• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

On the twelfth day of promos, my Yasuo sent to me:

12 deaths during laning
11 threats of killing
10 reasons why I'm garbage
9 /all chat fights
8 "I'ma AFK"s
7 "Summoner has disconnected"s
6 Signs of false hope
5 "But last game!"s
4 fights with bot lane
3 botched ulties
2 "Who tries in normals?"
and a final score of 4 and 19

Just send me your account info. Also you'll be gold when you get back.

image.php

JulianImp

I laughed too much at this. The music really makes it. Video reminds me of me playing Blitzcrank some games.

That's part of why I like Nautilus a lot more than Blitz, since you can at least tag people with R to initiate rather than relying on landing your skillshots to actually get to do anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
thankfully you get that ranked protection thing after autofilling so you're guaranteed support next game

edit: someone dodged and i got the same team but now i'm mid. what's with this system, someone else got screwed then?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Let's discuss how stupid it is for an ability to stop unstoppable abilities

Aka fuck Camille and her ult, which is the single worst ability in the game

if only there was a way to make an ally unstoppable, even for a small duration, to be able to counter dumb stuff like camilles ultimate.

Pretty few champs can deal that ult , still camille can die in the process but taking a vsluable target with her in a tf

zkylon

zkylewd
3cVkSCs.png

had to defeat faker himself (lol) to finally get a win but i did it (also rito gods were generous and gave me mid a bunch of times... but all the other lanes fed...)

new leblanc is so damn busted

i'm doing so bad at placements, 3-5 at solo q, 2-6 at flex lol

The only champions with broken kits left in the game are like Malphite, Annie, Warwick, Syndra and Galio.

malphites easy

keep Q. Or add in that when Q hits the champion, it splits into shards that bounce towards other champions.

W keep the passive. But change it's active to-
Malphite hardens his shell. Gains a shield. While this shield is active, his attacks do bonus aoe damage. When the shield shatters or expires, fragments scatter and hit everything around him.

His E is ok. Maybe have it leave tremors at max level. IE-
Level 1 he hits the ground and sends a shock wave. Scaling of tremors could be 1/1/2/2/3, so at max level it'll tick 3 times over...I dunno, 6 seconds. Each shockwave after the first deals half damage, and lowers half the attack speed.

I like his ult. Keep it as is.

Newt

I would define broken as either

1. Not enough counterplay, or not interactive enough

or

2. Not viable based on kit alone

Annie, Syndra and Malphite fall into category 1.

Warwick and Galio into category 2.

malphites easy

keep Q. Or add in that when Q hits the champion, it splits into shards that bounce towards other champions.

W keep the passive. But change it's active to-
Malphite hardens his shell. Gains a shield. While this shield is active, his attacks do bonus aoe damage. When the shield shatters or expires, fragments scatter and hit everything around him.

His E is ok. Maybe have it leave tremors at max level. IE-
Level 1 he hits the ground and sends a shock wave. Scaling of tremors could be 1/1/2/2/3, so at max level it'll tick 3 times over...I dunno, 6 seconds. Each shockwave after the first deals half damage, and lowers half the attack speed.

I like his ult. Keep it as is.
This is good Breezy. I knew you had it in you.

I think Malphite's main issue is his attack speed slow anyways.

I would define broken as either

1. Not enough counterplay, or not interactive enough'

or

2. Not viable based on kit alone

how would you define malphite

he definitely isn't viable(In a high competitive sense). the things that have no counterplay are his Q and his ultimate, but only if you're not good enough to flash out of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
1 seems like a fairly tame requirement for saying "broken"

i do agree those 3 champions have low counterplay but so do many others (like if that's all it takes i'd put camille, hecarim, new kat, vlad, zyra, karma, and many more in that category)

also isn't galio like super secret op?

Newt

1 seems like a fairly tame requirement for saying "broken"

i do agree those 3 champions have low counterplay but so do many others

also isn't galio like super op?
I mean like competitively viable, the game is balanced around competitive play anyways.

Someone like Garen I guess falls under number 2, but he's kinda meant to be in that spot. I don't think Galio is.

ok i pick mid and support and riot still places me as adc

riot ffs stop making me play adc i hate it i hate it so much
I hope autofill ADCs become more common as the year goes by. This community needs to start appreciating the players that willingly choose to be the team's hot potato.
thankfully you get that ranked protection thing after autofilling so you're guaranteed support next game

edit: someone dodged and i got the same team but now i'm mid. what's with this system, someone else got screwed then?
Yeah, I really hate this. If I get matched as a role why the fuck is the game rerolling me if someome dodges? It's so incredibly frustrating to get what you want to play three dodges in a row then the game decides you're gonna autofill support now
faker plays him :>
Fake can probably make anything work mid

faridmon

Just played against a lucian and a vel who destroyed us at bot. Really, they must be Gold players or something because everything they did had a meaning and connected every skillshot.

And I realised that playing Thresh against better people is just heartbreaking. I must have missed 70% of my hook.

Just played against a lucian and a vel who destroyed us at bot. Really, they must be Gold players or something because everything they did had a meaning and connected every skillshot.

And I realised that playing Thresh against better people is just heartbreaking. I must have missed 70% of my hook.
Just focus the Velkoz - no escape, "hur durr why you focus the support", gets a kill on your ADC and allows you to control the lane/drake.

As a side note, I specced a but of a Thresh game and your builds seems noticeably better now.

faridmon

Just focus the Velkoz - no escape, "hur durr why you focus the support", gets a kill on your ADC and allows you to control the lane/drake.

As a side note, I specced a but of a Thresh game and your builds seems noticeably better now.

That Vel was like 4/0 too

Man what a nightmare that game was

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope autofill ADCs become more common as the year goes by. This community needs to start appreciating the players that willingly choose to be the team's hot potato.
i appreciate the sivirs and the ashes

i don't appreciate the billion vaynes that stumble into cc nope

fuck you vayne

Yeah, I really hate this. If I get matched as a role why the fuck is the game rerolling me if someome dodges? It's so incredibly frustrating to get what you want to play three dodges in a row then the game decides you're gonna autofill support now
it's really weird cos it was the same team

so like it either didn't find the ideal match for everyone on the first try (which means the matchmaking algorithm is kind of sucky?) or probably it just rerolls everyone every time, which must feel really sucky for them (i did carry the shit out of that game so i guess at least they got their money's worth lol)

idk, i really dislike that we have two queues, i'll wait until i'm out of placements but i keep getting matched with silver players and diamond players and i get adc way more than i should compared to the end of last season

we'll see

Fake can probably make anything work mid
it was a joke .__.

i appreciate the sivirs and the ashes

i don't appreciate the billion vaynes that stumble into cc nope

fuck you vayne
Well you shouldn't, they picking poopy champions

At least Vayne is really strong if you pick her after the enemy adc picks something stupid like Ez.

drawkcaB

...I must be missing something. Why can't I send out mystery gifts? Dimb and Blackwind are in my friends list but I can't select them as gift recipients.

Top Bottom