• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
9z20kQN.png

flex q was a mistake

it's a pity, we didn't make any comments or anything and were super willing to try it out (it's flex so who cares) but sadly it was just shitheads spamming pings asking for assistance and whining about ping

i don't even get good trolls like imodem does

Newt

I'm watching the VOD and this casting is hilarious lol.

Costy and Envelaap, you guys did a good job.

By the way, thanks everyone for joining my team. You guys were all great.

*Ghost olaf cough*

drawkcaB

Ahhh yis, I can finally get around to watching match 3 of the in-house. Surely, Breezy's team pulled through?

EDIT: Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

Newt

Real talk though, Costy, you should try to set up a cool stream like this again. This inhouse was kinda unbalanced, but usually Fallen and I do captain draft and games are pretty close.

Calvero

Banned
Real talk though, Costy, you should try to set up a cool stream like this again. This inhouse was kinda unbalanced, but usually Fallen and I do captain draft and games are pretty close.

yesyesyes pls. the stream was dope, good way to start the year. the regular friday night inhouses we'd have were a lot better balancing wise. always close games and f i e s t a s . and i'll finally give riot my money and buy rp codes to donate to winners or mystery gifts
whichever is cheaper :^)))

Newt

Hm, lets hold another inhouse on Friday.

Anyways, by Ioki not showing up, it's clear who the real good guy here is.

Repgnar

Will watch the vod tomorrow but it'd be cool to get a weekly or bi-weekly stream going for in houses. Sounded like there was more than one person wanting to try out casting. RP would be a nice incentive but I think we'd have enough people just for wanting to play.

drawkcaB

Yep. I was definitely entertained by the whole thing. Teams definitely need to be balanced out.

I don't know who can do it, but I want Jim Ross/Jerry Lawler style casting for these matches. That shit would be fucking great.

Yep. I was definitely entertained by the whole thing. Teams definitely need to be balanced out.

I don't know who can do it, but I want Jim Ross/Jerry Lawler style casting for these matches. That shit would be fucking great.

we tried doing 3 casters for the last game but we ended up talking over each other

I want to 1v1 cast with costy, I'm too old for league.

scy

Yeah, I'm all for more of the actual casted-for-fun stuff going down. Would be a nice change of pace if nothing else.

Newt

I gotta say, I did like the 3 man cast at the end with Costy, Kayos and Breezy.

I preferred the Jatt Costy and Rivington Envelaap though.

Almost got my first Penta ever but the enemy team decided to finally FF right before their Garen could give his life to the Illaoi cause.

Feels real bad :'(

zkylon

zkylewd
ori afk's for like 8 minutes and she comes back and i show good sportmanship and let her farm up until we're both lvl 6. i could've killed her like 4 times but i prefer losing a 5v5 than winning a 5v4, that shit is so boring

meanwhile my vayne god bless her soul keeps pinging kill ori for those 8 minutes while repeatedly getting destroyed in 2v2s and flaming our jungler.

and i know when she tumbled forward right into that wall for poppy to stun her she thought "this meta is so unfair for adcs"

and i'm like ok i'm ready for viktor vs ziggs botlane to be the norm

i really hope a dozen more picks like that show up

(ofc vi oneshots me all game long and ap shaco top does about the same cos the game is kind of nutty but u get my point, rito pls remove adc from game)

I kept people awake last night talking so if we're doing them again they have to happen at least a couple of hours earlier. We didn't finish til 3:30 AM last night for me :/ It was fun though.

DRE Fei

Ziggs being played in bot forces a ton of ADCs out due to them lacking wave clear. I guess the enemy team can just stack mr to counter it, but as soon as Ziggs gets void staff it's gg and he's still gonna be melting your towers the entire time before that anyways.

Bot is already a shitty role because that's where everyone gets autofilled. I'm so glad I quit bot lane a while ago. This joke portion of the map has a wet piece of toilet paper masquerading as a tower because rito didn't like seeing lane swaps. Guess what? People still don't care about rift herald. I ever get autofilled bot you bet your ass I'm gonna pick ziggs.

Why would I play bot when I can just afk farm my jungle for a little bit, roam down there 2 levels ahead and pick up 2 free kills against these glorified cannon minions? After I'm done I get first blood tower gold and dragon for free.

ADC in 2017 LUL
https://clips.twitch.tv/imaqtpie/StupidDugongPeoplesChamp

This is why enforcing the meta was always a bad thing(1/1/1/2) and forcing certain roles to those lanes. Because there will always be outliers that break the rules. And now that people are going "Hey, Ziggs is pretty good as an adc replacement", people will continue experimenting more and more.

Thats why Im excited about Ziggs

1 of 2 things will happen.
Either they have to accept Ziggs and this will lead them to reworking ADCs

Or they nerf ziggs directly or indirectly. But the waterfall effect has started where other mages will be taken bot because surpise, they can perform very will.

I think they should make it so that bot is like mid, but with a support alongside you. You can take an AP carry or an AD carry there and be successful with both.

I gotta agree with Stone Ocean though, Ziggs is a little too strong at the moment. His Q cooldown is basically nonexistent, and that's not okay considering how much damage it does.

DRE Fei

Maybe that was rito's plan all along. Just make bot lane so bad to the point where people start playing all kinds of dumb shit when they get autofilled there.

Maybe shiptur just rage-picked ziggs bot one day because he got autofilled and it turned out to be a happy accident. Even if they nerf ziggs, people will just pick something else that can shit on the enemy ADC and the cycle continues.

drawkcaB

If ADCs being garbage is what it took for people to open their minds about picks and positions then so be it. Unfortunately, history says Riot will just nerf anything that upsets the meta as opposed to providing players with tools to deal with it.

Xeilyn

Just watched the vod, pretty good commentary honestly. Already been said but better have some even teams next time

Honestly, I think Riot's best bet is making BT the go-to rush item again. Having strong lifesteal can help survive people that aren't ahead or buying offensive items, it would open up for ADCs to let Warlords go and maybe use a slightly buffed Fervor to supplement their damage and it wouldn't be a buff to problematic champions like Yasuo like a IE buff would. Leave IE as the big supplementary third item spike.
I have a mage adc design like that. Where portals open up passively near the mage and if he that portal, his auto attack would become empowered, go farther, and pierce objects.
Sounds like old Xerath + Ivern

Top Bottom