• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Good ol struggle game ...

rvD2nFV.jpg

(That's TF Support BTW)

IDK why Annie built 3 RoAs ... or why the JG never came top for a gank even though gave him a good Leash and I kept the lane close to my tower and this fucking Trundle wanted to be "That guy" who brings ignite top ... but also had TP (so he has zero escapes ... but according to Bot lane he sucks at ganking lanes so maybe he's just bad).

Everyone kinda hated each other on our team and it was a pain trying to get a Team Fight going.

Game saved by decent itemization on my part (I LOVE buying EC when someone is playing a Life Steal champ or/ and build. Most of the time they don't realize what's happening until it's too late) and the enemy team having a Shaco in a 50min game.

Also didn't know that you couldn't proc GA's passive, sell it and buy a new one without the timer. I mean, it sounds like it would be broken but I felt like that's how it worked.

Talents

Banned
Oh god they're buffing soraka this patch with the item buffs. Here we go.

THE NEW MIKAELS AND ARDENT PASSIVES STACK

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quonny

Ryze's E has a 2.25 second cooldown, which makes his Q have a 2.25 second cooldown with 470 base damage by spamming E-Q without any CDR.

c-cool

Wait, I thought that once they reworked a champ they would have a period where you can buy any of their skins.

Are we going to be able to buy Human Ryze or other legacy Ryze skins?

jerd

Realm Warp (R)
Description: Ryze opens a portal to a target location. After 2 seconds, all allies near the portal are teleported to that location.
Details: This spell ranks up in range significantly with rank, and it has only 2 ranks. It's definitely a little different that it only has 2 ranks, but we wanted it to be more gated in the early game and less so in the mid and late game, and we didn't want allies to have to remember several different ranges of the spell in order to participate in using the spell effectively, so the 3rd rank was just cut out, and its range was put onto rank 2.

Lol what

Ryze's E has a 2.25 second cooldown, which makes his Q have a 2.25 second cooldown with 470 base damage by spamming E-Q without any CDR.

c-cool

what the fuck

Ok lets take a look.

Ryze can level his Q 6 times and his R 2 times.

Uhuh. Mhmhm. What the fuck. Does he just know R from the start...? Can he level it at 5? This picture isn't helping-

Ryze's spells deal extra damage based on his Bonus Mana, and his maximum mana is increased by 5% per 100 Ability Power.
Current Increase: X%

Bonus mana. Ok, that's a bit better.

40 Mana
6 sec Cooldown
Passive: Rune Prison and Spell Flux reset Overload's Cooldown and charge a Rune for 4 seconds, up to 2 Runes.
Active: Unleash a runic blast, dealing 60/85/110/135/160/x (+45% AP) (+3% bonus mana) magic damage to the firsr enemy struck. Any active Runes are discharged.
If 2 Runes are discharged, they Overload, shielding Ryze from [X + X per level] (+60% AP) (+3% bonus mana) damage and increasing his Movement Speed by 25/30/35/40/45/x% for 2 seconds.

His shield scale scales to the mana. His Q does a shitload of damage for being spammable. And the scaling is okish. 45 per 100 ap, 3 per 100 mana(Meaning at 3k mana it's an extra 90 damage)

50/60/70/80/90 Mana
13/12/11/10/9 sec Cooldown
[Range]
Instantly root and enemy for 1 second and deal 80/100/120/140/160 (+20% AP) (+1% bonus mana) magic damage.

Seeing as how his skills don't lower the CD anymore, much better on the snare. But that's not really the problem.

Spell Flux (E)
40/55/70/85/100 Mana
2.25 sec Cooldown
[Range]
Apply Flux to an enemy, dealing 50/75/100/125/150 (+30% AP) (+2% bonus mana) magic damage. Spells consume Flux for bonus effects:
Overload: Deals 60/70/80/90/100% more damage and spreads to nearby enemies with Flux.
Rune Prison: Root duration is doubled to 2 seconds.
Spell Flux: Spreads Spell Flux to nearby enemies.
Spells that kill enemies affected by Flux spread Spell Flux to nearby enemies.

Hm. Mhm. Ok so this is a targeted ability. 2 second cooldown. Decent damage for being spammable at 2 seconds+providing effects to his other spells. Not to mention the Q buff it gives.

Realm Warp (R)
100 Mana
120 sec Cooldown
[Range]
Ryze opens a portal to a location up to 1500/3000 range away. After 2 seconds, all allies near the portal are teleported to that location.
If Ryze becomes unable to cast or move, Realm Warp is cancelled.

So you can stun Ryze out of it(Although the wording is..interesting to say. It's not a channeled ability, but it has the caveat that if he's snared/CCed hard it's cancelled.) I wonder why the wording? Does that mean that a knock back effect won't cancel it?

...also lol, Zombie Ryze is just slightly greener ryze now.

Either way, his base numbers are disappointing for what he has. They should be lessened-For his Q and E atleast. The new combo will probably be something like E+W+Q(Unless a spell consumes the flux effect from a person, in which case the combo might be a little different.)

Frozen Heart is going to be so broken on him.

y a y

If he goes down the Thunderlord route(Why wouldn't he), he can pick up the extra CDR, he'll probably have 25% CDR about 15-20 minutes in depending on his farm(And he might take CDR runes to fill out the last 20%~), then that'll put his E cooldown at about 1.50 seconds, meaning that his Q will be highly spammable.

God it's gonna be stupid. BETTER NERF SWAIN ON HIS ULT CD, HE WAS SPAMMING THAT TOO MUCH. YUP. CONSISTENT REASONING IN THEIR BALANCE

I don't see the issue you guys have with Rune Prison. It's not spamable anymore (unless I'm mistaken) and having some point and click cc in the game is really useful for keeping champs like Ahri and Yasuo in check. We don't have a lot of them anymore.
Rune Prison not being spammable is irrelevant. An instant ranged root is good for mid lane but awful for top lane because it shits on bruisers big time. This kit sounds like it has the exact same problems as his older kit, but now he trades sustain for a team TP.

Rune Prison not being spammable is irrelevant. An instant ranged root is good for mid lane but awful for top lane because it shits on bruisers big time. This kit sounds like it has the exact same problems as his older kit, but now he trades sustain for a team TP.

It's not even the TP.

It's the Spammable E that gives a steroid to his other skills and resets Q. His TP is icing on the cake.

I already complained about frozen heart on ryze yall ignorin me

Yes but have you considered Banshees Veil

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
can anyone talk me through the armor pen build for jhin vs the standard crit build? which is better/when is one build superior to the other?

Quonny

can anyone talk me through the armor pen build for jhin vs the standard crit build? which is better/when is one build superior to the other?

Armor pen when you're behind so your safer abilities can do their work, standard crit when you're ahead/even so your autos pack a punch.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
ok, it just feels like the arpen build doesn't have quite as much punch as the crit build, but i haven't really compared them side by side

Alright y'all,

One of the girls in my group of friends who comes to gaming nights plays League, and I play Dota 2.

I had the Manila majors on during one of the game nights and we got to talking about the differences between the two games.

She said for her birthday she's going to the LCS tournament in L.A. in July, so I figured "why not" and told her I'd go with her.

Now I've got two problems:

1) I have no clue about how to not look like an idiot spectating League, and I don't want to bother her 100% of the time asking questions. What's the quickest way to get a grasp on mechanical differences / game specific stuff so I don't look that out of place?

2) Any good League themed gift ideas? Gonna try and surprise her with something nice, but I don't just want to throw Riot bux at her.

Quonny

1) I have no clue about how to not look like an idiot spectating League, and I don't want to bother her 100% of the time asking questions. What's the quickest way to get a grasp on mechanical differences / game specific stuff so I don't look that out of place?

2) Any good League themed gift ideas? Gonna try and surprise her with something nice, but I don't just want to throw Riot bux at her.

1. Although this video details SMITE as well, it's a good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WN6IYDT3M

2. https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/collectibles/plush.html

Alright y'all,

One of the girls in my group of friends who comes to gaming nights plays League, and I play Dota 2.

I had the Manila majors on during one of the game nights and we got to talking about the differences between the two games.

She said for her birthday she's going to the LCS tournament in L.A. in July, so I figured "why not" and told her I'd go with her.

anyone can look like an idiot spectating league because things happen for no reason like this

as for gifts get a teeto hat to proclaim ur ever lasting love :^)

I'm busy being worried about RoA before looking at the rest of his build.

Fuck Ryze.

That will be a problem, but, really it's the combination of Seraphs, RoA, and Frozen Heart that will be ridiculous on him. Even with 10% cdr through his runes, he can get an easy 35% with FH and Lucidity.

It's gonna be stupid. League still can't competitively sustain a champion like this until more champions are reworked/come out to have overloaded kits like him. Or he gets nerfed to the ground.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's about 1.5 seconds?

It looks like Ryze can be stunned out of it(But I don't see a casting bar for it so it might just be a canned animation for it), which will lessen its use during a teamfight, but for the casting time and not needing any input from allies for them to benefit from it(Unlike Tahms), it does seem a bit strong.

I'd have to see final base numbers for his skills and scalings, but his passive doesn't give me confidence that Ryze won't have issues in being incredibly tanky as well as having a high damage output on top of his new utility now.
k, watched it, seen the numbers

honestly, the ult has a lot more range than i thought it would have, i can def see where ppl got the tk comparisons from. that being said, they're both really different champions and ryze's ult doesn't provide the insane defensive utility that is eating ur teammate lol

details:
- ult works like taric ult, he can do whatever he wants after casting it. so it kind of leaves him time to do like an epic murdering someone then peacing out
- his ult can only be ranked twice, and his q can be ranked six times total. i find this pretty interesting and i wonder if rito will start being a lot more liberal about this stuff like they did with jayce (tho jayce felt to me like in his case it was a bit nutty). basically how it works is that he just doesn't have to level ult at 16, he just has another q rank to do
- passive scaling is barely anything, he'll get 35 mana at 700 ap. i don't even know why this is in there lol
- damage on his q seems kind of insane, his e resets q cd and doubles the dmg and it's on a 2.25s cd. sounds really silly but since he doesn't have the perma rune prison thing anymore he'll have to do some chasing you if he wants to kill u. but yeah, his combo dmg is kind of dumb

Alright y'all,

get her a lulu plushie

i have one, it's adorable and really good quality

i'll think of stuff for question #1

zkylon

zkylewd
the important thing is that these swimsuit skins are for all the wrong champions hmpf

pool party had a year off

they could've done one mage you know

like put beach balls on any of my champions

i only like ball champions anyways

Zky you res hia mana conversion wrong

Its 35% extra mana not 35 mana
oh you're right, i'm dumb

that's a lot more significant

i wonder what his build will look like, this new kit really rewards him for building cdr and morellos now gives mana so i see that item being really good on him

idk

his build will be the same. They might try to play off a different build, but the same FH/RoA/SE will be core. He can get the remaining 20% through runes+Lucidity boots.

Thanks!

anyone can look like an idiot spectating league because things happen for no reason like this

as for gifts get a teeto hat to proclaim ur ever lasting love :^)

Lol, seems like Dota in the sense that sometimes pros just go dumb.

But like, what are the MEMES? I need MEMES so I can be relevant in the crowd.

Kappa

get her a lulu plushie

i have one, it's adorable and really good quality

i'll think of stuff for question #1

Thanks! I think she's mentioned trying to find a Gnar one, but that's out of stock and all the Ebay ones are clearly knock offs from China and they'll take too long to ship anyways. Lulu it is.

Just lost game 2 of promos for S3 because I failed to lock in...walked into room seconds late. Fuck me. Good thing I won first game. Here goes number 3...

Silver 3, hello!

Newt

Volibear and Hecarim both feel so unfair to play against as an immobile ADC.

It's so problematic because the immobile ADCs are the strongest atm. So you're basically fucked either way.

I'm so tilted right now.

Last match lobby, I was last pick (honestly my preference). Entire team was stacking CC: TF, Poppy, Leona, Ashe, Rammus. Morg was an obvious choice, and has been a personal staple pick made it better.

Clutch blocked arrows and gold cards. Once, I was ferrying helping a low health teammate back off when Ashe fires an arrow from afar but I couldn't confidently estimate who gets hit, so I just shielded myself and had crucible ready and it worked.

But Yasuo kept trying to 1vN. Like thinking he's 1v1ing Ashe even after I pinged for ten seconds Leona was with her seconds ago, then complains about ping spam, and later suggesting to group. Or 1v1ing Rammus even though they had TF with TP and ult, plus TP Poppy. Shen and Xin did really well. Jhin had subpar mechanics and poor itemization. Why would you go BT-PD-Lucidiy on Jhin against this team? Why not IE-Zeal item-QSS? I can shield at best two big shots.

Got an S- though, but looks like I'll only barely crack gold at the end of the season. Does it have to be a win to get chests? I didn't get any.

Top Bottom