• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Newt

Ranked feels really bad right now. Jungle is just way too much of an impactful role and ADC seems kinda pointless.

2ca71e2422a1228f32a8e35dc7addf95.jpg

jerd

My adc matches ended with both adcs getting like 5 kills and the junglers destroying all the lanes

The current jungle allows for one jungler to take over the game and shut out the other jungler/make them completely irrelevant but I don't think they should necessarily be exerting any more pressure on lanes than ever. By that I mean if both junglers are going off I don't really think that's much related to the state of the game as it is laners feeding them

drawkcaB

Ranked feels really bad right now. Jungle is just way too much of an impactful role and ADC seems kinda pointless.

And the worst part is that's only true if you're playing a meta jungler. I've always loved playing rarely picked and/or off-meta junglers because many of them bring something genuinely interesting to the team out of the jungle, despite their shortcomings. But Riot has caught itself in a perpetual feedback loop: jungle is being tuned around a small set of champions which in turn pushes marginal junglers further and further out to the fringes. I was hoping that plants might correct some of this, but they've done nothing.

Jungle feels awful right now, and I hate it.

I don't enjoy supporting enough to main it, and I've never like playing top, mid, or ADC. I'm on the fence for just quitting this game outright, so I'm taking a voluntary break for at least a few months.

I've taken breaks before but they were generally because I became too busy at work or around the house, but I'd keep track of data, check PBE updates, and play the odd custom bot match. I don't do any of that anymore. During those previous breaks I didn't want to stop playing, I just kind of had to. I have near zero interest in LoL right now. I fire up the client, and almost immediately close it without so much as signing in.

At any rate, I'd be an awful waste for my RP to just sit in my account doing nothing, so I'll be having a little contest. I randomly picked a champion using a number generator. I have enough RP for three mystery champion/skin gifts. So, for anyone who wants a shot at a champ/skin gift, you just have to guess that champion's name. The three guesses closest alphabetically to my random champion get the gifts. I'll give anyone interested until Thursday to guess. Also, please have at least this bolded text quoted in your posts to save me some trouble finding the guesses.

(I assume I can't give mystery champs/skins to people outside NA, so apologies for non-NA players)

It's Swain

At any rate, I'd be an awful waste for my RP to just sit in my account doing nothing, so I'll be having a little contest. I randomly picked a champion using a number generator. I have enough RP for three mystery champion/skin gifts. So, for anyone who wants a shot at a champ/skin gift, you just have to guess that champion's name. The three guesses closest alphabetically to my random champion get the gifts. I'll give anyone interested until Thursday to guess. Also, please have at least this bolded text quoted in your posts to save me some trouble finding the guesses.

Calvero

Banned
At any rate, I'd be an awful waste for my RP to just sit in my account doing nothing, so I'll be having a little contest. I randomly picked a champion using a number generator. I have enough RP for three mystery champion/skin gifts. So, for anyone who wants a shot at a champ/skin gift, you just have to guess that champion's name. The three guesses closest alphabetically to my random champion get the gifts. I'll give anyone interested until Thursday to guess. Also, please have at least this bolded text quoted in your posts to save me some trouble finding the guesses.)]

Kennen

Please add and quote the bolded underline text in my post to make my life easier when it comes time to gather all the guesses =)

also if you need a break

we should play hots. you might like it?

but I'm waiting for the preseason to be over before I jump in and yorick more. I absolutely adore the Yorick rework.

Newt

And the worst part is that's only true if you're playing a meta jungler. I've always loved playing rarely picked and/or off-meta junglers because many of them bring something genuinely interesting to the team out of the jungle, despite their shortcomings. But Riot has caught itself in a perpetual feedback loop: jungle is being tuned around a small set of champions which in turn pushes marginal junglers further and further out to the fringes. I was hoping that plants might correct some of this, but they've done nothing.

I don't enjoy supporting enough to main it, and I've never like playing top, mid, or ADC. I'm on the fence for just quitting this game outright, so I'm taking a voluntary break for at least a few months.

I've taken breaks before but they were generally because I became too busy at work or around the house, but I'd keep track of data, check PBE updates, and play the odd custom bot match. I don't do any of that anymore. During those previous breaks I didn't want to stop playing, I just kind of had to. I have near zero interest in LoL right now. I fire up the client, and almost immediately close it without so much as signing in.

(I assume I can't give mystery champs/skins to people outside NA, so apologies for non-NA players)
Draven :)

Also, you would find games more fun if you played with us. I do get frustrated with GAF sometimes, but most games are fun.

Especially when Naota uses abilites and Envelaap is on lee sin and not his other champs :')

Leezard

I mean, that's just jungle as a role. The role is mostly PVE, so champs with high clear speed have an advantage. Of course the meta champs are champs with good clear speed and good gank opportunities.

Typically the out-of-meta junglers don't bring something unique enough or what they bring is just not good enough, so you're just stuck with a bad jungler. Like people who play something like Kayle jungle right now and go "enemy has lee sin jungle, of course he's going to gank 5x my ganks and still have more farm". Like, no shit, Kayle sucks in the jungle right now.

Newt

I mean, that's just jungle as a role. The role is mostly PVE, so champs with high clear speed have an advantage. Of course the meta champs are champs with good clear speed and good gank opportunities.

Typically the out-of-meta junglers don't bring something unique enough or what they bring is just not good enough, so you're just stuck with a bad jungler. Like people who play something like Kayle jungle right now and go "enemy has lee sin jungle, of course he's going to gank 5x my ganks and still have more farm". Like, no shit, Kayle sucks in the jungle right now.
Kayle actually isn't bad in the jungle atm.

Meh, getting frustated when the enemy jungle got 2 kills in early, its pretty much gg for the entire match , more if the jungler is a tank, there is little I can do as support to stop that monster unless I choose a tank because my adc gets one shoot anyway in a 2vs3 encounter

Morgana, oh =(

Leezard

Kayle actually isn't bad in the jungle atm.

All right, fair enough, I haven't seen her in a while. Replace it with Diana jungle or something that actually is bad right now. The main point was "a bad jungler" rather than a specific champ.

Just got my Morgana Level 6 and working on Diana level 6 right now. Highest I got with Diana atm is A+,maybe I should work on my CS
Also my in-game is SamuraiSleeper

Syndra

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry

Cho'gath (^:

Especially when Naota uses abilites and Envelaap is on lee sin and not his other champs :')

has the former ever been documented? such a rare sight

killatopak

Gold Member
I hate it when the games go super late and 1 mistake from your teammate could cost you the whole game.

Doesn't matter if you played well in the early game.

GP

Urgot

Dekutulla

Gotta be Illaoi :v

Ezreal

Teemo

Nasus

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Imma go with Hecarim.

PSqueak

Banned

Kled!

lessons from preseason

can't atm cos at work but this sounds like a worthwhile watch
TL;DR

Communication needs to be better, failed with plants which made people worry, maybe more info upfront or getting things on the PBE closer to when they announce it.
Class updates taught them about keeping stuff that made champions cool more often as opposed to giving them random-ass stuff just for the sake of being unique - Skarner spires being an example. Also that they need to do skillfloors and skillcaps better, Kat rework is good Vlad rework is bad, more visible power stuff.
They like support items with more visible power instead of raw stats and items that are tailored torwards some champions
Trying to change items and masteries before touching champions as far as balance is concerned.
Playtesting with people outside of Riot like Scarra is important, doing that more often.

Nothing about junglers being stupid which makes me sad.

Wow, it's hard to get the hang of this game after being gone for so long. Even harder with reworks and season changes.

Cammy is ... interesting. Got to play her like once so far cause everyone bans her. Hard for me to not just sit on top of someone and AA them if I think I can win ... which causes me to dead a lot. Maybe I should pick up Fiora in the mean time cause no one bans her even though I feel like she's Strong AF.

Maybe I should pick up Diana again before trying out new Kat. No on expects that level 6 power spike and it would be nice to get the hang of blinking to enemies with a champ I've played before.

Jayce, of course.

drawkcaB

I'm thrilled that a non-jungler accepts that the the viable pool of junglers is shrinking. I'm not trying to sound combative, but I think that if Riot chose going forward that tank supports were the only thing they wanted in the support slot from here on out and ranged supports like Nami were left to rot you wouldn't say "well, that's just support as a role".

(Riot could do tons to improve clear speed of lots of junglers. They have chosen not to. Riot has a handful of approved junglers and anything else can fuck off. It's not hard, there's simply no will, which is a real shame because Riot in the very least tried to broaden the jungle in seasons 2-5.)

Rengar

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Fiddlesticks

Top Bottom