• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Wow, the OW comic thread is literally burning about Phara/Mercy is possibly no longer a couple

Garen and Kat have been heavily implied for years in a Romeo and Juliet sort of thing

Oh Diana could easily be a lesbian too.

Recent champs makes references of their relationship but both champs are unawae of that relationship

zkylon

zkylewd
Zky did you hear, Tracer is officially a Lesbian

I wonder when Rito will confirm Garen is gay @_@
that's kind of dumb, everyone is shipping mercy x pharah and zarya x mei already, tracer was the last hope for straight people (the only one that hasn't gruesomely murdered her husband, at least). like confirming community ships is the best, like rito should do with syndra and zed

also i like to think jayce and jhin are gay

and maybe viktor also

and hey, vi and cait

basically everyone in piltover is fab af

leave Kat alone

why's it gotta be Garen
well it's a cool story, lovers in opposite empires and all that

Jhin I can see being gay

I hope so. And then when he removes his mask he looks like Freddie Mercury

Costy if you do anything, do that for me. Make him look like Freddie.

zkylon

zkylewd
pantheon also has a japanese style childhood friendship romance thing with leona

lucy is also straight tho his waifu is ded

meanwhile vlad is supremely gay and it's awesome

i really like this topic of conversation

I dunno about Vlad being gay

81a719304ea264d5104428fe034e07e40096c3ce8577442a9a75b542ad35a0c1.jpg

I see him more of a "bang anything that moves" type of guy

zkylon

zkylewd
ahri going after vlad would make sense, he probably has lots of life essence and whatever shit she sucks out of people to stay human

zkylon

zkylewd
just read the tracer thing

i think the "reveal" is dumb but that's a cool comic, the kinds i wish riot did

camille comic was great but i want to see champions interacting with each other and i want to see champions do shit outside of their reveals

it's easier for overwatch cos it's just like 20 champions but idk, rito is rich, figure it out :p

sucks out?

dont make this lewd
it's a manner of speech, of course :p

First match as Camille, against a teemo.....got destroyed by that little rata

just read the tracer thing

i think the "reveal" is dumb but that's a cool comic, the kinds i wish riot did

camille comic was great but i want to see champions interacting with each other and i want to see champions do shit outside of their reveals

it's easier for overwatch cos it's just like 20 champions but idk, rito is rich, figure it out :p

Riot way of storytelling is walls of text you could easily forget about it while OW is not complex and easy to understand while small hints. And like you said the cast is small and most of the Heroes are on the same team or related so is easier to manage the story with branches as new heroes appears

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah

the stories are great, i like them all, i just want pictures and i want champions interacting with each other (in pictures!)

that's why i loved the bilgewater event so much, you got to see like mf shit on gp and graves and tf being best buds again (there's another ship for ya) and illaweepee and lucy and mf just murdering ghosts and hecarim and shit

it's fucking awesome

but yea i want pictures

PICTURES DAMN IT

I'll be honest costy.

I don't read those.

Rito should incorporate this kind of stuff in either comic form or voice lines. Like if her and GP are in a team, then they talk to each other. Like if GP ults her lane/ults on her and they're allied, she'll be like 'If only you were this vicious in our heyday!'. And if they're like enemies, then they can be like 'Gangplank, I'll drown you!'.

you'd know if you played the fkin game breezy-kun :^)

in my headcanon GP still has that crotch hair sticking out of his pants and because of that he can't get a date.

and that was today's "correct Breezy on a thing he doesn't bother to suss out and takes at face value" moment

the critique still stands, that it'd be neat if this stuff was in the game in a non-intrusive way. Having to taunt in a lane to get the interaction isn't really non-intrusive >_> it'd be natural for say, Illaoi, to say her line against GP or Darius or whoever was listed there after she killed them/was critically wounded by them/etc.

Like, the fact that I got attached to Illaoi for a while and played her alot a while back, and only now am finding out about her quotes because I as a player never taunt near an opponent is(And I doubt many do)...well, awful >_>;

I mean you also didn't read her bio either.

but yeah we're doing more of that stuff. Camille, for example, most of her lines are on attacking or killing specific champions

something you'd know if you actually played the game :p

see that's a good change

and if I currently played the game, I would make sure Camille is permabanned, so I'd never hear them anyway.

But yeah, that's good that sort of stuff is being implemented in natural ways.

now give me freddie mercury jhin costy and I'll stop playing heroes of the storm and play league 24/7

zkylon

zkylewd
the story stuff they've been putting out has been really good tho, i just hate reading novels off the screen

and i feel like no one ever reads the lore or the bios or anything, so it feels like a waste of resource to deliver the story in that way. like i bet very few people know much about the omnics war in overwatch, but everyone knows that winston is gathering up heroes to fight reaper. and i bet the turnover from the trailers to the comics is very little and even less to the deeper bios and shit, but i can't imagine league being any better

i'm like the only person i know that ever reads the lore in the game and even i find it exhausting. and i think it's super duper cool that riot is fleshing out their universe and giving reading material to the 0.0001% of people that get super into that shit, and i think they should still do it, but they should probably meet us half way and give us maybe something a little easier to digest

i want my cg video already, i really thought we were gonna get one this year :<

The fact Illaoi was GP girlfriend and I have to know it in a random Loading screen quote was a sad experience
i'm pretty sure it's in her story somewhere

at least i knew this and i always alt tab during loading screen

I mean you also didn't read her bio either.

but yeah we're doing more of that stuff. Camille, for example, most of her lines are on attacking or killing specific champions

something you'd know if you actually played the game :p
yeah this switch was pretty good, they should probably retroactively do this for champions that have special taunts (like illapeepee)

Quonny

I fully expect champion reworks and new champions going forward to have Camille's brand of interaction.

Going back and getting voice actors into the studio to record a handful of lines is unrealistic and expensive.

zkylon

zkylewd
I fully expect champion reworks and new champions going forward to have Camille's brand of interaction.

Going back and getting voice actors into the studio to record a handful of lines is unrealistic and expensive.
i only said for champions that had lines delivered thru taunts -__-

personally i play the game with really low volume so i don't care that much but u know, for people that do

Quonny

i only said for champions that had lines delivered thru taunts -__-

personally i play the game with really low volume so i don't care that much but u know, for people that do

You just want more interaction which will lead to Pixiv artists drawing more 'interactions' between the champions.

I see you.

zkylon

zkylewd
no for that i want higher resolution 3d models so they can do all that fancy overwatch stuff

but riot never thinks ahead

they don't think of the art that could be done

anywho this is cool

voSIQJP.jpg

Top Bottom