frail and telegraphed than, say, the one who randomly shows up in your lane and feasts on you.
that's cool in melee vs melee, where this shows up as trading, but vs ranged she has the exact same pattern as any other melee, she gets massively rewarded for just closing the gap (like seriously stun+shield+slow+speed up+as buff+she can then just j4 ur butt) and that's all at the expense of the one on the receiving end feeling completely helpless

it doesn't feel like a fun tug-of-war when she has that crazy range on her e, it's not like poppy that you just stay out of walls and feels like it's interacting with terrain in an interesting way, camille just casts huge DANGER ZONES because of how long range her e is

Huh, go figure then. I really like the audio part of the Q2 charge since it's rather distinct and jarring to listen to.
she's kind of like riven or project ekko/zed/ashe to me, looks like a mess of particle effects that's really hard to understand

So.

You guys know I've been a Jayce main for the last 3 seasons and for most of that time I was asking for buffs because fuck tanks. (Still, fuck tanks, BTW). I suppose it's time to ask: is he too good now? I heard QT say he felt like he was, but I wan't sure if he was completely serious or not (because he perpetually uses hyperbole to describe everything). I see him banned fairly regularly on all of these streamer's games. Not every game, but certainly enough for me to notice.

I guess I'm wondering if I should be expecting a nerf any day now. I just wanted him to not be bad; to be good, you know? Seems like FoTM right now.

Leezard

So.

You guys know I've been a Jayce main for the last 3 seasons and for most of that time I was asking for buffs because fuck tanks. (Still, fuck tanks, BTW). I suppose it's time to ask: is he too good now? I heard QT say he felt like he was, but I wan't sure if he was completely serious or not (because he perpetually uses hyperbole to describe everything). I see him banned fairly regularly on all of these streamer's games. Not every game, but certainly enough for me to notice.

I guess I'm wondering if I should be expecting a nerf any day now. I just wanted him to not be bad; to be good, you know? Seems like FoTM right now.
I'm not sure if he's too strong yet, but I've been seeing Jayce bans recently. His buffs were enough, it seems.

it's just a bad comparison, tryndamere is not a relevant champion by any means, who cares, he's the odd exception, not the average

compare her to fiora or irelia or illawee or something

we'll see if she's a problem, idk

she's better at chasing than fiora or irelia as well as being better at locking down an opponent/assassinating a carry.

illaoi is a bruiser

zkylon

zkylewd
she's better at chasing than fiora or irelia as well as being better at locking down an opponent/assassinating a carry.

illaoi is a bruiser
stay on the point breezy -__-

idea is that comparing her to tryndamere is dumb because tryndamere is bad

not because the rest of the roster is bad

hence the irelia/fiora/illaweewee examples

they're not the exact same class or anything, but just meant to demonstrate that there's a variety of acceptable melee champions

Haven't played against Camille but her ban quote is oddly appealing to me. Keep her op

I haven't looked at her stats yet, but I'm still convinced that her win rate after 35 minutes is going to look like shit. She's so strong early and midgame, but unlike other top fighters she really seems to fall right the fuck off. Champs like Morg, Lux and Poppy shit on her whole playstyle and finding a way in (and out) while diving behind a team late game where everyone is 5 and 6 slotted seems like an impossibility. She might score a key pickoff, but almost always at the cost of her own life, not unlike your average Yasuo experience.

I see her win a lot of lanes, and have a great kda for the first 30 minutes. Then I see her unable to find easy pickoffs as grouping and 5-manning starts and I see her getting blown the fuck up. Perhaps just lots of bad decisions and lack of familiarity with the limitations of a new champ, but every Camille in every high elo ranked game that I've watched (QT, Sick, NB3, Sneaky) ends roughly the same way if the game goes that long.

stay on the point breezy -__-

idea is that comparing her to tryndamere is dumb because tryndamere is bad

not because the rest of the roster is bad

hence the irelia/fiora/illaweewee examples

they're not the exact same class or anything, but just meant to demonstrate that there's a variety of acceptable melee champions

the point of comparing her to trynd is to make the point of showing you an overloaded kit(camille) and a kit that isn't(tryn), whilst both take the same lane/role(top lane)

thats it zky

Leezard

I'd rather have Camille on the enemy team than Tryndamere.

Camille can at least join for team fights but Trynda will just split push all day and make it obnoxious to stop him. When Camille joins a team fight you can just blow her up.

edit: granted I haven't played against her a lot since she's usually banned, but that's my impression of her. She's a diver but not too useful in team fights.

scy

I mean, Jayce was basically the "you must be this tall to ride" check for the end of S6 top lane. S7 he's less dominating but he's still the primary ranged top laner to contend with.

I haven't looked at her stats yet, but I'm still convinced that her win rate after 35 minutes is going to look like shit.

My best guess is probably more a ~5 item lull in her winrate with a spike by 6th item; at that point of the late game, respawn timers are long enough that she can gun for bigger priority targets and that'll be enough to ride the momentum to end a game.

killatopak

Gold Member
tfw you rage when you do well in a game and you dc only to realize you haven't payed your internet bills and they cut off your connection.

Newt

I don't realize what the fuck you're supposed to be doing as ADC this patch.

2e3976b71271502c8b04f12d247437c2.jpg

Leezard

I don't realize what the fuck you're supposed to be doing as ADC this patch.

The impact of adcs does seem kinda low this patch. I'm just running Zyra supp so I can contribute more damage regardless of the adc.

Maybe it's worse due to the soft reset and that I have to play with random skill level adcs.

zkylon

zkylewd
the point of comparing her to trynd is to make the point of showing you an overloaded kit(camille) and a kit that isn't(tryn), whilst both take the same lane/role(top lane)

thats it zky

i give up -__-

i think i'll stop talking this stuff for a bit... i'm drained

Newt

The impact of adcs does seem kinda low this patch. I'm just running Zyra supp so I can contribute more damage regardless of the adc.

Maybe it's worse due to the soft reset and that I have to play with random skill level adcs.
I feel the same way, but with jungle. In my past fews games, the enemy jungle just solo won the games.

Jungle is way too strong a role right now, and ADC is probably too weak. I actually liked the ghostblade meta, there was a lot of different build paths and viable champions.

Leezard

I feel the same way, but with jungle. In my past fews games, the enemy jungle just solo won the games.

Jungle is way too strong a role right now, and ADC is probably too weak. I actually liked the ghostblade meta, there was a lot of different build paths and viable champions.

Oh yeah, I agree about jungle, I think it's way too impactful. In most of my games this season the game has been decided by the stronger jungler rather than any other lane, even if it other lanes has also carried the game sometimes.

I mean, Jayce was basically the "you must be this tall to ride" check for the end of S6 top lane. S7 he's less dominating but he's still the primary ranged top laner to contend with.
So is he safe from nerfs or...?

Saying he's the primary ranged top isn't saying much given it's really just Jayce and Gnar up there as ranged AD options (with respect to Quinn). Kennen, Ryze and Teemo all seem to be quite popular AP top options for teams that need or want an AP top. Do you feel he's better than all 5 of those regulars by default? If so, my boy is going to get nerfed into line.

My best guess is probably more a ~5 item lull in her winrate with a spike by 6th item; at that point of the late game, respawn timers are long enough that she can gun for bigger priority targets and that'll be enough to ride the momentum to end a game.

I bet Cammy getting to 6 items is a rare sight. I haven't seen one yet.

Jayce was completely stupid at the end of last season, with Arpen nerfed he was taken down a notch but he's still pretty damn good.

As for Camille, she's good yeah but she's pretty helpless vs ranged tops.

Nev

Banned
How long is it gonna take Riot to revert the fucking stupid stealth changes? Are they really that goddamn oblivious? In what universe are you okay as a balance team with removing the ONE counterplay element that cancer champions like Evelynn, Twitch and Shaco have. Enemy team in soloQ has a Shaco jungle? Well good luck! You better not leave your fucking turret because there's ZERO counter to her fucking retarded stealth.

What a fucking joke. Let's remove all the counterplay from the game while we're at it. You know the situation is absolutely disgusting when Rengar's stealth is the healthiest in the game.

How long is it gonna take Riot to revert the fucking stupid stealth changes? Are they really that goddamn oblivious? In what universe are you okay as a balance team with removing the ONE counterplay element that cancer champions like Evelynn, Twitch and Shaco have. Enemy team in soloQ has an Eve jungle? Well good luck! You better not leave your fucking turret because there's ZERO counter to her fucking retarded stealth.

What a fucking joke. Let's remove all the counterplay from the game while we're at it.
You do realize that literally nothing changed as far as Eve is concerned, right? And that Twitch stealth works the same way

How long is it gonna take Riot to revert the fucking stupid stealth changes? Are they really that goddamn oblivious? In what universe are you okay as a balance team with removing the ONE counterplay element that cancer champions like Evelynn, Twitch and Shaco have. Enemy team in soloQ has a Shaco jungle? Well good luck! You better not leave your fucking turret because there's ZERO counter to her fucking retarded stealth.

What a fucking joke. Let's remove all the counterplay from the game while we're at it. You know the situation is absolutely disgusting when Rengar's stealth is the healthiest in the game.

Eve's stealth and its counters stayed the exact same. She was basically the model for how the new 'stealth' worked, i.e. visible to control wards and visible if she gets close enough to a champ. Twitch's stealth is longer, but now he follows the same rules. No luck for Shaco though, you're right his stealth got a buff by moving to invisibility or whatever it's called. Think it's still the same length though? Also I think if you hit him with an AoE in stealth you'll see a flash of his character model.

Also, looking through my match history for normals I've come to realize 2 things:

1) I'm only playing against bronze players and level 30 players. Maybe I should go back to ranked.

2) lul the Janna that was complaining about my team's thresh not hitting any hard hooks and 'he took my thresh' was bronze 4.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
4 games in a row with shit/trollpick supports, but only on my team.

Autofill def working as intended. What an amazing feature that makes games fun.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Have you stopped playing support yourself?

No, I still main support/mid in EUW ranked. But I've been trying to diversify, and I used to be a competent adc so I'm aiming to get the feel back for that role.

Right now I'm on the NA account and while it's true I don't want to win too much in order to duo with certain gaffers that doesn't make these supports less painful to endure.

No, I still main support/mid in EUW ranked. But I've been trying to diversify, and I used to be a competent adc so I'm aiming to get the feel back for that role.

Right now I'm on the NA account and while it's true I don't want to win too much in order to duo with certain gaffers that doesn't make these supports less painful to endure.
Turn back while you still can

Leezard

Oh I see.

Jayce was completely stupid at the end of last season, with Arpen nerfed he was taken down a notch but he's still pretty damn good.

As for Camille, she's good yeah but she's pretty helpless vs ranged tops.

Interestingly, I saw a Camille body SickMotion playing Jayce yesterday. She was styin on him with the wall dive slow combo. I'd link the replay if I had the patience to find it. She fell off late game like all the other Camille's I've seen, but she finished laning phase up something like 3-1 on Jayce. His Jayce isn't the best, but it ceratinly isn't awful and probably his most played champ this season.

The Camille was running full flat CDR glyphs and one CDR quint so she had lots of diving spam access. AD and armor on the marks and seals. It was quite nice.

Top Bottom